Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 12:03 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Tecmo, just being honest with you. You need several dominoes to fall your way, otherwise you're getting fleeced. It has a chance to work out for you but giving him Hopkins and Pickens is rich. 

(10-16-2022, 12:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We shall see how the season progresses. We don't start that many skill position players in this league so I'm good taking my chances with the upgrade at QB.

I honestly thought people would think I was getting fleeced taking too much risk on maybes with Pickens and Hopkins.

I just saw my team for what it was, a 90 points a week squad and figured I'd take a shot on some high upside WRs.

I think it's a trade that can benefit both of us which I guess is what you want a trade to be.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 01:16 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I honestly thought people would think I was getting fleeced taking too much risk on maybes with Pickens and Hopkins.

I just saw my team for what it was, a 90 points a week squad and figured I'd take a shot on some high upside WRs.

I think it's a trade that can benefit both of us which I guess is what you want a trade to be.

Agreed about the mutual benefit of the deal. You get an upgrade at RB and have potential with 2 WRs. I get my QB upgrade, I hope, and Sutton is a good WR to fill the spot Pickens had with my team. I'll insert one of my other RB1s to cover the loss of CEH.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 01:16 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I honestly thought people would think I was getting fleeced taking too much risk on maybes with Pickens and Hopkins.

It's not an overly one-sided trade. I think the QBs are a wash. The RBs are both splitting time so another wash, at the moment. An injury to Jones would change things. CEH is still getting most of the redzone touches in KC but it's obvious Andy is fishing for something else from his RBs at the moment.

As I mentioned, it's the WRs that sway this trade in one direction. Basically, two number ones for one number one WR but Hopkins is almost equivalent to having two number ones when healthy. Pickens is up and coming, probably the best WR in Pitt.

Russ is learning a system that took AR a season and a half to master. It's a proven system but it's a complicated one. That's why Russ and the Broncos have been struggling offensively. That sort of caps Suttons value, temporarily. Pickens will be growing and learning with a rookie QB. He's gonna have a breakout type of year but a rookie QB is gonna struggle.

The lynchpin of this trade is Hopkins. He is an immediate plug and play target hog touchdown machine when he returns. And, he already has chemistry with KM. It's Hopkins that sways this trade imo. That said, Tecmo's reasoning in his post on the previous page has merit. 

Good luck on both sides. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-16-2022

If my RBs and Chase keep doing nothing, the trade I made with Bob doesn't matter. My team might be toast.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Well, well. Chase must have read my post during the game. Big game from Chase has kept me alive this week with a chance to win.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 10-16-2022

Bob dropped the RB I needed for the week lol Deon Johnson gave me 23...I still think I lose those cuz I barely fielded a team this week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 10-16-2022

(10-16-2022, 05:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Bob dropped the RB I needed for the week lol Deon Johnson gave me 23...I still think I lose those cuz I barely fielded a team this week.

Should have kept him in over CEH, knew this was a bad matchup but it is what it is.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 10-17-2022

Justin Jefferson is on the market. I'd really like to upgrade my QB so if anyone has a solid, if unspectacular WR or RB, i'd like to package JJ with Brady or Cousins. I rolled the dice with Zeke and Michael Thomas and combined with Keenan Allen being injured, it's biting me hard, right in the ass. 

Any offers? Make them here or PM, if you wouldn't mind. I don't get notifications nor do i check my Yahoo mail.  Mellow Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-17-2022

(10-16-2022, 06:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Should have kept him in over CEH, knew this was a bad matchup but it is what it is.  Hilarious

Hey Bob, Dobbins went down with an injury for me yesterday so I need CEH back for free. Thanks, bye.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-17-2022

Nice, posting about fantasy football made me reach the "Gold" rank on these boards. I'm VIP, bros.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bixee0pjnq9nu0rx15ey...w.gif&ct=g]

Aaron Rodgers and CEH headed to their third team in two weeks!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 10:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Aaron Rodgers and CEH headed to their third team in two weeks!

I know everyone wants high end QB play but I'd be really ok with competent. I have 3 weeks this year where my QB has scored around 5 points.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone wants high end QB play but I'd be really ok with competent. I have 3 weeks this year where my QB has scored around 5 points.

My team already sucked like a hoover. Now with the bye weeks in progress it now sucks like a black hole. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 10:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hey Bob, Dobbins went down with an injury for me yesterday so I need CEH back for free. Thanks, bye.

(10-17-2022, 10:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Aaron Rodgers and CEH headed to their third team in two weeks!

CEH gone and I get higher upside at QB with Dak and a potentially strong WR coming back with Bateman.

Also this week I should have Dak, Hopkins, Bateman and Swift coming back. This will either go really well or blow up in my face when they combine for 15.   Hilarious

(10-17-2022, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone wants high end QB play but I'd be really ok with competent. I have 3 weeks this year where my QB has scored around 5 points.

Yea I figured I'd shoot for Dak playing well coming back but can't be much worse than what I had atleast.

(10-17-2022, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice, posting about fantasy football made me reach the "Gold" rank on these boards. I'm VIP, bros.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bixee0pjnq9nu0rx15ey...w.gif&ct=g]

Rookie. 

[Image: actorindie-laugh.gif]

I mean, CONGRATS!!  Wink

(10-17-2022, 12:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Rookie. 

[Image: actorindie-laugh.gif]

I mean, CONGRATS!!  Wink

Hey now, we don't all have it what it takes to enter the HoF.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493be0i06tzyspmgvb4priw...w.gif&ct=g]

Weird thing happened for my team over 24 hours. Hollywood Brown went down yesterday he could be out a few month.... but today the Cardinals traded for Carolina's Robbie Robbie Aanderson who has been riding my bench for a few weeks.

(10-17-2022, 02:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hey now, we don't all have it what it takes to enter the HoF.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493be0i06tzyspmgvb4priw...w.gif&ct=g]

All it takes is determination and a belief in yourself. ThumbsUp

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c57253082e3a08a66e...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 10-17-2022

(10-17-2022, 03:01 PM)Synric Wrote: Weird thing happened for my team over 24 hours. Hollywood Brown went down yesterday he could be out a few month.... but today the Cardinals traded for Carolina's Robbie Robbie Aanderson who has been riding my bench for a few weeks.

I'm sure Anderson will be the same guy he's always been, boom or bust type.

Although Cardinals have been pretty below average on offense so who knows what this is gonna look like.

(10-17-2022, 03:31 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm sure Anderson will be the same guy he's always been, boom or bust type.

Although Cardinals have been pretty below average on offense so who knows what this is gonna look like.

Anderson will probably fit well into the Cardinals air raid offense. Question will be how much his target volume will be... I don't plan on starting him next week or likely the week after but its an interesting wrinkle.