Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dont forget our OLINE still blows (/Thread-Dont-forget-our-OLINE-still-blows)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Alleyviper13 - 04-25-2017

We can pick anyone in the draft....our Oline is still gonna be absolutely horrible.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Alleyviper13 - 04-25-2017

[Image: vs9AG.gif]

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - GreenCornBengal - 04-25-2017

Nah we got rid of that Whitworth bum. Much better now.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - The Real Deal - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 12:22 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: We can pick anyone in the draft....our Oline is still gonna be absolutely horrible.

I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - PikesPeakUC - 04-25-2017

I say draft 11 offensive linemen. We could have 3 different offensive lines to plug in there.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Nately120 - 04-25-2017

It's the off-season and I realize we are demoralized after a 6-win effort BUT I assure you after the draft at least someone is going to point out that our offense is going to be so loaded that it is going to give opposing DC's NIGHTMARES!!!!

Bonus points if one of the key pieces who is going to blow the whole thing wide open is some UDFA WR who ends up never catching a pass in the NFL. I have the "2018 GOLDEN BINNS AWARD" ready!

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Luvnit2 - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 12:22 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: We can pick anyone in the draft....our Oline is still gonna be absolutely horrible.

This time a year ago I thought our OL would be awesome and they stunk so maybe I was a year off...LOL

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - OrlandoBengal - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 12:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's the off-season and I realize we are demoralized after a 6-win effort BUT I assure you after the draft at least someone is going to point out that our offense is going to be so loaded that it is going to give opposing DC's NIGHTMARES!!!!

Bonus points if one of the key pieces who is going to blow the whole thing wide open is some UDFA WR who ends up never catching a pass in the NFL.  I have the "2018 GOLDEN BINNS AWARD" ready!

Don't forget about the "totally unblockable" guy from West Out of Nowhere State Community College.  He will have played one year of college football, but will be 6'6" and weigh 295 pounds.  He will instantly draw comparisons to J.J. Watt, the difference being that this guy is much quicker and has better "instincts".  "No doubt", he'll be All Pro by the end of the 2018 season... that is until he fails to make the roster Ninja

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - HarleyDog - 04-25-2017

Looks good to me.

[Image: KXjaJ13.jpg]

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - SHRacerX - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 07:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks good to me.

Spit coffee everywhere...thanks.  LMAO!

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - SHRacerX - 04-25-2017

Rather than pile on, I will add this: If you actually go position by position, the line should be better in every spot except LT. I realize that is a big exception, but look down the line:

LG: Boling, played most of last season with a tear in his shoulder. TJ Johnson backup.
C: Bodine, actually had his best season and should be better. TJ Johnson backup.
RG: Andre Smith, big, strong RG like Bobbie Williams. No more finesse. Power. Westerman backup.
RT: Jake Fisher. Played decent once he was given this spot. Should be much better in year 2 at the position and with an entire camp and preseason preparing for the spot.

LT is the big "what if". That is why I hope the Bengals are able to slide in Rd 1, draft Ross, and then trade back in to Rd 1 and get Robinson. They could use the 2nd rounder acquired by sliding in Rd 1 and a 4th round pick to trade back in to Rd 1. He would compete with Ced at LT. If Ced somehow beats him at LT, he becomes the heir apparent at RG and probably starts there. He has the tools to be an All-Pro RG, but I would imagine he would win the job at LT. And you would have your LT for what amounts to peanuts for five years under contract.

Draft Elflein after that and you have an offensive line with more power at the LT, C, RT, and RG position than you had at the start of last season. I don't know about all of you, but I got really sick of watching this team struggle to gain one yard at the goal line or short yardage.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Sled21 - 04-25-2017

Maybe... We still have Bodine, Boling and big Andre inside (and I think Dre will make a great guard), so the questions are Fisher and Ced. I believe Fish will be ok, and I'm willing to give Ced a chance on the left side with a full off season of work before I write him off. Granted, I really hate what he has shown so far, but I'm willing to give him the first couple of games before I totally write him off again....

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - fredtoast - 04-25-2017

Don't worry.  Alexander will fix it.

We probably won't have one of the best lines in the league, but it will be in the top half of the league.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Au165 - 04-25-2017

If they run block the majority of the time they will be fine. It is tougher to set up in pass protection than to fire off the ball. We did it Dalton's rookie year and we need to do it early in this season until we figure it out. Along with the using bootlegs and waggles will get Dalton moving and buy him more time, plus it has the added benefit of easy throws. You can scheme us better protection with the line we have, but we can't setup in shotgun 30 times a game and throw it and expect Dalton to survive.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - ochocincos - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 07:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks good to me.

The banana made me think of Mario Kart...now I want to play Mario Kart...

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - THE PISTONS - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 08:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't worry.  Alexander will fix it.

We probably won't have one of the best lines in the league, but it will be in the top half of the league.

My major hope is that...maybe with all the changes we'll be able to run the ball.

I mean even with Whitworth and Zeitler...we couldn't run the ball for a good ypc average.

That said...there is going to be dropoff from Whitworth to Fisher. Probably from Zeitler to Smith too...and that's IF Smith can stay healthy.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - rezolve11 - 04-25-2017

Yes, our OLINE from last year did blow. New line. The jury is still out.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - XenoMorph - 04-25-2017

We don't know how the OL will do I haven't seen them play a game yet this year.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - BengalHawk62 - 04-25-2017

we need to draft a lineman in the draft.  at least one, if not two.  especially with 11 draft picks, we can afford to pick up a couple linemen.

RE: Dont forget our OLINE still blows - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-25-2017

Too early to tell, losing Whit hurt, we all know that but it might of hurt us more if he stayed and fell off.

Our season really hinges on how much Ogbuehi and Fisher improve. Bodine i have no hope for, he will be a weakness
but he is an experienced weakness and we still can draft his successor in a few days. Boling should be healthy unlike
last year and Andre should be an upgrade in the run game over Zeitler.

Fisher staying at one spot will help, Og getting an entire Offseason to work will help.