Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value (/Thread-Production-wise-is-Burfict-one-of-the-biggest-value)

Pages: 1 2

Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Housh - 03-27-2017

draft successes in NFL history?

Cant really remember too many undrafted defensive players impacting teams like Burfict does. If Burfict cleans up his dirty plays and somehow magically manages to never get another concussion is he in the conversation for GOAT undrafted defensive player?

This is a question for the older guys who remember any undrafted greats. In my lifetime I cant really remember a guy so good who was undrafted.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - McC - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 04:53 PM)Housh Wrote: draft successes in NFL history?

Cant really remember too many undrafted defensive players impacting teams like Burfict does. If Burfict cleans up his dirty plays and somehow magically manages to never get another concussion is he in the conversation for GOAT undrafted defensive player?

This is a question for the older guys who remember any undrafted greats. In my lifetime I cant really remember a guy so good who was undrafted.

James Harrison has had a pretty stellar career.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - OrangeLacroix - 03-27-2017

John Randle was undrafted, I think.

He rocked hard

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Bengal Dude - 03-27-2017

Rod Smith was a great WR for the Broncos.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - OrlandoBengal - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 04:54 PM)McC Wrote: James Harrison has had a pretty stellar career.

Harrison has to be in strong contention for the Hall of Fame.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - NKYRob - 03-27-2017

Doug Baldwin was an undrafted success story for the Seahawks.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Gohards - 03-27-2017

Heres the thing - people that aren't bengals fans - don't think he is that great. The biggest thing I've heard: "he is too slow"

The guy has only been voted to the top 100 players ONCE. These are his peers voting. 

Some media guys are big fans of his, but he is not recognized as "one of the best LBs" around the league. Which if you watch bengals games like us every game, you know he is AT LEAST a top 3 LB in the league 

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Hammerstripes - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 06:23 PM)Gohards Wrote: Heres the thing - people that aren't bengals fans - don't think he is that great. The biggest thing I've heard: "he is too slow"

The guy has only been voted to the top 100 players ONCE. These are his peers voting. 

Some media guys are big fans of his, but he is not recognized as "one of the best LBs" around the league. Which if you watch bengals games like us every game, you know he is AT LEAST a top 3 LB in the league 

He is not voted as one of the best because he is so frickin dirty.  Don't kid yourself, his peers don't like that.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Murdock2420 - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 06:23 PM)Gohards Wrote: Heres the thing - people that aren't bengals fans - don't think he is that great. The biggest thing I've heard: "he is too slow"

That's due to the Bengals not winning anything that matters. The Hall of Fame is really more just the Hall of popularity with good stats. Guys who have really good numbers, but never won the Super Bowl or made repeated Pro Bowls are left out while lesser talents from teams that won alot go in. 

The opinion around the league would change on Burfict if he played for New England or the Bengals win a Super Bowl or two.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - coachmcneil71 - 03-27-2017

He was the #1 rated LB going into ASU, so his success isn't much of a surprise tbh. He went undrafted because of character concerns. LaGarrette Blount went undrafted for similar reasons and he has a fist full of SB rings.

I'm not surprised by the success of either.

That said, neither of them broke a girl's face. The truly sad part is, that particular criminal will be drafted. Just goes to show the continued downward spiral of ethics in our society & this country. Utterly ridiculous when a person of sound mind and rational considers the differences in each players particular case.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Hammerstripes - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 07:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He was the #1 rated LB going into ASU, so his success isn't much of a surprise tbh. He went undrafted because of character concerns. LaGarrette Blount went undrafted for similar reasons and he has a fist full of SB rings.

I'm not surprised by the success of either.

That said, neither of them broke a girl's face. The truly sad part is, that particular criminal will be drafted. Just goes to show the continued downward spiral of ethics in our society & this country. Utterly ridiculous when a person of sound mind and rational considers the differences in each players particular case.

That and he ran a 5.09 40 at the combine.

I don't find it sad at all that Mixon will be drafted.  He made a mistake and paid the price.  He deserves to be drafted.  

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - McC - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 04:56 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: John Randle was undrafted, I think.

He rocked hard

HOFer.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - coachmcneil71 - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 07:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That and he ran a 5.09 40 at the combine.

I don't find it sad at all that Mixon will be drafted.  He made a mistake and paid the price.  He deserves to be drafted.  

Go watch that video with your Grandma, Mom,sister,wife, girlfriend, or future girlfriends. Then tell them what you just stated here.

Im sure they will be so proud & immediately agree with you.  ThumbsUp

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - motoarch - 03-27-2017

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000663921

Pretty long list of guys ahead of him.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - eoxyod - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 04:56 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: John Randle was undrafted, I think.

He rocked hard

Yeah he's the best pass rushing tackle of all time. Hard to beat that

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Housh - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 07:59 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Go watch that video with your Grandma, Mom,sister,wife, girlfriend, or future girlfriends. Then tell them what you just stated here.

Not aimed at you because clearly you didn't go this far, but I had a conversation about Mixon with my fiancé and we agreed dude did his dirt and faced the consequences. We should never FORGET what he did but its time to get over it.

Mixon and cases like it really bring out the hypocrisy in the world. The kid did some stupid shit and got a punishment. Now I don't give a damn if people think the punishment was enough or not, he was given a punishment and he served it. He fulfilled his legal duties. So what else do people want? Do people want him to never have another shot at success again in his entire life? Should he spend every single day of his life telling that girl sorry? Should he give his game checks to charities? Should he decline the draft invite and live on the street when he is totally capable and desired by teams.

Like what he did was messed up. But I cant stand it when people talk like he deserves death for one mistake. Yeah I saw the video, he knocked her TF out. That's the mistake of his life. But are we all going to sit here and act like we've NEVER done something comparable and maybe didn't get caught? Him getting drafted is not a REWARD. Its a natural progression of events that occurs when you give your body to football for so many years.

RE: Production wise is Burfict one of the biggest value - Jpoore - 03-27-2017

(03-27-2017, 07:59 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Go watch that video with your Grandma, Mom,sister,wife, girlfriend, or future girlfriends. Then tell them what you just stated here.

I actually showed this to my wife, sister and mom. They all said it was her fault, which is what i reiterated here on multiple occasions. Women cannot eant full equality, then want inequality when it comes to this.

(03-27-2017, 10:36 PM)Housh Wrote: Not aimed at you because clearly you didn't go this far, but I had a conversation about Mixon with my fiancé and we agreed dude did his dirt and faced the consequences. We should never FORGET what he did but its time to get over it.

Mixon and cases like it really bring out the hypocrisy in the world. The kid did some stupid shit and got a punishment. Now I don't give a damn if people think the punishment was enough or not, he was given a punishment and he served it. He fulfilled his legal duties. So what else do people want? Do people want him to never have another shot at success again in his entire life? Should he spend every single day of his life telling that girl sorry? Should he give his game checks to charities? Should he decline the draft invite and live on the street when he is totally capable and desired by teams.

Like what he did was messed up. But I cant stand it when people talk like he deserves death for one mistake. Yeah I saw the video, he knocked her TF out. That's the mistake of his life. But are we all going to sit here and act like we've NEVER done something comparable and maybe didn't get caught? Him getting drafted is not a REWARD. Its a natural progression of events that occurs when you give your body to football for so many years.

First of all, he looks great on tape! I also agree that he deserves a shot, but as an UDFA. He needs to earn trust.

I don't want him in Cincy plain and simple. We are the laughingstock of the country when it comes to accumulating thugs. I live a 1000 miles away from Cincy, but in an area that attracts thousands if not millions of tourists every year. I interact with people from all across the country & from all walks of life. The vast majority immediately bring up this point when I admit that I am a Bengals fan. That's just the truth!

We all understand why MB & Merv bring them here, but that doesn't mean all of us fans have to agree with this philosophy. One need look no further than the playoff debacle of 2015 to understand why these types of decision's aren't necessarily the best for any team. Seeing as how the Bengals are habitual offenders, it makes it even more unsavory.

There are plenty of other talented backs in this draft. Considering the history here, he shouldn't even be on their board. I hope the kid lives a happy life filled with success, just as long as he doesn't hit anymore women. That said, I don't think that will be the case. Actions speak much louder than words. 

Don't want him. Don't need him, especially in Cincinnati. Obviously, that's just my opinion. If he ends up on this team, he damned sure better be a model citizen while in stripes.

(03-27-2017, 10:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I actually showed this to my wife, sister and mom. They all said it was her fault, which is what i reiterated here on multiple occasions. Women cannot eant full equality, then want inequality when it comes to this.

If this is true, it explains a lot. Good luck with that line of thinking & living. Don't worry,they have internet privileges in jail.

I guess as a Christian I've always believed that people deserve a 2nd chance and my wife and my family feel the same way.

I try to look at it from a different perspective - what if that was my son that hit her?  Would I want a second chance for him?

What if it was my daughter that got hit?  Would I want him to have a 2nd chance?

The answer to both of those is yes - provided he truly feels sorry for what he did.