Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 10:59 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Welcome aboard dude.  Look forward to playing you and getting to know you here.  Who Dey

Thanks, I'm looking forward to some competitive fun.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-25-2021

Uh oh.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-25-2021

(07-25-2021, 07:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Thanks, I'm looking forward to some competitive fun.

Me too man!

(07-25-2021, 10:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh oh.

Guys.  There's a reason my wife doesn't let me touch bills and shit.  I'm really bad with money.  bfine, you got anybody on the list.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-26-2021

If there was no turn over I'd be down with keepers, but there's just too much. It's not self-serving; as if I retained keepers and current draft order; I'd be able to keep the likes of Terry McLarin for a 6th rounder (dude's gonna explode with Fitz) and Jarvis Landry for a 7th. I wouldn't have to "keep" Run CMC; as I have the #1 OA and could just take him with the pick.

Some things we must decide on in the coming days:

Auction Y/N

I've heard a new trend is to not have TEs and add a Flex. This is because of the gap between the top 3 TEs and the rest of the league

How many IR spots

Do we want to try "divisions"

I'm still waiting to hear from Bengal Dude, Coach McNeil, Stone the Crow, Slade

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If there was no turn over I'd be down with keepers, but there's just too much. It's not self-serving; as if I retained keepers and current draft order; I'd be able to keep the likes of Terry McLarin for a 6th rounder (dude's gonna explode with Fitz) and Jarvis Landry for a 5th. I wouldn't have to "keep" Run CMC; as I have the #1 OA and could just take him with the pick.

Auction Y/N

I've heard a new trend is to not have TEs and add a Flex. This is because of the gap between the top 3 TEs and the rest of the league

How many IR spots

Auction - No

Flex TE - Yes

IR Spots - 2

Divisions - No, divisions could be fun to kinda start some yearly division rivals but big picture it's gonna be pretty frustrating if one division is horrible and some .500 teams make the playoffs over a guy with 9 wins in the good division.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Auction Y/N 

YES

I don't like this at all.  I think an ideal lineup looks like this (much like a real one):  1QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 D + 2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

How many IR spots

2 seems fair

Definitely not.  I was in one of these leagues once and it was terrible.  You had shittier teams get in one divison over better teams in another.  And it was completely abritary because the divsions were essentially meaningless .

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - StoneTheCrow - 07-26-2021

Saw your message bfine, sorry y’all I’m out this year. Barely have the time. I’d rather someone be in the league who can give it the time it deserves.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-26-2021

(07-26-2021, 07:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Saw your message bfine, sorry y’all I’m out this year. Barely have the time. I’d rather someone be in the league who can give it the time it deserves.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope all is well. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-27-2021

I am sorta' feeling the same as STC. Getting on in years, and have a lot going on. Plus it looks like we're trending towards Auction draft. Guys it's been fun. But I'm bowing out.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 07-27-2021

I'm happy to do it. Enjoy competing against you guys, but not really a fan of Auction Leagues. I'm not saying no, but prefer our present format.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-27-2021

(07-27-2021, 10:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I am sorta' feeling the same as STC.  Getting on in years, and have a lot going on.  Plus it looks like we're trending towards Auction draft.  Guys it's been fun.  But I'm bowing out.

Ah, afraid of an auction draft I see. 

Surely with 200-300 auction mocks you could adapt.  Hilarious

Also only 2 people have voted, been fun the last couple years if your actually out though.

Also as I've said before I'm on the fence so if auction drafts are gonna run people off I got no problem staying standard.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 07-28-2021

I'm in. Doesn't matter to me what kind of draft. I prefer keepers, but if there's a lot of turnover. I understand not having it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-28-2021

(07-27-2021, 10:37 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Ah, afraid of an auction draft I see. 

Surely with 200-300 auction mocks you could adapt.  Hilarious

Also only 2 people have voted, been fun the last couple years if your actually out though.

Also as I've said before I'm on the fence so if auction drafts are gonna run people off I got no problem staying standard.

Well.  I could probably stay if there's a chance.  So I'm officially voting NO auction draft.  I prefer the current way.  I'm fine with or without keepers, divisions and what not.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 10:22 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well.  I could probably stay if there's a chance.  So I'm officially voting NO auction draft.  I prefer the current way.  I'm fine with or without keepers, divisions and what not.

Seems like the majority of people either want standard or are on the fence at best, so probably best to keep it standard I guess. Got enough turnover without shaking it up too much and running more people off.

Probably changing my vote to standard to keep from running more people off. Also tried to do an auction mock and wait times are like 20-30 minutes and nobody doing them, so kinda sucks when trying to get some mocks in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-28-2021

(07-28-2021, 11:33 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Seems like the majority of people either want standard or are on the fence at best, so probably best to keep it standard I guess. Got enough turnover without shaking it up too much and running more people off.

Probably changing my vote to standard to keep from running more people off. Also tried to do an auction mock and wait times are like 20-30 minutes and nobody doing them, so kinda sucks when trying to get some mocks in.

Hmmm...so what's the official tally thus far bfine?  You guys might be stuck with me after all.  Lol

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 07-28-2021

(07-27-2021, 10:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I am sorta' feeling the same as STC.  Getting on in years, and have a lot going on.  Plus it looks like we're trending towards Auction draft.  Guys it's been fun.  But I'm bowing out.

This is horseshit.  You know you're fielding a team.  Shut up.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-28-2021

(07-26-2021, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If there was no turn over I'd be down with keepers, but there's just too much. It's not self-serving; as if I retained keepers and current draft order; I'd be able to keep the likes of Terry McLarin for a 6th rounder (dude's gonna explode with Fitz) and Jarvis Landry for a 7th. I wouldn't have to "keep" Run CMC; as I have the #1 OA and could just take him with the pick.

Auction Y/N

How many IR spots

No to auction, for I would miss TigerTeeth talking about his plethora of mocks.
No to leaving the TE spot out. Why, because there are not many good ones? Well, draft accordingly.
I'd say yes to an additional Flex or WR spot. It got a bit easy last year to field one's best team, an additional spot might make it a bit more tricky.
One IR spot should suffice.
No to divisions.

(07-28-2021, 07:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is horseshit.  You know you're fielding a team.  Shut up.

Hilarious You know nothing.

(07-28-2021, 07:32 PM)hollodero Wrote: No to auction, for I would miss TigerTeeth talking about his plethora of mocks.
No to leaving the TE spot out. Why, because there are not many good ones? Well, draft accordingly.
I'd say yes to an additional Flex or WR spot. It got a bit easy last year to field one's best team, an additional spot might make it a bit more tricky.
One IR spot should suffice.
No to divisions.

Joe