Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I know the most standard lineup recently is QB- 2RB-2WR-2 Flex. Tight Ends are getting flexed out of money leagues because only 3 TEs in the NFL average WR volume.

Where are you seeing these "standard" lineups?  Every single ESPN mock I've seen they're still drafting Tight Ends accordingly.  And I'm in two money leagues and this certainly hasn't been discussed.

You all act like this is a new thing, that there are a couple elite Tight Ends above the rest of the group.  It's like you don't remember Gonzales and Gates, or Gronk and Graham.  It's always been this way.

If you look at TE's 3-12 last year, they all finished between 600-715 yards with 4-7 TD's.  It's extemely balanced for starters that aren't the cream of the crop.

Reducing them to a Flex play completely changes the entire draft.  It used to be you had to decide if you want to take Mark Andrews in the 4th or someone like Hockinson in the 5th.  Well, that's going to be completely gone.  And it's not like there wasn't a big stategy to getting one of the studs.  You want someone like Kelce you had to sacrifice a 1st or 2nd round pick, and you'd have a worse RB or WR as a result.  It was never an unfair advantage; it was a balancing act.

Like I said earlier, I would have stuck with whatever what was voted on.  But I don't need to hear people trying to explain to me that this is what I wanted.  It's entirely different, and I said as much earlier.  The commisioner and his one buddy are the only ones who were in favor and now they're pretending like I'm an idiot for pointing any of the above out.  If you want this system, fine.  But don't pretend like it's the same as making a 2nd RB a Flex.  They're elimating an entire position requirement.  It's a MASSIVE change.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 07:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would have been fine with the TE thing had there been a vote and some respectful conversation about it.  Except he brought it up 3 pages back and you and him were the only ones who wanted it.

I voice my opinion again (did it days ago along with others), and am told this is basically what I asked for.  It's not.  It's not even close.  Then I try to explain it and am railroaded by the two of you (the only people out of 12 who voted yes) telling me I'm weird, or that I like yelling at clouds.

Well guess what?  I don't need you to explain this to me, nor do I need the jabs.  Not having to start a TE is stupid.  The two people who wanted this get their way (Last place and 2nd to place, real experts).  Congrats.  

I'm just here to have some fun in a fantasy league with Bengals fans, had no idea this was so serious.

I could honestly give two shits about lineups or draft types, which if you go through this thread you would see that, I've basically just been rolling with whatever is brought up and even changing my vote on things to keep people around.

I don't care if we do a 6 QB 3 DEF Auction draft if that's what people want.

This all just seems like a huge over reaction.

But hey, that's just the opinion of the guy who came in 11th as you so kindly pointed out. Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 08:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Where are you seeing these "standard" lineups?  Every single ESPN mock I've seen they're still drafting Tight Ends accordingly.  And I'm in two money leagues and this certainly hasn't been discussed.

You all act like this is a new thing, that there are a couple elite Tight Ends above the rest of the group.  It's like you don't remember Gonzales and Gates, or Gronk and Graham.  It's always been this way.

If you look at TE's 3-12 last year, they all finished between 600-715 yards with 4-7 TD's.  It's extemely balanced for starters that aren't the cream of the crop.

Reducing them to a Flex play completely changes the entire draft.  It used to be you had to decide if you want to take Mark Andrews in the 4th or someone like Hockinson in the 5th.  Well, that's going to be completely gone.  And it's not like there wasn't a big stategy to getting one of the studs.  You want someone like Kelce you had to sacrifice a 1st or 2nd round pick, and you'd have a worse RB or WR as a result.  It was never an unfair advantage; it was a balancing act.

Like I said earlier, I would have stuck with whatever what was voted on.  But I don't need to hear people trying to explain to me that this is what I wanted.  It's entirely different, and I said as much earlier.  The commisioner and his one buddy are the only ones who were in favor and now they're pretending like I'm an idiot for pointing any of the above out.  If you want this system, fine.  But don't pretend like it's the same as making a 2nd RB a Flex.  They're elimating an entire position requirement.  It's a MASSIVE change.

Dude...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-01-2021

(08-01-2021, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude...

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-02-2021

(08-01-2021, 09:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

How's it going man?  Oh, you weren't talking to me.  Sorry!
Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Bengal Dude - 08-02-2021

(08-01-2021, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude...

You rang?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-02-2021

(08-01-2021, 07:56 PM)Synric Wrote: I know the most standard lineup recently is QB- 2RB-2WR-2 Flex. Tight Ends are getting flexed out of money leagues because only 3 TEs in the NFL average WR volume.

Here's a recent article on flexing the TE:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/commissioners-guide-can-we-fix-fantasy-footballs-te-problem/

Quote:What Should We Do for 2021?

While still an unpopular idea, eliminating the required TE position from fantasy football is a reasonable way to fix this problem. The argument will be made that this drastic disparity forces owners to make a draft-day decision; pay up for the elite talent or suffer through a season of dud games. If you do not have one of the elite-3 (Kelce, Kittle, Waller), you can assume that you are going to score less than 10 PPR points at the TE position in half of your games. The good news is that, in most weeks, you will be playing another manager with the same odds of a dud game at the TE position.

Now, eliminating the required TE position is not the same as leagues eliminating Kickers. Instead of requiring a TE, simply make that roster spot another flex position. In most league hosting platforms, you can also make a WR/TE only Flex.

In 2020, Travis Kelce scored like a top-5 WR, while Darren Waller performed at the level of a top-10 WR. But here’s the gap: TE3-TE6 were all grouped together, equivalent to WRs 42-46. While Travis Kelce was performing like Stefon Diggs and DeAndre Hopkins, the seasons TE3 (Logan Thomas) was performing like Michael Gallup or T.Y. Hilton.

I have 0 idea why Toast responded so negatively to the "suggestion". No scoring format has been decided upon and will be clearly decided before any draft is conducted. 

Hell I've seen more and more going to 2 QBs. IDK if anyone have Sirius Radio but channel 87 is a good listen. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's a recent article on flexing the TE:

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/commissioners-guide-can-we-fix-fantasy-footballs-te-problem/

I have 0 idea why Toast responded so negatively to the "suggestion". No scoring format has been decided upon and will be clearly decided before any draft is conducted. 

Hell I've seen more and more going to 2 QBs. IDK if anyone have Sirius Radio but channel 87 is a good listen. 

Sorry, I took you changing the league settings to the new roster as it being more than a "suggestion."

And like I said, I wasn't even as angry about the rule changes as I was the responses to my objections.  What's that word a lot of kids overuse today?  Gaslighting?  Telling me this is exactly what I wanted is nonsense and anyone with even a basic understanding of fantasy football knows that.  Your buddy chiming in with you irked me, and you telling me I'm yelling at clouds was completely uncalled for. 

Also, notice how not a single person other than you two has supported this idea.  Not one.

PS You suppplied one article and the beginning of it starts "While still an unpopular opinion..."

(08-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sorry, I took you changing the league settings to the new roster as it being more than a "suggestion."

And like I said, I wasn't even as angry about the rule changes as I was the responses to my objections.  What's that word a lot of kids overuse today?  Gaslighting?  Telling me this is exactly what I wanted is nonsense and anyone with even a basic understanding of fantasy football knows that.  Your buddy chiming in with you irked me, and you telling me I'm yelling at clouds was completely uncalled for. 

Also, notice how not a single person other than you two has supported this idea.  Not one.

PS You suppplied one article and the beginning of it starts "While still an unpopular opinion..."

Sorry. I had to ensure I could make the changes before I suggested doing so.....But there is nothing anywhere to point to me mandating anything. 

As to the "not a single" person other than my "buddy"...Synric shared his thoughts on the flex. 

Either you're in or you're out...I'd like to see you stick around, but your choice

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sorry. I had to ensure I could make the changes before I suggested doing so.....But there is nothing anywhere to point to me mandating anything. 

As to the "not a single" person other than my "buddy"...Synric shared his thoughts on the flex. 

Either you're in or you're out...I'd like to see you stick around, but your choice

If anyone else wants my spot they can have it.  If you no one wants it and you still need it filled then I'll play.  I don't want to do any harm to the league.  I don't have a problem with anyone who didn't mock me for having a different opinion than them.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's a recent article on flexing the TE:

I have no problem with flexing the TE spot, and though I wouldn't advocate it myself, in the end that is the commissioner's call, bfine is the boss; but I do not fully agree with the presented conclusion in that article.

For sure, the three top TEs will probably score more than the following ones, but it's not like it's only those three and a bunch of total scrubs afterwards.

Eg. you have Henry and Jonnu Smith with the Pats, Noah Fant, Irv Smith did a whole lot at the end of last season, there's Hockenson, Pitts might be an intriguing option, Mark Andrews isn't exactly rubbish, there's Thomas, Gronk, OJ Howard will be back, Tonyan, Gesicki, that aren't total duds. Of course, if you draft TE later on, you won't get one that is just as good as the top options, but that is true for pretty much every other position too. That is what draft strategy is all about, assessing where drafting players has the most value.

On the other hand, when taking the presented opinion to its conclusion you could argue just flexing every position due to a dropoff at some point.

And though that's not my cup of tea, the Mantooth reaction possibly was not really relatable in its intensity, but I'm not throwing any stone in that regard. Happens to all of us at times, imho, hence I'd be in favor of burying all hatchets and let this thing just slide without much fuzz.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 07:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If anyone else wants my spot they can have it.  If you no one wants it and you still need it filled then I'll play.  I don't want to do any harm to the league.  I don't have a problem with anyone who didn't mock me for having a different opinion than them.

Doesn't matter to me man.  I was mainly against an Auction Draft.  The rest I can adapt to.

(08-02-2021, 07:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If anyone else wants my spot they can have it.  If you no one wants it and you still need it filled then I'll play.  I don't want to do any harm to the league.  I don't have a problem with anyone who didn't mock me for having a different opinion than them.

It's a FF league; getting "mocked" is to be expected. Notice how you mocked my finishing position last year. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-02-2021

(08-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sorry, I took you changing the league settings to the new roster as it being more than a "suggestion."

Not sure what your issue is with me, this buddy stuff is weird.

I went back, 3 people responded to bfines post about the changes, 2 agrees and a no objections before you chimed in.

You claim to want discussion but when the discussion was happening you decided to make it weird for some reason with the "buddy" shit and pointing out where people finished last season.

My response to you:

Quote:RB talent is scarce so change one to flex = Good

TE talent even more scarce so change to flex = Bad

Not sure I get your mindset here.

Show me where I came off aggressive, gaslighting or even agreeing with bfine in that reply. I guess having an opinion different than yours was the problem right?

This drama shits weird, we're playing in a free league for fun, relax.

(08-02-2021, 08:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have no problem with flexing the TE spot, and though I wouldn't advocate it myself, in the end that is the commissioner's call, bfine is the boss; but I do not fully agree with the presented conclusion in that article.

For sure, the three top TEs will probably score more than the following ones, but it's not like it's only those three and a bunch of total scrubs afterwards.

Eg. you have Henry and Jonnu Smith with the Pats, Noah Fant, Irv Smith did a whole lot at the end of last season, there's Hockenson, Pitts might be an intriguing option, Mark Andrews isn't exactly rubbish, there's Thomas, Gronk, OJ Howard will be back, Tonyan, Gesicki, that aren't total duds. Of course, if you draft TE later on, you won't get one that is just as good as the top options, but that is true for pretty much every other position too. That is what draft strategy is all about, assessing where drafting players has the most value.

On the other hand, when taking the presented opinion to its conclusion you could argue just flexing every position due to a dropoff at some point.

And though that's not my cup of tea, the Mantooth reaction possibly was not really relatable in its intensity, but I'm not throwing any stone in that regard. Happens to all of us at times, imho, hence I'd be in favor of burying all hatchets and let this thing just slide without much fuzz.

Yes, but he's a magnanimous boss. 

As to flexing the TE; it seems folks are of the "I'll deal with it" mentality. So it seems we'll roll with TE.

Now for my latest suggestion: add a long snapper. 1 point for every successful longsnap. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-03-2021

(08-02-2021, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but he's a magnanimous boss. 

As to flexing the TE; it seems folks are of the "I'll deal with it" mentality.

I am. Whatever Your Magnanimousness decides, I'm fine with it. My commish has my support. Even with long snappers.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-04-2021

I was just added to Bengal Fantasy League, and I Thank the E Mails and such getting me in.

I am using team name : Kevin-BengalsFan1968 which is what I use in posts. So far Paul Browns picture.

I've tried some Mock Drafts. I can't say I agree with the Grades Yahoo gives out. They have their way of building a team, and I have mine. I never did go by what CBS Fantasy, ESPN Fantasy or Yahoo Fantasy so called experts suggest anyway. I know the players I am trying to get and back-up plans if they are off the board. CBS, ESPN and Yahoo all rank the players different, so it is not an exact science. I know the type players that I like to start a Fantasy Football Season with. It all depends on where you get to draft, first, middle or last. First better be one heck of a pick because you don't pick again until close to round 3. I'm practicing on the short time, Yahoo gives you only a few seconds to pick when it is your turn, so I better have some in the que ready to go.

I have played in many leagues, so I can play by any rules. It's as they say in football, don't complain about the weather, both teams had to play on the same field.

So looking forward to my first year in Bengals Fantasy League. I'll try to be competitive. I have some players to draft that might be flying under the radar, so Yahoo Mock thinks my picks are bad. We will see. Hey, if they don't pan out, there is always the Free Agent Pool during season. As you get to the last parts of the draft, it's all a crap shoot, and I'm sure my later round ideas are different from who the Yahoo, ESPN or CBS say to pick in late rounds.

The only thing I promise in The Draft is that I will not take a kicker in Round One. Other than that, Anything Goes. I would love to have all 3 Bengals WR's except they would all have the same bye week, but me thinks I end up with one of them at some point. Should Be Fun. Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 03:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I was just added to Bengal Fantasy League, and I Thank the E Mails and such getting me in.

I am using team name : Kevin-BengalsFan1968 which is what I use in posts.  So far Paul Browns picture.

I've tried some Mock Drafts. I can't say I agree with the Grades Yahoo gives out. They have their way of building a team, and I have mine. I never did go by what CBS Fantasy, ESPN Fantasy or Yahoo Fantasy so called experts suggest anyway.  I know the players I am trying to get and back-up plans if they are off the board.  CBS, ESPN and Yahoo all rank the players different, so it is not an exact science.  I know the type players that I like to start a Fantasy Football Season with.  It all depends on where you get to draft, first, middle or last. First better be one heck of a pick because you don't pick again until close to round 3.  I'm practicing on the short time, Yahoo gives you only a few seconds to pick when it is your turn, so I better have some in the que ready to go.

I have played in many leagues, so I can play by any rules.  It's as they say in football, don't complain about the weather, both teams had to play on the same field.

So looking forward to my first year in Bengals Fantasy League. I'll try to be competitive.  I have some players to draft that might be flying under the radar, so Yahoo Mock thinks my picks are bad.  We will see. Hey, if they don't pan out, there is always the Free Agent Pool during season. As you get to the last parts of the draft, it's all a crap shoot, and I'm sure my later round ideas are different from who the Yahoo, ESPN or CBS say to pick in late rounds.

The only thing I promise in The Draft is that I will not take a kicker in Round One. Other than that, Anything Goes. I would love to have all 3 Bengals WR's except they would all have the same bye week, but me thinks I end up with one of them at some point. Should Be Fun.  Tiger

Welcome aboard, what are your thoughts on TE? 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-04-2021

I'd vote to lose one of the W/T flex and roll with the rest. It would be the same count as the standard 1QB - 2RB - 2WR - 1TE - 1Flex - 1Defense - 1 Kicker league with extra flex options.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-04-2021

(08-04-2021, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I'd vote to lose one of the W/T flex and roll with the rest. It would be the same count as the standard 1QB - 2RB - 2WR - 1TE - 1Flex - 1Defense - 1 Kicker league with extra flex options.

For all the talk we've had about changes, wouldn't it be hilarious if we just end up with a standard draft and the same position lineup as last year? Hilarious