Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Mixon is a Bengal (/Thread-Joe-Mixon-is-a-Bengal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Lawless_1 - 04-29-2017

After the Steelers killing us the past two seasons is it any wonder why we took Ross, who some compared to AB and Mixon who is compared to Bell back to back?

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Pat5775 - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 01:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It's bad.  

Just watched the video for the first time... Yeah it certainly wasn't pretty. But honestly, I was expecting worse. Everyone made it sound like he just hit a poor girl, unprovoked. I don't know the details or circumstances surrounding the whole thing but this much is black and white: she made first contact. She shoved him, then she hit him. While Mixon's reaction was obviously way over the top, he was not the aggressor from what I could see (granted, you can't hear anything. It's a silent surveillance video clip). Yes, he should have walked away. I'm sure if he could do it all over again he would walk away. But, it happened. And you know what else happened? We drafted him. What choice to we have but to root for him? The past is the past. What's done is done. It's the future that counts

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - The Caped Crusader - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:52 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: After the Steelers killing us the past two seasons is it any wonder why we took Ross, who some compared to AB and Mixon who is compared to Bell back to back?

Right. Ross and AB have identical builds. They're also incredibly dangerous in space. Mixon seems like a no brainer, despite the (huge) negative.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Bengalbug - 04-29-2017

Something to consider with mixon, whoever we draft with our 2nd 4 will also be forever tied at the hip. So it isn't like we stood pat and drafted mixon, we will have mixon and ______. Not that it takes away from what he did, but it should make it more palletble

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - RunKijanaRun - 04-29-2017

I am not crazy about it but I'll make my peace with it.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:22 AM)Stewy Wrote: There is never an excuse for hitting a woman.  There can be forgiveness, but never an excuse.  Even if provoked, there is no excuse.  He could have shoved her, pushed her, blocked her, or if he were much much stronger, just walked away.  But if she called him a racial slur, that is a tough one for any black man to swallow and while I still do not condone it, I am not in his situation, so I cannot automatically condemn it.  She was obviously being a stupid *****, but he still should not have decked her.  With that said, he has BENN PUNISHED.  He has REPENTED.  He has settled and come to a conclusion with the "victim and the law".  This is the definition of contrition and is far more than Pacman has done in some situation just as bad.

Mixon is not Hardy.  He deserves a chance and I hope he proves the Bengals right in the long run.

Well said Stew, well said.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - bengalbiff - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Just watched the video for the first time... Yeah it certainly wasn't pretty. But honestly, I was expecting worse. Everyone made it sound like he just hit a poor girl, unprovoked. I don't know the details or circumstances surrounding the whole thing but this much is black and white: she made first contact. She shoved him, then she hit him. While Mixon's reaction was obviously way over the top, he was not the aggressor from what I could see (granted, you can't hear anything. It's a silent surveillance video clip). Yes, he should have walked away. I'm sure if he could do it all over again he would walk away. But, it happened. And you know what else happened? We drafted him. What choice to we have but to root for him? The past is the past. What's done is done. It's the future that counts

What do you mean what choice do we have?  We can choose to not watch root for or purchase anything from the Bengals.  If you choose to back this piece of carp that is your choice.  

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - mallorian69 - 04-29-2017

What I think is funny is that many of you that are outraged that the Bengals drafted Mixon were cheering when they drafted a guy that forced a 14yo to give him a bj.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - fredtoast - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 08:28 AM)bengalbiff Wrote:  If you choose to back this piece of carp that is your choice.  

Okay, Mr. Perfect, good luck fininding an NFL team that has zero players that have ever gotten in trouble.

Both you and I will be watching and cheering at NFL games this season, but only one of us will be a huge hypocrit.

(04-29-2017, 12:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Apparently him and OrlandoBengal.  Outta' here.

Are you kidding?  This is exactly what they wanted.  

All the haters are digging this pick.  It will give them something to squeal about for months.  It will become difficult to have a discussion about actual football topics without one of them posting about drafting Mixon.

Right now thyer are working on one of those clever nicknames they love to use for players they hate.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Hoofhearted - 04-29-2017

Lord knows I've made mistakes up to and including being abusive to women, but never physically. I've cheated, called them names and made more than a few hurt because of my actions. I've learned from them and now have been married to a women I cherish with all my heart for 11 years (since senior year high school). Not at all excusing his actions (this is actually something my dad was strict on me about), but I guess what I'm saying is we've all had our moments when we did something abusive (physically/emotionally) to women we regret. Some are worse than others, but I am willing to give him another chance.

(04-29-2017, 09:22 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  I am willing to give him another chance.

You are a lot bigger man than a lot of people around here.

But I guess people who are perfect and never made a mistake have a harder time forgiving.

(04-28-2017, 11:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Surprising, coming from your avatar.  Doesn't Jesus teach forgiveness? 

Wish there was such a thing as double rep.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Hoofhearted - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 09:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are a lot bigger man than a lot of people around here.

But I guess people who are perfect and never made a mistake have a harder time forgiving.

To err is human; to forgive, devine

(04-28-2017, 11:33 PM)Wyche Wrote:  I would lay my life on the line for my girls....ain't about looking tough.....about being a protector.....not an enabler.

Beating up Mixon after this happened would have had ZERO to do with protection.  The incident was over and he was not a threat to hit her again.  Only thing you would be doing was satisfying your bloodlust.

Only thing you enable by attacking him at that point is teaching your daughter that is perfectly acceptible to act like the girl in that video.  Is that what you want to teach your daughters?

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - THE PISTONS - 04-29-2017

I get taking a second chance on a guy.

But how MANY of these 2nd chance guys can you have on your roster?

The Bengals have had Tank Johnson, Benson, Chris Henry, Adam Jones, Burfict, and now Mixon. We signed that Joiner guy who was in jail...then retained his rights while he was in jail.

What I wonder is if we have strong enough leaders to counteract this all.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Okeana - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 02:52 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: After the Steelers killing us the past two seasons is it any wonder why we took Ross, who some compared to AB and Mixon who is compared to Bell back to back?

AB ? You mean LB ?

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - CageTheBengal - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 09:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get taking a second chance on a guy.

But how MANY of these 2nd chance guys can you have on your roster?

The Bengals have had Tank Johnson, Benson, Chris Henry, Adam Jones, Burfict, and now Mixon. We signed that Joiner guy who was in jail...then retained his rights while he was in jail.

What I wonder is if we have strong enough leaders to counteract this all.

The guys in bold aren't on our roster anymore and it has been nearly a decade since they had.

and what has Burfict done to bunch him up with the likes of Chris Henry or any of the others? Any off the field incidents?

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - Okeana - 04-29-2017

This thread makes me lol. Full of internet tough guys and soap boxers beating a dead horse. Keep it coming i'm bathing in your tears.

I hope this guy has a hall of fame career and I hope he turns this incident into something positive within the community. He's not a habitual woman beater and all parties involved have moved on with their lives.

RE: Joe Mixon is a Bengal - THE PISTONS - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 09:55 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The guys in bold aren't on our roster anymore and it has been nearly a decade since they had.

and what has Burfict done to bunch him up with the likes of Chris Henry or any of the others? Any off the field incidents?

Hey - Who am I to question the Bengals Personnel strategy. It's yielded all of this playoff success.

Keep bringing in guys with character issues Bengals! It works!

As for Burfict...his issues were all on the field or in the lockerroom where he waited for a teammate and punched him.

2 of the guys on my list costed us a playoff game against the Steelers with personal fouls at the end of a game.

My point with listing the guys is Marvin has never had a roster devoid of guys with character issues. The Bengals specifically targeted those guys as they could be obtained cheaply.