Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 08-26-2022

(08-25-2022, 09:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Your seeing something wrong, or he hasn't got the settings right.

Points are for Sacks, Forced Fumbles, Fumble Recoveries, Interceptions, and Touchdowns. 

Still points should be pretty low every week but its more than 7 players who will get those stats every week.

From bfine earlier in this thread :

Sack 2 Points
Interception 3 Points
Fumble Force 2 Points
Fumble Recovery 2 Points
Defensive Touchdown 6 Points
Safety 2 Points
That's for team defense. Go look at individual settings. There are no points listed for anything at all. So now idp players will score ANY points at all under current settings. May as well drop the guy and pick up another stash player. Look at your individual defensive players projected points for instance for the entire season

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 01:11 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: That's for team defense. Go look at individual settings. There are no points listed for anything at all. So now idp players will score ANY points at all under current settings. May as well drop the guy and pick up another stash player. Look at your individual defensive players projected points for instance for the entire season

I see what you’re saying now. I’ll take a look and update accordingly.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 10:36 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Pretty sure the highest rated teams after the draft the last two years were guys who ended up not making the playoffs, including myself.

Don't wanna say it's the kiss of death but it isn't the best indicator of a good season to come.  Hilarious

Def KoD. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 02:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I see what you’re saying now.  I’ll take a look and update accordingly.

Will this include points for tackles?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-26-2022

I’m definitely curious.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will this include points for tackles?

Considering it wasn't included before the draft I doubt it but who knows.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-26-2022

(08-26-2022, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will this include points for tackles?

I hope so! Just my two cents but I honestly thought that it did include tackles. I obviously read it wrong originally. That said, tackling is pretty important to individual defensive stats.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-27-2022

All this talk about the new D Player Position. Unless it changes to Tackles, We are looking for a Sacks Guy or an Interception Guy or somebody who gets a lot of Fumbles. We already have had Defensive Team. So I look on this as an Extra MONSTER MAN to add points to your Defensive Team with some Sacks or Turnovers.

Now Yahoo offers no 2021 Stats, but ESPN and other sites have 2021 Stats on D Leaders in Sacks, Interceptions Leaders. Make a List, go back to Yahoo, and Free Agency opens Sunday Morning. Their are still many 2021 Sacks and Interceptions Leaders in Free Agency. Do the Math, there is only 14 of us. There is still some real Monsters on Sacks or Interceptions in Free Agency Sunday Morning.

I think of it as our D Team will get the Tackles Points and all that, This is an Extra Sacks or Interceptions Monster Man Add On. No, you do not want a guy who makes Tackles and never a Sack or a Turnover. We are looking for a Sacks or Turnovers MONSTER MAN. Sundays Free Agency still has plenty.

I think the League Manager did a great job adding more teams and setting everything up. I think the New D Player is interesting. Since we already had the Draft, perhaps D Player Tackles is something we could vote on Next Year, since we have already had the Draft and some of us did read the Rules on Scoring. Hey, there are still many great Sacks and Turnovers Players in Free Agency Sunday Morning. There are only 14 of us, and the NFL has many good Sacks and Interception Guys.

My only thing Sunday Morning is I have a 2nd Kicker to drop. Near end of draft the computer gave me an unwanted lousy kicker by draft error. So I'll be looking for a RB or WR or TE to replace with Sunday Morning. I don't need 2 Kickers and this extra mistake one looks lousy.

Here, The Top 6 Sacks Leaders Still on The Board Sunday: Parsons, C Jordan, Landry, Golden, Reddick, C Jones

The Top 6 Interceptions plus returns towards Pick 6 : JC Jackson, R. Douglas, Byard, X McKinney, x Howard, B McCain

That is 12 still on the board Sunday Morning. From ESPN STATS and finding on Yahoo as undrafted. Maybe this helps some of you since Yahoo gives no D Player Stats. If you go to Players and type in name, then click on player, you will get his BIO, and you can judge for yourself. Parsons of Dallas is one heck of a Sacks Guy. We remember Landry of Tennessee.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-27-2022

There is nothing under Defensive Player in the league settings.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-27-2022

Sorry gentlemen. Charlie is so intimidated by my social standing on this board he's rescinded my position as asscom. Otherwise, this would be fixed.

We'll see.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-27-2022

(08-27-2022, 06:07 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Sorry gentlemen.  Charlie is so intimidated by my social standing on this board he's rescinded my position as asscom.  Otherwise, this would be fixed.  

We'll see.

Your email is "hidden" 007. So I cannot assign you as Asscom. 

As to the Defensive Player settings: I set it a 3 points for INT. 2 points for sack, 1 point for TFL

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-28-2022

(08-27-2022, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your email is "hidden" 007. So I cannot assign you as Asscom. 

As to the Defensive Player settings: I set it a 3 points for INT. 2 points for sack, 1 point for TFL

Fumbles? Touchdowns?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-28-2022

GOOD NEWS :

Yahoo now has D player Stats

If you go on Yahoo D Players you will see who had the most Fantasy Points in 2021 or you can look at who is projected to have the most in 2022.

2 Players already added on Parsons and Von Miller today, both good Pick Ups

There are still many good players. It would appear that players that get TACKLES FOR LOSSES and SACKS put up the most POINTS. Some Monster that gets in the backfield and not only gets the QB, but throws down RB's before they get started.

I tried to put an ESPN List on here, but the heck with that. Forget that. Yahoo now has added Stats to the D Players names.

I can tell you that I'm not happy that I see Bengals Ogunjobi now with Steelers along with Watt and two other top rated players. It appears The Steelers Hulked Up on Defense in off season more than I thought, with 4 Monsters who get in other teams backfields often. They bring one tough D to the table Bengals opening day, but so do Super Bowl Bengals, so that could be one heck of a Defensive Game to start the season. GO BENGALS

For those still needing D Players, Yahoo has added Available Player D Stats, and there are some at the Top still not on a team in our League. Yahoo seems to be very high on this D Line player from Carolina. Another one that is high on the list in 2021 and 2022 list is Heyward.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BengalsFanInNOKY - 08-28-2022

Interested if any spots still open

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-28-2022

Well a player on my roster just got shot, seems he is gonna be fine but damn that's rough.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-29-2022

MESSAGE TO LEAGUE MANAGER :

I see your scoring adjustments to D Player Sacks, Interceptions, Tackles For Losses.

However League Settings show no points if someone's D Player would score a Touchdown. If you look at D Players In Yahoo, you will see Sacks, Int, TFL and TD. So the category is already in Yahoo, it just needs League Manager to apply some points for a TD.

Since a Defensive Touchdown is a Huge Play in a game, you would think if somebody's player was lucky enough to score a TD, that would count for 6 Points. It's not like these D Players are going to be scoring a lot of TD's, but I urge The League Manager to have a Reward if somebody is lucky enough to have their starting D Player score a TD. I suggest 6 points. This does not help DB's that much more, because Pick 6's do not happen that often.

So I urge the League Manager to let the D Player TD Category in Yahoo have some Points for such a thing. Again, a Defensive Touchdown is a Rare and Huge play. It won't happen that often, but when it does, let there be Points if someone on here has a D Player that scores a TD.

I request this be done before the season. Again, Yahoo has the D Player TD category, but as of now League Manager has no Points for it. Please give it Points. It would happen so rare, but if it would happen to a league member it would be like hitting a hole in one in golf, so it would be nice if the league members got Points for such a rare and huge Defensive Play by their D player.

So PLEASE let there be POINTS in the D PLAYER TD CATEGORY......I suggest 6, but anything would be better than zero....If anybody would get Lucky enough to have their D Player score a Defensive TD.

Again, Yahoo D Players show 4 Categories : Sacks, INT, TFL and TD......3 of the 4 get points, but as of now a TD gets no points in our league. That is something that hopefully gets corrected before season starts. Please give TD some points also.... At this time in League Settings under D Player Scoring, there is strangely no points for a TD.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-29-2022

Good lookin out Kev. yeah. what about that chuck?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 02:56 AM)kevin Wrote: MESSAGE TO LEAGUE MANAGER :

I see your scoring adjustments to D Player Sacks, Interceptions, Tackles For Losses.  

However League Settings show no points if someone's D Player would score a Touchdown.  If you look at D Players In Yahoo, you will see Sacks, Int, TFL and TD.   So the category is already in Yahoo, it just needs League Manager to apply some points for a TD.

Since a Defensive Touchdown is a Huge Play in a game, you would think if somebody's player was lucky enough to score a TD, that would count for 6 Points.  It's not like these D Players are going to be scoring a lot of TD's, but I urge The League Manager to have a Reward if somebody is lucky enough to have their starting D Player score a TD.   I suggest 6 points.   This does not help DB's that much more, because Pick 6's do not happen that often.  

So I urge the League Manager to let the D Player TD Category in Yahoo have some Points for such a thing.  Again, a Defensive Touchdown is a Rare and Huge play.  It won't happen that often, but when it does, let there be Points if someone on here has a D Player that scores a TD.  

I request this be done before the season.  Again, Yahoo has the D Player TD category, but as of now League Manager has no Points for it.  Please give it Points.  It would happen so rare, but if it would happen to a league member it would be like hitting a hole in one in golf, so it would be nice if the league members got Points for such a rare and huge Defensive Play by their D player.

So PLEASE let there be POINTS in the D PLAYER TD CATEGORY......I suggest 6, but anything would be better than zero....If anybody would get Lucky enough to have their D Player score a  Defensive TD.

Again, Yahoo D Players show 4 Categories :  Sacks, INT, TFL and TD......3 of the 4 get points, but as of now a TD gets no points in our league.  That is something that hopefully gets corrected before season starts.  Please give TD some points also.... At this time in League Settings under D Player Scoring, there is strangely no points for a TD.

(08-29-2022, 03:20 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Good lookin out Kev.  yeah.  what about that chuck?

Yea no forced fumbles and fumble recoveries that were listed earlier in the thread either from what I could find.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-29-2022

Someone trade me your better players for my lesser players. Make me an offer I can't refuse, boys.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 11:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Someone trade me your better players for my lesser players. Make me an offer I can't refuse, boys.

Best I can do is Brian Robinson for Chase.

Should recover from the gunshot wounds and be ready to go in the next year or so.