Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 10-27-2015

Average scoring through 7 weeks:

1. Eddie's Cheeseburgers- 151.2 (5-2) *** still kinda pissed I lost the last 2 games by a combined 10 points
2. Toast Jones- 135.5 (6-1) *** best record in the league
3. Eat my Balls (djs)- 129.2 (5-2)
4. urinalcake (Vas Deferens)- 120.6 (3-4)
5. Johnny's Toys- 119.4 (3-4)
6. Harley Dog- 116.2 (5-2)
7. Tiger's Teeth- 114.9 (4-3)
8. Double Dwayne Bowe (Bengal Dude)- 110.9 (3-4)
9. High Quality H2O (ExtraRadiohead)- 108.4 (1-6)
10. Sunset's Sweethearts- 106.5 (3-4)
11. Hugh G. Rection (bfine) 100.8 (2-5)
12. Wolf's Pack (wolfkaosun)- 100.7 (2-5)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, how does this work?

It works exactly how it was stated in his question.  Pick two players before next season to keep...the rest go back into the draft, and you draft as usual.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, how does this work?

From what I understand, the smarter managers like to hold onto their defense and kicker, and then shuffle the deck by drafting new skill players.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 10:47 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It works exactly how it was stated in his question.  Pick two players before next season to keep...the rest go back into the draft, and you draft as usual.

Biggest question here is where do you keep those players?  Most leagues I play in with keepers, they assigned to 1 pick higher than where you made them in the previous season and that pick is then skipped for that player.  Also means you generally cannot keep your first round players, but we could change that.

E.G.  You take AJ Green 2nd round 2015.  To keep him in 2016, you would give up your 1st round pick.

Or we could just have the players automatically on the squad and do the draft as usual, essentially making your keepers your last 2 picks.

WHAT SAY YOU?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 10:47 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It works exactly how it was stated in his question.  Pick two players before next season to keep...the rest go back into the draft, and you draft as usual.

I understand that part, I just don't know how you physically do it?  Is there somewhere to click on the players or something?  And no, I'm not drunk.  (It's too early.)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 03:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Biggest question here is where do you keep those players?  Most leagues I play in with keepers, they assigned to 1 pick higher than where you made them in the previous season and that pick is then skipped for that player.  Also means you generally cannot keep your first round players, but we could change that.

E.G.  You take AJ Green 2nd round 2015.  To keep him in 2016, you would give up your 1st round pick.

Or we could just have the players automatically on the squad and do the draft as usual, essentially making your keepers your last 2 picks.

WHAT SAY YOU?

What if you want to keep a player that you picked up off of waivers and was never drafted?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 04:54 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I understand that part, I just don't know how you physically do it?  Is there somewhere to click on the players or something?  And no, I'm not drunk.  (It's too early.)

Yes, there is a way to 'physically' 'click' on a 'radio button / check box' next to the 'player' you want to keep.  That will come at the end of the year, you drunk.

Way to sneak that one out last night too btw.  Horse shit.

(10-27-2015, 06:01 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: What if you want to keep a player that you picked up off of waivers and was never drafted?

Usually you can only keep players that were drafted, either by you or you traded for mid-season but initially drafted by someone.  Anyone who was picked up or hit waivers is ineligible for keeper status.  

This is all conjecture until Johnny Colitis ways in with his final decision.  Hell of a Commissioner, letting this stuff go this long.  Can we impeach and install Coach McNeill now?  He would have been on top of this shit.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 06:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Way to sneak that one out last night too btw.  Horse shit.

Pulled that right outta' my ass didn't I.   Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 10-28-2015

Hey johnny crampycunts? Can we get a little clarification here? Have some people interested in mortgaging their future for a 1 time win and the trophy I made for the 1st place winner. (ill have to scratch out Stacy McNeil from the plaque, but it plays)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 11-06-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Hey johnny crampycunts? Can we get a little clarification here? Have some people interested in mortgaging their future for a 1 time win and the trophy I made for the 1st place winner. (ill have to scratch out Stacy McNeil from the plaque, but it plays)

....*cricket*....

Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - djs7685 - 11-06-2015

With the trade deadline approaching, this would be excellent information to have.

Mr. Cupcakes, could you please go into some more detail about the keepers in this league?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 11-06-2015

you know he's read this a couple of times.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-06-2015

I vote for auction draft next year

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I vote for auction draft next year

that would make the keeper situation much easier.  could we include $ in trades this year to be used in next yrs draft?  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 11-06-2015

This is how keepers will work:

Everyone will pick two of their own players to keep, and one of Vas Deferens'....except for VD, who has to draft an entirely new shitty team.

Really, I don't know how keepers work. This is my first time doing it, and I only did it because brine suggested it and everyone liked the idea. I thought that you could just keep a couple players from this year's final roster, and go about business as usual. If that's not how it works, then enlighten me, oh enlightened ones.

you guys just tell me what you want to happen, and we can make it happen, as long as enough people agree.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 08:17 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is how keepers will work:

Everyone will pick two of their own players to keep, and one of Vas Deferens'....except for VD, who has to draft an entirely new shitty team.

Really, I don't know how keepers work.  This is my first time doing it, and I only did it because brine suggested it and everyone liked the idea.  I thought that you could just keep a couple players from this year's final roster, and go about business as usual.  If that's not how it works, then enlighten me, oh enlightened ones.

you guys just tell me what you want to happen, and we can make it happen, as long as enough people agree.

I'm fine with having 1 or 2 keepers. Maybe you lose the draft pick from the round (or the round below?) that the player was drafted in the year before? I don't have any keeper league experience so I hardly have a clue of how it works just throwing out ideas.

I'm not opposed to a complete redraft either.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 11-10-2015

League is getting pretty interesting. Shake and DJS had a helluva matchup for first place, with DJS coming from behind. Both scored over 140. DJS has gone from 0-2 to 7 straight wins and 1st place.

I barely beat Urinalcake in a decent matchup in the 130's. Harley Dog with a nice 140 + and another win. 3 teams at 7-2 now. Shake at 6-3, but with the most points. 1 team at 5-4. And 4 teams at 4-5.

4 weeks till the playoffs. Best of luck to everyone.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 11-10-2015

I lost? Wow, thought I had that one wrapped up. My team has scored 185 more points (20.6 per game) than the 2nd best scoring team (DJS), yet I've somehow managed to lose 3 games. The recap said I'd be 88-11 if I played every team, every week. I should be dominating, but I've had some pretty poor luck with some close losses.

It's been a pretty entertaining league though. I'd say 8 teams have a realistic shot at the playoffs.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - djs7685 - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 04:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: League is getting pretty interesting.  Shake and DJS had a helluva matchup for first place, with DJS coming from behind.  Both scored over 140.  DJS has gone from 0-2 to 7 straight wins and 1st place.

I barely beat Urinalcake in a decent matchup in the 130's.  Harley Dog with a nice 140 + and another win.  3 teams at 7-2 now.  Shake at 6-3, but with the most points.  1 team at 5-4.  And 4 teams at 4-5.

4 weeks till the playoffs.  Best of luck to everyone.

Not to mention all the injuries piling up. I've lost Keenan Allen and Dion Lewis in back to back weeks now. Big time fantasy players like Foster, Bell, Charles, Smith Sr., and Roethlisberger have been banged up or to the IR.

This week did have some great matchups, I thought I was done for once Lewis went down, but Bennett and Langford went off on MNF for me.

I think Shake definitely has the best team in the league despite the 6-3 record. His entire team is just stacked with guys that are threats to hit 20-30 or even more points each week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 05:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Not to mention all the injuries piling up. I've lost Keenan Allen and Dion Lewis in back to back weeks now. Big time fantasy players like Foster, Bell, Charles, Smith Sr., and Roethlisberger have been banged up or to the IR.

This week did have some great matchups, I thought I was done for once Lewis went down, but Bennett and Langford went off on MNF for me.

I think Shake definitely has the best team in the league despite the 6-3 record. His entire team is just stacked with guys that are threats to hit 20-30 or even more points each week.

Thanks, but obviously anything can happen. I actually had a similar team last year in the "other" board league:

Aaron Rodgers
Leveon Bell
Arian Foster
Alshon Jeffery
DeAndre Hopkins
Kelvin Benjamin
Justin Forsett (flex)

That team was putting up 150+ most weeks, yet I lost in the first round because pretty much all of these guys decided to have their worst week of the year (or close to it) all at once. As for the injuries, losing Bell was huge for me, but thankfully I had some depth with DeAngelo Williams and Doug Martin. Players have been dropping like flies the last 2-3 weeks.