Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Curse of Oak Island - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: The Curse of Oak Island (/Thread-The-Curse-of-Oak-Island)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 01:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't spoil too much....I haven't watched the DVR yet.  Smirk

That's why I didn't look at the thread til last night after I had watched it on DVR.

I don't think this spoils anything, but they pulled up 5 chests with Templar crosses on them loaded with gold coins and diamonds, plus the Ark of the Covenant which still had the Ten Commandments and also had the grail inside, but of course we have to wait til next year to see if there is anything important there.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Vas Deferens - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 02:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's why I didn't look at the thread til last night after I had watched it on DVR.

I don't think this spoils anything, but they pulled up 5 chests with Templar crosses on them loaded with gold coins and diamonds, plus the Ark of the Covenant which still had the Ten Commandments and also had the grail inside, but of course we have to wait til next year to see if there is anything important there.

That corpse they awoke was right pissed.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 03:31 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: That corpse they awoke was right pissed.

Yeah they needed to drop the hammer grab on that thing, pronto.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-24-2017

(02-23-2017, 02:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's why I didn't look at the thread til last night after I had watched it on DVR.

Everyone knows the ark is full of sand and in a huge government warehouse now....c'mon man. LOL

All jokes aside....they did pull up some interesting stuff.  I'm more intrigued with the history than the treasure itself.  Glad I avoided this until I watched it. Wink

.....and yes....I'd press on.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Vas Deferens - 02-24-2017

Just catching up with the last couple of episodes. But seriously that guy from AZ who owns the island near oak needs mental health evaluation. It scares me people like that drive on our roads. If he can eat his own dog food with such enthusiasm on national TV and bear waking up everyday. God only knows what he's doing in private.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - McC - 02-25-2017

(02-24-2017, 08:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Just catching up with the last couple of episodes.  But seriously that guy from AZ who owns the island near oak needs mental health evaluation.  It scares me people like that drive on our roads.  If he can eat his own dog food with such enthusiasm on national TV and bear waking up everyday.  God only knows what he's doing in private.

Could be just the opposite.  Could be just showing off.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Vas Deferens - 02-27-2017

(02-25-2017, 03:37 PM)McC Wrote: Could be just the opposite.  Could be just showing off.

Sure. I have plans for an invisible space elevator I'm selling if anyone knows someone in market.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-26-2018

Anybody think they are close? (Anyone still watching?) There is something there. I mean bones from A European and a Middle Easterner below previous searcher depth? Also parchment and book binding.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Anybody think they are close?  (Anyone still watching?)  There is something there.  I mean bones from A European and a Middle Easterner below previous searcher depth?  Also parchment and book binding.

Yup......still a dedicated follower.  I think they are very close to solving a mystery.....even if the actual treasure is long gone.  The bones and parchment are very intriguing, but whatever is chewing up the teeth on the can may be the big find.  It seems I recall one of the old searchers hit a metal plate around the depth they are in the DMT shaft.....appears they have rediscovered it.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - SunsetBengal - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup......still a dedicated follower.  I think they are very close to solving a mystery.....even if the actual treasure is long gone.  The bones and parchment are very intriguing, but whatever is chewing up the teeth on the can may be the big find.  It seems I recall one of the old searchers hit a metal plate around the depth they are in the DMT shaft.....appears they have rediscovered it.

I'm with you, even if they don't find the big "score", setting the records straight about the legend, is one heck of a life's achievement.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - JustWinBaby - 02-27-2018

(02-26-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup......still a dedicated follower.  I think they are very close to solving a mystery.....even if the actual treasure is long gone.  The bones and parchment are very intriguing, but whatever is chewing up the teeth on the can may be the big find.  It seems I recall one of the old searchers hit a metal plate around the depth they are in the DMT shaft.....appears they have rediscovered it.

I don't think anything is there.  I think some of that stuff has been planted/fabricated for the purpose of creating a story.  It just seems a little too convenient they go over to France or wherever and see the crosses, then a guy finds one with a metal detector on the beach. That's an eye-roller.

And how in the world would someone 400 years ago moved and buried a giant metal plate 75 feet below ground?

Now you have a spinoff series, so looks like they've milked this one for all it's worth.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - SunsetBengal - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 07:02 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think anything is there.  I think some of that stuff has been planted/fabricated for the purpose of creating a story.  It just seems a little too convenient they go over to France or wherever and see the crosses, then a guy finds one with a metal detector on the beach. That's an eye-roller.

And how in the world would someone 400 years ago moved and buried a giant metal plate 75 feet below ground?

Now you have a spinoff series, so looks like they've milked this one for all it's worth.

Easy now, we all know that there were a few people who knew how to get things done, in bygone times.  Heck, from what my Native American friends say, the Mayan's may have been better engineers than the Egyptians.

Anyway, the show makes for some good, cheap entertainment.  Now, kindly skedaddle your skeptical butt down the road..  LOL

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - JustWinBaby - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy now, we all know that there were a few people who knew how to get things done, in bygone times.  Heck, from what my Native American friends say, the Mayan's may have been better engineers than the Egyptians.

Anyway, the show makes for some good, cheap entertainment.  Now, kindly skedaddle your skeptical butt down the road..  LOL

All I'm sayin' is.....at least Geraldo FOUND an actual vault   Hilarious

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Go Cards - 02-28-2018

Have known the legend long before the show and it always fascinated me.

Just am not a fan of the show. Watched at beginning but got bored after first season.

Will go back and watch if they find it.

Although I do believe that something significant is there.

But doesn't the legend say that one more person has to die before it is found ?

One of the brothers is going to have to push the other down the hole in order to find treasure. Ninja

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-28-2018

(02-27-2018, 07:02 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think anything is there.  I think some of that stuff has been planted/fabricated for the purpose of creating a story.  It just seems a little too convenient they go over to France or wherever and see the crosses, then a guy finds one with a metal detector on the beach. That's an eye-roller.

I don't think anything is left.....but history proves there was, at the very least, some sort of civil engineering project going on on that small island off the Canadian coast.  So why would that be the case?  That's what I'd like to know.  One theory states that Canada was discovered by Europeans long before official history dictates.  Maybe that's what they establish.  However, the box drains have been discovered, they are finding massive timbers in the cove along the shore, and numerous other structures on the island throughout history.  This is documented, and the current show has shown evidence of these things as well.  Why does this tiny island have evidence of an infrastructure that dates back over 300 years?

I think the other is a mini series.....and apparently, they contacted Marty to produce the show.

(02-27-2018, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Easy now, we all know that there were a few people who knew how to get things done, in bygone times.  Heck, from what my Native American friends say, the Mayan's may have been better engineers than the Egyptians.

Yeah.....I might be skeptical of the iron cross (but then again, they made no qualms about dismissing the alleged Roman sword as a fake), but some of the other finds seem rather genuine, and I see no problem with a large scale excavation and using block and tackle to hoist heavy objects into place back in the 1700s when Egyptians and Mayans were moving MASSIVE stones and stacking them before Jesus was alive.

(02-28-2018, 01:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Have known the legend long before the show and it always fascinated me.

Just am not a fan of the show. Watched at beginning but got bored after first season.

Will go back and watch if they find it.

Although I do believe that something significant is there.

But doesn't the legend say that one more person has to die before it is found ?

One of the brothers is going to have to push the other down the hole in order to find treasure. Ninja

If the legend is true, then it may be that the death of Craig Tester's son is the key that unlocks it.  The first couple of seasons were hard to sit through, but lately, the hunt has been gaining momentum.

As for actual treasure.....if there was one there, I think you'll find Samuel Ball found it, and used it. Wink

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - michaelsean - 02-28-2018

(02-28-2018, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: As for actual treasure.....if there was one there, I think you'll find Samuel Ball found it, and used it. Wink

He sure bought a lot of land all of a sudden.

I don't know what, but something happened on that island.  I mean the wood the original people found every ten feet along with the stone at 90ft.  

These guys are bringing up stuff that pre-dates the original explorers.  

And I still blame most of the issues on the cigarette smoking guy on the bulldozer.

(02-28-2018, 11:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He sure bought a lot of land all of a sudden.

I don't know what, but something happened on that island.  I mean the wood the original people found every ten feet along with the stone at 90ft.  

These guys are bringing up stuff that pre-dates the original explorers.  

And I still blame most of the issues on the cigarette smoking guy on the bulldozer.

.....and then petitioned the Canadian government to allow other freed slaves to come to Oak Island to establish a colony of sorts.  He wound up quite a wealthy man.

Something was sure going on to have all of these structures built there.....and built long before any official history says there were people there.

Almost all of the issues surrounding the pieces to the puzzle are Restall's fault.

Edit: Dunfield was the guy with all the bulldozers....Restall was the guy before him that died with his son and two others in a shaft due to some kind of gas.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - JustWinBaby - 03-24-2018

Anyone watching the Confederate gold show?

I haven't bothered to research it - which seems like it would be pretty tough, anyway - but if what they've revealed so far is true/real it's pretty fascinating.

I don't know if a container full of gold actually fell off or was pushed off a ship, but it seems to me like this gold probably did exist and was heisted by some Union soldiers from Michigan.

RE: The Curse of Oak Island - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-26-2018

(03-24-2018, 07:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Anyone watching the Confederate gold show?

I haven't bothered to research it - which seems like it would be pretty tough, anyway - but if what they've revealed so far is true/real it's pretty fascinating.

I don't know if a container full of gold actually fell off or was pushed off a ship, but it seems to me like this gold probably did exist and was heisted by some Union soldiers from Michigan.

I have not, outside of the debut.  I meant to, but I forgot to set my DVR, thanks for the reminder. :andy: