Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-31-2021

(07-30-2021, 10:46 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I like how you put that.  I'm leaning towards a yes on keepers.  Good point Bob!

[Image: UntidyLegitimateAmericancrow-max-1mb.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-31-2021

(07-30-2021, 12:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on my suggestion of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D, 1 K Lineup?  

Note: The key difference is instead of having to start to 2 running backs, you have the option of using 1 RB, and another  WR or TE with your extra flex.  Obviously you can still start two running backs if you like; hell, you can start 3.  It just gives you more options to build your lineup week to week.

With this being a 12 team league, and with the NFL just not having a ton of great backs anymore, it gets tough for some rosters late in the year to fill that 2nd spot with anyone that isn't a total turd. To each their own, but I don't think the old lineup setting works well for 12 man leagues nowadays.
I'm down except I'd rather see 2 W/T. Too many people are put at a disadvantage having to start a TE. Quite a bit of drop off from Kelce to the 10-12 TE in the league. So unless anyone has any objections we'll do the following:

No keepers

Standard Snake Draft

1 QB/1 RB/3 W-T/ 2 Flex/ 1 D/ 1 K

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-31-2021

(07-31-2021, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm down except I'd rather see 2 W/T. Too many people are put at a disadvantage having to start a TE. Quite a bit of drop off from Kelce to the 10-12 TE in the league. So unless anyone has any objections we'll do the following:

No keepers

Standard Snake Draft

I'm good with that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-31-2021

(07-31-2021, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm down except I'd rather see 2 W/T. Too many people are put at a disadvantage having to start a TE. Quite a bit of drop off from Kelce to the 10-12 TE in the league. So unless anyone has any objections we'll do the following:

No keepers

Standard Snake Draft

Sorry for the mixed messages.  But what you've posted here is my FINAL vote.  No more fence sitting.  Let's kick this baby off!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-31-2021

No objections (even though I still don't buy into the arguments regarding cancelling the TE and one RB spot). I will adapt and draft accordingly.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 07-31-2021

Honestly, just set the settings back to what they were last year. I don't like this at all.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-31-2021

(07-31-2021, 10:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Honestly, just set the settings back to what they were last year.  I don't like this at all.

It's exactly what you suggested except you can chose between a TE and a WR. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-01-2021

(07-31-2021, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's exactly what you suggested except you can chose between a TE and a WR. 

No it's not.  I wanted the 2nd RB spot to be turned into a flex.  You added another flex on top of that and got rid of the TE position.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 09:38 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No it's not.  I wanted the 2nd RB spot to be turned into a flex.  You added another flex on top of that and got rid of the TE position.  

RB talent is scarce so change one to flex = Good

TE talent even more scarce so change to flex = Bad

Not sure I get your mindset here.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-01-2021

(07-30-2021, 12:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Does anyone have an opinion on my suggestion of 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 D, 1 K Lineup?  

(07-31-2021, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1 QB/1 RB/3 W-T/ 2 Flex/ 1 D/ 1 K

(07-31-2021, 10:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's exactly what you suggested except you can chose between a TE and a WR. 

(08-01-2021, 09:38 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No it's not.  I wanted the 2nd RB spot to be turned into a flex.  You added another flex on top of that and got rid of the TE position.  

Yes it is:

You wanted 1 QB I suggested 1 QB

You wanted 1 RB I suggested 1 RB

You wanted 2 Flex, I suggested 2 flex

You wanted 1 D, I suggested 1 D

You wanted 1 K, I suggested 1 K

The ONLY difference is you wanted 2 WRs and 1 TE. I'm giving the option to pick that if you want with W/T or you can start a 3rd WR insted of 2-1 or hell you can start 2 TEs, 1 WR. 

Not only is it almost exactly the same; it follows the exact same rationale you gave.

Sometimes I think you just like to yell at clouds. 

(08-01-2021, 11:03 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: RB talent is scarce so change one to flex = Good

TE talent even more scarce so change to flex = Bad

Not sure I get your mindset here.

I'm perplexed as well. A lot of leagues are going to a flex W/T over TE; however, I haven't seen any go to 1 RB, but I was willing to make folks happy. Seems I failed. 

Personally I'd prefer 2 RBs, 3 WB/TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-01-2021

I'm out.  I don't need to be lectured over a free fantasy football league.  Good luck to everyone.

(08-01-2021, 01:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm out.  I don't need to be lectured over a free fantasy football league.  Good luck to everyone.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-01-2021

This is great.

(08-01-2021, 02:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is great.

Don't make me lecture you

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't make me lecture you

[Image: tenor.gif]

I guess if someone wants to leave over a TE spot then so be it, weird hill to die on.

If he's leaving I'm fine going back to 2 RB or leaving it at 1 RB.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-01-2021

So I'm joining just in time for the drama.

(08-01-2021, 05:07 PM)Synric Wrote: So I'm joining just in time for the drama.

Welcome aboard. I blame Vas for all the consternation; he's the Ass. Commish. 

You replace STC, but it appears we will now need another. I'll look back through the thread and see who has shown interest in the past. 

As to the scoring...I'm open for suggestions..

(08-01-2021, 05:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I guess if someone wants to leave over a TE spot then so be it, weird hill to die on.

Would have been fine with the TE thing had there been a vote and some respectful conversation about it.  Except he brought it up 3 pages back and you and him were the only ones who wanted it.

I voice my opinion again (did it days ago along with others), and am told this is basically what I asked for.  It's not.  It's not even close.  Then I try to explain it and am railroaded by the two of you (the only people out of 12 who voted yes) telling me I'm weird, or that I like yelling at clouds.

Well guess what?  I don't need you to explain this to me, nor do I need the jabs.  Not having to start a TE is stupid.  The two people who wanted this get their way (Last place and 2nd to place, real experts).  Congrats.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 07:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would have been fine with the TE thing had there been a vote and some respectful conversation about it.  Except he brought it up 3 pages back and you and him were the only ones who wanted it.

I voice my opinion again (did it days ago along with others), and am told this is basically what I asked for.  It's not.  It's not even close.  Then I try to explain it and am railroaded by the two of you (the only people out of 12 who voted yes) telling me I'm weird, or that I like yelling at clouds.

Well guess what?  I don't need you to explain this to me, nor do I need the jabs.  Not having to start a TE is stupid.  The two people who wanted this get their way (Last place and 2nd to place, real experts).  Congrats.  

I know the most standard lineup recently is QB- 2RB-2WR-2 Flex. Tight Ends are getting flexed out of money leagues because only 3 TEs in the NFL average WR volume.