Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-31-2022

(08-29-2022, 05:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I could do that if no one objects

I'm good with it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-31-2022

It's obvious that many if not most of you have never used IDP in a fantasy format. A Pro Bowl type defender should be projected anywhere from 8-15 points per week, but if they have a huge game with a TD, they can score upwards of 20 plus points. We're only using 14 defensive players per week in this league. That means that there are about 20 other Pro Bowl type of defenders available at any given time. So, redrafting because of that is ridiculous.

When I look at the reigning defensive rookie of the year being projected for less than three points....well, that's just laughable. You guys were in such a hurry to make a change, any change, that you dropped the ball. Those defensive players should have been ranked in with the offensive players during the draft. They weren't because defensive scoring rules weren't yet established. There are defensive players that ARE ranked within the top 100 players. Honestly, I don't understand why we aren't using standard fantasy defensive scoring. It would make it so much easier on the league and team managers.

I will reiterate for those in the back saying that they drafted their IDP accordingly, we don't need a re-draft. Hell, three of my picks were auto draft because I lost my Wi-Fi. All were terrible picks. If anyone would want a re-draft it would be me, but I don't think we need to do that. There are currently about 20 Pro Bowl caliber defensive players available in free agency. We're only using 14!! Some leagues have as many as 5 defensive positions per week included with the offensive players. Obviously, that would thin the defensive pool and, in that case, it would make a difference. We're only using 14 defensive players per week, total. Every team in this league should have a stud defensive player on their roster and if that player gets injured it should be easy to replace that player. We're only starting 14 IDPs!!

At this point with the IDP being hamstrung by the scoring system, the IDP scoring position isn't going to matter unless that player scores a TD. I'm not trying to come off as cocky here. I'm hoping to help some of ya'll better understand how this is supposed to work.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-31-2022

COACH IS TIRED OF YA'LLS SHIT!

NO WATER UNTIL AFTER HILLS YOU MAGGOTS!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 03:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's obvious that many if not most of you have never used IDP in a fantasy format. A Pro Bowl type defender should be projected anywhere from 8-15 points per week, but if they have a huge game with a TD, they can score upwards of 20 plus points. We're only using 14 defensive players per week in this league. That means that there are about 20 other Pro Bowl type of defenders available at any given time. So, redrafting because of that is ridiculous.

When I look at the reigning defensive rookie of the year being projected for less than three points....well, that's just laughable. You guys were in such a hurry to make a change, any change, that you dropped the ball. Those defensive players should have been ranked in with the offensive players during the draft. They weren't because defensive scoring rules weren't yet established. There are defensive players that ARE ranked within the top 100 players.  Honestly, I don't understand why we aren't using standard fantasy defensive scoring. It would make it so much easier on the league and team managers.

I will reiterate for those in the back saying that they drafted their IDP accordingly, we don't need a re-draft. Hell, three of my picks were auto draft because I lost my Wi-Fi. All were terrible picks. If anyone would want a re-draft it would be me, but I don't think we need to do that. There are currently about 20 Pro Bowl caliber defensive players available in free agency. We're only using 14!! Some leagues have as many as 5 defensive positions per week included with the offensive players. Obviously, that would thin the defensive pool and, in that case, it would make a difference. We're only using 14 defensive players per week, total. Every team in this league should have a stud defensive player on their roster and if that player gets injured it should be easy to replace that player. We're only starting 14 IDPs!!

At this point with the IDP being hamstrung by the scoring system, the IDP scoring position isn't going to matter unless that player scores a TD. I'm not trying to come off as cocky here. I'm hoping to help some of ya'll better understand how this is supposed to work.

Where were you at a month ago when you could have pointed all this out.

People saying they drafted accordingly are just stating the obvious, and that is they took guys according to the scoring listed in this thread and that you don't change scoring after a draft.

I didn't really care for an IDP spot to begin with but I think we are at a point where it's too late to change scoring. 

Also I have lost quite a few games by under 5 points the last few seasons so getting decent points from your defensive player getting a few sacks and a FF or something can still be important.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 04:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Where were you at a month ago when you could have pointed all this out.

People saying they drafted accordingly are just stating the obvious, and that is they took guys according to the scoring listed in this thread and that you don't change scoring after a draft.

I didn't really care for an IDP spot to begin with but I think we are at a point where it's too late to change scoring. 

Also I have lost quite a few games by under 5 points the last few seasons so getting decent points from your defensive player getting a few sacks and a FF or something can still be important.

This is where I'm at... yea we could redraft or send all of us scrambling to the waiver wire before week one over IDP but it makes the most sense to just continue one with how it was set up pre-draft. 

I don't mind IDP but at this point I say don't rock the boat.... unless Harley wants to give me Johnathan Taylor in a redraft lol.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 04:32 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Where were you at a month ago when you could have pointed all this out.

I wasn't able to get into my board account for a year and a half. So, that's why I wasn't on here. That said, I'm not upset about it. It had been a while since I've done a IDP draft as well. Now that we've done it things are coming back to me about how it is usually scored. That IDP spot is nearly worthless unless the player scores a TD. 

It would actually benefit you, Bob!! And all of the other team managers, if the scoring was set to default defensive scoring. But you can't seem to wrap your mind around it.

I'm not sweating this one way or the other. Best of luck to all. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-31-2022

coach is clearly on PED's. showing the same spunk he showed in his rookie off season.

he's about to talk to your parents about attitude if you keep it up.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 03:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's obvious that many if not most of you have never used IDP in a fantasy format.

I guess most people are well aware that usually D players get points for tackles. Many said as much. There's no need for a lecture on that really.

It's just, bfine decided to go a different route. He made said route clear in this very thread. And I for one was ok with it, with all the implications. If you are not, you should have said so right then. If you had no internet or whatever during that time, that's not on him or any of us really. That players are able to go to this thread and look up the rules is a reasonable expectation.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 06:20 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I wasn't able to get into my board account for a year and a half. So, that's why I wasn't on here. That said, I'm not upset about it. It had been a while since I've done a IDP draft as well. Now that we've done it things are coming back to me about how it is usually scored. That IDP spot is nearly worthless unless the player scores a TD. 

It would actually benefit you, Bob!! And all of the other team managers, if the scoring was set to default defensive scoring. But you can't seem to wrap your mind around it.

I'm not sweating this one way or the other. Best of luck to all. 

Everybody went into the draft with the same information. I don't care what we do but as I've said you usually deal with this stuff before a draft not afterwards.

[Image: 8d852661-e270-4849-a752-1a130df78568_text.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 09-01-2022

(08-31-2022, 03:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's obvious that many if not most of you have never used IDP in a fantasy format. A Pro Bowl type defender should be projected anywhere from 8-15 points per week, but if they have a huge game with a TD, they can score upwards of 20 plus points. We're only using 14 defensive players per week in this league. That means that there are about 20 other Pro Bowl type of defenders available at any given time. So, redrafting because of that is ridiculous.

When I look at the reigning defensive rookie of the year being projected for less than three points....well, that's just laughable. You guys were in such a hurry to make a change, any change, that you dropped the ball. Those defensive players should have been ranked in with the offensive players during the draft. They weren't because defensive scoring rules weren't yet established. There are defensive players that ARE ranked within the top 100 players.  Honestly, I don't understand why we aren't using standard fantasy defensive scoring. It would make it so much easier on the league and team managers.

I drafted my IDP based on what i knew of the expected scoring system. If tackles had been included, i had another guy in mind. 

Overall, i'm not unhappy or upset about how it turned out and i'm not really down for a re-draft (if that were up for a vote, which it's not yet).

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 09-01-2022

(09-01-2022, 01:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I drafted my IDP based on what i knew of the expected scoring system. If tackles had been included, i had another guy in mind. 

Overall, i'm not unhappy or upset about how it turned out and i'm not really down for a re-draft (if that were up for a vote, which it's not yet).

Sums up the situation perfectly. 

There will be no redraft. 

ASSCOM out

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 09-01-2022

(09-01-2022, 01:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I drafted my IDP based on what i knew of the expected scoring system. If tackles had been included, i had another guy in mind. 

I get it! The point that I've been trying to make is that with standard scoring and us only using 14 of the 40 something NFL defensive Pro Bowlers, there are so many good defensive players currently available that a team could easily just stream their defender on a weekly.

I'm ok with doing what we're doing. I'm just saying that opening up this IDP will really add another cool and fun element to the league. I think some of you guys will have a better understanding after using the IDP this season. I didn't like the addition of the IDP, originally. Now that I remember how much fun adding that element to FF is, I'm all for it. 

Honestly, I'm just trying to help. 

IDP tidbit: Some think that having a dominant CB is the way to go and sometimes it works out. That said, off CBs are targeted more frequently and thus have more opportunities for PDs and TDs. This is just one nuance of using an IDP. Stud CBs are rarely challenged in the NFL. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 09-01-2022

(08-31-2022, 03:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: COACH IS TIRED OF YA'LLS SHIT!  

NO WATER UNTIL AFTER HILLS YOU MAGGOTS!

Hilarious LMAO Who Dey

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 09-01-2022

(09-01-2022, 02:25 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I get it! The point that I've been trying to make is that with standard scoring and us only using 14 of the 40 something NFL defensive Pro Bowlers, there are so many good defensive players currently available that a team could easily just stream their defender on a weekly.

I'm ok with doing what we're doing. I'm just saying that opening up this IDP will really add another cool and fun element to the league. I think some of you guys will have a better understanding after using the IDP this season. I didn't like the addition of the IDP, originally. Now that I remember how much fun adding that element to FF is, I'm all for it. 

Honestly, I'm just trying to help. 

IDP tidbit: Some think that having a dominant CB is the way to go and sometimes it works out. That said, off CBs are targeted more frequently and thus have more opportunities for PDs and TDs. This is just one nuance of using an IDP. Stud CBs are rarely challenged in the NFL. 

I noticed that, the Revis Island Effect, if you will.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-02-2022

We're almost underway for the games! The IDP is interesting, I'm not sure what type of player to start.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 11:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We're almost underway for the games! The IDP is interesting, I'm not sure what type of player to start.

I Just assumed going for pass rusher would be the ideal starter for the settings. Feel like sacks will be easier to come by than guessing who gets an interception.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 12:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I Just assumed going for pass rusher would be the ideal starter for the settings. Feel like sacks will be easier to come by than guessing who gets an interception.

That was my assumption when I drafted Hendrickson. It seems in most leagues, LBs who get tackles are the guys to have but not in ours?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 12:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That was my assumption when I drafted Hendrickson. It seems in most leagues, LBs who get tackles are the guys to have but not in ours?

Not with no points for tackles. In regular IDP's I like the safeties who rack up tackles PDs sacks and ints. I had Minkah Fitzpatrick last year and he did really well for me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 11:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We're almost underway for the games! The IDP is interesting, I'm not sure what type of player to start.

You can never go wrong throwing 3 kickers in there. They're pretty active on game day.  Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 09-02-2022

AM I getting a Mantooth vibe from Coach?