Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 09-12-2022

Bfine. Please respond to this before I do. ^^

Kevin. Find additional outlets to release the odd brand of frustration you’re exhibiting here. If this is indicative of your IRL interactions, let me back up others and tell you, you’re intolerable. Just staring the obvious.

We’ll get back to you on whatever word salad I can’t bring myself to read above.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 05:45 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm not against BobJones, but it is a Yahoo Flaw.  Once a game is going, we shouldn't be able to drop players and pick up Free Agents in a Sunday Night or Monday Night Game.  The Yahoo System shouldn't even make it possible. Once a Game Starts, those players should LOCK and can't be swapped for later game Free Agents. Clearly YAHOO is not locking in players once the games start.

None of these players were in his starting lineup. I never heard about a system where you could not drop players from your bench at any time. You sure can do so on NFL.
And it's not unfair. Everyone else can do the same thing, including you.

What a weird thing to complain about.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 09-12-2022

1. You can’t trade a player once their game has started. 2. You can’t pickup a player who’s game has started. But you can do both before the game no matter what time it starts as long as 1. & 2 are met.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-12-2022

Kevin, what Bob did is pretty common in fantasy football. I'm pretty sure I did it last year many times. Essentially, you can use the Sunday & Monday night games to manage your roster by picking up players prior to that game. As the season progresses, you see less and less moves like the Bob ones because fantasy owners have a better sense of who to keep on their roster.

Bob determined he has players worth dumping to add Sunday night and Monday night players. The risk is if you dump players, then they go to waiver wire for the following week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-12-2022

Hilarious

Edit : Also whoever wants Ceedee Lamb send me offers, I'm annoyed.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-12-2022

I think my team has a Championship winning hangover.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 07:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: None of these players were in his starting lineup. I never heard about a system where you could not drop players from your bench at any time. You sure can do so on NFL.
And it's not unfair. Everyone else can do the same thing, including you.

What a weird thing to complain about.

EDIT: ok, so the way i orgininally worded this post was screwed up so i'm just 86ing it. 

But you are right. If it's screwed up, it's screwed up for everyone. (which it doesn't seem to be).

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 11:34 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: EDIT: ok, so the way i orgininally worded this post was screwed up so i'm just 86ing it. 

But you are right. If it's screwed up, it's screwed up for everyone. (which it doesn't seem to be).

I been doing this every season, trust me and my 12th place finishes when I tell you it hasn't seemed to give me an advantage.  Hilarious

I guess Kevin just finally noticed since I played him week 1.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-12-2022

OK....MY MISTAKE....You can drop bench players whos games have been played and add players in later games such as Sunday Night or Monday Night and start them....I didn't know this was possible....Maybe I'm too use to Fantasy Baseball where all players lock in at first game of day.

Sorry....My Mistake.....Apology to BobJones who was playing by the rules....My Mistake that I didn't know this could be done.

My Mistake

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 03:40 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Bfine.   Please respond to this before I do.  ^^

Kevin.  Find additional outlets to release the odd brand of frustration you’re exhibiting here. If this is indicative of your IRL interactions, let me back up others and tell you, you’re intolerable.   Just staring the obvious.  

We’ll get back to you on whatever word salad I can’t bring myself to read above.

You are Right....It was Me who didn't know the Rules....Dropping Bench Players whos games have played and adding Free Agents in Sunday Night or Monday Night and starting them is OK.....My apologies to BobJones and you and everybody....This is allowed by Yahoo Rules.....I was Wrong.....I'm the one that didn't know the Rules....I thought it was like Fantasy Baseball where even bench players lock in after first game of day starts, and it is not.....MY MISTAKE. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 09-12-2022

(09-12-2022, 12:08 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I been doing this every season, trust me and my 12th place finishes when I tell you it hasn't seemed to give me an advantage.  Hilarious

I guess Kevin just finally noticed since I played him week 1.

It's weird we're even having this discussion. Although I will say, when FFL's first began, like Kevin, I also thought once the first game started all players were locked until Tues. OMG how the possibilities grew when I realized what I could do. But that was like a trillion years ago. 

Here's a fun fact: HD's first fantasy football victory was against Alexander the Great on Monday, Oct 12, 325 B.C. He wasn't that great after I kicked his ass!

(09-12-2022, 03:27 PM)kevin Wrote: You are Right....It was Me who didn't know the Rules....Dropping Bench Players whos games have played and adding Free Agents in Sunday Night or Monday Night and starting them is OK.....My apologies to BobJones and you and everybody....This is allowed by Yahoo Rules.....I was Wrong.....I'm the one that didn't know the Rules....I thought it was like Fantasy Baseball where even bench players lock in after first game of day starts, and it is not.....MY MISTAKE. 

I feel like I missed a deleted post or something that Vas was referring to but yea, not a big deal.

(09-12-2022, 03:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's weird we're even having this discussion. Although I will say, when FFL's first began, like Kevin, I also thought once the first game started all players were locked until Tues. OMG how the possibilities grew when I realized what I could do. But that was like a trillion years ago. 

Here's a fun fact: HD's first fantasy football victory was against Alexander the Great on Monday, Oct 12, 325 B.C. He wasn't that great after I kicked his ass!

Years back I played in an ESPN league and you couldn't drop bench players after games started so maybe that caused some confusion for Kevin if he previously played in an ESPN league. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 09-13-2022

(09-12-2022, 03:40 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Bfine.   Please respond to this before I do.  ^^

Kevin.  Find additional outlets to release the odd brand of frustration you’re exhibiting here. If this is indicative of your IRL interactions, let me back up others and tell you, you’re intolerable.   Just staring the obvious.  

Respond to wat?

As to all: This league is for fun; nothing else. Of course, there are bragging rights, but it's not that serious. IF you make it less fun, you will be replaced. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Respond to wat?

As to all: This league is for fun; nothing else. Of course, there are bragging rights, but it's not that serious. IF you make it less fun, you will be replaced. 

Speaking of bragging rights... how about that great 2021 fantasy season?  Cool

I have to live in the past because I botched the 2022 draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Respond to wat?

Well my team has made it less fun for me so far, anyway I can get them replaced?  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 10:55 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well my team has made it less fun for me so far, anyway I can get them replaced?  Ninja

I vote for a redraft where I get a top 4 pick. Smirk

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 10:55 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well my team has made it less fun for me so far, anyway I can get them replaced?  Ninja

Re-draft!!!!

Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 11:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Re-draft!!!!

Ninja

But only for the picks I don't wanna keep! (Swift)  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 09-13-2022

(09-13-2022, 07:17 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: But only for the picks I don't wanna keep! (Swift)  Hilarious

Custom re-draft, it is.  Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-14-2022

Wow, we had a busy waiver wire week!