Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-27-2021

After sleeping on it, my team doesn't look so bad to me. Plus, I know what I have to do. Just like in baseball. 2020 was a strange covid year in baseball and football. So it was hard to draft 18 rounds, because these NFL teams really don't know yet either. No preseason in 2020 and so far most NFL teams have not used their starters in preseason yet. Now this last preseason week, we are suppose to see some starters. I think my best bet is to wait and see what happens in NFL this last preseason week and also first couple weeks of regular season. Just as covid threw baseball way off at start of 2021 season, it is throwing football way off at start of 2021 season. All because 2020 was not much in Pros and no minor league baseball in 2020, no NFL preseason in 2020, and college football was way off in covid 2020. So that leaves too many unknown factors going into Fantasy Drafts in August. September might showcase players none of us drafted, and still in Free Agent Pool. Covid did throw everything off with cardboard fans, limited play, and young players in baseball minors or football college lost a year. Just as baseball is now seeing the young guys come along, NFL will have new stars rising also. As they rise, our rosters will fill out.

I feel by Week 2 or 3 of NFL season we will have a better handle on who we did well on drafting, who we did bad on, which undrafted free agents are the new NFL stars. For now, my picks look OK, and I can go into wait and see mode. My 3 QBs, I really have no idea which one has the best 2021, Allen stands out, but it's hard to catch lightning in a bottle 2 years in a row, as Fantasy Owners have told me in past. Lawrence or Tua could put up better numbers in Florida than Allen in Buffalo. Same with my double down on Defense ad Kickers. I know I have to make some moves to get more pass catchers, but it is too early for me to make any moves. I need more, because after all this covid, I don't know and really the NFL doesn't know. Build it and they will come, New players still in Free Agency Mode will have a chance to put up numbers once teams start playing for real.

I think I could make one Free Agency move AFTER they play this last preseason week. I'm thinking one of my last RB picks for a Pass Catcher WR or TE. So I now have some preseason to follow on which RB to drop, and which pass catcher to add. That one move may be all I need until we get some regular season played.

I'll add covid is the unknown factor on Bengals also. Bengals may have a better team than we know. I think 2019 Super Bowl Chiefs and Super Bowl Tom Brady had an advantage to teams like Bengals having no preseason in 2020. Once things get back to more normal, we could see a changing of the guard in The NFL, and BENGALS may just be one of the Tough New Young Teams on The Rise. Tampa went with old guys like Raiders use to, but that Window Of Opportunity slams shut real fast on teams that build with old guys as Tampa did. I saw that Window slam on Raiders too many times, and throw them right back into fast total rebuild. Bengals Youth Movement could produce a good team for years to come.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-27-2021

OK, BANG...I see the Free Agent Move that I have to make, and it isn't dumping a RB. I would never carry 2 Kickers. I only drafted a 2nd because time was running out on a late pick.

So anybody who feels they got shorted on Kicker, The Super Bowl Tampa kicker will be in Free Agency any day now. Don't worry about him off a few days under covid watch, that happens to all players now and then. He will be good to go Opening Day. I have 2 very good Kickers, which is one too many. I'm just going to dump him back into Free Agency Pool, a steal for a team that doesn't like the kicker they got. I'll grab a Free Agent pass catcher that I need for Depth. It's a Win / Win. Plus, If later I need a kicker, there are other kickers. I don't need 2 of the best on my same team.

That Tampa Kicker Succop should hit Free Agency as soon as it lets us do that. ....Right, I don't need 2 Kickers. He was a running out of time on the clock pick. I may be dropping the wrong Kicker, but I'll keep Miami's and drop Super Bowl Tampa's. I liked both going into the draft, but never planned on drafting both.

So Tampa Kicker Succop will be a Free Agent as soon as Free Agent pool opens this weekend.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-27-2021

Kevins so confident he's telling us all his moves before he even makes em, and is basically telling all the teams with sorry kickers that he has so much talent on his team that somebody can take one of his.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-27-2021

kevin is the #AdamShefter in our league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-27-2021

My team is trash. I have a gimp RB in Barkley and rookie RB in Harris. Those are the horses carrying my squad.

Draft was fun though, good luck as we get the season underway.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 02:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My team is trash. I have a gimp RB in Barkley and rookie RB in Harris. Those are the horses carrying my squad.

Honestly feel about the same, although last year I felt great after the draft and ended up 11th so who knows.  Hilarious

Pretty sure the added starters and bench spots are the reason though, those last 4-5 rounds felt like rummaging through the trash.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 03:04 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Honestly feel about the same, although last year I felt great after the draft and ended up 11th so who knows.  Hilarious

Pretty sure the added starters and bench spots are the reason though, those last 4-5 rounds felt like rummaging through the trash.

Truth about the last rounds. I decided to draft players that were good in fantasy football about 8 years ago like Big Ben and Randall Cobb.

Yahoo gave us draft grades:

Draft Grades
Tiger's Maulers A
Holmescreek Houndizzles A-
TecmoBengals B
HarleyDog B
Krazy Kangaroos B
Poppie's Flying Wolv B
BobJones4980 C+
Sho'Nuff C
Kermit's Nose Kandy C
URINALCAKE C
Amelia Molitor C-
KevinBengalFan1968 D

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-27-2021

(08-27-2021, 05:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yahoo gave us draft grades:

Draft Grades
Tiger's Maulers A
Holmescreek Houndizzles A-
TecmoBengals B
HarleyDog B
Krazy Kangaroos B
Poppie's Flying Wolv B
BobJones4980 C+
Sho'Nuff C
Kermit's Nose Kandy C
URINALCAKE C
Amelia Molitor C-
KevinBengalFan1968 D

Lol I don't trust those grades at all. Harley autodrafted like 4 TEs...

(08-27-2021, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol I don't trust those grades at all. Harley autodrafted like 4 TEs...

Draft Grades from last year : 

• Sho'Nuff

• [Image: Aplus_grade@3x.png?v=1]

• BobJones4980

• [Image: A_grade@3x.png?v=1]

The two highest graded drafts, that's the 11th and 12th place teams after the season.  Hilarious

Those grades are useless.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-28-2021

(08-27-2021, 02:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My team is trash. I have a gimp RB in Barkley and rookie RB in Harris. Those are the horses carrying my squad.

#askkevinforadvice

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-28-2021

Shine up my trophy!
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...1300920193]
[Image: USATSI_15142719.jpg]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-28-2021

Scary shit, huh?

(08-27-2021, 07:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Draft Grades from last year : 

• Sho'Nuff

• [Image: Aplus_grade@3x.png?v=1]

• BobJones4980

• [Image: A_grade@3x.png?v=1]

The two highest graded drafts, that's the 11th and 12th place teams after the season.  Hilarious

Those grades are useless.

This year might be different.  The guy with the highest draft grade is PROBABLY going to be the Champion.  Just sayin'...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-28-2021

(08-27-2021, 11:14 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Kevins so confident he's telling us all his moves before he even makes em, and is basically telling all the teams with sorry kickers that he has so much talent on his team that somebody can take one of his.
No, not that at all.  

Just saying that I ended up with one kicker too many.  Tampa Kicker Succop will be back in the Free Agent Pool Sunday Morning.  I saw no reason not to share this. Some team may have wanted this kicker last round. 

I lose nothing by saying he will be back in Free Agent Pool Sunday. If some other team wanted him, he will be there. 

It was a draft mistake on my part. The clock was running out on me. I took 2 good kickers earlier than normal, and I don't need 2 Kickers. Nobody needs 2 Kickers.  I am trying to be nice and say he will be a Free Agent tomorrow morning.  Somebody out there may have wanted this guy in the draft.  Most Mock Drafts have him going early to somebody. I just have no use for 2 Kickers, and that was a Draft Error on my part. 

Now if nobody wants him, that's fine to.  I'm dropping him for a pass catcher.  I have to.  Nobody needs 2 Kickers. 

So Succop is back in Free Agency Sunday Morning, if anybody wanted him in the draft. I see no reason to hide this info like a poker game. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-28-2021

(08-28-2021, 03:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Shine up my trophy!
[Image: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig...1300920193]
[Image: USATSI_15142719.jpg]

If you had not taken Mahomes, I would have a few spots behind you.  But I knew drafting 2nd that Mahomes might not make it to pick 23, so I had Allen as my back-up plan, and Lamb with pick 26 if he was there. ....Yes, I would have loved to have grabbed Mahomes and Lamb, but Allen and Lamb not bad after long wait after Pick 2 in Round 1. .....Still, You got the QB that I wanted.  I like your picture of him throwing sideways if he has to, and in baseball he was a Shortstop, and Shortstops can make all kinds of throws. ...I had Lamb rated high because Collinsworth likes him, and that's good enough for me. Adding Thielen in next batch to Lamb was more than I hoped for.

Mahomes is often the top Fantasy Point scorer, so yes, I envy you getting Mahomes. Back to Back Super Bowls says it all. Plus Andy Reid runs a Great Offense, We can put Andy Reid up there with Paul Brown and others on Great Offense. Mahomes is great, but he is also in a great offense. Great Pick By You.

(08-28-2021, 04:09 PM)kevin Wrote: If you had not taken Mahomes, I would have a few spots behind you.  But I knew drafting 2nd that Mahomes might not make it to pick 23, so I had Allen as my back-up plan, and Lamb with pick 26 if he was there. ....Yes, I would have loved to have grabbed Mahomes and Lamb, but Allen and Lamb not bad after long wait after Pick 2 in Round 1. .....Still, You got the QB that I wanted.  I like your picture of him throwing sideways if he has to, and in baseball he was a Shortstop, and Shortstops can make all kinds of throws. ...I had Lamb rated high because Collinsworth likes him, and that's good enough for me. Adding Thielen in next batch to Lamb was more than I hoped for.

Mahomes is often the top Fantasy Point scorer, so yes, I envy you getting Mahomes. Back to Back Super Bowls says it all. Plus Andy Reid runs a Great Offense, We can put Andy Reid up there with Paul Brown and others on Great Offense. Mahomes is great, but he is also in a great offense. Great Pick By You.

Thanks kevin.  But you're making hard to trash talk.   Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-28-2021

(08-28-2021, 04:32 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Thanks kevin.  But you're making hard to trash talk.   Hilarious

I will admit Kelce would have been a great pick if we still had a required TE spot. Throw in receivers in a W/T position though, Kelce only finished fourth. Diggs, for example, was ahead of him. Ridley and Hopkins were only 30 points behind.

At the same time, Mahomes was only QB4 and he did not get any additional weapons to ensure he will be QB1 this year around. Murray, for example, was ahead of him. Saying in summary, a Murray/Hopkins combo was way cheaper to draft and might be just as effective as this Mahomes-Kelce duo.

I for one think you overdrafted both of them and hence your celebrating your picks seems a bit misplaced.

Is that trashy enough for you?

(08-28-2021, 04:53 PM)hollodero Wrote: I will admit Kelce would have been a great pick if we still had a required TE spot. Throw in receivers in a W/T position though, Kelce only finished fourth. Diggs, for example, was ahead of him. Ridley and Hopkins were only 30 points behind.

At the same time, Mahomes was only QB4 and he did not get any additional weapons to ensure he will be QB1 this year around. Murray, for example, was ahead of him. Saying in summary, a Murray/Hopkins combo was way cheaper to draft and might be just as effective as this Mahomes-Kelce duo.

I for one think you overdrafted both of them and hence your celebrating your picks seems a bit misplaced.

Is that trashy enough for you?

Actually, that went beyond trash talk man.  That just plain hurt.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-28-2021

All I know is my Wide Receiver group is badass.... if it was 6 years ago.