Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-17-2021

(08-17-2021, 12:47 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm new to this league. I've never been in a league where you get to pick you draft spot. Yahoo doesn't show a spot to choose it.  So someone explain where and how we do this.  I would take 2 or 7 or any spot in the draft.  I'm set up, it looks like. You are saying something left to do on picking a draft spot.  Yahoo doesn't have a place to do that, not that I see.  I NEED MORE INFO GETTING STARTED IN THIS LEAGUE AND DRAFT.  Looks like some others do also. 

See remaining choices below, just choose one and it has a draft spot attached. Don't get to actually choose spot outright, just a way of randomizing picks.

(08-17-2021, 01:06 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'll take Hermoor.

Baldr

Bragi-10

Forseti

Freyr-4

Heimdallr-9

Hermoor - 7

Meili

Njord-3

Saxnot-12

Ullr-6

Vali-11

Vidarr-5

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-17-2021

(08-17-2021, 09:11 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: See remaining choices below, just choose one and it has a draft spot attached. Don't get to actually choose spot outright, just a way of randomizing picks.

Baldr

Bragi-10

Forseti

Freyr-4

Heimdallr-9

Hermoor - 7

Meili

Njord-3

Saxnot-12

Ullr-6

Vali-11

Vidarr-5

So basically kevin, your choices are between:

Baldr

Forseti

Meili

Each of them has a draft number assigned to it.  So as of right now those are your choices left.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-17-2021

Damnit Vas, this is your Ass Commish job, slacker!

[Image: giphy.gif]

I am beginning a campaign to impeach our Ass Commish, and replace him with Bobby boy. And I might add, I have had a little too much, fun, with my coffee this morning.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-17-2021

(08-17-2021, 09:41 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I am beginning a campaign to impeach our Ass Commish, and replace him with Bobby boy. And I might add, I have had a little too much, fun, with my coffee this morning.

Now you have to explain what an ass commish is tiger. Have fun cleaning up that mess.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-17-2021

Should I go Burrow or Chase with pick #5 in our fantasy draft?

(08-17-2021, 10:02 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Now you have to explain what an ass commish is tiger.  Have fun cleaning up that mess.

Handily, for sure.

(08-17-2021, 12:33 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Should I go Burrow or Chase with pick #5 in our fantasy draft?

Either one would be solid.   Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-17-2021

OK. I'll take Baldr

and I'll message Charles The Commish that I want Baldr

and I hope that gets me a Draft Pick.

OK, I messaged Bfine32 Charles The Comish to just give me Baldr

I hope that completes the process. I can see getting into The Draft is going to be harder than The Draft for me as a New Member.

(08-17-2021, 09:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So basically kevin, your choices are between:

Baldr

Forseti

Meili

Each of them has a draft number assigned to it.  So as of right now those are your choices left.

Thanks....I messaged Bfine32 the Comish to please just give me Baldr....and I posted it on here....

Again, I hope THAT completes the process. 

Nothing against Forseti or Melli, they sound like good Italian food Norse Gods. The Bald guy at the top of list works. Bald like Mike Brown, why not. I see John Brannen who took Northern Kentucky Norse to their first NCAA trips is kind of a Norse God. still, he is not on the list, so I take the Bald guy.

I Want BALDR.....Go Baldy.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-17-2021

(08-17-2021, 02:04 PM)kevin Wrote: OK.  I'll take Baldr

and I'll message Charles The Commish that I want Baldr

and I hope that gets me a Draft Pick.

Baldr - 2

Bragi-10

Forseti

Freyr-4

Heimdallr-9

Hermoor - 7

Meili

Njord-3

Saxnot-12

Ullr-6

Vali-11

Vidarr-5

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-17-2021

Ill take Meili? not sure of spelling but M works for McNeil. Been out of the loop. Work,Tropical storms, and bad internet service. I told you guys that I was in. Its not like it's my first year doing FF with you guys. Looking forward to it! And, looks like we may win a couple of games this year...Thank God!.. The Bengals, I mean. Not sure how this FF season will play out? Can go South real quick, just ask Bfine about his tyeam last season.

(08-17-2021, 03:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ill take Meili? not sure of spelling but M works for McNeil. Been out of the loop. Work,Tropical storms, and bad internet service. I told you guys that I was in. Its not like it's my first year doing FF with you guys. Looking forward to it! And, looks like we may win a couple of games this year...Thank God!.. The Bengals, I mean. Not sure how this FF season will play out? Can go South real quick, just ask Bfine about his tyeam last season.

Baldr - 2

Bragi-10

Forseti

Freyr-4

Heimdallr-9

Hermoor - 7

Meili - 1

Njord-3

Saxnot-12

Ullr-6

Vali-11

Vidarr-5

1 - coachmcneil71
2 - kevin
3 - BobJones4980
4 - hollodero
5 - TecmoBengals
6 - Synric
7 - Bengal Dude
8 - bfine32
9 - HarleyDog
10 - Vas Deferens
11 - SladeX
12 - Tiger Teeth

Looks like that's the final order, if I got something wrong let me know and I'll change it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-17-2021

(08-17-2021, 04:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: 1 - coachmcneil71
2 - kevin
3 - BobJones4980
4 - hollodero
5 - TecmoBengals
6 - Synric
7 - Bengal Dude
8 - bfine32
9 - HarleyDog
10 - Vas Deferens
11 - SladeX
12 - Tiger Teeth

Looks like that's the final order, if I got something wrong let me know and I'll change it.
Thanks to everyone for chiming in. Looks good. I'll update the league

(08-17-2021, 03:42 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ill take Meili? not sure of spelling but M works for McNeil. Been out of the loop. Work,Tropical storms, and bad internet service. I told you guys that I was in. Its not like it's my first year doing FF with you guys. Looking forward to it! And, looks like we may win a couple of games this year...Thank God!.. The Bengals, I mean. Not sure how this FF season will play out? Can go South real quick, just ask Bfine about his tyeam last season.
Looks like you will get 1 or 8....I just got in at 2, so it says....So I will get one of the best RB's on board at 2, have to at 2.  Now who I get at 23 and 26 is another story. Depends who is on The Draft Board.  Then a wait to 47 and 50.  That is finger crossing time. So will be 71 and 73.  I won't get all the players I want, but I'll take who I can live with as my best players. and then fill in my Depth as we go.   You kind of liked my Baseball draft Coach McNeil, on mid to late rounders.  I kind of know the players that I think I can get up to last round. I've did over 12 Yahoo Mock Drafts and some CBS Mocks, in fact I already have 2 teams.  A CBS Team called PILOTS after my High School, and an ESPN Team called HULK to use their Hulk image, and both Drafts over, and I got the type players I was after.  I have some interesting last round pick choices of names.

On doing the Yahoo Mocks, I don't care what Draft rating Yahoo gives me.  I know who I want. Yahoo doesn't know any more than we do.  So them grading a F or D or C or B or A, how do they know.  I'm for just sticking with your gut, and taking who you like, not who Yahoo likes. 

Good Luck to everybody in The Draft.  I'll be honest, I never watched Thanksgiving Football until in Fantasy, If I end up with some Key Players going Thanksgiving, I'll be more into it. 

There is some running back named Henry that I will have to consider at 2. At least that would give me one good RB, even if the draft gives me chopped liver at RB depth as we go. No reason for me to hide that. If Henry goes in 1, then I take one of the other top RBs. At 2, I would be foolish to do otherwise. I look for round one to be mostly Running Backs, and Kelce at TE, and some top WR's like Hill. Round 2 is when the surprises start happening.

For those who don't believe in Norse Mythology: After everyone picked, your humble Commish was left with Forseti:

Link

Quote:Forseti (Old Norse "the presiding one", "president" in modern Icelandic and Faroese)

(08-17-2021, 04:42 PM)kevin Wrote: Looks like you will get 1 or 8....I just got in at 2, so it says....So I will get one of the best RB's on board at 2, have to at 2.  Now who I get at 23 and 26 is another story. Depends who is on The Draft Board.  Then a wait to 47 and 50.  That is finger crossing time. So will be 71 and 73.  I won't get all the players I want, but I'll take who I can live with as my best players. and then fill in my Depth as we go.   You kind of liked my Baseball draft Coach McNeil, on mid to late rounders.  I kind of know the players that I think I can get up to last round. I've did over 12 Yahoo Mock Drafts and some CBS Mocks, in fact I already have 2 teams.  A CBS Team called PILOTS after my High School, and an ESPN Team called HULK to use their Hulk image, and both Drafts over, and I got the type players I was after.  I have some interesting last round pick choices of names.

On doing the Yahoo Mocks, I don't care what Draft rating Yahoo gives me.  I know who I want. Yahoo doesn't know any more than we do.  So them grading a F or D or C or B or A, how do they know.  I'm for just sticking with your gut, and taking who you like, not who Yahoo likes. 

Good Luck to everybody in The Draft.  I'll be honest, I never watched Thanksgiving Football until in Fantasy, If I end up with some Key Players going Thanksgiving, I'll be more into it. 

There is some running back named Henry that I will have to consider at 2.  At least that would give me one good RB, even if the draft gives me chopped liver at RB depth as we go.  No reason for me to hide that.  If Henry goes in 1, then I take one of the other top RBs.  At 2, I would be foolish to do otherwise.

#2 Can be tricky. Especially given the injury history of the top backs. 

Now all that left is setting a draft time? (And day.)