Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-03-2022

Fellows, unless Chubb scores 72 points tonight and my back Harris gets 0 points, it appears I am the 2021-2022 Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League winner.

I must note, I without a doubt knew I was winning the league. I never strayed from my winning mentality.  Hilarious

I appreciate Cooper Kupp and Ja'Marr Chase for carrying my team throughout the season and playoffs. Chase especially gets props for being the MVP in the championship game with 50.10 points.

[Image: cooper-kupp-jamarr-chase.jpg]

It is also worth noting an undrafted QB contributed to victory. That's right, my team was so much better than yours I didn't even need a real QB in the playoffs. Nice job, Taysom Hill.

[Image: taysom-hill-saints.jpg]

Finally, cheers are given to the god Vidar. Although his vengeance was felt with a wasted first round pick of Saquon Barkley, I cannot help but think he nudged my team to victory.

Remember, I am a winner and...

[Image: 200.gif]

Vidar demands tribute in the form of +reputation awarded for my championship.

This was a fun a league and fun thread. I will play again next year so I can repeat as champion!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 11:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fellows, unless Chubb scores 72 points tonight and my back Harris gets 0 points, it appears I am the 2021-2022 Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League winner.

I must note, I without a doubt knew I was winning the league. I never strayed from my winning mentality.  Hilarious

I appreciate Cooper Kupp and Ja'Marr Chase for carrying my team throughout the season and playoffs. Chase especially gets props for being the MVP in the championship game with 50.10 points.

[Image: cooper-kupp-jamarr-chase.jpg]

It is also worth noting an undrafted QB contributed to victory. That's right, my team was so much better than yours I didn't even need a real QB in the playoffs. Nice job, Taysom Hill.

[Image: taysom-hill-saints.jpg]

Finally, cheers are given to the god Vidar. Although his vengeance was felt with a wasted first round pick of Saquon Barkley, I cannot help but think he nudged my team to victory.

Remember, I am a winner and...

[Image: 200.gif]

Vidar demands tribute in the form of +reputation awarded for my championship.

This was a fun a league and fun thread. I will play again next year so I can repeat as champion!

Congrats Tecmo.  You can be optimistic now bro.  It's all yours!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2022

It's official, I'm the 2021 Fantasy Champion - 199.38 points scored in the final. I'll be back to defend for the '22 season.

[Image: 4NA.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 01-04-2022

TECMO WINS 2021 SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP

His main strength in The Play-Offs was he had the 2 Hottest Receivers in Football. KUPP and CHASE. Kupp put up over 40 points against me in the Play-Offs. Chase put up over 50 points against Kermit in Championship. Tecmo nailed it on drafting 2 WR's that would put up amazing points through the Play-Offs. Others were stronger at QB, but his QB's put up enough. Battling through covid and injuries as all teams were, Tecmo managed to put up almost 200 points in the Super Bowl. Just about all his starters put up over 10 points. Chase huge game against the Chiefs was over 50 points right there. Besides putting up almost 200 points, Tecmo had over 70 points to spare on a very solid bench. So as some of us drafted RB and QB, in the end it was Tecmo drafting Kupp and Chase that Dominated the Play-Offs.

Rams KUPP and Bengals CHASE on the same Fantasy Team was a combo of WR's that Nobody was going to beat in Play-Offs.

Congrats to TECMO on Championship

Good season by everybody

Congrats to our CINCINNATI BENGALAS beating Chiefs and winning AFC NORTH to secure a Play-Off Game in THE JUNGLE. So we are all Happy over Chase big games. With Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, Mixon, Perine, Sample and a good Defense, our BENGALS are ready for The Play-Offs. If they can beat the back to back Super Bowl Chiefs, they are HOT enough to Beat Anybody. This team is better than 2005 or 2009 or 2011 to 2015. Teams would double team Chad or Green in The Play-Offs. They can't double team Chase. Just as the 1981 Super Bowl team had Curtis, Collinsworth, Verser, Ross, Pete Johnson and too many to double team any one player, so is Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzonmah and Mixon. Anderson or Burrow to throw the ball. Chad or Green would get double or triple teamed in play-offs, and there is the difference. If teams would double down on Chase, the others would score very easy. The most weapons since the 1981 Super Bowl Bengals. I know, I've seen all Bengals since 1968.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's official, I'm the 2021 Fantasy Champion - 199.38 points scored in the final. I'll be back to defend for the '22 season.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-04-2022

See everybody out on the board as we march on! And I hope to see all of you start gathering here around late summer. Now, let's go cheer our team!
Who Dey

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 10:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's official, I'm the 2021 Fantasy Champion - 199.38 points scored in the final. I'll be back to defend for the '22 season.

Come on man. You couldn't squeeze out another .62?  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2022

(01-04-2022, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on man. You couldn't squeeze out another .62?  Ninja

I messed up and played Howard from the Eagles at RB who netted just under 3 points. Meanwhile, I had three RBs on my bench who scored 15 to 20+ points. Interesting note, even if I didn't have Chase and his 50 points, I still would have won the game.

(01-04-2022, 02:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I messed up and played Howard from the Eagles at RB who netted just under 3 points. Meanwhile, I had three RBs on my bench who scored 15 to 20+ points. Interesting note, even if I didn't have Chase and his 50 points, I still would have won the game.

I did that in the semis and it cost me. I kept Gordon in as my flex instead of swapping him for Singletary and needed 21 combined from Kamara and Geseki in that Monday night game and they both bombed. Then i ended up scoring 180 in the consolation game, easily more than the guy that won it.  Sad

I had Burrow, Chase and Jefferson carrying me all year and i was #1 with a bullet all year. Just goes to show you how fickle FF can be.  Hilarious

To make it even more funny, i missed out on the playoffs by 5 points (my nephew was playing the guy seeded right in front of me in the last week and he lost by 4.something--12 team league and the top 4 make it) in the other league i manage between co-workers and family. I then proceeded to outscore everyone that made it, 161 and 143. So that's 2 imaginary titles i have this year.  Mellow

(01-04-2022, 02:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I did that in the semis and it cost me. I kept Gordon in as my flex instead of swapping him for Singletary and needed 21 combined from Kamara and Geseki in that Monday night game and they both bombed. Then i ended up scoring 180 in the consolation game, easily more than the guy that won it.  Sad

I had Burrow, Chase and Jefferson carrying me all year and i was #1 with a bullet all year. Just goes to show you how fickle FF can be.  Hilarious

To make it even more funny, i missed out on the playoffs by 5 points (my nephew was playing the guy seeded right in front of me in the last week and he lost by 4.something--12 team league and the top 4 make it) in the other league i manage between co-workers and family. I then proceeded to outscore everyone that made it, 161 and 143. So that's 2 imaginary titles i have this year.  Mellow

I completely agree, luck is necessary as the FF gods are fickle. My top picks were terrible for the most part: Barkley, Waller, and Lamar. I got lucky in the playoffs with Kupp and Chase having big games at the right time. The Bengals Board was a fun league to participate in and I hope to play again next season.

(01-04-2022, 02:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on man. You couldn't squeeze out another .62?  Ninja

That's plain cold.
Hilarious
Knock it off, he's FINALLY got some optimism!

Why don't you tell bfine to put you on the list if we have an opening?  One of these wusses will back down.  Unfortunately.

(01-04-2022, 02:41 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Why don't you tell bfine to put you on the list if we have an opening?  One of these wusses will back down.  Unfortunately.

To be honest...i almost considered shutting down the 2 i manage. I've been doing it for about 15 years and the grind of making sure people are still in and paying attention, setting up the draft, etc, was getting to be a real pain and i've considered just not playing at all for a couple years. I ramped them up and considered doing a 12 team "straight up" with 6 making the playoffs, like you guys do (i think?) but didn't pull the trigger. Our format is 3 four team divisions with the division winner and one WC making it. 

That and considering the Bengals burnout i have now, i don't know...we'll see how i feel next year. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761169155657f69012044f...y.gif&ct=g]

Some tidbits from the Yahoo report for those desiring to part of my championship glory  Cool :

Quote:TecmoBengals beat predictions, knock off Kermit's Nose Kandy in 171.28-99.62 landslide
TecmoBengals rose to the occasion, rolling to a 171.28-99.62 victory over Kermit's Nose Kandy, who fell short of projections. There was very little drama in this matchup, as TecmoBengals took an 88.6-point lead early Sunday afternoon behind a combined 73.1 points from Ja'Marr Chase (11 Rec, 266 Rec Yds, 3 Rec TDs) and Devin Singletary (110 Rush Yds, 2 Rush TDs). Aaron Rodgers (20.32 points) and Josh Jacobs (16) were the top performers for Kermit's Nose Kandy in the loss. This marks the first time this season TecmoBengals have knocked off Kermit's Nose Kandy, after falling 126.26-117.78 in their last matchup. TecmoBengals end the season with a record of 11-6, while Kermit's Nose Kandy finish the campaign at 10-7.

Quote:Matchup Player of the Week
Chase (11 Rec, 266 Rec Yds, 3 Rec TDs) scored 50.1 points in a 34-31 win over the Chiefs in Week 17. His scoring output nearly quadrupled his 12.63-point projection and was much higher than his 15.32-point season scoring average.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-06-2022

What does the waiting list for this league look like right now?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-06-2022

(01-04-2022, 02:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: To be honest...i almost considered shutting down the 2 i manage. I've been doing it for about 15 years and the grind of making sure people are still in and paying attention, setting up the draft, etc, was getting to be a real pain and i've considered just not playing at all for a couple years. I ramped them up and considered doing a 12 team "straight up" with 6 making the playoffs, like you guys do (i think?) but didn't pull the trigger. Our format is 3 four team divisions with the division winner and one WC making it. 

That and considering the Bengals burnout i have now, i don't know...we'll see how i feel next year. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761169155657f69012044f...y.gif&ct=g]

(01-06-2022, 12:36 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: What does the waiting list for this league look like right now?

The HOF boy, and the OG Commish added to the League. We're lookin locked up right now I think, but that always changes. Would love a "crack" at your 2 young tushes.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 12:36 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: What does the waiting list for this league look like right now?

There always 1-2 bailers when we start getting it together.

Edit: Also, rumor has it Tigerteeth may be out next year with the bird flu. Seems like he's been eating a lot of crow.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 07:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: There always 1-2 bailers when we start getting it together.

Edit: Also, rumor has it Tigerteeth may be out next year with the bird flu. Seems like he's been eating a lot of crow.

Boy, you just never quit do you?  You should be on after the evening news, right in Prime Time.  Late Night With The Dog!  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-07-2022

Quick reminder...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 05:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Quick reminder...

I got the first overall pick, so who really won?