Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 10:11 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea no forced fumbles and fumble recoveries that were listed earlier in the thread either from what I could find.

Yeah not that it's the biggest deal or a real issue, but for the record, I am not in favor of changing the scoring system after the draft. Bfine gave out the points the D player can score and I'd vote for sticking to that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-29-2022

I'm not upset nor am I trying to upset anyone. That said, I've played in defensive leagues a couple of times over the years. It's been a while, but I've participated in a couple. I would suggest that that you guys go look at standard defensive scoring in yahoo or CBS and use that as a templet. I'm fine with adding the defensive player, but if we're going to take away an RB position (which is usually a high scoring position) to add a defensive position the defensive players scoring needs to be opened up. Tackles and TDs are two of the most important things for a defensive player. That D position should be a high scoring position. In current scoring format y'all are basically saying, "go get a pass rusher". Makes the other defensive positions almost worthless. That's not how it's supposed to work. In a standard defensive scoring league certain Safeties and LBs like Logan Wilson are upper tier players. Under current format those players aren't worth rostering. Not trying to rock the boat just making a reasonable suggestion.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 01:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm not upset nor am I trying to upset anyone. That said, I've played in defensive leagues a couple of times over the years. It's been a while, but I've participated in a couple. I would suggest that that you guys go look at standard defensive scoring in yahoo or CBS and use that as a templet. I'm fine with adding the defensive player, but if we're going to take away an RB position (which is usually a high scoring position) to add a defensive position the defensive players scoring needs to be opened up. Tackles and TDs are two of the most important things for a defensive player. That D position should be a high scoring position. In current scoring format y'all are basically saying, "go get a pass rusher". Makes the other defensive positions almost worthless. That's not how it's supposed to work. In a standard defensive scoring league certain Safeties and LBs like Logan Wilson are upper tier players. Under current format those players aren't worth rostering. Not trying to rock the boat just making a reasonable suggestion.

I'd be on board, problem is we had the draft under the assumption of "go get a pass rusher" so that's what most did so changing that at this point seems like a no go.

Also if what bfine posted a while back is right then Fumbles, Fumble Recoveries and Touchdowns should be included in the scoring as well.

Next year I'd be all for a full blown IDP slot with tackles but seems like we already passed that option this year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-29-2022

The time period when I ask for ideas, folks are quiet as a cat. I'm simply a humble servant. I have no problem changing settings, but it often times nulls the draft.

Folks let me know what they prefer and if the masses agree I'll make the changes. This includes a "redraft" if required

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The time period when I ask for ideas, folks are quiet as a cat. I'm simply a humble servant. I have no problem changing settings, but it often times nulls the draft.

Folks let me know what they prefer and if the masses agree I'll make the changes. This includes a "redraft" if required

Well I'm against that and drafted for the proposed settings.

Would like to see fumbles, fumble recoveries, and Touchdowns added to defensive players as you listed earlier in the thread but if it's not possible then it's whatever.

(08-29-2022, 05:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well I'm against that and drafted for the proposed settings.

Would like to see fumbles, fumble recoveries, and Touchdowns added to defensive players as you listed earlier in the thread but if it's not possible then it's whatever.

I could do that if no one objects

(08-29-2022, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could do that if no one objects

That's what you had posted earlier in the thread, I just assumed you overlooked it when updating defensive player points.

Quote from you earlier in the thread :

Quote:You can pick any Defensive Player you want. Points are as follows:

Sack 2 Points
Interception 3 Points
Fumble Force 2 Points
Fumble Recovery 2 Points
Defensive Touchdown 6 Points
Safety 2 Points

Forgot about safeties as well, I'm good either way but that's what I went into the draft thinking about.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The time period when I ask for ideas, folks are quiet as a cat. I'm simply a humble servant. I have no problem changing settings, but it often times nulls the draft.

That's not true... I for one suggested bringing back the TE. Also, cats are not exactly quiet.

That being said, I see a certain value in keeping the scoring as it was determined before the draft, eg. the scoring that Bob just posted. But then again, I will in no way protest a change either.

(08-29-2022, 05:59 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: That's what you had posted earlier in the thread, I just assumed you overlooked it when updating defensive player points.

Quote from you earlier in the thread :

Forgot about safeties as well, I'm good either way but that's what I went into the draft thinking about.

I will update accordingly. I blame my asscom for thinking he's James Bond and hiding his email address. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-29-2022

(08-28-2022, 08:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well a player on my roster just got shot, seems he is gonna be fine but damn that's rough.

Well, if that’s any indication of what’s to come, your f’d. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-29-2022

I remember being in a league several years ago where one of my defensive players was a Safety for the Eagles. He used to score a lot of points with turnovers and about 10 tackles per game. Passes defended is another scoring option. That helps make CBs relevant with IDP. I'm good with moving forward as we are. I appreciate the thought and flexibility. We can discuss more defensive scoring tweaks for next year. Let's have a fun season and best of luck to everyone.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-30-2022

I want to thank the League Manager for adding Def Player TD points and also adding some other Def Player Points for Safety and Fumbles.

Thank you once again League Manager for the work you are putting in on this. Getting in new players to the League, Setting the League up, Making changes that might bring even more fun in scoring. THANK YOU.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-30-2022

(08-29-2022, 12:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah not that it's the biggest deal or a real issue, but for the record, I am not in favor of changing the scoring system after the draft. Bfine gave out the points the D player can score and I'd vote for sticking to that.

This is also my vote. I agree we shouldn't make changes after the draft is over. For example, I put in a waiver for Parsons but didn't get him. I might have drafted him under a different scoring system. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-30-2022

Which is why I think it is best we keep the settings as you originally had them since we drafted under those settings.

I'm good with a redraft if we must.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 04:15 AM)kevin Wrote: I want to thank the League Manager for adding Def Player TD points and also adding some other Def Player Points for Safety and Fumbles.

Thank you once again League Manager for the work you are putting in on this.  Getting in new players to the League, Setting the League up, Making changes that might bring even more fun in scoring.  THANK YOU.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

you're welcome.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 09:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which is why I think it is best we keep the settings as you originally had them since we drafted under those settings.

Looking at your team I bet you are.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-30-2022

Since the D position only occupies one spot on a roster, there will always be value to be had throughout the year.
I’m not ok with a redraft. I am ok with letting whatever dust settle, and reassess at that time.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 09:04 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which is why I think it is best we keep the settings as you originally had them since we drafted under those settings.

Before the Draft there was a problem with the new D Player position on Yahoo.  Yahoo at first showed no D Players to draft.  Then Yahoo did, but the players had no points as in Zero.  So The League Manager has been fixing the NEW D Player position in our Bengals League.  He has it pretty good now and weeks before Regular Season.  

I myself do not see a need for a Re-Draft just over this D Player Position.  My main reason for this is there are only 14 of us.  If anybody is unhappy with the D Player they have, all they would have to do is go to PLAYERS and D Players available in Free Agency.  According to Yahoo Lists, most of the TOP D Players on the boards are still out there to be added to a team.  Hence, there is no reason for a re-draft over D Players since Free Agency is Full of TOP D Players.  I would suggest people click on 2021 player stats or 2022 season projected stats and CLICK ON FANTSY POINTS.   It will show the Top Fantasy Points D Players on down.  Many of the Top ones still are not on any of our teams.  

Now I'm not posting this to be argumentative. You and me get along fine on here Tecmo. You did great winning with Kupp and Chase last year and I bet you have a few tricks up your sleeve this year.  As for me Yahoo says I had a good draft, but we all know that is nonsense.  THE SEASON will show who had a good draft.  Plus the draft is just part of it, game and season adjustments play into it.  In Baseball, Football, Basketball Fantasy, I have seen teams that draft and never do anything else, and of course those teams finish last as if they dropped out and quit. Now Tecmo, you won last year because you make weekly adjustments, so do I. You are good at it in your weekly adjustments to where you won this league last year, so you will be tough to beat this year. I think we all had a pretty good draft, so lets not go through that again. Let's move on to playing the season. Really, these D Player Changes will not hurt anybody who has drafted. If anybody now feels they drafted the wrong D Player, there are a ton of D Players in Free Agency who are great in Fantasy Points that anybody could add on this very second without needing another draft of all positions and players. The last I checked, there was a great Panthers D Player and 2 great Steelers D Players who put up huge Fantasy Points per Yahoo Lists now, plus many others still in Free Agency to add with one Click. . So no need for another draft.

Again, I think The League Manager did a good job, and one problem was Yahoo did not have points for a D Player Position before we drafted. Yahoo showed no D Player points for 2021 and Yahoo projected no D Player points for 2022. Now Yahoo does because our League Manager fixed it. - The League Manager caught this and corrected it before season started. Otherwise we would all have a D Player who gets zero points at years end. I think the League Manager fixed the Yahoo problem and did a good job on this new D Player Position before season starts. I say lets give this D Player a chance to work, and I think it is going to turn out to be a fun addition. Then next season it will go even more smoothly, once we do it the first season.

For those looking Free Agent, the D Line or LB Sacks monsters top the Fantasy points lists. However if some DB steps up in NFL with Interceptions and even some Pick 6 TD's and even some Sacks, TFLs, Fumbles, that type of DB like a Ronnie Lott or Ken Riley type will put up huge points. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on Free Agency all year, because THE BEST D Players may still be in Free Agency undrafted. Some team that uses the Safety Blitz a lot, but same Safety also gets a ton of Picks could be a Monster in D Points. If Deion Sanders was still playing, he was good for a lot of Pick 6's, so was Bengals Lamar Parrish. Of course that Carolina Pass Rusher stands out as a top Free Agent now, as does Steelers Heyward or Highsmith. I almost drafted JC Jackson who is right behind Trevon Diggs as being a Pick 6 Monster at DB. So far the Fantasy Points lean towards Pass Rusher, but don't be surprised if some DB has a huge Fantasy Season. I plan on watching Free Agency, it may turn out my D Player is not as good as a F/A having a better season.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 11:47 AM)kevin Wrote: Before the Draft there was a problem with the new D Player position on Yahoo.  Yahoo at first showed no D Players to draft.  Then Yahoo did, but the players had no points as in Zero.  So The League Manager has been fixing the NEW D Player position in our Bengals League.  He has it pretty good now and weeks before Regular Season.  

I myself do not see a need for a Re-Draft just over this D Player Position.  My main reason for this is there are only 14 of us.  If anybody is unhappy with the D Player they have, all they would have to do is go to PLAYERS and D Players available in Free Agency.  According to Yahoo Lists, most of the TOP D Players on the boards are still out there to be added to a team.  Hence, there is no reason for a re-draft over D Players since Free Agency is Full of TOP D Players.  I would suggest people click on 2021 player stats or 2022 season projected stats and CLICK ON FANTSY POINTS.   It will show the Top Fantasy Points D Players on down.  Many of the Top ones still are not on any of our teams.  

Now I'm not posting this to be argumentative. You and me get along fine on here Tecmo. You did great winning with Kupp and Chase last year and I bet you have a few tricks up your sleeve this year.  As for me Yahoo says I had a good draft, but we all know that is nonsense.  THE SEASON will show who had a good draft.  Plus the draft is just part of it, game and season adjustments play into it.  In Baseball, Football, Basketball Fantasy, I have seen teams that draft and never do anything else, and of course those teams finish last as if they dropped out and quit. Now Tecmo, you won last year because you make weekly adjustments, so do I. You are good at it in your weekly adjustments to where you won this league last year, so you will be tough to beat this year. I think we all had a pretty good draft, so lets not go through that again. Let's move on to playing the season. Really, these D Player Changes will not hurt anybody who has drafted. If anybody now feels they drafted the wrong D Player, there are a ton of D Players in Free Agency who are great in Fantasy Points that anybody could add on this very second without needing another draft of all positions and players. The last I checked, there was a great Panthers D Player and 2 great Steelers D Players who put up huge Fantasy Points per Yahoo Lists now, plus many others still in Free Agency to add with one Click. . So no need for another draft.

Again, I think The League Manager did a good job, and one problem was Yahoo did not have points for a D Player Position before we drafted. Yahoo showed no D Player points for 2021 and Yahoo projected no D Player points for 2022. Now Yahoo does because our League Manager fixed it. - The League Manager caught this and corrected it before season started. Otherwise we would all have a D Player who gets zero points at years end. I think the League Manager fixed the Yahoo problem and did a good job on this new D Player Position before season starts. I say lets give this D Player a chance to work, and I think it is going to turn out to be a fun addition. Then next season it will go even more smoothly, once we do it the first season.

For those looking Free Agent, the D Line or LB Sacks monsters top the Fantasy points lists. However if some DB steps up in NFL with Interceptions and even some Pock 6 TD's and even some Sacks, TFLs, Fumbles, that type of DB like a Ronnie Lott or Ken Riley type will put up huge points. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on Free Agency all year, because THE BEST D Players may still be in Free Agency undrafted. Some team that uses the Safety Blitz a lot, but same Safety also gets a ton of Picks could be a Monster in D Points. If Deion Sanders was still playing, he was good for a lot of Pick 6's, so was Bengals Lemar Parrish.

Yor last paragraph sums up my thinking on this…

(08-30-2022, 11:09 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Looking at your team I bet you are.  Hilarious

Nervous