Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 04:51 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I don't wanna get you all riled up on this topic again but that's pretty much what I do most weeks, just keep an extra roster spot then drop for a defensive player if one of my bench stashes disappoints in the early games and I need 1-2 points.

Especially with these bye weeks.

You're good brother. No worries!

I'm hoping that we carry the IDP position for at least another season, but I also hope that we can all discuss addressing the scoring. When implemented properly it adds a fun dynamic to FF. We didn't really explore the gamesmanship and full possibilities of it this season.

Parsons should have gained me anywhere from 12-18 points last week. That kind of scoring makes it worthwhile and makes that position much more valuable. Ergo we would all be studying the crap out S, CB, DL, and LB matchups on a weekly. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 09:38 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You're good brother. No worries!

I'm hoping that we carry the IDP position for at least another season, but I also hope that we can all discuss addressing the scoring. When implemented properly it adds a fun dynamic to FF. We didn't really explore the gamesmanship and full possibilities of it this season.

Parsons should have gained me anywhere from 12-18 points last week. That kind of scoring makes it worthwhile and makes that position much more valuable. Ergo we would all be studying the crap out S, CB, DL, and LB matchups on a weekly. 

I wouldn't mind it, would be a new wrinkle.

Also I honestly kind of miss the misery of a TE spot.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 11-05-2022

(11-04-2022, 11:43 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I wouldn't mind it, would be a new wrinkle.

Also I honestly kind of miss the misery of a TE spot.

Yeah agreed on both counts. Especially the missing TE spot, with the argument of not everyone getting a good one, will always be a thorn in my side.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-05-2022

I'm with you guys. I like TE and classic QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/DEF/K lineup.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-05-2022

Having a mandatory TE is hard in a 14-team league is hard; especially during weeks where 4 teams are on bye. it's why "we" decided to make it a TW/WR flex. Of course, I'll go with what the league wants. I do think having only 1 RB slot hurts. I recently received a trade offer that included a good/great RB to make it "fair", but to if I had taken it; I'd have to sit that RB or Dalvin Cook each week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 11-05-2022

I’m good with the current format, opening up the scoring for the defender position (tackles?)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 02:06 PM)SladeX Wrote: I’m good with the current format, opening up the scoring for the defender position (tackles?)

I'm good with it too. This format is new to me and i think it gives a lot of flexibility. I agree with those that say give the IDP more options to score. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-05-2022

(11-05-2022, 04:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm good with it too. This format is new to me and i think it gives a lot of flexibility. I agree with those that say give the IDP more options to score. 

No point in talking about all this mid season I suppose but I wouldn't mind an auction draft next year.

bfine proposed it a couple years ago and the main opposer isn't in the league anymore, could be an interesting way to shake things up next year.

Also would change the waiver wire to FAAB which would be interesting.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-05-2022

An auction draft would be fun. I'd also be down for a dynasty roster with keepers stemming from the auction.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 11-06-2022

(11-05-2022, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Having a mandatory TE is hard in a 14-team league is hard; especially during weeks where 4 teams are on bye.

Couldn't the same argument be made about the QB spot?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-06-2022

(11-05-2022, 02:06 PM)SladeX Wrote: I’m good with the current format, opening up the scoring for the defender position (tackles?)

Yes, a solo tackle is 1 point, an assisted tackle is a half point, ect... Pass Defended is like a half point, if I remember correctly. Something akin to that. Perhaps a 2-point bonus for defensive TDs over 40 yards...  Add this to the defensive scoring already implemented and that IDP position becomes relevant. Stuff like that.

Safeties like Minkah Fitzpatrick are usually studs in FF Defensive Leagues. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-06-2022

I think six teams make our playoffs. Some of us might already be mathematically eliminated. Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 11-06-2022

So what’s an auction draft. Sounds like you could wind up with a really bad team

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 02:48 PM)SladeX Wrote: So what’s an auction draft. Sounds like you could wind up with a really bad team

The draft functions like a real auction. After a player is nominated, teams make offers on that player until they each individually decide the player is too expensive (or they're priced out). Then, the player is awarded to the team that made the highest offer.

You can basically guarantee getting your guys but it may cost you depth on your team. Or you can get guys you see as values and have a more balanced team.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 03:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: The draft functions like a real auction. After a player is nominated, teams make offers on that player until they each individually decide the player is too expensive (or they're priced out). Then, the player is awarded to the team that made the highest offer.

You can basically guarantee getting your guys but it may cost you depth on your team. Or you can get guys you see as values and have a more balanced team.

That sounds better than what i was envisioning (silent auction)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 11-06-2022

If I loose this game after mixon putting up 53 pts… I’ll be tempted to reveal secrets of collusion which are only privy to an ass commish of my intellectual acuity.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 03:04 AM)hollodero Wrote: Couldn't the same argument be made about the QB spot?

Nope, no other position on the field can earn points in the categories that a QB can. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-06-2022

(11-06-2022, 02:48 PM)SladeX Wrote: So what’s an auction draft. Sounds like you could wind up with a really bad team

(11-06-2022, 03:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: The draft functions like a real auction. After a player is nominated, teams make offers on that player until they each individually decide the player is too expensive (or they're priced out). Then, the player is awarded to the team that made the highest offer.

Our very own Mike Thomas used to be a trojan horse in some Auction Drafts I was in. You'd nominate Michael Thomas/WR early and if folks didn't notice the team (Rams back then) they'd bid big on a garbage WR

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 11-07-2022

(11-06-2022, 08:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, no other position on the field can earn points in the categories that a QB can. 

True, but since superflex positions exist nonetheless, does it matter? One could still argue just as well that there aren't enough good QBs for everyone and so the QB spot should be replaced with a superflex spot.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-07-2022

FN Mahomes throwing the ball 68 times!! Ridiculous... I will say this, they're not coming out of the AFC throwing the ball 68 times. Good win last night, but no running game to speak of. Chiefs better fix that, or they aren't going anywhere.