Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Curse of Oak Island - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: The Curse of Oak Island (/Thread-The-Curse-of-Oak-Island)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-13-2017

I enjoy this show. I remember reading about Oak Island as a kid and have always wondered if there is anything there. Now the narrator or whatever is flat out annoying. "A piece of wood? In a hole where there shouldn't be wood?"

My problem with this show is that unless they have some sort of gag order we know they haven't found anything because we would have heard about it. It's like these shows that search for the Ark. I know how it ends, 'cause i'm pretty sure I would have heard if the Ark was found. Does anyone know if they have some sort of strict gag policy in place that if they make a big discovery it won't be revealed until the shows air?

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Benton - 02-13-2017

I would assume that they do. I've done interview with people who've been on shows like Says Yes to the Dress, House Hunters and Moonshiners (or whatever it's called) and other reality type shows. They can't talk about much until the show airs. Even then, there's things they can't get into.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-14-2017

Narrator aside, the show is fascinating from merely a historical standpoint....if nothing else.  It seems they are on the verge of at least finding some man made features from the 17th and 18th centuries that have no logical purpose, other than hiding something.  The treasure, or what have you, may be long gone, but the mystery is quite an interesting story.  It appears they are going to stumble upon those box drains, and have found logs that are from the 1600s where the original money pit was.  Very interesting.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-14-2017

(02-14-2017, 01:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Narrator aside, the show is fascinating from merely a historical standpoint....if nothing else.  It seems they are on the verge of at least finding some man made features from the 17th and 18th centuries that have no logical purpose, other than hiding something.  The treasure, or what have you, may be long gone, but the mystery is quite an interesting story.  It appears they are going to stumble upon those box drains, and have found logs that are from the 1600s where the original money pit was.  Very interesting.

I wonder if the show pays them anything.  It seems Marty and Craig have some money, but they have spent an enormous amount on this project.  I hope they get some answers before Dan dies.  Dave on the other hand can go ahead and be #7 because he's the most useless guy by far.  

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-14-2017

(02-14-2017, 03:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wonder if the show pays them anything.  It seems Marty and Craig have some money, but they have spent an enormous amount on this project.  I hope they   get some answers before Dan dies.  Dave on the other hand can go ahead and be #7 because he's the most useless guy by far.  

Agree 100%.  Dan had some money to bring to the table too, because he is actually a partner with the Laginas and Tester.  I wonder if Fred Noland's estate is kicking in some money as well.  I'd say they're making at least enough to help pay the bills.  That may be the entire reasoning behind the show....to generate funding.  It's a pretty popular show among history buffs.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - seahawkscheat - 02-15-2017

I once found a wooden nickel at a nudist colony

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-15-2017

(02-15-2017, 12:40 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I once found a wooden nickel at a nudist colony

A wooden nickel?  On a nude beach?  Could this be the same wooden nickel that legend says a Templar took out of the mouth of Marie Antoinette as her head lay in a basket?

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-16-2017

OK they found some 17th century wood in a hole that eventually lead nowhere. Still that seems pretty significant, and they are going for a 4th hole. I swear I don't even think I was aware until last year that nobody knew exactly where the original money pit was. I blame the cigarette smoking dude on the bulldozer.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-16-2017

(02-16-2017, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: OK they found some 17th century wood in a hole that eventually lead nowhere.  Still that seems pretty significant, and they are going for a 4th hole.  I swear I don't even think I was aware until last year that nobody knew exactly where the original money pit was.  I blame the cigarette smoking dude on the bulldozer.

That dude really screwed up a whole helluva lot of the puzzle.  He moved several landmarks and clues, and then totally destroyed the topography and benchmarks that made the layout at the money pit.  The sneak peak for next week's show looks like they have really found some significant pieces in the 4th hole.  They should have listened to Rick all along, he's been researching this for 50 years after all.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - rfaulk34 - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: That dude really screwed up a whole helluva lot of the puzzle.  He moved several landmarks and clues, and then totally destroyed the topography and benchmarks that made the layout at the money pit.  The sneak peak for next week's show looks like they have really found some significant pieces in the 4th hole.  They should have listened to Rick all along, he's been researching this for 50 years after all.

Yeah... I've seen this before. 

It was called National Treasure and Nick Cage was bad, as usual, in it. 

Mellow

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-17-2017

(02-17-2017, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah... I've seen this before. 

It was called National Treasure and Nick Cage was bad, as usual, in it. 

Mellow

LMAO

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - SunsetBengal - 02-17-2017

(02-16-2017, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: That dude really screwed up a whole helluva lot of the puzzle.  He moved several landmarks and clues, and then totally destroyed the topography and benchmarks that made the layout at the money pit.  The sneak peak for next week's show looks like they have really found some significant pieces in the 4th hole.  They should have listened to Rick all along, he's been researching this for 50 years after all.

I also enjoy the show, and try to catch as many episodes as I can.  One thing that I have noticed is, every sneak peak to the next episode looks like they are finding something fantastic.  My wife has gotten aggravated with watching The Curse of Oak Island, to the point where she now retires to the other room to watch reruns of The Bachelor. Hilarious   My personal thought is that the treasure seems to be more elusive to those guys, than a Super Bowl ring is to the Bengals..

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Tiger Teeth - 02-17-2017

I have no idea whatsoever what the hell you guys are talking about. But I saw a movie once called "The Money Pit". Confused

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-20-2017

(02-17-2017, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I also enjoy the show, and try to catch as many episodes as I can.  One thing that I have noticed is, every sneak peak to the next episode looks like they are finding something fantastic.  My wife has gotten aggravated with watching The Curse of Oak Island, to the point where she now retires to the other room to watch reruns of The Bachelor. Hilarious   My personal thought is that the treasure seems to be more elusive to those guys, than a Super Bowl ring is to the Bengals..

I really think they are just as interested in the mystery itself as they are in the treasure.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Vas Deferens - 02-22-2017

Let's get way down deep in that pit. But let's make sure the rock is safe before drilling. COUGH COUGH

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - bengalfan74 - 02-22-2017

I as well really enjoy the show but I'm a history nerd that gets off on all this kind of stuff. Probably 3/4 of my TV is the History channel and discovery channel, that type of stuff.

Getting a new Metal Detector soon BTW. I wouldn't doubt if they have the funds they'll eventually find something down there. Whether it's a billion dollar find or not ??? But I feel it will be historically significant.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 07:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I as well really enjoy the show but I'm a history nerd that gets off on all this kind of stuff. Probably 3/4 of my TV is the History channel and discovery channel, that type of stuff.

Getting a new Metal Detector soon BTW. I wouldn't doubt if they have the funds they'll eventually find something down there. Whether it's a billion dollar find or not ??? But I feel it will be historically significant.

Those are the two channels I watch the most as well.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Tiger Teeth - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 07:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I as well really enjoy the show but I'm a history nerd that gets off on all this kind of stuff. Probably 3/4 of my TV is the History channel and discovery channel, that type of stuff.

(02-22-2017, 03:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Those are the two channels I watch the most as well.

No wonder I like you guys.  Same taste in T.V.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-23-2017

So if Daniel McGinness ran off with 3 treasure chests, what makes them think there's more?

And how are you discussing whether to continue in GAL1 when you keep pulling stuff up? Find a way to get the can deeper, and try getting an American with a man's name operating the machinery. He'll bust right through.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 01:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So if Daniel McGinness ran off with 3 treasure chests, what makes them think there's more?

And how are you discussing whether to continue in GAL1 when you keep pulling stuff up?  Find a way to get the can deeper, and try getting an American with a man's name operating the machinery.  He'll bust right through.

Don't spoil too much....I haven't watched the DVR yet.  Smirk