Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? (/Thread-Anyone-remember-Corrine-Brown)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - SunsetBengal - 05-11-2017

Dirty Democrat is going down...

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2017-05-11/corrine-brown-convicted-18-felonies-faces-decades-prison

Quote:The jury convicted Brown of 18 of the 22 separate criminal counts a grand jury indicted her for in July. The convictions involve conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud, tax crimes and hiding income she should have publicly reported.
She was found not guilty of two counts of mail fraud and two counts of wire fraud.
Brown could in theory be sentenced to decades in prison, but that decision is likely more than three months away. No sentencing date was immediately set.

Tsk, tsk, tsk..

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-11-2017

I don't think I've ever heard of her, but I have a special hatred reserved for people who operate sham charities.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - SunsetBengal - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 09:44 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't think I've ever heard of her, but I have a special hatred reserved for people who operate sham charities.

Not surprising that you haven't heard of her.  Even though she was a Representative for 24 years, MSM averted their eyes from the story.  I heard about it on "alternative news" networks and radio programs, even made a thread about it back in July.  Was mainly met with "we'll see how this turns out" type responses. 

My entire point is that crooked politicians need to go down, no matter which party they represent.  Yay, Justice!

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-11-2017

I had a friend from high school go to prison for bribing a Congressman. The F'ed up thing was my friend didn't offer the bribe. The Congressman demanded the bribe.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - BmorePat87 - 05-12-2017

(05-11-2017, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even though she was a Representative for 24 years, MSM averted their eyes from the story. 

It was indeed on the MSM when it happened in 2016. I remember reading about it. She was not a particularly noteworthy member of congress before that, which is why many may not know who she is. 

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - 6andcounting - 05-12-2017

CNN Break News: She was found not guilty of two counts of mail fraud and two counts of wire fraud.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - GMDino - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 09:03 AM)6andcounting Wrote: CNN Break News: She was found not guilty of two counts of mail fraud and two counts of wire fraud.

FOX Headline: Trump fired Comney now over handling of Corrine Brown investigation.   Ninja

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - Belsnickel - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 09:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: FOX Headline: Hillary Clinton needs to be investigated because Corrine Brown was found not guilty on 4 counts.   Ninja

That's more like it

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - BengalHawk62 - 05-12-2017

Trumpity trump trump is gonna grab Ms. Conway by the p**** over the mishandling of the Corrine Brown investigation.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - michaelsean - 05-12-2017

Stories like this are why I'll only donate to The Human Fund.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - SunsetBengal - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 08:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was indeed on the MSM when it happened in 2016. I remember reading about it. She was not a particularly noteworthy member of congress before that, which is why many may not know who she is. 

If you're in Congress for 24 years, you should be doing something noteworthy.  Otherwise, the constituents are merely sending her along for the ride.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Stories like this are why I'll only donate to The Human Fund.

I have three picked out which I know are legit.  That's it.  I don't have the time or the inclination to vet the calls and letters to determine who is legit and who isn't.  It pisses me off people prey upon the charity of others to steal not only from the victims of their fraud, but from those in need of charity by diverting money which could have gone to help the needy into the scammer's bank account instead.

(05-12-2017, 03:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have three picked out which I know are legit.  That's it.  I don't have the time or the inclination to vet the calls and letters to determine who is legit and who isn't.  It pisses me off people prey upon the charity of others to steal not only from the victims of their fraud, but from those in need of charity by diverting money which could have gone to help the needy into the scammer's bank account instead.

There is a website that gives the stats on charities; how much of their proceeds actually go to their stated cause, average monies raised per year, CEO salary.  I don't know if you would trust a site like that to vet your potential charity of choice.  I actually stumbled upon the site, when trying to find data on the Kars for Kids charity.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - BmorePat87 - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you're in Congress for 24 years, you should be doing something noteworthy.  Otherwise, the constituents are merely sending her along for the ride.

There are currently 48 members of the House who have been there for at least 24 years. I consider myself pretty up on things political and I recognized 8 of the names. So while she may have been known in her district, she didn't have the same national recognition. 

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 03:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There is a website that gives the stats on charities; how much of their proceeds actually go to their stated cause, average monies raised per year, CEO salary.  I don't know if you would trust a site like that to vet your potential charity of choice.  I actually stumbled upon the site, when trying to find data on the Kars for Kids charity.

I'll explain how the scams get around those sites.  

Let's say I have a fake charity, Breech's Bullshit Charity.  I hire a telemarketing company, which belongs to me, and pay them 80% of the donations for collecting the donations for me.  Twenty percent goes to the actual charity.  Ninety percent of the 20% actually goes to the people in need, 10% of the 20% goes to operational costs for Breech's Bullshit Charity.

So let's break down the dollars.

$100 contribution: $80 dollars goes to the telemarketers (me), $20 dollars goes to the charity minus the 10% operation cost (-$2) which means $18 dollars out of every $100 dollars actually goes to the charity and $82 dollars goes into my pocket or is operational costs.  But, Breech's Bullshit Charity can show the websites 90% of donations go to the charity while only 10% goes to operating costs.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - NATI BENGALS - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 03:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you're in Congress for 24 years, you should be doing something noteworthy.  Otherwise, the constituents are merely sending her along for the ride.

Steve Chabot gets elected every year here. I have heard his name nationally maybe twice.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - NATI BENGALS - 05-12-2017

Over under on jail time? This is the type of lady who should rot in prison the rest of her life. I bet she does 4 or less.

(05-12-2017, 09:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Over under on jail time? This is the type of lady who should rot in prison the rest of her life. I bet she does 4 or less.

Sadly enough, you're likely right.  She has enough ill gotten gains to pay for the best legal defense.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - fredtoast - 05-13-2017

(05-11-2017, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  MSM averted their eyes from the story.  

(05-12-2017, 08:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was indeed on the MSM when it happened in 2016. 

It was all over the mianstream media.  I remember reading abi9ut it also.

"Most Informative Member" strikes again.

RE: Anyone remember Corrine Brown? - SunsetBengal - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 08:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was all over the mianstream media.  I remember reading abi9ut it also.

"Most Informative Member" strikes again.

C'mon man, haven't you got any real work to do?

[Image: 018445b06b4d865c7ab9fc3b06b6ea22_-ambula...95-278.gif]