Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll (/Thread-Are-you-happy-with-the-John-Ross-Pick-Poll)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - 09ItsOurTime - 04-27-2017

Are you happy with the John Ross pick?

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Socal Bengals fan - 04-27-2017

Jk. Rather have Allen or Barnette

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2017

Very happy. Go back to SoCal where this guy murdered Adoree Jackson SoCal.

John Ross is an amazing talent all over the board with great routes, hands, greatest speed ever, set ups, shit, the dude be The Flash.

Call it.

I am a little drunk but would of loved the pick before and really love it now. Mellow

Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - BenZoo2 - 04-28-2017

I see the reasons for the pick. I just hope the medical hold up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - BFritz21 - 04-28-2017

NO!

He's fast, congrats, but Howard was still on the board! Ross is fast, ok, he'll be tough to cover deep, but that's a one-trick-pony. Howard could have made plays all over the field and occupied safeties deep just as well because you're not covering him one-on-one, especially not with a linebacker.

Cry

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Big Boss - 04-28-2017

Cautiously happy.

This team has had bad luck with their injured first rounders missing their rookie seasons. Hopefully Ross breaks the trend.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - JumboTron - 04-28-2017

Don't love it. Don't hate it. That's all I can say about the pick at this point.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - jmccracky - 04-28-2017

(04-27-2017, 11:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very happy. Go back to SoCal where this guy murdered Adoree Jackson SoCal.

John Ross is an amazing talent all over the board with great routes, hands, greatest speed ever, set ups, shit, the dude be The Flash.

Call it.

I am a little drunk but would of loved the pick before and really love it now. Mellow

It is so weird that you and I could never agree on politics back in the day, it when it comes to the Bengals, you are my doppelgänger, lol. I don't post much in Jungle Noise because I see your posts and think "Damnit, I was gonna say that!". We both were about Billings last year, and I agree with you on the Ross pick.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - CJD - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: NO!  

He's fast, congrats, but Howard was still on the board!  Ross is fast, ok, he'll be tough to cover deep, but that's a one-trick-pony.  Howard could have made plays all over the field and occupied safeties deep just as well because you're not covering him one-on-one, especially not with a linebacker.

Cry

If you think Ross is a 1 trick pony, I would suggest watching him play in any game this year.

He does it all. Long routes, short routes, tricky routes, run plays, quick slants, outs, curls.

He's not a speed freak. He's a great receiver who just so happens to be record breakingly fast.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Burma - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think Ross is a 1 trick pony, I would suggest watching him play in any game this year.

He does it all. Long routes, short routes, tricky routes, run plays, quick slants, outs, curls.

He's not a speed freak. He's a great receiver who just so happens to be record breakingly fast.

Watch his biggest game of the year versus Alabama.  

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:02 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Don't love it.  Don't hate it.  That's all I can say about the pick at this point.

That's me....if he can stay on the field....we may have something here.  On the other hand....we were 6-10...we need help NOW.  If he can't see the field week 1...I'll be pissed about ANOTHER injury question mark in Rd 1.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:03 AM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: It is so weird that you and I could never agree on politics back in the day,  it when it comes to the Bengals, you are my doppelgänger, lol. I don't post much in Jungle Noise because I see your posts and think "Damnit, I was gonna say that!". We both were about Billings last year, and I agree with you on the Ross pick.

Holy shit. Just saw you were JmcCracky. Always liked you even if we disagreed in PNR. Very rare.

You know your football bud. :andy:

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Beaker - 04-28-2017

I have warmed to it since I have seen the other players who we were told were good fall way down the first round.

You cant coach speed.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - samhain - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you think Ross is a 1 trick pony, I would suggest watching him play in any game this year.

Agree.  Even if he was a one-trick pony, that's the kind of receiver that can do real damage as a second or third option.  He's a true deep threat that will thrive opposite AJ.  

With LaFell able to make tough catches over the middle and Boyd in the slot, and of course the all-around greatness of Green, this team now has a true position of strength.  

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - fozzie11 - 04-28-2017

Yes but would of rather had hooker

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - CJD - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:06 AM)Burma Wrote: Watch his biggest game of the year versus Alabama.  

He'll have to learn how to deal with press coverage, for sure.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-28-2017

He has impressed me every game i watched...

(04-28-2017, 12:06 AM)Burma Wrote: Watch his biggest game of the year versus Alabama.  

Tough game here though, but you have to consider the press coverage and his QB man, Dalton is light years better than that dude.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - jmccracky - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:08 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holy shit. Just saw you were JmcCracky. Always liked you even if we disagreed in PNR. Very rare.

You know your football bud. :andy:

I am not as liberal as I used to be and only read that forum nowadays. But we also have always had guitar and horror movies, lol! Politics suck. I don't trust any of them anymore haha.

But yeah man, I am really happy with the Ross pick. Can't wait for him, Green, Eifert, Boyd, Core, LaFell, and a sprinkling of Erickson, to be on the field together this year. We are set in the recieving area for a long time imo. Watching the highlights of this kid, Ross, has made me a believer. He is a player, not some fast dude they are taking a risk on. And with his combine 40......his knees are fine.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - J24 - 04-28-2017

He reminds me of Torrey Smith not great but good. Top 10 picks should be great not good though and I feel like Allen would have given us a generation type player at the 3 technique.

RE: Are you happy with the John Ross Pick Poll - Westwood Bengal - 04-28-2017

The longer I sit with this pick, the more comfortable I am with it.