Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Pacman or Revis island - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Pacman or Revis island (/Thread-Pacman-or-Revis-island)

Pacman or Revis island - Lawless_1 - 02-28-2017

Now that Revis is available who would you rather have?

Revis is historically the better player and probably lesser of two evils. Both had recent off the field issues and fell off last season on the field.

I for one think Revis has more left in the tank and a change of scenery might help. Pacman I think is a lost cause.

I'd cut Pacman and sign Revis today.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Lawless_1 - 02-28-2017

Crap I posted this in the wrong section

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Hammerstripes - 02-28-2017

(02-28-2017, 10:24 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Now that Revis is available who would you rather have?

Revis is historically the better player and probably lesser of two evils. Both had recent off the field issues and fell off last season on the field.

I for one think Revis has more left in the tank and a change of scenery might help. Pacman I think is a lost cause.

I'd cut Pacman and sign Revis today.

Good Lord, did you see Revis play last year?  He was arguably one of the worst corners in the league.  There's no way I would take him, not even on a vet minimum deal.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Murdock2420 - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 11:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord, did you see Revis play last year?  He was arguably one of the worst corners in the league.  There's no way I would take him, not even on a vet minimum deal.

On a vet minimum deal, yes I'd take Revis. Sure, he fell off a ton last season but the guy still knows how to play corner. Bring him to camp, let the young guys learn from him and if they beat him...you cut him. Low risk, high reward.

Thing is Revis won't sign a vet minimum deal.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Hammerstripes - 03-01-2017

(03-01-2017, 12:07 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: On a vet minimum deal, yes I'd take Revis. Sure, he fell off a ton last season but the guy still knows how to play corner. Bring him to camp, let the young guys learn from him and if they beat him...you cut him. Low risk, high reward.

Thing is Revis won't sign a vet minimum deal.

He was so bad last year that he wouldn't beat out any of our top 4 corners.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - NATI BENGALS - 03-01-2017

Revis is set for life. Pacman still has lawsuits to pay i believe. There is a lot more incentive for pacman to stay at the top of his game.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Jpoore - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 11:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord, did you see Revis play last year?  He was arguably one of the worst corners in the league.  There's no way I would take him, not even on a vet minimum deal.

I would take him and turn him into a fs.... He could ball in that role imo.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - J24 - 03-01-2017

Neither if zimmer was here maybe Revis but he's not so neither.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - Hammerstripes - 03-02-2017

(03-01-2017, 01:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I would take him and turn him into a fs.... He could ball in that role imo.

Not so sure about that.  He was really a press-man who grabbed and held a lot.  I don't think he's a Rod Woodson or Charles Woodson type athlete that would be able to make that move.

RE: Pacman or Revis island - McC - 03-04-2017

Neither. One has lost his mind and the other his mojo.