Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-05-2021

Our league transaction page is pretty comical. Basically one team drops a scrub RB and another rushes to pick that RB up. Fast forward, the team drops the scrub RB and someone else grabs them up again. The Ravens triple headed RB disaster and Jets RBs especially contribute to this cycle.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Our league transaction page is pretty comical. Basically one team drops a scrub RB and another rushes to pick that RB up. Fast forward, the team drops the scrub RB and someone else grabs them up again. The Ravens triple headed RB disaster and Jets RBs especially contribute to this cycle.

It's because everybody is rostering about 40 players with this huge lineup/bench so if any little scrap gets dropped people go crazy.  Hilarious

I mean I got Jordan Howard and Donta Foreman rostered and it's 2021, sad group on the waiver wire.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-05-2021

(11-05-2021, 03:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: It's because everybody is rostering about 40 players with this huge lineup/bench so if any little scrap gets dropped people go crazy.  Hilarious

I mean I got Jordan Howard and Donta Foreman rostered and it's 2021, sad group on the waiver wire.

I've added and dropped Devonta Freeman at least three or four times this year. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 11-05-2021

Emotional tampons, all of you!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-06-2021

(11-05-2021, 01:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Our league transaction page is pretty comical. Basically one team drops a scrub RB and another rushes to pick that RB up. Fast forward, the team drops the scrub RB and someone else grabs them up again. The Ravens triple headed RB disaster and Jets RBs especially contribute to this cycle.

In losing Henry to IR, I had to make RB moves in what we have of Free Agency.  The pickings were slim. I did not want to waste a Waiver spot on any of them.  So after Wednesday waivers the pickings were even more slim.  So I took a Raven RB that has been getting carries. Then I took Bell after bye week in case Ravens work him in more and a Ravens RB who got carries early in season.  So yes, 3 Ravens RBs in hopes one of them gets some carries.  This done early Wednesday morning after waivers had ended.  Not really the 3 that I had wanted.  So after a few hours I reconsidered. The 2 Tampa RBs are doing better than Bell or the last Ravens RB that I took. Jones and Bernard were just better add ons, and maybe there because of Tampa bye week.  Bell has done nothing so far and Williams does little. So I dumped those 2 Ravens, also with Murray coming back to Ravens.  I added Tampa Jones and Bernard who do more, and if Fournette would get injured, they would get even more action, but they are putting up good Free Agent numbers now.  The Tampa bye week matters little, since Henry is probably out for the season.  I may get some help in Barkley maybe not back yet, because I have Giants back-up getting playing time.  I also have Denvers top rookie pick RB.  

Now none of these replace Henry, but I'm doing what I can due to his injury.  Yes, the Free Agent list is limited, but RB's are always hard to get in season no matter what Fantasy League I've been in over the years.  I'm willing to play by any rules and I have no problems how this League is structured. Had Henry NOT went on IR, I would have not been scrambling to add RBs.  So I did add a Raven RB Freeman putting up good weeks lately, and 2 Super Bowl Tampa RBs Ron Jones and Gio Bernard putting up good numbers.  None of them are first round draft picks, but there are no first round draft pick RBs in Free Agency. With Henry injured, I made some moves and feel I added the 3 best RBs that were left in free agency as of Wednesday. 

I do have a #3 waiver spot still, so IF an NFL RB breaks out in free agency, I am sandbagging that waiver spot for any good RBs that start to have a good second half of season in free agency.   LeVon Bell name does not make up for the fact he has done little lately, and neither has Ty Williams, so I quickly decided the 2 Tampa RBs on Bye Week would be better adds than Ravens bottom of the bucket RBs, At This Time.  I could add that LeMar Jackson does much of Ravens running, and that is not the case with Tom Brady of Tampa.

Again, Henry getting injured forced moves of desperation.   But I don't Quit.  I'm trying to win some weeks, without Henry. This is how it should be, because when people QUIT in Fantasy Leagues, they hand out easy Wins that ruin it for others in The League.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 12:48 AM)kevin Wrote: In losing Henry to IR, I had to make RB moves in what we have of Free Agency.  The pickings were slim. I did not want to waste a Waiver spot on any of them.  So after Wednesday waivers the pickings were even more slim.  So I took a Raven RB that has been getting carries. Then I took Bell after bye week in case Ravens work him in more and a Ravens RB who got carries early in season.  So yes, 3 Ravens RBs in hopes one of them gets some carries.  This done early Wednesday morning after waivers had ended.  Not really the 3 that I had wanted.  So after a few hours I reconsidered. The 2 Tampa RBs are doing better than Bell or the last Ravens RB that I took. Jones and Bernard were just better add ons, and maybe there because of Tampa bye week.  Bell has done nothing so far and Williams does little. So I dumped those 2 Ravens, also with Murray coming back to Ravens.  I added Tampa Jones and Bernard who do more, and if Fournette would get injured, they would get even more action, but they are putting up good Free Agent numbers now.  The Tampa bye week matters little, since Henry is probably out for the season.  I may get some help in Barkley maybe not back yet, because I have Giants back-up getting playing time.  I also have Denvers top rookie pick RB.  

Now none of these replace Henry, but I'm doing what I can due to his injury.  Yes, the Free Agent list is limited, but RB's are always hard to get in season no matter what Fantasy League I've been in over the years.  I'm willing to play by any rules and I have no problems how this League is structured. Had Henry NOT went on IR, I would have not been scrambling to add RBs.  So I did add a Raven RB Freeman putting up good weeks lately, and 2 Super Bowl Tampa RBs Ron Jones and Gio Bernard putting up good numbers.  None of them are first round draft picks, but there are no first round draft pick RBs in Free Agency. With Henry injured, I made some moves and feel I added the 3 best RBs that were left in free agency as of Wednesday. 

I do have a #3 waiver spot still, so IF an NFL RB breaks out in free agency, I am sandbagging that waiver spot for any good RBs that start to have a good second half of season in free agency.   LeVon Bell name does not make up for the fact he has done little lately, and neither has Ty Williams, so I quickly decided the 2 Tampa RBs on Bye Week would be better adds than Ravens bottom of the bucket RBs, At This Time.  I could add that LeMar Jackson does much of Ravens running, and that is not the case with Tom Brady of Tampa.

Again, Henry getting injured forced moves of desperation.   But I don't Quit.  I'm trying to win some weeks, without Henry. This is how it should be, because when people QUIT in Fantasy Leagues, they hand out easy Wins that ruin it for others in The League.

I wasn't knocking you, but rather laughing at the state of our league. Go look at my transaction history and you'll see me making similar moves on RBs. I think multiples teams have had Bell, Williams, etc.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-06-2021

Lost Devante Parker to IR. Big whoop, not even sure why I drafted him anyway. But if I can get through the next few weeks, I'm going to be healthy and you boys are in trouble. IE: Week 1!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-06-2021

I'm sure Tecmo remembers Week 1?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-06-2021

(11-06-2021, 08:50 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm sure Tecmo remembers Week 1?

Is there an anti-rep option?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-07-2021

(11-06-2021, 01:48 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wasn't knocking you, but rather laughing at the state of our league. Go look at my transaction history and you'll see me making similar moves on RBs. I think multiples teams have had Bell, Williams, etc.

I didn't think you were knocking me, just the state of free agency. 

So with Henry inured, I added RB's out of desperation. 

I still have Denver top rookie pick Williams and Giants Booker replacing Barkley for now.  I added Patriots Bolden and Ravens Freeman who have been good last three weeks. I added Tampa Ron Jones and Gio Bernard on Bye Week because Jones has rushed for yards and Gio has put up decent Fantasy Points, mostly weeks 3, 5 and 8.   I still have Henry on IR if somehow he comes back this season.  Without the quality of RB as Henry, I'm going with a quantity of RBs....I decided not to go with LeVon Bell who for a while has been all talk and no action. He averages 1 or 2 yards a carry, not Superstar Stats by any means.  Denver rookie Williams, Giants Booker, Patriots Bolden, Ravens Freeman, Tampa Jones and Gio Bernard all have upsides in a Running Back By Committee for now.   Denver Williams and Giants Booker start for me Today in week 9.  Week 10 might be different.  Yahoo giving points predictions is on top of who is being replaced or who is getting some playing time, so their prediction help a little. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 05:43 AM)kevin Wrote: I didn't think you were knocking me, just the state of free agency. 

So with Henry inured, I added RB's out of desperation. 

I still have Denver top rookie pick Williams and Giants Booker replacing Barkley for now.  I added Patriots Bolden and Ravens Freeman who have been good last three weeks. I added Tampa Ron Jones and Gio Bernard on Bye Week because Jones has rushed for yards and Gio has put up decent Fantasy Points, mostly weeks 3, 5 and 8.   I still have Henry on IR if somehow he comes back this season.  Without the quality of RB as Henry, I'm going with a quantity of RBs....I decided not to go with LeVon Bell who for a while has been all talk and no action. He averages 1 or 2 yards a carry, not Superstar Stats by any means.  Denver rookie Williams, Giants Booker, Patriots Bolden, Ravens Freeman, Tampa Jones and Gio Bernard all have upsides in a Running Back By Committee for now.   Denver Williams and Giants Booker start for me Today in week 9.  Week 10 might be different.  Yahoo giving points predictions is on top of who is being replaced or who is getting some playing time, so their prediction help a little. 

At various points this season I've also had all three Ravens RB and drafted Jones and Booker.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 10:38 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: At various points this season I've also had all three Ravens RB and drafted Jones and Booker.

Cry

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 11:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Cry

Probably want to sit this week out there little guy.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 02:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Probably want to sit this week out there little guy.

Ass Commish!!!

I had these milk cartoons made up for no reason:

[Image: milk-carton-missing-person-template-clipart-38.jpg]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-07-2021

Maybe I should have started Toney & his -.20 points instead of Moss & his -.30 points? Tough to second guess such moves.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-07-2021

(11-07-2021, 02:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Probably want to sit this week out there little guy.

I see you came outta your cave man.  Where you been hiding.  And I'm terribly sorry to be currently kicking your arse!

(11-07-2021, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ass Commish!!!

I had these milk cartoons made up for no reason:

[Image: milk-carton-missing-person-template-clipart-38.jpg]

[Image: Obama%20laughing.gif]

Thank you to whoever had James Conner at 1 time, and released him. Thank you so much.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-08-2021

An UGLY WIN, but I'll take it. Also, ALL of you will take it, because my team just beat Amellia Molitor that was in 1st Place in this League.

So that should bunch up many teams with the 6-2 team going to 6-3.

I really didn't think I would win with Josh Allen so bad, but Joe Burrow was worse for Molitor. As much as I wanted Bengals to win today, The Browns did my Fantasy Team a favor by shutting down Molitor having Burrow, Uzomah and Bengals Defense that all had rough days, as did my Bengals Boyd again.

Again, neither of us scored 100 points. Neither of us scored 90 points. A low scoring game of 85 to 74. I climb to 4-5 and not fall to 3-6. The big thing for the League is the 1st Place Team took a loss, so that should bunch up a log jam of teams around 1st Place.

I said I wasn't going to quit because Henry went down. An UGLY WIN, but still a Win.

Now, I'm not rubbing it in on Molitor, I wish I was 6-3 on the season and one of the 1st place teams like Molitor. My team was lousy, but sometimes you get lucky. I also caught Molitor with many Bye Week players off.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-08-2021

The ugliness of fantasy football happens tonight. For the real world, of course I want the Steelers to lose. For fantasy land, however, I need Harris to get 16 points. Dude needs a TD & 100 yards for me to get the W.