Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-24-2022

(06-24-2022, 11:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm guessing it's a bad idea for me to keep my fantasy champion winning QB, Taysom Hill.  Hilarious

You even used Big Ben, who is gone.  Hey, you won by having Super Bowl WR's Kupp and Chase.   Yahoo says in mock drafts so far, many are now taking QB near last.  Maybe everybody heard about you Tecmo winning with whatever QB was in the Free Agent scrap heap each week.  

Talking QBs, How good is Mahomes going to be without Hill.  How good is Hill going to be at Miami without Mahomes.  It Do Change Things. The Magic KC had may be gone.  We will see.  The Raiders and Chargers may be on the rise in the AFC West.  Players going to other teams, that does not always work out well in The NFL.  Mahomes and Hill had something special in Fantasy Points, but now it is gone.  Bengals however still have Burrow to Chase and Higgins and Boyd. With blocking that makes them still tough. I don't see The Rams or 49ers falling apart in 2022. The Chiefs though will not be the same team. I don't think they can replace Hill. I also don't see Hill being as good at Miami without Mahomes.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 06-24-2022

I think you should all draft kickers early and often

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-24-2022

(06-24-2022, 03:55 AM)kevin Wrote: Also to League Manager :   Besides adding 2 players, you have asked us about cutting down size of teams or roster spots.  I am for it because we are adding 2 more teams.  I'll try to explain why.

I went on a site a fellow member just posted and I saw our 2021 rosters.  18 Players plus an IL spot makes 19 for each team.  

Then I did a Yahoo Mock Draft of a 14 team league.  15 Players plus 1 IL makes 16.

So we are running 3 players per team over an average Yahoo Fantasy League, and that was with 12 teams.  

Now Yahoo Regular has a TE, we had a WR/TE, that evens out.

Where we go over is we carried a WR / RB and 2 of WR/ RB / TE.   Regular Yahoo only carries one WR/ RB / TE.

We also go over on Bench.  We carried 7 Bench Players.  Regular Yahoo has 6 Bench Players.

So here is my suggestion to help in adding 2 more teams and still having a Free Agent Pool worth anything when teams have major injuries, so that it all isn't just about Draft Day.  To free up players for 2 new teams,  I'll suggest not the 18 we Draft or the 15 regular Yahoo Draft, but 16.   That is 2 players less per team than last year and 1 more player than regular Yahoo Fantasy.

I think the easiest way to reach a 16 round draft is eliminate one of two WR / RB / TE spots or keep both of them and eliminate WR / RB which Yahoo doesn't have as a position.  Also eliminate one of the Bench spots and carry 6 instead of 7 as regular Yahoo Fantasy does.  

WHY ? :  Because adding 2 teams creates a need for 30 more players drafted Yahoo way, and 36 more players drafted our way.  The math doesn't add up because our Free Agency Pool was weak anyway due to 18 player teams plus an IL spot.  

So last year we carried in a 12 team league 216 players not including IL.   This year in a 14 team league we will carry 252 players not including IL.   Basic Math shows that 216 to 252 is a major increase.  HOWEVER cutting back 2 players per team shows we are only increasing from 216 players to 224 players.  We save our Free Agency Pool a little, and we are still One More Player per team than the average Yahoo League.  Simply by Eliminating either WR / RB or one of the two WR/ RB / TE spots.  Also Eliminating one of the Bench Spots.   We would still have One more Starting Player Each than regular Yahoo Fantasy, and the same 6 player Bench as Yahoo Fantasy.  Plus the IL.  

So you have mentioned adding 2 new teams and maybe cutting down the size of our teams.  I agree and the Math proves you to be correct.  If we go from 216 to 252 players, any team with an injury might as well quit in mid season, because there isn't going to be much left in Free Agency.   If each of us reduce by 2 players each, we only go up from 216 players to 224, and that ain't bad.

So I repeat that I was all for the 2 new teams.
I agree that reducing team sizes is needed and we were all 3 players more than regular Yahoo
So I am willing to give up 2 roster spots to help add the new teams and help the League as a whole.
I really don't care on TE, but I like WR/TE simply because many NFL teams are throwing less to the TE, more as blockers.

I know this went long, but it's hard to explain all this in a one sentence sound bite.  I could say to add teams we must reduce team rosters, but that doesn't explain the WHY or give any suggestion HOW.  By dumping one starting spot and one bench spot, we save Free Agency, and anybody getting injuries is going to be glad we saved Free Agency. We don't need an 18 round draft, 16 rounds would be plenty. Regular Yahoo only has 15 rounds, do a Mock Draft and see. If we jump from a 216 player league to 252 players, there will be nothing but garbage in Free Agency, and that is bad for all 14 teams.  Going from 216 to 224 players isn't so bad, and we save Free Agent Pool, which injuries are going to force a need for.
For the new members who don't "Speak Kevin" yet:

He's in favor of 14 teams, a TE/WR flex, and 15 round draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-25-2022

(06-24-2022, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For the new members who don't "Speak Kevin" yet:

He's in favor of 14 teams, a TE/WR flex, and 15 round draft.

No, that's wrong.   We had an 18 round draft last year.  I'm suggesting cutting back to a 16 round draft.  

We each give up 2 players to add the 2 new teams and still save Free Agency.  

I would suggest dropping either the WR / RB spot OR one of the WR/ RB / TE spots.  We drop one starting spot and one Bench spot. 

We would still have 1 more starting spots than a regular Yahoo League and the same Bench spots as a regular Yahoo League.  

The League Manager mentioned adding 2 teams and maybe cutting back roster sizes.  I think they go hand in hand 

Again, it's the Math. Last year we had 216 drafted players with 18 rounds. Adding 2 Teams would make it 252 drafted players. If we only draft 16 rounds, it's 224 drafted players and we save our Free Agency Pool so it isn't pure garbage all season. Injuries and Bye Weeks create a need for all 14 teams to want a decent Free Agent Pool.  

Now if the League Manager has changed his mind on cutting rosters, I'm fine with an 18 Round Draft.  Just nobody count on any Free Agency Help if we go from drafting 216 players to drafting 252 players.  However if the League Manager is still looking for a way to cut rosters, I suggest again dropping one starting spot and one bench spot and drafting 16 rounds. 

I only mentioned these suggestions because the League Manager mentioned 2 new teams and maybe cutting rosters and he asked for opinions or suggestions from us. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 06-25-2022

(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

Expanding to a 14 team league with 2 divisions of 7.

Limit the scoring positions. Last year we just had too many (IMO)

2 "double header" weeks

Keeper Supplemental draft

let me know if you have any ideas to spice it up

Here it is.  Limit The Scoring Positions and adding 2 teams.  Let me know if you have any ideas. 

I'm suggesting we had a WR / RB spot and 2 WR / RB / TE spots.  We drop one of the three and reduce 7 bench players to 6 bench players.  

Going from 18 rounds to 16 rounds 

So I agree with the League Manager on limiting scoring positions.  Going from 12 teams to 14 teams will ruin Free Agency if we don't drop at least 2 draft rounds.  Again going from 216 players to 252 players, but 16 rounds keeps us at 224 players.  That would save Free Agent Pool for all 14 teams, and injuries and bye weeks happen. 

I agree with this idea to add teams but also limit scoring positions.  I'm suggesting 1 less scoring position and 1 less bench spot.  That still leaves us with 10 scoring positions and 6 bench spots and one IL

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 06-26-2022

[Image: sign-drink.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-26-2022

(06-24-2022, 04:50 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think you should all draft kickers early and often

Remembering your teams from years ago, this absolutely sounds like a strategy that you’d go with. It was always like you were tanking for next year’s first overall pick.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 06-27-2022

(06-26-2022, 08:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Remembering your teams from years ago, this absolutely sounds like a strategy that you’d go with. It was always like you were tanking for next year’s first overall pick.

So one less owner for me to worry about during my quest to build a dynasty?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 06-27-2022

(06-26-2022, 08:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Remembering your teams from years ago, this absolutely sounds like a strategy that you’d go with. It was always like you were tanking for next year’s first overall pick.

You can't have enough kickers. Lmao. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-28-2022

(06-27-2022, 09:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So one less owner for me to worry about during my quest to build a dynasty?

Well, don’t count on that.

I’m happy for you being able to get your chip last year, but don’t get used to it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-09-2022

(06-27-2022, 05:23 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: You can't have enough kickers. Lmao. 

I'm thinking of Drafting Ex Bengals Kickers Bullock and Elliott in Rounds 1 and 2, because nobody is expecting it.  I will fool everybody with these picks and lock down these 2 Ex Bengals Kickers for the season.  I might even draft another kicker in Round 3.  As you say, you can't have enough kickers.  Bullock in Round 1, that is my pick and I will ruin it for all those who planned on drafting Bullock. That will be my Bull Lock in Round 1 and he will be mine, no other team can get him. If Jake Elliott is still there in Round 2, even better. I'll grab them both so nobody else can have them. Though in other places they may play, they will always be WHO DEY.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-18-2022

I just saw on Yahoo. Our Live Draft is Thursday August 25th at 7:00 PM

So that means I will have to keep an eye on THIS site to Pick whatever is used to get a spot in The Draft. You won't see it on Yahoo, I discovered that last year. Soon we will be having to read our League Managers post on here and make a Pick of whatever that is used to find each of us a Draft Spot. It's a key thing to look for on here. As I remember last year, teams that weren't on here doing the Draft Pick thing could have been replaced by another team player, or so it sounded.

So be looking on here for the League Managers post on how to get a Draft Spot for August 25th. I think last year we choose Greek Gods or something. Each one had a pre hidden Draft Position. I was confused at first, but I figured it out and got a Draft Spot. This year it will probably be something else. Yes, it beats people fighting over Pick 5 in the middle. Just like the gangster movie where the bald head guy gives out names like Mister Pink, Mister Blue, because if the gangsters picked they would all be fighting to be Mister Black.

Really there are no bad draft positions, it all evens out. Anyway, The Draft Time on Yahoo is Set. So be looking on This Site for The League Managers Draft post. You will not see it on Yahoo, only here.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-21-2022

Just wanted to touch base with everyone. Starting 01 AUG 22 I will be posting in here much more as we look the open the season. Unfortunately, it looks like we might be losing one of our most active players. I'll leave the spot open until 07 AUG 22 to see if he's back on board, but if not I'll start looking for a replacement.

We'll have lots to discuss once we're "Open for Business". I do ask if you're a returning member reply to this email with an "I'm in". Because if all who are scheduled to return are not active; I'll thin the herd.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-21-2022

(07-21-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to touch base with everyone. Starting 01 AUG 22 I will be posting in here much more as we look the open the season. Unfortunately, it looks like we might be losing one of our most active players. I'll leave the spot open until 07 AUG 22 to see if he's back on board, but if not I'll start looking for a replacement.

We'll have lots to discuss once we're "Open for Business". I do ask if you're a returning member reply to this email with an "I'm in". Because if all who are scheduled to return are not active; I'll thin the herd.

I'm in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-21-2022

(07-21-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to touch base with everyone. Starting 01 AUG 22 I will be posting in here much more as we look the open the season. Unfortunately, it looks like we might be losing one of our most active players. I'll leave the spot open until 07 AUG 22 to see if he's back on board, but if not I'll start looking for a replacement.

I'm in.

Also sucks to lose Tiger Teeth, hopefully things get better for him and we can get him back in here sometime in the future.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-21-2022

(07-21-2022, 07:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm in.
Glad to have u back

(07-21-2022, 08:39 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm in.

Also sucks to lose Tiger Teeth, hopefully things get better for him and we can get him back in here sometime in the future.

U2 

MeToo

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 07-21-2022

I'm in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 07-21-2022

(07-21-2022, 08:39 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm in.

Tiger should have won last year. He just got unlucky in the Semi-Finals vs Me. I should have never been in thr finals with my crap roster.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Bengal Dude - 07-22-2022

I'm in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-22-2022

I'M IN

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Still so happy Bengals not only finally on in the Play-Offs for first time in 30 years, but went all the way to Super Bowl. They beat Ravens and play-off Steelers twice. They beat play-off Raiders twice. A tough play-off win at Tennessee against the good Titans Defense. They beat play-off Kansas City twice who had won the AFC a few years in a row. They played the LA Rams in LA tough, and that was a Home Game for LA, it sure wasn't played in Cincinnati. Bengals have most of that team returning including Super Bowl Defense, with some improvements hopefully on O-Line in Free Agency. So Bengals should pick up right where they left off and be a great team. The coaches I think are back, no losses like they year we lost Zimmer.

So it should be a great Fantasy Season and also another great Bengals season. I love how Bengals beat Baltimore twice. Baltimore coach puts everybody on the line to stuff the run, so Bengals coaches simply had Burrow throw and there was nobody back to keep Bengals receivers from going over 50 yards for touchdowns. Bengals coaches were smart, I've seen that work against Paterno or Woody Hayes over stacking to stuff the run, you just throw over all those defenders on the line. It's how Miami beat the 1985 Bears rushing everybody, Marino picked them apart. Bengal Coaches out smarted Ravens Coaches. I hope Ravens keep doing it, Bengals Coaches know how to beat it. It was funny to see all the Ravens up on the D Line, Burrow pass, and nobody back to keep Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah from going all the field for pretty easy scores. On first down and the entire defense is up to stuff Mixon, throw the ball, it's an easy touchdown.

I see a flaw in my Fantasy Draft last year. I had to pick at #2, which means you don't pick again until late 2 and early 3. I see my draft mistake in those first 3 picks. I won't say what it was, but I see it now. The same mistake could happen at any spot in the draft, early or late. I won't say what it was, but I see what I did wrong in the first 6 rounds of last years draft. It's clear to me what I did wrong, and it limited me second half of season. The end of our draft, we go a few extra rounds. I also want to have my team in the first 13 rounds, because the rounds after that are scrub players you can't count on. Not much worth drafting after round 13. Auto-Pick might be as good as anything after round 13. I have did a few Mocks on Yahoo and I now have a system that works OK if I pick at #1 or #7 or last at #14. Going at #2 took me by surprise, and I made a huge mistake with my draft, I can see that now. I can't say what that mistake was, but it was a big mistake by me.