Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who honestly thought.... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Who honestly thought.... (/Thread-Who-honestly-thought)

Who honestly thought.... - Tiger Teeth - 03-20-2017

........our board would last this long, and be so strong? And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible. But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Sabretooth - 03-21-2017

Not really. After the horrible conclusion of " that other place", it was hard to feel safe and secure again ( just disoriented,confused, unbelief ).
Bengalholic and others built a mansion out of the rubble, and this is truly " Home"now.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - XenoMorph - 03-22-2017

(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: ........our board would last this long, and be so strong?  And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible.  But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?

how does one measure the strength of a message board?  what message boards are you comparing it to?

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Tiger Teeth - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how does one measure the strength of a message board?  what message boards are you comparing it to?

Our members have made a total of 355,015 posts in 10,104 threads.

We currently have 1,476 members registered.

All in less than 2 years.  I'd say that's pretty solid.  I'm not comparing it to any other board, I was simply implying this board and it's strength as a community.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - xxlt - 03-22-2017

(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: ........our board would last this long, and be so strong?  And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible.  But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?

It is great but I am not surprised.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - BengalHawk62 - 03-22-2017

The only other board I frequent is a Notre Dame board......but I never post anything, I'm not even a member actually.  I just go in there to see whats going on.  Usually a lot of bitchin' and moaning. 

are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-22-2017

.....I kinda did, so long as we could get everyone back over here.  Holic gave us some very nice digs, and everyone came....well, most everyone.  When I saw the names, I had a feeling we'd be ok.  There was a pretty dog gone strong core of posters at the other place....and great posters.  Most of them are here. This is a pretty tight community. :andy:

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Awful Llama - 03-22-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The only other board I frequent is a Notre Dame board......but I never post anything, I'm not even a member actually.  I just go in there to see whats going on.  Usually a lot of bitchin' and moaning. 

are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 

I belong to another NFL board that's disorganized as hell.  I joined and then really haven't posted much. It's a pain to find anything of interest when there's a total of only three forums and no sub-forums.  You find a political rant thread right next to the "why do we choke in the playoffs" thread.  Surprisingly, no, not a Bengals board.  I like the layout of this place.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - jason - 03-22-2017

I didn't think it would last this long. There were several spinoffs of the old one, and they all eventually flopped.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Stewy - 03-22-2017

I figured the board would last once Holic stepped up, what surprised me most was how well the board is run. How well it is mod'd. How few real complaints I see.

Well done guys!

RE: Who honestly thought.... - TheLeonardLeap - 03-23-2017

Actually forgot what the new forum website was when the old forums closed, so I ended up joining The Bengals Forum (which I mistook for The Bengals Board) and it was quite lame. Eventually found the proper site and glad I did so.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Sabretooth - 03-24-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 

I visit our division foes' sites at times,when we beat em, and teams I hate when they lose. Cool
IMO this board is clearly the best, no comparison.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - magikod - 03-28-2017

This is the only Bengals message board I post on. I'm glad its doing so well after the main board went down I was worried as well.

RE: Who honestly thought.... - Rotobeast - 03-28-2017

(03-22-2017, 02:30 PM)xxlt Wrote: It is great but I am not surprised.
IKR ?
I mean.... you're here, I'm here....
Where else would people go ?
Ninja