Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Kevin Minter visiting - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Kevin Minter visiting (/Thread-Kevin-Minter-visiting)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Kevin Minter visiting - PikesPeakUC - 03-14-2017

Former Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter is in Indianapolis today, and will visit the Bengals on Wednesday per Adam Schefter.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - fredtoast - 03-14-2017

Minter Berry Crunch

[Image: 200_s.gif]

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:16 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Former Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter is in Indianapolis today, and will visit the Bengals on Wednesday per Adam Schefter.

Cool, always liked Minter in college.

That was a good Defense in Zona.

Keenan Robinson and Minter would be welcome additions to our LB core.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - BURROWorBUST - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, always liked Minter in college.

That was a good Defense in Zona.

Keenan Robinson and Minter would be welcome additions to our LB core.

Yeah, Minter, Burfict, and Vigil would be pretty interesting to watch. Robinson would be great to put out there with Vigil and Burfict on passing downs. 

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - McC - 03-14-2017

These are guys who can still play. Wonder how many we can sign.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:44 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, Minter, Burfict, and Vigil would be pretty interesting to watch. Robinson would be great to put out there with Vigil and Burfict on passing downs. 

True, i think we could actually be good in coverage with these guys on passing downs.

Wish we just had a different LB coach. Haslett was disappointing to say the least last year.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - XenoMorph - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Minter Berry Crunch

[Image: 200_s.gif]

hahaha great episode...    Mint berry crunch is the only hope against Cthulhu we have

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Housh - 03-14-2017

Id like a deal for ANY linebacker that can cover the middle

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - fredtoast - 03-14-2017

LB play was bad last year. Problems in coverage were obvious to everyone, but I believe the LBs deserve as much, if not more, blame for our problems against the run than our D-line.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - wolfkaosaun - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LB play was bad last year.  Problems in coverage were obvious to everyone, but I believe the LBs deserve as much, if not more, blame for our problems against the run than our D-line.

Pretty much. Burfict was our best LB, but it took him until after the BYE week to actually get back to what we expect from him. He had a slow start to the season and people tend to overlook that.

On D-line, we have Dunlap and Atkins. At LB, we didn't really have guys sifting through traffic or getting off blocks. They just tried to get in the way of the run.

It needs upgraded, and I think people have too high expectations of Vigil in all honesty.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - corpjet - 03-14-2017

Can we then release Rey M and send him far far away?

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Deanlj69 - 03-14-2017

Correct me if I'm wrong but both of these guys are good coverage backers? If so either would be a good addition now another thumper with speed is needed. It just seems like Foster might be a pick unless their thought process is signing one eliminates the need to draft a 1st round backer?

Frankly I don't have a damn clue anymore what their logic and strategy is

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - milksheikh - 03-14-2017

He's ranked #39th Free Agent by NFL.com...

http://nfl.com/freeagency

I wouldn't mind him at all, he's quite good against the run and has alright coverage skills, one of the up and coming players on that Cardinals defense. He will command at least $4m+ a year.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Socal Bengals fan - 03-14-2017

He was really good last year in Arizona but if we sign him we won't be drafting Foster or Reddick

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Shouldamapads - 03-14-2017

The management on this team could f%>} up a wet dream. We aren't signing these guys unless they take the minimum

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - jj22 - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 06:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He's ranked #39th Free Agent by NFL.com...

http://nfl.com/freeagency

I wouldn't mind him at all, he's quite good against the run and has alright coverage skills, one of the up and coming players on that Cardinals defense. He will command at least $4m+ a year.

If they like what they see.....We may have to cut a rookie.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - CJD - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: These are guys who can still play.  Wonder how many we can sign.

I'm gonna guess zero.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Shake n Blake - 03-14-2017

These guys are young. Maybe the Bengals have learned their lesson from Harrison/Hawk?

I could get behind either signing, especially Minter.

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Derrick - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 07:41 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: The management on this team could f%>} up a wet dream.  We aren't signing these guys unless they take the minimum
You've got that right! Even with all the salaries NOT paid to players who left Sad , Mikey will not be able to find any cash to pay these guys. BUT HE SHOULD!!! Bang Head Sick Bang Head

RE: Kevin Minter visiting - Shake n Blake - 03-14-2017

Rotoworld had this to say about the visit:

Quote:Free agent ILB Kevin Minter will visit the Bengals on Wednesday.
The ex-Jet visited Indianapolis on Monday. Minter is an average player, but has improved the past few seasons. He would get legitimate snaps in either Indianapolis or Cincinnati.