Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? (/Thread-Did-my-OJ-Howard-idea-get-poached-by-SB-Nation-Cincy-Jungle)

Pages: 1 2

Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - depthchart - 03-20-2017

On 3/15/17 in NFL Draft Central I wrote a thread called "Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard?
638 views so far and few if any people talking about Howard as an option at that time.
Today, on 3/20/17 SB Nation Cincy Jungle had the following story "Could TE OJ Howard be target for Bengals at No 9"?
It may be likely that someone writing a story for SB Nation Cincy Jungle also has interest in this Board since they are local and may have poached my prior written thread idea. If so, I'm honored. If not, I'm self absorbed.
Their story even started with the same word "Could".

Take Poll as to your take on this.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - BmorePat87 - 03-20-2017

The Cincy Jungle is just a glorified blog post copying, i mean citing, an article from a Bengals.com where a mock draft had them taking him.

If anyone stole your idea, it's Geoff Hobson, editor of Bengals.com

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - SunsetBengal - 03-20-2017

Do you have a link to their story?  There are many other things to consider, before accusing someone of intellectual theft.  Did their reasoning align perfectly with yours?  Did they copy any of your text, verbatim?

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - Okeana - 03-20-2017

Before the draft I made a big case for us taking Leonard fournette and explained the need to upgrade at running back early. Then all of a sudden it was being tweeted and stories coming out all over bleacher report. I however should state that I don't consider this stealing because a lot of the writers are fans first and spend time on forums. So its just natural

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - TKUHL - 03-20-2017

Royalties?

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - NATI BENGALS - 03-20-2017

I said last year OJ Howard looked like a first round pick during the national championship. Lots of people hanging off my nuts since then right?

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - CJD - 03-21-2017

Much more likely they got the idea from Hobson.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mock-9-features-sound-prospects/e5532e73-7e64-4dbc-8313-2ad3a5204bdf

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - depthchart - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 07:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Much more likely they got the idea from Hobson.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mock-9-features-sound-prospects/e5532e73-7e64-4dbc-8313-2ad3a5204bdf

The Hobson Article is March 17 and mine is March 15.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - Vas Deferens - 03-21-2017

Depthchart actually works for SB and threw it on these boards to get more details for his story. Then came back here with this smoke and mirrors garbage thread to throw us off his scent and get some poor unsuspecting souls to click on the SB article.

WITCH!

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - depthchart - 03-21-2017

(03-20-2017, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you have a link to their story?  There are many other things to consider, before accusing someone of intellectual theft.  Did their reasoning align perfectly with yours?  Did they copy any of your text, verbatim?

Not accusing anyone of Intellectual Theft.
Ideas are out there in the Public arena and if I was a Sports Writer I would likely get on Boards to hear varying fan opinions and interests to help generate ideas for an Article. Having my Thread headline and their Article both start with the word "Could" made me wonder. Plus the tight end idea seemed out of step with what players/positions most everyone else was considering at the time.
No big deal to me if my Post helped influence someone into writing their own article with their own spin on the matter.
It would be interesting and cool to me if it was what happened though.
I would bet that local Sports writers, a few coaches and some players may surf a Board like this one from time to time or even Post.
It means us Board Posters may have a broader audience and chance to impact the dialogue beyond just this Board or maybe not.

Link:
Could TE O.J. Howard be target for Bengals at No. 9?

(03-21-2017, 12:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Depthchart actually works for SB and threw it on these boards to get more details for his story.  Then came back here with this smoke and mirrors garbage thread to throw us off his scent and get some poor unsuspecting souls to click on the SB article.  

WITCH!

Vas Deferens,

All will be forgiven if I could just get you to click the link below.
If enough people do it, I can buy a new Broomstick.

Could TE O.J. Howard be target for Bengals at No. 9?

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - JungleRock85 - 03-21-2017

Shocked

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - CJD - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 12:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Hobson Article is March 17 and mine is March 15.

Yea, but it probably got 10x to 100x more views.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - depthchart - 03-22-2017

(03-21-2017, 11:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, but it probably got 10x to 100x more views.

Got 7 Votes on my poll so far.
I'm gaining steam...

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - BengalsRocker - 03-22-2017

I did see an article today by Hobson about him eating a Tuna on Rye and witnessing Marvin as a hot mess... Hmm

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - masterpanthera_t - 03-22-2017

I saw that Todd McShay had mentioned Howard going #4 overall to the Jaguars on March 15, so the buzz for him seems to be national.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - BengalChris - 03-25-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:04 PM)depthchart Wrote: On 3/15/17 in NFL Draft Central I wrote a thread called "Could the Bengals 1st round plan be as simple as OJ Howard?
638 views so far and few if any people talking about Howard as an option at that time.
Today, on 3/20/17 SB Nation Cincy Jungle had the following story "Could TE OJ Howard be target for Bengals at No 9"?
It may be likely that someone writing a story for SB Nation Cincy Jungle also has interest in this Board since they are local and may have poached my prior written thread idea. If so, I'm honored. If not, I'm self absorbed.
Their story even started with the same word "Could".

Take Poll as to your take on this.

CB Nation took it from Hobspin's article: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Mock-9-features-sound-prospects/e5532e73-7e64-4dbc-8313-2ad3a5204bdf

Now maybe Mikey Brown saw your post and a light bulb went off in his head with the thought of not re-signing Eifert.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - 09ItsOurTime - 03-26-2017

We're at the point pre-draft where people start getting board and playing around with other options.

Next week will be Hooker or Adams.

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - milksheikh - 03-27-2017

The idea was on Bengals.com as well...

So....

Yeah...

RE: Did my OJ Howard idea get poached by SB Nation Cincy Jungle? - depthchart - 03-28-2017

(03-27-2017, 04:52 PM)milksheikh Wrote: The idea was on Bengals.com as well...

So....

Yeah...

Bengals.com is March 17 and mine is March 15.