Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires (/Thread-CNN-tries-to-push-narrative-to-make-Trump-look-bad-and-it-backfires)

Pages: 1 2 3

CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Matt_Crimson - 04-08-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANirLrquaI8

This man defends Trump's actions and even says on national tv that Syrian refugees don't want to come to the US and that they want to stay in their own country, something I've said before but got laughed at. Obviously he doesn't speak for every refugee, but he obviously isn't the only individual who holds this viewpoint either.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - HarleyDog - 04-08-2017

Thanks for sharing. Not only did he make CNN look bad, but also Ho-llery Bitchton as well. She's nothing but a stain.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Belsnickel - 04-08-2017

I don't think anyone would dispute that people displaced from their homes would rather have stayed there. The issue at hand is whether it is our place to get involved in that. Trump's campaign was one run on not getting involved militarily. He said Obama shouldn't get involved militarily. We've tried arming those fighting against Assad, but because Congress did not approve military action against Assad's regime when Obama asked for the permission to do so our options were limited. Assad was not, and it could be argued is not, a security threat for us and so Congressional approval is needed for that action.

I don't like Assad and have been shouting against him for some time, even when people on this board who are now applauding our actions were saying we should be siding with him because he was the enemy of our enemy. I just don't support military action in that civil war because I don't want another Vietnam.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - bfine32 - 04-08-2017

My choice has always been to establish safe zones in their own country. WTS, it would take an international coalition.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - TheLeonardLeap - 04-08-2017

Shit. These are the times when my heart and brain are at war with each other.

My brain says.. the hell are we doing in Syria? Or Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or anywhere, for that matter. Bring everyone home except for the bare minimum we need to fulfill our current deals with allies and take all that money spent helping/fighting other people and help America/Americans.

Then my heart hears that guys plea and hears how many people are being killed by both traditional and chemical weapons and I think we should do something to help.

Then my brain again says that we have a freaking awful track record with regime changes. So I guess I am fine with blowing up their chemical weapons and airfields, but damn I hope that's the end of it. No business with boots on the ground in Syria.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - NATI BENGALS - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANirLrquaI8

This man defends Trump's actions and even says on national tv that Syrian refugees don't want to come to the US and that they want to stay in their own country, something I've said before but got laughed at. Obviously he doesn't speak for every refugee, but he obviously isn't the only individual who holds this viewpoint either.

Sure there are some that feel that way. But there is something like 5+ million Syrian refugees since this shit show started. One guy saying they want to stay doesnt change the fact millions have fled. 

A brutal dictator murdering civilians and using chemical weapons on one side of the street and radical religious freaks beheading people and taking sex slaves on the other side. Most people who can are running as fast as possible away from that.

Obviously any opponents of Assad would cheer his forces being bombed.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - NATI BENGALS - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My choice has always been to establish safe zones in their own country. WTS, it would take an international coalition.

How does that work? Paint a giant bullseye around an area?

Sounds like a set up for the early years of OIF. Every other day car bombs and suicide bombers in the markets. 

(04-08-2017, 06:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shit. These are the times when my heart and brain are at war with each other.

My brain says.. the hell are we doing in Syria? Or Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or anywhere, for that matter. Bring everyone home except for the bare minimum we need to fulfill our current deals with allies and take all that money spent helping/fighting other people and help America/Americans.

Then my heart hears that guys plea and hears how many people are being killed by both traditional and chemical weapons and I think we should do something to help.

Then my brain again says that we have a freaking awful track record with regime changes. So I guess I am fine with blowing up their chemical weapons and airfields, but damn I hope that's the end of it. No business with boots on the ground in Syria.

That whole "when good men do nothing" business is true.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Matt_Crimson - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure there are some that feel that way. But there is something like 5+ million Syrian refugees since this shit show started. One guy saying they want to stay doesnt change the fact millions have fled. 

A brutal dictator murdering civilians and using chemical weapons on one side of the street and radical religious freaks beheading people and taking sex slaves on the other side. Most people who can are running as fast as possible away from that.

Obviously any opponents of Assad would cheer his forces being bombed.

You're right, one guy saying it doesn't mean they all think the same way, as I already stated. Likewise, just because millions have fled doesn't mean they all actually want to be in the US either.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - TheLeonardLeap - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:32 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That whole "when good men do nothing" business is true.

Sure, except when there's only one good man running around trying to help the entire world on his own and it ends up killing him. Then his children become homeless and starve to death because he's no longer there to support them.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Dill - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My brain says.. the hell are we doing in Syria? Or Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or anywhere, for that matter. Bring everyone home except for the bare minimum we need to fulfill our current deals with allies and take all that money spent helping/fighting other people and help America/Americans.

Broken states fester. Then groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS take root in them.

It is not in the US interest to let them fester.

Fixing broken states would help Americans.

But Americans must elect people who want to do that and know how,

and stop electing people who just want to break states and then say "screw nation building."

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Dill - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 04:18 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANirLrquaI8

Wait, what "backfired" here?

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - GMDino - 04-08-2017

Would this also "backfire" on people who think all the men are fleeing to be wannabe terrorists hiding behind being a refugee?

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - treee - 04-08-2017

So what's the over/under on how long until Syria becomes Iraq 2.0?

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Belsnickel - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Shit. These are the times when my heart and brain are at war with each other.

That is what I, as a pacifist deal with all the damn time.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - Matt_Crimson - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 07:29 PM)Dill Wrote: Wait, what "backfired" here?

What do you mean "What backfired"? They were clearly trying to coerce him into criticizing Trump on the travel ban. You can even tell by the tactical way she set up the question and included the video of Clinton criticizing Trump. But then he turns it back around on her and basically says "Whoa, whoa, whoa, where were you guys and Obama when etc....". They clearly wanted him to quickly sound off on how he was displeased with Trump's travel ban after he praised him for the missile strikes. That's the only reason she even asked the question in the first place, otherwise they would've avoided it altogether. Instead she asked the question and then sat there with a blank look on her face without the smallest hint of a rebuttal other than "I understand".

And hey I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets say they weren't trying to coerce him. Regardless, they certainly did not expect him to attack their show and Obama in his answer. That's what backfired.

(04-08-2017, 05:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't think anyone would dispute that people displaced from their homes would rather have stayed there. The issue at hand is whether it is our place to get involved in that. Trump's campaign was one run on not getting involved militarily. He said Obama shouldn't get involved militarily. We've tried arming those fighting against Assad, but because Congress did not approve military action against Assad's regime when Obama asked for the permission to do so our options were limited. Assad was not, and it could be argued is not, a security threat for us and so Congressional approval is needed for that action.

I don't like Assad and have been shouting against him for some time, even when people on this board who are now applauding our actions were saying we should be siding with him because he was the enemy of our enemy. I just don't support military action in that civil war because I don't want another Vietnam.

Out of curiosity, when do you feel it is America's place to get involved in foriegn conflicts like Syria.

(04-08-2017, 09:53 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Out of curiosity, when do you feel it is America's place to get involved in foriegn conflicts like Syria.

Getting involved is different than getting involved militarily. I only support military action when we are attacked.

RE: CNN tries to push narrative to make Trump look bad and it backfires - GMDino - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:27 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What do you mean "What backfired"? They were clearly trying to coerce him into criticizing Trump on the travel ban. You can even tell by the tactical way she set up the question and included the video of Clinton criticizing Trump. But then he turns it back around on her and basically says "Whoa, whoa, whoa, where were you guys and Obama when etc....". They clearly wanted him to quickly sound off on how he was displeased with Trump's travel ban after he praised him for the missile strikes. That's the only reason she even asked the question in the first place, otherwise they would've avoided it altogether. Instead she asked the question and then sat there with a blank look on her face without the smallest hint of a rebuttal other than "I understand".

And hey I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Lets say they weren't trying to coerce him. Regardless, they certainly did not expect him to attack their show and Obama in his answer. That's what backfired.

Cool

(04-08-2017, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

I see that didn't take long.