Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Quoting help - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: News, Help & Feedback (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-News-Help-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Quoting help (/Thread-Quoting-help)

Quoting help - Matt_Crimson - 04-19-2017

I don't know if there's information about this on the board but I was wondering what the easiest way was to quote a really long post by someone but break the paragraphs up into multiple "quotes" to respond to each point without having to do meticulous work? I'm assuming it's really easy but I don't know how to do it.

RE: Quoting help - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-19-2017

This isn't too hard.

Start every paragraph except the last one with a double quote at the beginning and no double quote at the end. The last paragraph begins and ends with a double quote.

RE: Quoting help - Benton - 04-19-2017

(04-19-2017, 09:16 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't know if there's information about this on the board but I was wondering what the easiest way was to quote a really long post by someone but break the paragraphs up into multiple "quotes" to respond to each point without having to do meticulous work? 

I copy the post, highlight and cut out the parts I want to address separately. Then hit the "quote" button and paste in the part I want to address next.

Quote:I'm assuming it's really easy but I don't know how to do it.

Like this.

RE: Quoting help - Matt_Crimson - 04-20-2017

Okay thanks. Is there a way to keep the persons name in the quote as well?  Because sometimes I like to address multiple people in one post but only the first quote will say "Benton wrote" or "Fan in Kettering wrote" but then all other posts in the quote chain will just say "Quote" but have no indication as to who the quote is from. I just like it for consistency and for clear indication who I'm addressing.

RE: Quoting help - bfine32 - 04-20-2017

I make up what I want folks to say then quote it.

RE: Quoting help - Matt_Crimson - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I make up what I want folks to say then quote it.

Why didn't I think of that.

RE: Quoting help - Benton - 04-21-2017

(04-20-2017, 09:01 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Okay thanks. Is there a way to keep the persons name in the quote as well?  

Yes. Just do the same as above, but type the poster's name, then bold it.

Quote:Matt_Crimson
Because sometimes I like to address multiple people in one post but only the first quote will say "Benton wrote" or "Fan in Kettering wrote" but then all other posts in the quote chain will just say "Quote" but have no indication as to who the quote is from. I just like it for consistency and for clear indication who I'm addressing.
 Like this. Or....

Quote:Matt_Crimson
Or do the same and just make up where you want them to say they like dressing up like farm animals.

RE: Quoting help - Matt_Crimson - 04-22-2017

(04-21-2017, 12:07 AM)Benton Wrote: Yes. Just do the same as above, but type the poster's name, then bold it.

Like this. Or....

Okay let me try.
Quote:Benton
Matt_Crimson is a pretty awesome dude.

Okay, I got it now. Thanks!

RE: Quoting help - Millhouse - 04-23-2017

(04-19-2017, 09:16 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I don't know if there's information about this on the board but I was wondering what the easiest way was to quote a really long post by someone but break the paragraphs up into multiple "quotes" to respond to each point without having to do meticulous work?

Quote:I'm assuming it's really easy but I don't know how to do it.

Another way is to to click the 'View source' to the right above when in full reply mode. And then you can go in and manually add [quote ] & 
[/quote ] where needed. (there isnt a space in the bracket, had to do that so it wouldnt quote it).