Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2021

(07-23-2021, 07:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yo bfine, we still doing keepers this year?  I figure we will, just checking.  Very important info for my mock drafts.  Lol

(07-23-2021, 12:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Also wondering if we're gonna revisit the trading keepers idea.

Or if we are gonna switch to auction like somebody mentioned a while back.

I think there's been so much turnover that we should start from scratch (no keepers)

I prefer an auction draft but most around here don't

So my suggestions open to vote are no keepers and standard snake draft

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2021

Those that have confirmed they are in:
Teeth
Wes
hollo
Harley
Vas
Bob

BenZoo wanted out last year, but came back when a GM flaked. Tecmo will be in the league this year if he replies

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-23-2021

(07-23-2021, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think there's been so much turnover that we should start from scratch (no keepers)

I'm good with standard and no keepers. Good with any of it honestly.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-23-2021

Sorry, I was on vacation and away from computer land. Sign me up!

Edit: As the new guy, I'll vote no to current-keepers with a draft refresh (I'm down for keepers in future seasons) & I too like auctions, but I'm flexible either way.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-24-2021

(07-23-2021, 12:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Also wondering if we're gonna revisit the trading keepers idea.

Or if we are gonna switch to auction like somebody mentioned a while back.

Good point.  And how's it going Bob?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-24-2021

(07-23-2021, 04:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think there's been so much turnover that we should start from scratch (no keepers)

You are probably not shocked that I prefer standard draft, never been shy about that.  And as for keepers, I like your idea of starting over from scratch.  So there's my votes chief.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-24-2021

I'll need access to the league when the it's up and running.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-24-2021

(07-23-2021, 04:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Those that have confirmed they are in:
Teeth
Wes
hollo
Harley
Vas
Bob

BenZoo wanted out last year, but came back when a GM flaked. Tecmo will be in the league this year if he replies

If we're doing a full reset for keepers are we gonna do randomized draft order or are us losers still picking 1 and 2?

(07-24-2021, 05:23 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good point.  And how's it going Bob?

Good as always, ready for some fantasy football.  Im sure you've already got through a couple(hundred?) mock drafts before I even thought about it though.  Hilarious

(07-24-2021, 05:26 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You are probably not shocked that I prefer standard draft, never been shy about that.  And as for keepers, I like your idea of starting over from scratch.  So there's my votes chief.

Ill be honest, Im with ya on the standard over auction but I've never done an auction draft so it is somewhat intriguing.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-24-2021

The Bengals Board Football Fantasy has always been full, so I have been in other CBS and ESPN Football Fantasy, often 6 leagues a year. I am in a Bengals Board Baseball League. one of 7 baseball leagues I am in. So all I want to do is talk Mock Drafts a second. In July, I am already practicing Mock Drafts on CBS Site. I'm finding it is key to remember there were other draft picks besides Bengals Chase. It would be nice to get Steelers Harris at RB, but he goes fast in round 1 or early 2. I have no problem coming away with Jaguars Etienne and Broncos Williams at RB, and Williams is going to be Broncos #1 RB because they don't have much besides the 1st round pick RB. At TE, Kelce goes early, but Pitts doesn't and I have no problem grabbing Falcons Pitts after first few rounds as my TE. Same Pitts many wanted Bengals too draft. At WR their are other 1st rounds beside Chase who goes kind of fast. Alabama Heisman Smith who was great in SEC and tore up Ohio State in Championship will team up with Alabama QB at Eagles, and has to start due to lack of WR's. Yet this talent often can be a later draft pick in Mock Drafts. Add in Waddle, Toney, Bateman, E.Moore as top pick WR's who keep coming up late pick steals in Mock Drafts.

So my point is there are first round and early second round draft picks to consider in practicing mock drafts and planning your real draft strategy. Not everybody can draft Kelce at TE. The rookie RB Harris goes fast. Chase is hard to get. Still, there are other NFL top rookies that can help fill out your teams. Myself, I feel if I get Pitts at TE, Williams or Etienne at RB, Smith at WR or Waddle or Bateman, I feel like that fills my opening day roster out pretty good adding them to good veteran picks. Oh yes, Boyd is becoming a later pick that I love to grab. Chase and Higgins go off the mock draft boards leaving Boyd there to grab, and I still consider the veteran Boyd the best WR on the Bengals and one of the best in NFL. Boyd is a mid round Steal so far in mock drafts.

It's not too early to be practicing in CBS or ESPN mock drafts. Seeing who you might be able to get after first 2 rounds. I see some people draft first 2 rounds and then let computer pick for them each year. I don't do that, because there are good players on the board all through the draft that I want, even the very last pick in fantasy draft is important. So I'm excited to see how my Fantasy Football Drafts play out in August. If I can get Boyd and some Top Pick Rookies like Pitts, J. Williams, D. Smith in the Mid to Late Rounds, I will love it. Sometimes Joe Burrow is still there in last pick of Mock Drafts, so it shows not to quit and let computer make your last picks.

Oh yes, I play For Free....I don't like losing money, so I don't gamble. ...but playing Fantasy for Free is Fun also.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 09:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll need access to the league when the it's up and running.

PM me an email

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: PM me an email

Done!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 07-24-2021

Not sure what kind of fairytales people are living in where they don’t want keepers this year, but ‘might be open to it down the road’…. Hmmmm. I wonder what would inform that decision…. Your father brought you up better than that.

I vote for keepers (because that’s what was agreed upon) and for an auction draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 07:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Not sure what kind of fairytales people are living in where they don’t want keepers this year, but ‘might be open to it down the road’….  Hmmmm. I wonder what would inform that decision….   Your father brought you up better than that.  

I vote for keepers (because that’s what was agreed upon) and for an auction draft.

Somebody really wants to keep Kyler for a 6th  Hilarious

On a serious note, is anybody interested in doing a dynasty league? Might be harder to do with the turnover we seem to have but could be interesting.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-24-2021

(07-24-2021, 07:56 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Somebody really wants to keep Kyler for a 6th  Hilarious

I looked forward to keeping Diggs on the cheap as well... but what can you do, with so much fluctuation.

What gives, really. It is at it is.

@topic at hand, I would be willing to try out auction, with zero experience.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 07-24-2021

I prefer keepers and snake draft. When will we be doing this draft anyway?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-25-2021

(07-24-2021, 09:47 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll need access to the league when the it's up and running.

Welcome aboard dude.  Look forward to playing you and getting to know you here.  Who Dey

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-25-2021

(07-24-2021, 09:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: I looked forward to keeping Diggs on the cheap as well... but what can you do, with so much fluctuation.

What gives, really. It is at it is.

@topic at hand, I would be willing to try out auction, with zero experience.

See, that's where I'm at.  Zero auction draft experience.  But I don't have Austrian sized Kahunas.

(07-24-2021, 10:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I prefer keepers and snake draft. When will we be doing this draft anyway?

I'm flexixble.  But totally agree with The Dog on snakes!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 07-25-2021

If we are going to "reset" and do away with keepers then I'm even more in favor of an auction draft.  

Why not?  Live a little, guys.  It's not rocket science and it would be the most exciting way to build your team.  Think of it like free agency.  You can get whoever you want, and can build out your team in a million different ways.

PS Can I make a suggestion for our lineups?  I'm curious if anyone is in favor of this:  Can we change it to starting 1 RB and 2 Flex (vs 2 RB and 1 Flex)?  I just think it's better for fantasy nowadays.  There's not that many good RB's in today's NFL, and if you have someone go down you're left starting an absolute turd.  I feel like with 2 flex people can still start 2 RB's, or even 3.  But if you're stuck with only 1 decent one for a a game or two, then at least you can play a WR or TE to get some points.  Just a thought....

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 12:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we are going to "reset" and do away with keepers then I'm even more in favor of an auction draft.  

Why not?  Live a little, guys.  It's not rocket science and it would be the most exciting way to build your team.  Think of it like free agency.  You can get whoever you want, and can build out your team in a million different ways.

PS Can I make a suggestion for our lineups?  I'm curious if anyone is in favor of this:  Can we change it to starting 1 RB and 2 Flex (vs 2 RB and 1 Flex)?  I just think it's better for fantasy nowadays.  There's not that many good RB's in today's NFL, and if you have someone go down you're left starting an absolute turd.  I feel like with 2 flex people can still start 2 RB's, or even 3.  But if you're stuck with only 1 decent one for a a game or two, then at least you can play a WR or TE to get some points.  Just a thought....

I'd be good with that.

Also interested in auction, would be something fresh.

I'd be fine voting no keepers and Auction draft.