Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** (/Thread-Official-Bengals-Free-Agency-Thread)

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - HarleyDog - 03-23-2021

What's the scoop on this Apple guy? We should have signed Android instead. Thoughts? Ninja

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: We have signed corner Eli Apple. This ensures us that even with a rash of injuries our starting corners will be FAR superior than what we ran out by mid-year last year. Apple isn't a star but if he is your 5th corner on your team you are doing really freaking good.

Wow, stacked at Corner suddenly...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Au165 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's the scoop on this Apple guy?

1st round bust, but has played a solid amount of football in NYG/NO/CAR. I don't want him as my opening day starter at CB (like some teams have tried) but if I need him to spot start for 3 or 4 games during an injury run you can do worse.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's the scoop on this Apple guy? We should have signed Android instead. Thoughts? Ninja

He must of been injured or something. Remember him playing with the Saints and being damn good.

(03-23-2021, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: 1st round bust, but has played a solid amount of football in NYG/NO/CAR. I don't want him as my opening day starter at CB (like some teams have tried) but if I need him to spot start for 3 or 4 games during an injury run you can do worse.

Surprised he is labeled as a bust, watched him shut down some big time Receivers in his time with the Saints.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Sled21 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: 1st round bust, but has played a solid amount of football in NYG/NO/CAR. I don't want him as my opening day starter at CB (like some teams have tried) but if I need him to spot start for 3 or 4 games during an injury run you can do worse.

Way better than Sims....

(03-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised he is labeled as a bust, watched him shut down some big time Receivers in his time with the Saints.

He had his moments but was the weak link of the defense there during his tenure. 

(03-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Way better than Sims....

I think we have seen from the team's actions in FA what they felt was a major issue for them last year.

(03-23-2021, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: He had his moments but was the weak link of the defense there during his tenure. 

Thanks, must of watched his good games. 

Sure are liking former Saints players. Vonn Bell, Hendrickson, Eli Apple, wanted Rankins...

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - XenoMorph - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we have seen from the team's actions in FA what they felt was a major issue for them last year.

well Luo is a DB guy... 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Dean_Gilberry95 - 03-23-2021

Might as well bring Hooker in too!

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised he is labeled as a bust, watched him shut down some big time Receivers in his time with the Saints.

Solid Depth CB, Bust label probably because he was a top 10 pick and you would expect a hell of alot more from that.

Solid Zone coverage, off man coverage, okay man coverage (but tends to hold/grab often in man). Ball skills are lacking, tends to not even turn his head often to find the ball (which leads to holding as well). Played well in spurts for Saints but they decided to NOT resign him after 2019 season and moved J.Jenkins to the outside for 2020 (who they had obtained during the 19 season). Was released by Carolina very early on due to a "injury"  

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Joelist - 03-23-2021

Decent in zone, injury problems and a bit of a head case with the Giants.

If it means never seeing Leshaun Sims getting toasted play after play again I am in favor of the signing.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Sled21 - 03-23-2021

So, another guy who excels in zone. This is why WJIII was not retained.

***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - BenZoo2 - 03-23-2021

Hope this doesn’t hinder efforts to sign another iol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Memphis_Bengal - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 04:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Decent in zone, injury problems and a bit of a head case with the Giants.

If it means never seeing Leshaun Sims getting toasted play after play again I am in favor of the signing.

Man no kidding! I know his name because it was guaranteed his back would be to the camera chasing after a WR.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-23-2021

My only problem with Apple is he has a reputation as being a "bad" seed.  

Being on a notorious losing organization does first sign of losing bring out that bad seed and being a bad teammate?  

Why even bring someone with that type of reputation into your organization? I understand this is being done as depth but I'd rather have someone who comes with a good reputation and puts in the work. 

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - Fulcher_33 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 05:45 PM)TJ528 Wrote: My only problem with Apple is he has a reputation as being a "bad" seed.  

Being on a notorious losing organization does first sign of losing bring out that bad seed and being a bad teammate?  

Why even bring someone with that type of reputation into your organization? I understand this is being done as depth but I'd rather have someone who comes with a good reputation and puts in the work. 

I think the bad seed thing is a little overblown. He had issues in NY that is true, but there was nothing bad that I can remember from him while he was here in NOLA from a locker room perspective.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - TJ528 - 03-23-2021

(03-23-2021, 05:52 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: I think the bad seed thing is a little overblown. He had issues in NY that is true, but there was nothing bad that I can remember from him while he was here in NOLA from a 
Unfortunately  until you price that perception of you wrong it's what it is across the league.  My hope is Phillips doesn't get hurt by this signing but I have a feeling this signing relegated him to ST and return man.

RE: ***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread*** - GreenCornBengal - 03-23-2021

Was coached under Lou when he was younger right? Isn’t he the one who had the spat with Landon Collins?