Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gary Barnidge - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Gary Barnidge (/Thread-Gary-Barnidge--11015)

Pages: 1 2

Gary Barnidge - PikesPeakUC - 04-28-2017

After the Browns drafted Njoku, they'll be cutting Gary Barndige. I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look. He's a solid receiver and would provide depth if we don't want to draft a tight end.

RE: Gary Barnidge - eoxyod - 04-28-2017

Yes yes yes yes yes please

RE: Gary Barnidge - XenoMorph - 04-28-2017

Do it now send the browns a 7th for him if they are just gonna cut him.

RE: Gary Barnidge - ochocincos - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 03:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Do it now  send the browns a 7th for him if they are just gonna cut him.

Cut already happened

RE: Gary Barnidge - magikod - 04-28-2017

I'd at least take a look at him.

RE: Gary Barnidge - XenoMorph - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cut already happened

that's fine I just notice he probly has a decent size cap hit with that extenstion he signed before last season.

But pick him up.   or at least talk to him cause that would be great to have with or behind eifert  

RE: Gary Barnidge - PikesPeakUC - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's fine I just notice he probly has a decent size cap hit with that extenstion he signed before last season.

But pick him up.   or at least talk to him cause that would be great to have with or behind eifert  

Luckily we wouldn't be on the hook for it, and he's a Mike Brown special, no comp pick attached. 

I would imagine that Barnidge would like to play his former team, that deemed him as too old and not good enough anymore, twice a year. 

RE: Gary Barnidge - TKUHL - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 06:09 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Luckily we wouldn't be on the hook for it, and he's a Mike Brown special, no comp pick attached. 

I would imagine that Barnidge would like to play his former team, that deemed him as too old and not good enough anymore, twice a year. 

I would have him on a plane already.

RE: Gary Barnidge - TKUHL - 04-28-2017

It's things like this that drive me nuts. What's wrong with bringing this guy in to have a look. Same with Mangold. What's it going to hurt. This TE is probably better than the ones left in this draft.

RE: Gary Barnidge - TheLeonardLeap - 04-28-2017

He'd instantly be the 2nd best TE on the team.

He's also only missed 4 games over the last 8 years.

RE: Gary Barnidge - Tiger Teeth - 04-28-2017

I would bring him for a look! :andy:

RE: Gary Barnidge - TKUHL - 04-30-2017

Bet Pitt grabs him.

RE: Gary Barnidge - XenoMorph - 05-01-2017

I was wondering if maybe he was hurt... but saw him body slam someone on impact wrestling Thursday

@1:34

RE: Gary Barnidge - Fan_in_Kettering - 05-03-2017

(04-28-2017, 07:27 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It's things like this that drive me nuts. What's wrong with bringing this guy in to have a look. Same with Mangold. What's it going to hurt. This TE is probably better than the ones left in this draft.

You're thinking like me! I would love to see Nick Mangold come to Cincinnati even just for an interview and Gary Barnidge is a productive member of an unproductive offense in Cleveland.

RE: Gary Barnidge - Bengalsrob - 05-03-2017

Barnidge headed to Buffalo today I believe. Really think the Bengals should have a look at him at the very least.

RE: Gary Barnidge - XenoMorph - 05-03-2017

(05-03-2017, 09:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You're thinking like me!  I would love to see Nick Mangold come to Cincinnati even just for an interview and Gary Barnidge is a productive member of an unproductive offense in Cleveland.

For all we know we did reach out... but hes checking out buffalo first.   ill continue to hope till he signs elsewhere.

Realistically we probly wouldn't offer him a bunch of money with Big E due for an extenstion

RE: Gary Barnidge - Housh - 05-03-2017

Id be down

RE: Gary Barnidge - magikod - 05-08-2017

I would be okay with signing him for a cheap 1 year deal.

RE: Gary Barnidge - Lawless_1 - 05-14-2017

I'd think he will look at all options where he can be the starter. That option is not here. Tyler Eifert is miles better and his upgrade from CJ Uzomah is negligible.

RE: Gary Barnidge - SunsetBengal - 05-14-2017

(05-14-2017, 05:17 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd think he will look at all options where he can be the starter. That option is not here. Tyler Eifert is miles better and his upgrade from CJ Uzomah is negligible.

You really only think that with all of his experience, Barnidge would only be slightly better than Uzomah?  I'm going to have to disagree with you.  Uzomah may have better physical tools to work with, but Barnidge is a polished player who both knows how to get open, and catches the ball well.  He would be an ideal pickup to step in, should Eifert continue to struggle with injuries.