Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals resign Gilberry - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals resign Gilberry (/Thread-Bengals-resign-Gilberry)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals resign Gilberry - milksheikh - 03-24-2017

Quote:Wallace Gilberry is re-signing with the Bengals, per source.

@AdamSchefter

Had 2.5 sacks in 5 games with Bengals in 2016-17.

Discuss.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Crowe - 03-24-2017

(03-24-2017, 03:57 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Had 2.5 sacks in 5 games with Bengals in 2016-17.

Discuss.
It's a typical Bengals move. I'm not a fan of Gilberry as he's been mediocre to bad the last few seasons. 2.5 sacks in 5 games isn't good when considering I believe 2 of those came in one game. For what's it's worth hopefully it's only for training camp as this team sorely needs new young "GOOD" pass rushers, not washed up mediocre ones.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - milksheikh - 03-24-2017

(03-24-2017, 04:04 PM)Crowe Wrote: It's a typical Bengals move. I'm not a fan of Gilberry as he's been mediocre to bad the last few seasons. 2.5 sacks in 5 games isn't good when considering I believe 2 of those came in one game. For what's it's worth hopefully it's only for training camp as this team sorely needs new young "GOOD" pass rushers, not washed up mediocre ones.

Not bad for a backup DE and he got 1.5 in one and 1 in another.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Crowe - 03-24-2017

(03-24-2017, 04:05 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Not bad for a backup DE and he got 1.5 in one and 1 in another.

I thought he played well for us for a good 2 year stretch, but then he fell off and the team needs to know when to move on from players like this. Last year we finally started seeing Hunt/Clarke play decent and then they brought Gilberry back and he immediately took snaps from them. With us getting Hardison back and hopefully drafting at least 1, hopefully 2 pass rushers, I'm hoping this is nothing more than a body for training camp.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2017

Guess i am okay with it with Hunt leaving. Draft Barnett in the 1st though if he is there.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Atomic Orange - 03-24-2017

He is our new Chris Crocker.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Au165 - 03-24-2017

We can carry 90 guys in training camp, I am not sure why anyone would get bent out of shape over this. We can figure out later if he sticks or not, but if we don't get to draft a guy we want, or if a guy gets hurt in camp it's nice to have familiar faces.

Bengals resign Gilberry - BenZoo2 - 03-24-2017

Camp fodder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - eoxyod - 03-24-2017

Can almost guarantee he won't be here after TC

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - NATI BENGALS - 03-24-2017

Thank goodness. Had no idea how we would replace the 6 sacks he has provided in the last 3 years. I was affraid we would upgrade at the DE spot.

With Winston Peerman and Gilberry locked up we have 3 of our roster spots locked up by shitty old players not good enough to start who are on the decline. Solid roster building moves by Marvin and Co.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - wolfkaosaun - 03-24-2017

Super Bowl Bound Baby

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Pat5775 - 03-24-2017

Meh.

Marvin always has his offseason mancrushes (I see someone already mentioned Chris Crocker). Not a bad move but nothing to stop and check your notifications over either.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Thundercloud - 03-24-2017

Reaction of the experts: fair to ok.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Murdock2420 - 03-24-2017

Not sure why people get upset over these types of deals for guys like Gilberry and Peerman. Every team signs 90 guys and cuts down to 53. Not too mention, who currently on this roster is losing a spot to either of those signings. If they get a good young DE in the draft, Gilberry will most likely be a free agent again. It's not like they signed him to a 4 year break the bank kind of deal that is fully guaranteed.

(03-24-2017, 05:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure why people get upset over these types of deals for guys like Gilberry and Peerman. Every team signs 90 guys and cuts down to 53. Not too mention, who currently on this roster is losing a spot to either of those signings. If they get a good young DE in the draft, Gilberry will most likely be a free agent again. It's not like they signed him to a 4 year break the bank kind of deal that is fully guaranteed.

It is still Free Agency though Murdock, i bet there is an O-lineman out there that could atleast compete here.

Gilberry wasn't going anywhere.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Luvnit2 - 03-24-2017

(03-24-2017, 03:57 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Had 2.5 sacks in 5 games with Bengals in 2016-17.

Discuss.

He fits the mold of being able to play DT or DE on passing downs so not one dimensional, knows our system and has shown a good back up for the contracts he has been given. Not all guys can be paid 8 million a year.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Murdock2420 - 03-24-2017

(03-24-2017, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is still Free Agency though Murdock, i bet there is an O-lineman out there that could atleast compete here.

Gilberry wasn't going anywhere.

There is...but that would mess with the Comp picks  Hilarious Hilarious

wait...

that's not funny, it's sad. 

On a serious note, yes there are several out there that could compete but there is no chance they will admit they made a mistake with Fisher or Ced and certainly not Bodine. These are PA's boys and he's going to shove them down our throat even if we don't like it. 

Meanwhile, Mangold is still sitting out there able to come in and compete with Bodine or at least teach the kid about the position.

(03-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is...but that would mess with the Comp picks  Hilarious Hilarious

wait...

that's not funny, it's sad. 

On a serious note, yes there are several out there that could compete but there is no chance they will admit they made a mistake with Fisher or Ced and certainly not Bodine. These are PA's boys and he's going to shove them down our throat even if we don't like it. 

Meanwhile, Mangold is still sitting out there able to come in and compete with Bodine or at least teach the kid about the position.

All true, Mangold is the guy that came to my mind as well. Atleast he wouldn't cost us a comp lol.

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - Trademark - 03-24-2017

Awesome

RE: Bengals resign Gilberry - spazz70 - 03-24-2017

Our DL went from average to really good after Gilberry came back last year...Our DL is built on rotation and he is a great guy for that rotation sliding inside and outside....People are so stuck on big names and big contracts when it is guys like this that make a team tick...There is nothing wrong with this signing even if he does not make the team especially when our first rounders seem to get hurt every year..