Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-22-2022

(07-21-2022, 10:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm in.
Great
(07-22-2022, 01:36 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm in.
The only dude that has been in League Board longer than me
(07-22-2022, 10:27 AM)kevin Wrote: I'M IN

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
Welcome back K

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-23-2022

(07-22-2022, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great
The only dude that has been in League Board longer than me
Welcome back K

Thank You.  You run a great league.  Bengals Fans know their football.  Sorry about Tigers Teeth whatever his situation is.  I know Houndizzles will be in, but he is busy beating the heck out of us in a Bengals Baseball League.  He's like 12 and 2 on the season.  Bengals Fans know their sports.  I might message him to take a second to say he is in, if he already hasn't.  He is clobbering a pretty easy team this weekend and can't lose, so he would have time to click on this. 

Holmscreek just said he want's IN again. He says he has been having problems logging on to Bengal Board Site. He says he will contact some he knows on here, and try to to get fixed so he can Log In. It's been a while ago, but I once had problems Logging In to this Site. I forget how I fixed it. I think I had to go to pull up this site, and Log Back In. Anyway, Holnscreek is having Site Problems, but he wants to remain in Fantasy Football and says he will contact people he knows on here......I don't know Tigers Teeth issues, but I wonder if he also isn't having problems getting into Bengals Message Board Site....I think sometimes if a power outage knocks this Site off line, when it comes back up some people are knocked off the server or host. There are ways to Log Back in, but I forget. I think once I had to sign in like a New Member, then it said I couldn't post for a few days until updated, but then it showed me as a long time member again after the site let me in. I just remember the site looked like it had a power outage or server problem once for me. So Holnscreek is going to contact people he has played with for years, and get it fixed.

Holmscreek says he is playing again this year and he will contact people he knows on here. He thanked me for letting him know people are already saying They Are In with August coming up fast.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2022

(07-21-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Unfortunately, it looks like we might be losing one of our most active players. I'll leave the spot open until 07 AUG 22 to see if he's back on board, but if not I'll start looking for a replacement.

(07-21-2022, 08:39 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Also sucks to lose Tiger Teeth, hopefully things get better for him and we can get him back in here sometime in the future.

(07-21-2022, 10:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Tiger should have won last year. He just got unlucky in the Semi-Finals vs Me. I should have never been in thr finals with my crap roster.

(07-23-2022, 02:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Sorry about Tigers Teeth whatever his situation is.  

Although we're all disappointed that TT is currently not participating, I'm happy to announce the following:

rfaulk has agreed to manage TT's team until he returns. If TT decides to join us, rfaulk will happily surrender the reins. Those that have been around know rfaulk is a long-time participant in the forum, while never actually owning a team. 

We're lucky to have him. Please welcome him aboard. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2022

(07-23-2022, 04:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Holmscreek just said he want's IN again.  

I know the name, but cannot put my finger on who this is? 

(07-23-2022, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know the name, but cannot put my finger on who this is? 

Dan McNeil

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-24-2022

I was on vacation for a week & unplugged from the internet. Did I miss anything? I'm of course defending my championship.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-25-2022

(07-23-2022, 05:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We're lucky to have him. Please welcome him aboard. 

Welcome aboard, Mr. rfaulk. May you beat all teams except mine.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 07-25-2022

I’m in

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 07-25-2022

I’m in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-26-2022

(07-21-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to touch base with everyone. Starting 01 AUG 22 I will be posting in here much more as we look the open the season. Unfortunately, it looks like we might be losing one of our most active players. I'll leave the spot open until 07 AUG 22 to see if he's back on board, but if not I'll start looking for a replacement.

We'll have lots to discuss once we're "Open for Business". I do ask if you're a returning member reply to this email with an "I'm in". Because if all who are scheduled to return are not active; I'll thin the herd.

I'm in & thank you for running a well-organized league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-26-2022

(07-21-2022, 10:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Tiger should have won last year. He just got unlucky in the Semi-Finals vs Me. I should have never been in thr finals with my crap roster.

It sucks to lose Tiger Teeth. He made this thread fun with the smack talking and is a good dude.

But ahem, he should not have won last year. The true righteous, superior, and most excellent fantasy guru deservedly won the league last year.

Apologies for the spam and third post in a row, I see we have keeper selections to make. Did we decide on any limitations or can I keep as many as I want?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-26-2022

(07-26-2022, 10:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Apologies for the spam and third post in a row, I see we have keeper selections to make. Did we decide on any limitations or can I keep as many as I want?

Last time we did keepers it was 2. Also let's say you picked em in the 4th last year it cost a 3rd this year. I also seem to remember the cheapest keeper was a 7th, so if you keep your 12th rounder from last year it cost a 7th.

Not sure if any of that's changing but that's how it was the last time we did it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-27-2022

It should be very simple. One Keeper loses you your first Round. Two Keeps loses you your first 2 rounds. Which is why some people would be better off not to have a Keeper. That is just Basic in any Fantasy League.

However I will play by any rules people come up with. I suggested that if 2 teams added maybe we could reduce the amount of rounds we draft. However I really don't care how many rounds we draft. I will play by whatever rules we use.

I do think it would be complicated to say you drafted Chase in the 5th round last year, so if you KEEP HIM, it should only cost you a 5th round pick this year. That is pure nonsense, and I don't think you could set such all over the place confusion up in the Yahoo Draft if you wanted to. Yahoo, ESPN, CBS have it so you can have KEEPER LEAGUES but you Lose your First Round Pick or also 2nd Round if you KEEP TWO. That is just basic. If you want to KEEP a Chase, nobody cares where you drafted him last year, KEEPING him becomes your First Round Pick this year. It's that simple.

I can already say that if we have KEEPERS, I might KEEP just ONE or none at all. I will NOT give up both my First AND Second Round Picks. I can Draft with or Without Keepers. I take it for granted that who we Keep or not will be Optional per each team. Of course the 2 new teams won't have anybody to Keep, but they might be better off Drafting in Round One anyway. The problem with Keepers is that Lightning never strikes twice in the same place in a new Fantasy Season. Last years big Points players are often not Next Years big points scorers.

Again, I will play by any rules that are set. I'm just happy to be in the league.

GO BENGALS.

One thing I know. With this being a Bengals League, I can forget getting Burrow to Chase or Higgins. I can forget getting Mixon or McPherson. They will all go off the boards fast in a Bengals League. That is OK, there are 31 other NFL teams to choose from. I would just as soon not draft Steelers, Ravens or Browns, but I will if I have to, since Bengals Top Players are going to fly off the board.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 07-27-2022

look behINd you.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-27-2022

(07-27-2022, 09:10 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: look behINd you.

Yep, that's usually where you can be found.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-27-2022

I await bfine confirmation for how keepers work in this league. Mellow

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-27-2022

(07-27-2022, 04:18 AM)kevin Wrote: It should be very simple. One Keeper loses you your first Round. Two Keeps loses you your first 2 rounds.  Which is why some people would be better off not to have a Keeper.  That is just Basic in any Fantasy League.

However I will play by any rules people come up with.  I suggested that if 2 teams added maybe we could reduce the amount of rounds we draft.  However I really don't care how many rounds we draft.  I will play by whatever rules we use.  

I do think it would be complicated to say you drafted Chase in the 5th round last year, so if you KEEP HIM, it should only cost you a 5th round pick this year.  That is pure nonsense, and I don't think you could set such all over the place confusion up in the Yahoo Draft if you wanted to.   Yahoo, ESPN, CBS have it so you can have KEEPER LEAGUES but you Lose your First Round Pick or also 2nd Round if you KEEP TWO.   That is just basic.  If you want to KEEP a Chase, nobody cares where you drafted him last year,  KEEPING him becomes your First Round Pick this year.  It's that simple.

I can already say that if we have KEEPERS, I might KEEP just ONE or none at all.  I will NOT give up both my First AND Second Round Picks.  I can Draft with or Without Keepers. I take it for granted that who we Keep or not will be Optional per each team. Of course the 2 new teams won't have anybody to Keep, but they might be better off Drafting in Round One anyway.  The problem with Keepers is that Lightning never strikes twice in the same place in a new Fantasy Season. Last years big Points players are often not Next Years big points scorers.

Again, I will play by any rules that are set.  I'm just happy to be in the league.

GO BENGALS.

One thing I know. With this being a Bengals League, I can forget getting Burrow to Chase or Higgins.  I can forget getting Mixon or McPherson. They will all go off the boards fast in a Bengals League.  That is OK, there are 31 other NFL teams to choose from. I would just as soon not draft Steelers, Ravens or Browns, but I will if I have to, since Bengals Top Players are going to fly off the board.

I'll say I don't really like keepers, I think part of the charm of fantasy is the clean slate every year. 

When you introduce keepers and somebody got lucky and drafted two guys going in the top 10 this year and get to keep them for a 6th and 7th round pick then your basically already behind that team before the draft even starts. Just unfun in my opinion.

As you said though I'll roll with anything but I'm firmly in the no keeper camp if we end up voting on it. 

(07-27-2022, 10:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I await bfine confirmation for how keepers work in this league.   Mellow

It's almost like you don't trust me  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-27-2022

(07-27-2022, 04:18 AM)kevin Wrote: It should be very simple. One Keeper loses you your first Round. Two Keeps loses you your first 2 rounds.  Which is why some people would be better off not to have a Keeper.  That is just Basic in any Fantasy League.

However I will play by any rules people come up with.  I suggested that if 2 teams added maybe we could reduce the amount of rounds we draft.  However I really don't care how many rounds we draft.  I will play by whatever rules we use.  

I do think it would be complicated to say you drafted Chase in the 5th round last year, so if you KEEP HIM, it should only cost you a 5th round pick this year.  That is pure nonsense, and I don't think you could set such all over the place confusion up in the Yahoo Draft if you wanted to.   Yahoo, ESPN, CBS have it so you can have KEEPER LEAGUES but you Lose your First Round Pick or also 2nd Round if you KEEP TWO.   That is just basic.  If you want to KEEP a Chase, nobody cares where you drafted him last year,  KEEPING him becomes your First Round Pick this year.  It's that simple.

I can already say that if we have KEEPERS, I might KEEP just ONE or none at all.  I will NOT give up both my First AND Second Round Picks.  I can Draft with or Without Keepers. I take it for granted that who we Keep or not will be Optional per each team. Of course the 2 new teams won't have anybody to Keep, but they might be better off Drafting in Round One anyway.  The problem with Keepers is that Lightning never strikes twice in the same place in a new Fantasy Season. Last years big Points players are often not Next Years big points scorers.

Again, I will play by any rules that are set.  I'm just happy to be in the league.

GO BENGALS.

One thing I know. With this being a Bengals League, I can forget getting Burrow to Chase or Higgins.  I can forget getting Mixon or McPherson. They will all go off the boards fast in a Bengals League.  That is OK, there are 31 other NFL teams to choose from. I would just as soon not draft Steelers, Ravens or Browns, but I will if I have to, since Bengals Top Players are going to fly off the board.

It is not complicated and I've done it every year. 

WTS, with the addition of 2 new teams and folks tending to not be in favor of keepers; I propose no keepers this year. Which really hurts because I got Justin Herbert in the 7th last year,