Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 12:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyler Murray? He is out tonight Colt McCoy is the starter.

So what your saying is he should pick up every QB that could play tonight to seal the victory before the games start?  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 12:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Kyler Murray? He is out tonight Colt McCoy is the starter.

Oh yeah? Well, he also happens to have Jimmy G. Thus, I need the Cardinals to wreck his soul and keep him under 30.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 12:49 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So what your saying is he should pick up every QB that could play tonight to seal the victory before the games start?  Hilarious

I already added and dropped Colt before realizing the Bad word Commanders also have Jimmy G. He's got a chance to beat me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-22-2022

(11-21-2022, 12:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: EDIT: Ok, let's do a test. In the other league i'm in, i'm 9-1 and i have a 123-96 lead on a 3-7 team. All my players are done. My opponent has Garoppolo and Aiyuk going tonight. Based on projections, he's supposed to beat me by 2 pts. Let's see how that turns out...

What did i ***** say?

How often does "Jimmy G" throw 3 TDs in a game? How often does Aiyuk catch 2 in a game?

ridiculous.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 12:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What did i ***** say?

How often does "Jimmy G" throw 3 TDs in a game? How often does Aiyuk catch 2 in a game?

ridiculous.

2nd time in his 40 game career.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 11-22-2022

(11-21-2022, 12:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I already added and dropped Colt before realizing the Bad word Commanders also have Jimmy G. He's got a chance to beat me.

Damn, I was hoping you were joking, but went and checked and you absolutely did this. You goddamned roster churning waiver grifter. I wish you would have lost.

If anyone pulls something like this on me, I will actively work to make sure that you lose your shit for the rest of the year. I’ll pay a prostitute to plant drugs on your star players then call the cops.

We should make a rule against this next year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 02:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Damn, I was hoping you were joking, but went and checked and you absolutely did this. You goddamned roster churning waiver grifter. I wish you would have lost.

If anyone pulls something like this on me, I will actively work to make sure that you lose your shit for the rest of the year. I’ll pay a prostitute to plant drugs on your star players then call the cops.

[Image: jJvIfDk.gif?1]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 02:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Damn, I was hoping you were joking, but went and checked and you absolutely did this. You goddamned roster churning waiver grifter. I wish you would have lost.

Feels like in this type situation it would be on the team that is counting on a QB that has been injured starting in a Monday game that has no backup plan.

Either start a guy earlier or drop someone to grab the backup, don't get upset at a guy securing a win because you didn't wanna drop your 6th RB on Friday.

Just my opinion but seems fair to me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 10:23 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Feels like in this type situation it would be on the team that is counting on a QB that has been injured starting in a Monday game that has no backup plan.

Either start a guy earlier or drop someone to grab the backup, don't get upset at a guy securing a win because you didn't wanna drop your 6th RB on Friday.

It's a normal transactional rule that is part of fantasy football. It manifests in other ways. An owner could target specific positions from weak to weak to try and weaken a team needing to cover bye-week players. 

(11-22-2022, 10:23 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Feels like in this type situation it would be on the team that is counting on a QB that has been injured starting in a Monday game that has no backup plan.

Got it.

Now that I’m in 1st place, I’m going to pick up, then immediately drop every single player that I can for the remainder of the year. Any surprise outs or injuries, and you better hope that you have a good bench option, or you’re looking at the 7th receiving option for the Jaguars to try to pull you a point.

This gives me the best competitive advantage. I just thought that it would be frowned upon.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 12:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Got it.

Now that I’m in 1st place, I’m going to pick up, then immediately drop every single player that I can for the remainder of the year. Any surprise outs or injuries, and you better hope that you have a good bench option, or you’re looking at the 7th receiving option for the Jaguars to try to pull you a point.

This gives me the best competitive advantage. I just thought that it would be frowned upon.

You have to hold them for 24 hours before dropping for them to go on waivers so if you wanna clear your bench and try that then feel free.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-22-2022

I'm with JC on this. Seems like a dick move. But what do i know, I'm in last place. 

(11-22-2022, 01:21 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You have to hold them for 24 hours before dropping for them to go on waivers so if you wanna clear your bench and try that then feel free.

My evil plot has been foiled.

(11-22-2022, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm with JC on this. Seems like a dick move. But what do i know, I'm in last place. 

I'll say I don't care if we block this kind of move somehow but honestly that feels like something you should be planning for if your going into a Monday night game with a player that has an iffy status.

If you don't it's hard to blame someone for sealing a win with a waiver pickup.

I get roster churning is a different thing entirely but seems we have something in place to counter that with the 24 hour thing.

(11-22-2022, 03:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My evil plot has been foiled.

Hilarious

(11-22-2022, 12:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Now that I’m in 1st place, I’m going to pick up, then immediately drop every single player that I can for the remainder of the year.

I encourage this practice early on next season so the rest of us can benefit and claim the good players you dropped. It would also facilitate kevin getting to make an epochally long post about the corresponding claims.

(11-22-2022, 03:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'll say I don't care if we block this kind of move somehow but honestly that feels like something you should be planning for if your going into a Monday night game with a player that has an iffy status.

Which the Badword Commanders did, they had Jimmy G. They were one step ahead of my "Operation McCoy".

If such a move is blocked, then it opens the door for blocking similar moves. I'm thinking of bye weeks and how owners have to account for roster space. Is it an unfair move if they don't get the weekly claim they wanted because other owners grabbed up the players; which subsequently leaves them with little to no options? No, it isn't. Me picking up McCoy amounts to nothing. It's a normal fantasy football move.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-22-2022

For the record, yes, Rondale Moore was a previous player for the Houndizzles and we are taking the 5th as to whether or not there was collusion during Monday night's game. Big ups to the SF defense for doin what dey do!

(11-22-2022, 03:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which the Badword Commanders did, they had Jimmy G. They were one step ahead of my "Operation McCoy".

If such a move is blocked, then it opens the door for blocking similar moves. I'm thinking of bye weeks and how owners have to account for roster space. Is it an unfair move if they don't get the weekly claim they wanted because other owners grabbed up the players; which subsequently leaves them with little to no options? No, it isn't. Me picking up McCoy amounts to nothing. It's a normal fantasy football move.

You don't have to convince me, I don't even really think it's a dick move. 

In my opinion if this were to happen and somebody decided they would rather hold bench players and wait until Sunday night or Monday morning to pick up the backup to a player that has an iffy health situation then they can't be upset about being punished for taking that risk.

(11-22-2022, 04:03 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You don't have to convince me, I don't even really think it's a dick move. 

In my opinion if this were to happen and somebody decided they would rather hold bench players and wait until Sunday night or Monday morning to pick up the backup to a player that has an iffy health situation then they can't be upset about being punished for taking that risk.

For sure, it's the basic roster transaction feature allowed in fantasy football.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-23-2022

(11-21-2022, 09:22 AM)hollodero Wrote: Maybe. So, good job, Cowboys D! Attaboys.

Important thing, it has come to this. Aiyuk vs. Samuel for the win, Arizona D participaton ignored. Since I need this win, I wish myself good luck.

You got me.  Bob jones the week before and you Hollodero this week.  I put up over 100 points each week, you guys just put up more.  Barkley only gave me around 4 points and I think I'll bench him Thanksgiving against an even better Dallas defense.   

I wish Tecmo would keep my name out of whatever he and some others are babbling on about transaction moves.  Here I tried to help Tecmo get in the Bengals Baseball League twice, and both times caught hell from that sites league manager and someone also on this football site and the baseball site.  When it came up the Baseball League acted like it needed players, I mentioned Tecmo is a good guy and Bengals Fan.  But I caught hell for trying to help Tecmo get in.  Now I catch hell from Tecmo over a conversation on transactions that I'm not even involved in.  So leave me out of it.   I'm not involved in this transaction talk the last few days. 

Anyway, good games Bob Jones and Hollodero.  I hit you with over 100 points both weeks, but you guys just scored more.  I see Poppy's is slated to put up over 100 on me this week.  Well, it's a good, tough league.  I'll try to put up 100 again and give him a game.  No Quit in Football. 

Go Bengals against a tough Tennessee team led by Henry and often a good D.  Also Michigan at Ohio State, both undefeated. No shortage of good football Thanksgiving Weekend.

Tiger