Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

Expanding to a 14 team league with 2 divisions of 7.

Limit the scoring positions. Last year we just had too many (IMO)

2 "double header" weeks

Keeper Supplemental draft

let me know if you have any ideas to spice it up

I suggest bringing back the TE. I don't think we had too many scoring positions overall. The rest, fine with me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 06-18-2022

(06-17-2022, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You can trade any of your "keepers" for one released by another team. 

Example: Team A releases player A who they drafted in the 4th round. Player B can claim him for a 3rd. But they must release one of their keepers (if they kept 2).

I really like keepers and have even considered a "college keeper". Pick one college player and assign a value to him. 

Example:  Team A likes Smith-Njigba and outs a 3rd RD claim on him. At the end of the year if he wants him he forfeits his 3rd rounder. Of course Team B could jump in and place a 2nd rd claim. Of course we'd have a deadline line week 3 of the college season. 

Sounds interesting, how's the process of choosing gonna work? Mini draft? First come, first served? Waiver system based on standings?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 06-19-2022

I'm open to any changes. Keeper leagues are fun to play in. I just like competing so I'm down for whatever.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-19-2022

(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

Expanding to a 14 team league with 2 divisions of 7.

Limit the scoring positions. Last year we just had too many (IMO)

2 "double header" weeks

Keeper Supplemental draft

let me know if you have any ideas to spice it up

I'm all for Expansion to let in  2 more Bengal Fans to play, and the waiting list to join this League calls for it. 

However more teams call for less players per team.  Our draft went at least 2 rounds too long last year.  Longer than any normal NFL Fantasy Draft.  

I don't care if we have a TE spot or not.  More and more, many teams are only using the TE as a Blocker, even on passes.  So I'm not sure there are 14 pass catching TE's in the NFL.  So The TE / WR is good.  There are more pass catching WR's than TE's.  

So I humbly suggest letting in 2 more players for a 14 team League, but dumping the last 2 rounds of the Draft because it was too long for a 12 Team League.  We don't need 2 positions of TE/WR.  One is plenty.  We could dump a WR spot.  I forget how many WR/RB spots we had.  

Add 2 Players. 

Cut back the amount of players on Teams, thus cutting out the extra 2 Rounds of Draft we had.  We had one to many WR/ TE spots so drop one of those.  Then drop either a WR/ RB spot or a WR spot.   

That sounds good to me.  2 more Teams, but 2 less players on each team, and therefore a needed shorter draft.  I would say this would help free agency, but with 2 more teams, it won't help free agency, but it will help to field 2 more League teams.  

I have no problem with Keepers in The Draft, except it's not very fair to the 2 New Teams who have no 2021 players to keep.  Doesn't ESPN or YAHOO or whatever we are in have a List on NON TRADE PLAYERS we get Locked in on.  If so, adding more may be a problem.  Nothing like having injured players who are on the No Drop, No Trade List.  

I don't care about Keepers, either way is OK by me...However I am for adding 2 New Teams, but THAT certainly means we have to cut down the size of our teams and draft rounds by 2 players at the very least.  Our teams carry too many players, as you already said in saying maybe less players on each team.  At least 2 less players per team is needed if you are going to add 2 new teams.  Plus we all kind of agreed that last years draft was endless.  2 round too long, at least. 

I've went long on this typing as I think on it. Let me end by saying the best thing for the 2 New Team Added is for the rest of us to not have as many players as in 2021 when we carried huge rosters. So at least 2 less players per team. However I like TE/ WR because there just aren't many Kelce's out there. A good TE is worth having, but many NFL Teams in 2021 stopped passing to the TE going for blocking, and that kind of forces TE / WR. There just isn't that many TE's who get the ball that much anymore. I'm not sure there are 14 good TE's. Maybe 7, not 14. They get no Fantasy Points for Blocking, and that is the Fantasy problem. There are some great Blocking TE's, however they do our Fantasy Teams no good. So I like WR / TE as opposed to just TE. People are still going to draft Kelce. ....Just that we don't need so many WR/TE and One spot like this is plenty as we make room for 2 New Teams.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-19-2022

Let me update where we stand:

I've sent a PM to a couple of folks on the waiting list. If they want in we'll go to 14 teams in two 7 team divisions

The 2 new guys will be priority #1 and #2 in picking a "keeper" that was dropped. The rest will be waiver style based on how you finished last year.

I think we'll have 2 WRs and a 3rd WR/TE spot and the positions will be vastly limited. Early thoughts are:

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB, D, DEF. With 5 bench players and 2 IR

Will implement Double header weeks. One the week before byes start, one the week after byes end.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-20-2022

The 2 newest league members; unless anyone has objection are:

CloeHokie

Johnny Cupcakes

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-21-2022

(06-20-2022, 09:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The 2 newest league members; unless anyone has objection are:

CloeHokie

Johnny Cupcakes

Sounds good.  

Again, you were talking suggestions.  One was 2 new Members.  The other was cutting the size of our teams.  I think the 2 go hand in hand.  If the other 12 teams are reduced 2 players each, that opens 24 players to help accommodate the 2 New Player Teams.  Some talked about our draft being too many rounds last year.  We did have larger rosters than most Fantasy Leagues.   Eliminating 2 Draft Rounds will help the 2 New Teams, and it won't hurt the other 12 teams one bit.  We would still have the Injured List Spot to keep a key Injured Player.  If we don't reduce our Starting Roster, we could at least reduce our Bench Roster. I just think freeing up 24 NFL players to help add 2 new teams is needed. I'm willing to play with 2 less players on my team. At the very least we should go 1 less player and free up 12 NFL Players for the 2 new teams. I have no access to my 2021 team I had, but I'm sure I could play 2022 with 2 less players on my team.

Sounds good. 2 more teams for 2022 and a 14 team league.  

Tiger Tiger added to   Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger  Tiger 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 06-21-2022

Maybe I'm old school, but I like the idea of having a pure-TE only position and less hybrid options. That said, if I don't get my preference I also don't care. I'm good with whatever.

Time to defend my championship!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 06-21-2022

(06-21-2022, 09:49 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe I'm old school, but I like the idea of having a pure-TE only position and less hybrid options. That said, if I don't get my preference I also don't care. I'm good with whatever.

Yea well if I don't get my preference then I'm gonna rage out and quit the league so you guys best not even discuss something I might dislike! Sarcasm

But yea I'm good with two new members, don't really care for keepers but I can adjust. I'm also in favor of a TE spot being only TE. 

I actually prefer the classic roster layout of QB, RB,RB,WR,WR,TE, DEF, K. Especially with adding even more players to the league. Already picking up trash near the end of the draft with 12 so no need to make it worse.

But yea as usual I can roll with anything.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-21-2022

(06-21-2022, 05:18 AM)kevin Wrote: Sounds good.  

Again, you were talking suggestions.  One was 2 new Members.  The other was cutting the size of our teams.  I think the 2 go hand in hand.  If the other 12 teams are reduced 2 players each, that opens 24 players to help accommodate the 2 New Player Teams.  Some talked about our draft being too many rounds last year.  We did have larger rosters than most Fantasy Leagues.   Eliminating 2 Draft Rounds will help the 2 New Teams, and it won't hurt the other 12 teams one bit.  We would still have the Injured List Spot to keep a key Injured Player.  If we don't reduce our Starting Roster, we could at least reduce our Bench Roster. I just think freeing up 24 NFL players to help add 2 new teams is needed. I'm willing to play with 2 less players on my team. At the very least we should go 1 less player and free up 12 NFL Players for the 2 new teams. I have no access to my 2021 team I had, but I'm sure I could play 2022 with 2 less players on my team.

Sounds good. 2 more teams for 2022 and a 14 team league.  

Tiger Tiger added to   Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger  Tiger 
Once I open the league; you'll have access to last year's team
(06-21-2022, 09:49 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe I'm old school, but I like the idea of having a pure-TE only position and less hybrid options. That said, if I don't get my preference I also don't care. I'm good with whatever.

We will have to put this to a vote. i can see how it would affect draft strategy drastically. 
(06-21-2022, 10:56 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea well if I don't get my preference then I'm gonna rage out and quit the league so you guys best not even discuss something I might dislike! Sarcasm

But yea I'm good with two new members, don't really care for keepers but I can adjust. I'm also in favor of a TE spot being only TE. 

I actually prefer the classic roster layout of QB, RB,RB,WR,WR,TE, DEF, K. Especially with adding even more players to the league. Already picking up trash near the end of the draft with 12 so no need to make it worse.

But yea as usual I can roll with anything.

There will definitely be fewer spots. I like what you have there, but may prefer for the TE to be a TE/WR...don't quit yet; I'm not disapproving your suggestion; I'm just recommending the league vote..

As to the new members. Cloe and JC were in the league on the mothership and JC actually started this league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 06-23-2022

Quick Link to team rosters as of week 17 last season.

Pretty sure that info is correct for final rosters, if anything seems off Ill check back, figured it would be nice to have so everyone can see keepers on their team as well as options from other teams if we end up going that route.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-23-2022

(01-28-2022, 11:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: PM bfine32, he's the Commish.  Mention the discount code OLDBULLZ and get moved up 2 spots.  Lmao  Seriously though, he has the list of interested members.

Haven't heard from you lately "Master Mocker" and you know nothing about the Old Bull. As to QC, you're next in line.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-23-2022

Good to be back in the league after a 4-5 year hiatus. I hope you all enjoyed these last few years when you actually had a chance at winning the chip.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-24-2022

(06-21-2022, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Once I open the league; you'll have access to last year's team
We will have to put this to a vote. i can see how it would affect draft strategy drastically. 

There will definitely be fewer spots. I like what you have there, but may prefer for the TE to be a TE/WR...don't quit yet; I'm not disapproving your suggestion; I'm just recommending the league vote..

As to the new members. Cloe and JC were in the league on the mothership and JC actually started this league.

Here is why I go along with your TE / WR.   The TE for Dallas was good last year, but many games they only used him as a Blocker.  The TE for 49ers of course is good, but many games they only use him as a Blocker, and he is fine with that.  More and more, the TE is going back to being just a Blocker on Runs and an extra blocker on pass plays on many NFL Teams.  So the upside to your TE / WR position is a team can be lucky enough to draft a Kelce, but there really are not 14 good TE's in the NFL anymore. There are no Blocking Points.   So it gives the option of drafting a Kelce type or a WR, which is better for the draft since there are very few Kelce types.  

So more and more NFL Coaches are using the TE as just an extra O Lineman and many games these coaches TE never get a pass thrown to them.  Since there are no points for blocking in Fantasy, I think your TE / WR spot makes sense.  Much better than whoever drafts Kelce may have the only good points at that position over the season. 

Also to League Manager : Besides adding 2 players, you have asked us about cutting down size of teams or roster spots. I am for it because we are adding 2 more teams. I'll try to explain why.

I went on a site a fellow member just posted and I saw our 2021 rosters. 18 Players plus an IL spot makes 19 for each team.

Then I did a Yahoo Mock Draft of a 14 team league. 15 Players plus 1 IL makes 16.

So we are running 3 players per team over an average Yahoo Fantasy League, and that was with 12 teams.

Now Yahoo Regular has a TE, we had a WR/TE, that evens out.

Where we go over is we carried a WR / RB and 2 of WR/ RB / TE. Regular Yahoo only carries one WR/ RB / TE.

We also go over on Bench. We carried 7 Bench Players. Regular Yahoo has 6 Bench Players.

So here is my suggestion to help in adding 2 more teams and still having a Free Agent Pool worth anything when teams have major injuries, so that it all isn't just about Draft Day. To free up players for 2 new teams, I'll suggest not the 18 we Draft or the 15 regular Yahoo Draft, but 16. That is 2 players less per team than last year and 1 more player than regular Yahoo Fantasy.

I think the easiest way to reach a 16 round draft is eliminate one of two WR / RB / TE spots or keep both of them and eliminate WR / RB which Yahoo doesn't have as a position. Also eliminate one of the Bench spots and carry 6 instead of 7 as regular Yahoo Fantasy does.

WHY ? : Because adding 2 teams creates a need for 30 more players drafted Yahoo way, and 36 more players drafted our way. The math doesn't add up because our Free Agency Pool was weak anyway due to 18 player teams plus an IL spot.

So last year we carried in a 12 team league 216 players not including IL. This year in a 14 team league we will carry 252 players not including IL. Basic Math shows that 216 to 252 is a major increase. HOWEVER cutting back 2 players per team shows we are only increasing from 216 players to 224 players. We save our Free Agency Pool a little, and we are still One More Player per team than the average Yahoo League. Simply by Eliminating either WR / RB or one of the two WR/ RB / TE spots. Also Eliminating one of the Bench Spots. We would still have One more Starting Player Each than regular Yahoo Fantasy, and the same 6 player Bench as Yahoo Fantasy. Plus the IL.

So you have mentioned adding 2 new teams and maybe cutting down the size of our teams. I agree and the Math proves you to be correct. If we go from 216 to 252 players, any team with an injury might as well quit in mid season, because there isn't going to be much left in Free Agency. If each of us reduce by 2 players each, we only go up from 216 players to 224, and that ain't bad.

So I repeat that I was all for the 2 new teams.
I agree that reducing team sizes is needed and we were all 3 players more than regular Yahoo
So I am willing to give up 2 roster spots to help add the new teams and help the League as a whole.
I really don't care on TE, but I like WR/TE simply because many NFL teams are throwing less to the TE, more as blockers.

I know this went long, but it's hard to explain all this in a one sentence sound bite. I could say to add teams we must reduce team rosters, but that doesn't explain the WHY or give any suggestion HOW. By dumping one starting spot and one bench spot, we save Free Agency, and anybody getting injuries is going to be glad we saved Free Agency. We don't need an 18 round draft, 16 rounds would be plenty. Regular Yahoo only has 15 rounds, do a Mock Draft and see. If we jump from a 216 player league to 252 players, there will be nothing but garbage in Free Agency, and that is bad for all 14 teams. Going from 216 to 224 players isn't so bad, and we save Free Agent Pool, which injuries are going to force a need for.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 06-24-2022

(06-23-2022, 07:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Quick Link to team rosters as of week 17 last season.

Pretty sure that info is correct for final rosters, if anything seems off Ill check back, figured it would be nice to have so everyone can see keepers on their team as well as options from other teams if we end up going that route.

I'm guessing it's a bad idea for me to keep my fantasy champion winning QB, Taysom Hill.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 06-24-2022

(06-23-2022, 11:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Good to be back in the league after a 4-5 year hiatus. I hope you all enjoyed these last few years when you actually had a chance at winning the chip.

I'm 1/1 for and intend to go 2/2 for winning it all.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 06-24-2022

What up!? Last time I was in one of these on the boards Denny drafted the entire Bengals team. Lmao. A bit of an interesting line up with only 1 RB. But with 14 ppl makes sense.

What site do you use? Yahoo? ESPN? CBS?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 06-24-2022

(06-23-2022, 11:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Good to be back in the league after a 4-5 year hiatus. I hope you all enjoyed these last few years when you actually had a chance at winning the chip.

Cute. But I came with you so just go ahead and retire. This is like Bruce Gradkowski announcing his comeback alongside Tom Brady. 

(06-24-2022, 01:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: What up!? Last time I was in one of these on the boards Denny drafted the entire Bengals team. Lmao. A bit of an interesting line up with only 1 RB. But with 14 ppl makes sense.

What site do you use? Yahoo? ESPN? CBS?

Yahoo

Now a fun question.  In a very early Yahoo Mock Drafts, I am seeing the Bengals Kicker gone near the end of the mock drafts and even in the middle of the mock drafts.  People are taking the Bengals Kicker McPherson early in the Draft.  I think he is good, but is he THAT good.  Is he worth a Top Pick on.  Myself, I would like to have him, but I can always get a Kicker near the end of the draft.  Would any of you take him in the early rounds of a draft.  Is McPherson THAT good ??? People are indeed drafting him very early. He must have made a HUGE name for himself in The Play-Offs and Super Bowl.