Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Peppers? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Peppers? (/Thread-Peppers)

Pages: 1 2

Peppers? - TKUHL - 02-22-2017

If he is there in the 2nd do you pull the trigger? but my question is not will he be there, should you pick him etc. Where would you play him. I think he would be more dangerous on offense with the ball in his hands. Are coaches intimidated cause their not sure how to use him. Thoughts.

RE: Peppers? - psychdoctor - 02-23-2017

(02-22-2017, 11:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If he is there in the 2nd do you pull the trigger? but my question is not will he be there, should you pick him etc. Where would you play him. I think he would be more dangerous on offense with the ball in his hands. Are coaches intimidated cause their not sure how to use him. Thoughts.

In the 2nd round? yes.  I think he is Fulcher like tweener with intangibles that wins games.  BUT it would depend on who was still on the board at that pick.  IF Cam Robinson is there i would pick him instead.

RE: Peppers? - bfine32 - 02-23-2017

Of course I'd take Peppers in the second. I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 1st

RE: Peppers? - BURROWorBUST - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 12:45 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: In the 2nd round? yes.  I think he is Fulcher like tweener with intangibles that wins games.  BUT it would depend on who was still on the board at that pick.  IF Cam Robinson is there i would pick him instead.

The Fulcher comparison is pretty spot on, except Peppers looks a little quicker. I don't think he'd have a problem covering TEs. But I don't think he's guy we'd take. Not this year. Would he be an upgrade to Iloka? They just spent a decent amount of money on Iloka. They must think he's good enough. Hooker would be another story. He'd be such an upgrade over S. Williams. Let Shawn move up and cover TEs. 

RE: Peppers? - bengalsturntup926 - 02-23-2017

In the 2nd round I like him, but depends on who else is there. I think he could be like a deion Sanders, play offense too. But the Bengals would not play him like that. Or even as a returner

RE: Peppers? - Au165 - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:55 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: In the 2nd round I like him, but depends on who else is there. I think he could be like a deion Sanders, play offense too. But the Bengals would not play him like that. Or even as a returner

Except he can't cover nearly as good as Deion. I honestly think he is more of an undersized nickle LB over a safety to be honest.

RE: Peppers? - 3wt - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 04:40 AM)Shady Wrote: The Fulcher comparison is pretty spot on, except Peppers looks a little quicker. I don't think he'd have a problem covering TEs. But I don't think he's guy we'd take. Not this year. Would he be an upgrade to Iloka? They just spent a decent amount of money on Iloka. They must think he's good enough. Hooker would be another story. He'd be such an upgrade over S. Williams. Let Shawn move up and cover TEs. 

He is a tweener of sorts, but he's not nearly as big as Fulcher was.  Fulcher was 6'3" and almost 230lbs when he came out.  He was reportedly playing at 250lbs at one point.

And yeah, he's a LOT quicker/ faster than Fulcher was.  And he would be a complete upgrade from Williams.  He's a stud who needs to play one position - on defense.

And to the OP heck yeah I'd take him if he was available in the 2nd.  He'd be a steal there!  But he'll be long gone

RE: Peppers? - NATI BENGALS - 02-23-2017

I think I would pass. On a Marvin Lewis team with no true position he would barely see the field. There are a lot of good safeties in the draft. If we want one take one that played and excelled at the position.

Too small to be a LB and only one INT in college.

RE: Peppers? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-23-2017

Is he another Taylor Mays? Or a Deion Jones?

RE: Peppers? - SunsetBengal - 02-23-2017

Peppers? He's a great player. Would be a great addition to most any team, as a luxury addition. However, this team needs to fill some fundamental roles on both the OL and DL, as well as LB. Not to mention, any time that this team's coaching staff has experimented with a 'tweener', weather it be DL/LB or DB/LB they have failed to be able to utilize that player accordingly.

So, for any team that has it's collective shit together, in the coaching dept., Peppers might be a great player to take. For the Bengals, I think not.

RE: Peppers? - Jpoore - 02-24-2017

I would not take him till at least the third. Wouldn't feel great about it there either

RE: Peppers? - McC - 02-24-2017

Jim Harbaugh said he was the best offensive player on the team and the best defensive player too. With the right team, with the right plan on how to use him, he'll be a star. The Bengals would never be that team. And he'll never get to the second round.

RE: Peppers? - ochocincos - 02-24-2017

(02-23-2017, 09:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is he another Taylor Mays? Or a Deion Jones?

I was JUST thinking another Taylor Mays prior to reading this. I think he will be a Taylor Mays type if put at safety. He'll have the measureables but will struggle to make a true impact on the field outside of maybe ST. The only chance I see Peppers succeeding is if he's put at nickel LB from the start. Don't try and convert him to LB after a few years like Mays did. By that point, it will be too late and he won't succeed.

RE: Peppers? - seahawkscheat - 02-24-2017

at the very worst he will be a terrell pryor wide receiver which was pretty good last year

RE: Peppers? - wolfkaosaun - 02-24-2017

Yep, I jump all over that in the 2nd round.

Where does he play? I do believe he could play as a safety. Sure, he was a jack of all trades but he didn't put up many career turnovers. However, he was always around the ball and made plays.

I believe he could play safety or outside linebacker.

I know people are comparing him to Taylor Mays, but I just don't see it. Mainly because I never saw Mays as being a OLB type and mainly just a safety. We tried to make him into something he's not. Mays was just a bust all the way around. I was never huge on Mays either. He wasn't a good prospect overall. I remember him just being bad in coverage and always wanting to make a hit rather than covering. He was a speed freak and had measureables. But no ball skills whatsoever.

Peppers showed the ability to cover using different techniques. He played man, zone, press. Granted, he's the best in zone coverage and a little stiff in man. Can run sideline to sideline. Peppers isn't the greatest prospects by any means, there's some question marks with him.

But Peppers > Mays.

And I give him a shot in round 2.

RE: Peppers? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-24-2017

(02-22-2017, 11:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If he is there in the 2nd do you pull the trigger? but my question is not will he be there, should you pick him etc. Where would you play him. I think he would be more dangerous on offense with the ball in his hands. Are coaches intimidated cause their not sure how to use him. Thoughts.

This is a good question cause it makes me think. I still don't know his position.

Too small for LB'er, cannot cover enough to be a CB or a Safety. Maybe Safety with our 2 deep might suit him.

Tweener Nickel Linebacker at times. If you have a creative enough DC he might be special and he is a great return man.

I would take him in the 2nd cause i actually think Geunther and Simmons could use him well.

Thank God he would not be on Offense where they never use anyone right.

RE: Peppers? - TKUHL - 02-24-2017

(02-23-2017, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Peppers? He's a great player. Would be a great addition to most any team, as a luxury addition. However, this team needs to fill some fundamental roles on both the OL and DL, as well as LB. Not to mention, any time that this team's coaching staff has experimented with a 'tweener', weather it be DL/LB or DB/LB they have failed to be able to utilize that player accordingly.

So, for any team that has it's collective shit together, in the coaching dept., Peppers might be a great player to take. For the Bengals, I think not.

This was my thoughts also. The position that would fit best seems to be safety but when I think of tweeters in the past (Mays) we didn't seem to know what the hell to do with him. So I was thinking like another poster said with Pryor. But your answer pretty much sums it up. Would be a wasted luxury pick in the Nati.

RE: Peppers? - Goalpost - 03-05-2017

Like him or not, i gotta give credit to him. Peppers is going to do all drills for two consecutive days. With the linebackers today and the DB's tomorrow

RE: Peppers? - Yojimbo - 03-05-2017

At 5'10" 213lbs, he's a Safety for sure.

RE: Peppers? - bfine32 - 03-05-2017

4.47 40