Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Mixon is a Bengal (/Thread-Joe-Mixon-is-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:22 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: main-qimg-80b1f0c6819a46b4700d68743fe9f977-c]

Yeah, that is why i don't go to the "could of had Whit threads". Geez

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - The Real Deal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So I guess West Mamoth is retiring from the boards then?

Yes please

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Gamma Ray Tan - 04-29-2017

People can be redeemed. He has no strikes to give. Mr Mixon, I hope you truly grasp the gift you've been given and live your life accordingly. Don't let us down. Now go win us a Super Bowl

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - WeezyBengal - 04-29-2017

(04-28-2017, 11:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So when Pittsburgh continually beats us with a rapist and multiple drug offender, are you happy because we only have choirboys, or do you want good football players??? Basically, that's what this comes down to. I wouldn't let Mixon within 100 yds of my daughter, but I can watch him run for 1300 yds for this team and be happy.... (and be even happier because 2 yd Jeremy is on the bench)

There's a lot more that goes into it than pure physicality and football ability. There's composure, character, and leadership. Look at what happened to Pacman when the Bengals played the Steelers in the playoffs a couple years ago. 

The point with Mixon isn't that he punched a female, it's that the Bengals continue to put up with guys that have off the field issues and continue to give guys second chances and continue to get burned by them. It's just so typical and such a joke anymore. It's the Bengals way. No wonder we have the longest playoff win draught in the NFL and haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. 

Continue to defend it though...

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Bengalbug - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:17 AM)Striped4war Wrote: Last I checked 18 was a grown man.Yall can say he made a horrible mistake all you want because it's true but stop saying he was a kid.

Lol, go to any college and hang around a group of freshman. You will not call 99% of them men.

(04-29-2017, 12:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Apparently him and OrlandoBengal.  Outta' here.

I mean after 20 years of putting up with a lot of crap I just find it hilarious that THIS is the straw that broke the camel's back....

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - ochocincos - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a lot more that goes into it than pure physicality and football ability. There's composure, character, and leadership. Look at what happened to Pacman when the Bengals played the Steelers in the playoffs a couple years ago. 

The point with Mixon isn't that he punched a female, it's that the Bengals continue to put up with guys that have off the field issues and continue to give guys second chances and continue to get burned by them. It's just so typical and such a joke anymore. It's the Bengals way. No wonder we have the longest playoff win draught in the NFL and haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. 

You know, there are people that have done (really) bad things at some point in their past and have gone on to learn from it and become leaders. At this point, Mixon did what he did. He's trying to move on. Amelia Molitor is also trying to move on. Everyone else should move on too.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - tlotharw - 04-29-2017

(04-28-2017, 11:48 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The parking thing is nothing.  Did he punch the attendant?   No.  He had an argument.    Here's the statement from the woman he punched 3 or 4 years ago.  She believes he can move forward.  I choose to take her word for it.

“Joe and I were able to meet privately, without any attorneys, and talk about our experiences since that night. I am encouraged that we will both be able to move forward from here with our lives," Molitor said. “From our private discussions I am satisfied that we are going to put this behind us and work towards helping others who may have found themselves in similar circumstances. I greatly appreciate his apology and I think the feelings he expressed were sincere. We both could have handled things differently. I believe if we had a chance to go back to that moment in time, the situation would not have ended the way it did.”

Love means never having to say you're sorry for remaking a woman's face with a punch.  Especially if they play on your favorite team.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - BonnieBengal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: People can be redeemed. He has no strikes to give. Mr Mixon, I hope you truly grasp the gift you've been given and live your life accordingly. Don't let us down. Now go win us a Super Bowl

This right here!

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

I'll just say what I did in the draft thread, a fair portion of this board will just say im just showing 'fake outrage', or that im on my high horse peering down at others.

I fully excercise my right to have an opinion on this guy, and I fully excercise my right to not like a man who beats up a woman. Whether it was 40 years ago, or 4 hours ago. I think itsa sign of a disgusting human being.

With that said, is that my forever opinion of somebody? No. Forgive, but not forget is my mantra on this one. If he lives a completely clean life outside of that one incident (since it doesnt appear she has lasting damage, if she did my opinion wouldn't be forgiving) then I don't think it's fair for everything to come back to that one incident. It does seem like he has reformed himself, and I truly hope so.

I'm not going to passionately get behind this guy, I think there are people much more deserving of the riches he'll come into in the next few years. However, I hope he does well and continues to be a better person. What he did has happened and I am not willing to just forget it and let it slide completely, but you can't change the past either and all he can do is be a good person from now on. If he does that, then great.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - milksheikh - 04-29-2017

Instead of talking about this man's past (Like everyone else has been)... why not talk about the future?

Like what do you guys expect him to do and do you guys expect him to take the starting job anytime soon?

(04-29-2017, 12:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, there are people that have done (really) bad things at some point in their past and have gone on to learn from it and become leaders. At this point, Mixon did what he did. He's trying to move on. Amelia Molitor is also trying to move on. Everyone else should move on too.

Yeah, he can move on, ide rather just have him move on with someone other than the team I cheer for. 

Some of you might find this article interesting...
It's about how in today's society, adulthood really isn't reached until about the age of 25.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11413884/True-adulthood-doesnt-begin-until-age-25.html

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Striped4war - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:25 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol, go to any college and hang around a group of freshman. You will not call 99% of them men.

Go to any state,,,I guarantee you they get in trouble with the law and 100% of them will say they are

(04-29-2017, 12:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, he can move on, ide rather just have him move on with someone other than the team I cheer for. 

Well he's a Bengal for (at least) four years unless something bad happens. So wish in one hand...you know the rest.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Whatever - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a lot more that goes into it than pure physicality and football ability. There's composure, character, and leadership. Look at what happened to Pacman when the Bengals played the Steelers in the playoffs a couple years ago. 

Every team gambles on talented players with character issues.  Even the Pats have guys like Blount and Hernandez in their history.  

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Atomic Orange - 04-29-2017

The Bengals are 5 and 14 in PO games. 7 of those are on Marvin's watch. That leaves another 7 losses. I wish someone would dig into our all time PT record. I'm sure it sucks without Marvin as well. Hell, i don't think we even had a PT game during the 90's. Maybe 1 or 2 in the early part. Where are the stat kings?

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:35 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The Bengals are 5 and 14 in PO games. 7 of those are on Marvin's watch. That leaves another 7 losses. I wish someone would dig into our all time PT record. I'm sure it sucks without Marvin as well. Hell, i don't think we even had a PT game during the 90's. Maybe 1 or 2 in the early part. Where are the stat kings?

Aside from one.....1991.....they all came in the Super Bowl years.  Then Classy Mike promptly fired our last playoff winner.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Bengalbug - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:30 AM)Striped4war Wrote: Go to any state,,,I guarantee you they get in trouble with the law and 100% of them will say they are

Yep you can get tried as an adult for crime and you can serve your country at 18 but can't gamble, drink, rent a car, and often times a hotel room.  You likely will not be approved to buy a house or a car. The mental capacity of an 18 year old is still that of a kid as they have not had any real life experiences.  

I hope when you have kids, iF you don't already,  that you don't expect fully functional adults at 18.  If so I feel pain for them already.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - TheCincinnatiKid - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 12:29 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Instead of talking about this man's past (Like everyone else has been)... why not talk about the future?

Like what do you guys expect him to do and do you guys expect him to take the starting job anytime soon?

Imagine he'll be a solid contributor to the team. It's clear Gio isn't a feature back, and while it seemed Hill would be, he doesn't appear to be either.

Is this guy? Maybe, he's got bags of football talent ,but a lot depends on the pieces around him. The O-Line has helped the run game roughly 0% the past few seasons, so there's that. But with Ross, the pass game should open up, which in turn makes it easier for these guys to run.

I'll go for him getting around 700/800 yards rushing this year (he'll split time and may not overtake Hill til the end of the season).