Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 11-23-2022

(11-23-2022, 07:43 PM)kevin Wrote: You got me.  Bob jones the week before and you Hollodero this week.  I put up over 100 points each week, you guys just put up more.  Barkley only gave me around 4 points and I think I'll bench him Thanksgiving against an even better Dallas defense.

Yep, you were unlucky. And the Cardinals D turned out to be a mistake.

(11-23-2022, 07:43 PM)kevin Wrote: I wish Tecmo would keep my name out of whatever he and some others are babbling on about transaction moves.

Oh my, take it easy. He made a joke about you tending to create longer posts that's all. Which, well, is not completely falling out ouf the blue.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-24-2022

(11-22-2022, 12:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Got it.

Now that I’m in 1st place, I’m going to pick up, then immediately drop every single player that I can for the remainder of the year. Any surprise outs or injuries, and you better hope that you have a good bench option, or you’re looking at the 7th receiving option for the Jaguars to try to pull you a point.

This gives me the best competitive advantage. I just thought that it would be frowned upon.

It's a dick move. My boss used to do that in our league and i constantly told him how bush league it is. 

If you wanna win, make your team better and win. If you wanna be a dick, add and drop players all week so no one else can get at them. 

Mellow

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 12:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a dick move. My boss used to do that in our league and i constantly told him how bush league it is. 

If you wanna win, make your team better and win. If you wanna be a dick, add and drop players all week so no one else can get at them. 

Mellow

Couldn't agree more! 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 12:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a dick move.

Yeah, I'd agree, it does not fulfil the most noble aspirations of sportsmanship probably.

Doesn't mean it should be forbidden. A bit of dirty play spices up things.

(11-24-2022, 12:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, I'd agree, it does not fulfil the most noble aspirations of sportsmanship probably.

I agree. I don't think there should be a rule against it. 

I mean, at least keep McCoy on your roster for a couple days so you look more like a small, skinny dick rather than add/drop and look like a raging veiny monster ****. 

But in the end, it's up to everyone to know what kind of jackballs they're playing against and adjust accordingly. Can't make rules against everything. Takes the "fun" out of it. As frustrating as it can be, it's still just a game. 

I just hope no one gets mad as i pull out the next 3 and come out of nowhere to make my run through the playoffs and claim the coveted trophy. 

(11-23-2022, 07:43 PM)kevin Wrote: You got me.  Bob jones the week before and you Hollodero this week.  I put up over 100 points each week, you guys just put up more.  Barkley only gave me around 4 points and I think I'll bench him Thanksgiving against an even better Dallas defense.   

I wish Tecmo would keep my name out of whatever he and some others are babbling on about transaction moves.  Here I tried to help Tecmo get in the Bengals Baseball League twice, and both times caught hell from that sites league manager and someone also on this football site and the baseball site.  When it came up the Baseball League acted like it needed players, I mentioned Tecmo is a good guy and Bengals Fan.  But I caught hell for trying to help Tecmo get in.  Now I catch hell from Tecmo over a conversation on transactions that I'm not even involved in.  So leave me out of it.   I'm not involved in this transaction talk the last few days. 

Anyway, good games Bob Jones and Hollodero.  I hit you with over 100 points both weeks, but you guys just scored more.  I see Poppy's is slated to put up over 100 on me this week.  Well, it's a good, tough league.  I'll try to put up 100 again and give him a game.  No Quit in Football. 

Go Bengals against a tough Tennessee team led by Henry and often a good D.  Also Michigan at Ohio State, both undefeated.  No shortage of good football Thanksgiving Weekend.

Tiger 

It's all just a little good natured ribbing, Kevin. Nothing serious. We all have our little quirks and what fun is it if others can't poke fun at them?

(11-24-2022, 12:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree. I don't think there should be a rule against it. 

I mean, at least keep McCoy on your roster for a couple days so you look more like a small, skinny dick rather than add/drop and look like a raging veiny monster ****. 

I get it, but on the other hand, I see a benefit in being open and honest about it instead of trying a transparent disguise. Be a dick, at least go all in.

(11-24-2022, 01:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: I get it, but on the other hand, I see a benefit in being open and honest about it instead of trying a transparent disguise. Be a dick, at least go all in.

Upon further review...I do not disagree with this statement. ThumbsUp

No one wants the word combination "small" and "dick" associated with them.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 01:21 PM)hollodero Wrote: I get it, but on the other hand, I see a benefit in being open and honest about it instead of trying a transparent disguise.  Mail

[/url]

Be a dick, at least go all in.

That's what she said!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 12:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a dick move. My boss used to do that in our league and i constantly told him how bush league it is. 

Mellow

(11-24-2022, 12:35 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Couldn't agree more! 

(11-24-2022, 12:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, I'd agree, it does not fulfil the most noble aspirations of sportsmanship probably.

To be fair that isn't really what happened in situation though, he didn't add and drop so the other team couldn't pick them up because you have to hold a player for 24 hours before dropping to have him go on waivers if I'm not mistaken.

He added him then went and looked for Garoppollo when he realized Garoppollo was on the his opponents roster he dropped McCoy. 

Roster Churning is pretty hard to do when you have to hold players for 24 hours so I think were safe on that front.

(11-24-2022, 01:36 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: To be fair that isn't really what happened in situation though, he didn't add and drop so the other team couldn't pick them up because you have to hold a player for 24 hours before dropping to have him go on waivers if I'm not mistaken.

He added him then went and looked for Garoppollo when he realized Garoppollo was on the his opponents roster he dropped McCoy. 

Roster Churning is pretty hard to do when you have to hold players for 24 hours so I think were safe on that front.

I got the distinct impression that he specifically added then dropped Colt, with the express intent of making sure CC couldn't get him for the game. Something my boss used to do and unquestionably a dick move. 

CC has Murray, and if he's out and doesn't have JimmyG, he needs Colt to compete.

(11-24-2022, 01:36 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: To be fair that isn't really what happened in situation though, he didn't add and drop so the other team couldn't pick them up because you have to hold a player for 24 hours before dropping to have him go on waivers if I'm not mistaken.

So he tried to be a dick and failed. That's not better, it's just incompetent.

(Not that I have a problem with any of it. I find dick moves to be entertaining. I know she said that too.)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 01:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I got the distinct impression that he specifically added then dropped Colt, with the express intent of making sure CC couldn't get him for the game. Something my boss used to do and unquestionably a dick move. 

CC has Murray, and if he's out and doesn't have JimmyG, he needs Colt to compete.

(11-24-2022, 01:44 PM)hollodero Wrote: So he tried to be a dick and failed. That's not better, it's just incompetent.

(Not that I have a problem with any of it. I find dick moves to be entertaining. I know she said that too.)

Yea but the point is that its different than roster churning which is what your talking about which is picking up and dropping to put them on waivers, since you need to hold them for 24 hours before they go to waivers.

Again doesn't really feel like a dick move when the other player can read the same news as everyone else, if you see your player is questionable all week for a Monday night game and don't make plans for it so you can hold onto your 6th WR on the bench then you deserve to be punished for it in my opinion.  Ninja

(11-24-2022, 01:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea but the point is that its different than roster churning which is what your talking about which is picking up and dropping to put them on waivers, since you need to hold them for 24 hours before they go to waivers.

I just was under the impression that he did not know about any of that. His opponent having Garappolo, the waiting period... all that apparently initially did not factor into this evil plan.
Worse than being a dick is being a failing dick...

...but again, I'm not actually serious and have no real issue with any of it.

(11-24-2022, 01:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea but the point is that its different than roster churning which is what your talking about which is picking up and dropping to put them on waivers, since you need to hold them for 24 hours before they go to waivers.

Again doesn't really feel like a dick move when the other player can read the same news as everyone else, if you see your player is questionable all week for a Monday night game and don't make plans for it so you can hold onto your 6th WR on the bench then you deserve to be punished for it in my opinion.  Ninja

24hr argument doesn't matter. add/drop, add/keep 24hrs drop, add/keep 3 days drop. It's all the same with no bearing toward intent. Anyway...this is all getting too serious, so...

Each player should manage their roster, i agree. Staying ahead of the curve, so to speak. I don't disagree with any of this. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You have no prob with it, i think it's a dick move to pick up a QB, with no intent to play or keep him, only to make sure someone you're playing doesn't get him. It's weak sauce and anyone should be embarrassed to do it. 

BUT, like i said, it's just a game and if someone truly doesn't like it, they can just opt out. 

So, to recap:
1. It's just a game
2. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things
3. Dick move
4. I'm outta this discussion which has gone on too long  Big Grin

(11-24-2022, 02:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: I just was under the impression that he did not know about any of that. His opponent having Garappolo, the waiting period... all that apparently initially did not factor into this evil plan.
Worse than being a dick is being a failing dick...

...but again, I'm not actually serious and have no real issue with any of it.

I can't tell ya what he was thinking honestly but I seem to remember him making a post about dropping him after he saw his opponent had Garopollo.

I honestly thought it was pretty funny seeing the plan fall apart as he realized Garopollo was on the his opponents roster but yea Im all for being a dick, especially if it seals a win.  Hilarious

(11-24-2022, 02:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 24hr argument doesn't matter. add/drop, add/keep 24hrs drop, add/keep 3 days drop. It's all the same with no bearing toward intent. Anyway...this is all getting too serious, so...

Each player should manage their roster, i agree. Staying ahead of the curve, so to speak. I don't disagree with any of this. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You have no prob with it, i think it's a dick move to pick up a QB, with no intent to play or keep him, only to make sure someone you're playing doesn't get him. It's weak sauce and anyone should be embarrassed to do it. 

BUT, like i said, it's just a game and if someone truly doesn't like it, they can just opt out. 

So, to recap:
1. It's just a game
2. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things
3. Dick move
4. I'm outta this discussion which has gone on too long  Big Grin

Well yea thats my feelings on most issues we have in this league, its a free fantasy league just to have some fun.

I guess its just an agree to disagree for people on this type of thing.

Also now I gotta go find whatever post I multi-quoted you in so every post I make stops trying to quote you.  Hilarious

I didn't take it as he had done it on purpose with malicious intent. I've been in a lot of leagues over the years. I've run across this scenario many times. Some view it as gamesmanship. It could be argued for or against very easily.

That said, I'm fairly certain that all of the folks in this league are pretty solid people. It's just a game. Don't be a Dick and let's have fun. We have a pretty damn good league this year. It's almost anyone's ballgame to win. Well, except for the dude that I barely beat both times. Most of the games have been tight this year with some having a little better luck than others. 

(11-24-2022, 02:13 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well yea thats my feelings on most issues we have in this league, its a free fantasy league just to have some fun.

I guess its just an agree to disagree for people on this type of thing.

Also now I gotta go find whatever post I multi-quoted you in so every post I make stops trying to quote you.  Hilarious

Scoll down to the quick reply box below and deselect under the box!

(11-24-2022, 02:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Scoll down to the quick reply box below and deselect under the box!

Thank You!

I even went and found it earlier in the thread and it still didn't take it off but that worked. ThumbsUp