Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-12-2022

(12-12-2022, 01:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well I'll be honest the doom and gloom may have been the right feeling, hard seeing you makeup 40+ points.

I know your wishing you played me, literally backing into the playoffs with a terrible week.  Hilarious

I actually had a decent week with my lineup choices, but the opposition's players came through.

I had fun this season and likely end it 7-7. I'll be watching the playoffs to see who wins.

Also, my philosophy is to not put in waiver claims during the playoffs. I'll leave that roster-improving opportunity to the winners.

My season is over.

[Image: colt-mccoy.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-13-2022

So why is the rooster commander placed ahead of me and gets the bye? I just want to understand... only explanation would be the divisional record, but if that were to count, the Flying Wolves and Made you cry teams would have to switch places too.

I mean, I take it, I will play the Cloe team that easily beat me twice instead.... but I'm just wondering.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-13-2022

Congrats to the six teams in the playoffs.

My views for next year:
- If we keep IDP, tackles should be a stat.
- Two more teams in the playoffs.
- People give me a few free wins.

Best of luck winning it all!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 10:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Congrats to the six teams in the playoffs.

My views for next year:

I'll also add that I'm in the camp of changing things up and trying an auction draft if others would be up for it.

Also FAAB for waivers.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 11:52 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'll also add that I'm in the camp of changing things up and trying an auction draft if others would be up for it.

Also FAAB for waivers.

I'm down for an auction draft. We can all drain our fantasy-funds bidding on Burrow.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 10:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Congrats to the six teams in the playoffs.

My views for next year:

- If we keep IDP, tackles should be a stat? - Honestly, I hate IDP and not sure if I had 1 guy score 1 point all year? But yes, if we keep them, would be nice to open up the scoring a bit. I had players on bye score more points Ninja

- Two more teams in the playoffs. I'm cool with that.

- People give me a few free wins. I feel your pain but FU!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 11:52 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'll also add that I'm in the camp of changing things up and trying an auction draft if others would be up for it.

Also FAAB for waivers.

(12-13-2022, 02:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm down for an auction draft. We can all drain our fantasy-funds bidding on Burrow.

This sounds super duper advanced. Auction draft? Hows it work? Is it like Fanduel?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 12-13-2022

I’m looking forward to next year. Feel a little unlucky,being that I’m #3 in points scored, but that’s the way the FF cookie crumbles, I guess.

Good luck to the playoff teams!

Definitely add tackles to IDP
Indifferent towards adding playoff teams
I don’t know about the auction thing. Sounds like something that everyone has to be present for, and I need plenty of advance notice to take off work. I’m not against it necessarily.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 03:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This sounds super duper advanced. Auction draft? Hows it work? Is it like Fanduel?

Basically just everyone takes turns nominating a player, people bid and highest bid wins. Think the budget is usually like $200 but may have to be adjusted for different roster sizes.

(12-13-2022, 03:54 PM)SladeX Wrote: I’m looking forward to next year. Feel a little unlucky,being that I’m #3 in points scored, but that’s the way the FF cookie crumbles, I guess.

Good luck to the playoff teams!

Definitely add tackles to IDP
Indifferent towards adding playoff teams
I don’t know about the auction thing. Sounds like something that everyone has to be present for, and I need plenty of advance notice to take off work. I’m not against it necessarily.

Yea, I'm good either way just thought it might be something new worth trying. I think you can auto draft but I'm sure that gets wonky.

Like I said just throwing it out there but it may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Still would like to change the waiver system to FAAB though.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-14-2022

(12-13-2022, 03:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This sounds super duper advanced. Auction draft? Hows it work? Is it like Fanduel?

I've never used Fanduel.

Auction drafts are fun, but definitely a completely different experience than a snake draft.

1.) The computer will assign everyone a random draft order.

2. ) When it is your turn, you don't pick your player but instead nominate a player for auction - you can pick any player. It can be a stud like Mahomes, our beloved Joe Burrow, fantasy irrelevant players such as the Bengals Trent WRs, or even the starting kicker of the Seahawks. It can be any player in the NFL. You have no idea of knowing which player is going to get nominated. It makes the strategy of when to nominate a player and the auction draft fun.

3.) After a player is nominated the intense and quick auctioning begins. You'll have $200 pretend money to spend. You can only imagine what happens when a player such as Joe Burrow or Jamar Chase gets nominated in a Bengals fantasy league; the bidding goes up quickly! I bet Burrow would go for $55 to $85 dollars. So if you land Burrow for that, you're down to $120 to $150ish dollars for the rest of your auction and roster building.

4.) You'll see people employ different strategies:
  • Some owners burn through their dollars quickly to secure three to four top players. When they do that, they typically have to watch most of the auction draft and wait for left over players that nobody else bid on; you can then land such players for a value of $1.00. This can lead to gems once in awhile. For example, I bet Perine would have gone for $1.00. He's had good games this year justifying the $1.00 cost.
  • Other owners might try and spread their money to have a balanced approach of spending $10 to $25 for a starting player. If you are patient in an auction and other people blow through their money quickly, you might find yourself later getting a bargain like Lamar Jackson at a price of only $8.00.
  • Some owners horde their money and exercise big time patience. I've seen this work where they then controlled the middle period of an auction to get a stacked team, but I've also seen it backfire where people wait too long and then have to spend like $50 on a mid-tier RB just because they needed to spend some auction money.
I tend to be an early spender and then have to patiently wait and fill out a few roster spots with leftover players at a low cost.

Let me know if you have questions. It's a lot of fun!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-15-2022

(12-13-2022, 06:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: So why is the rooster commander placed ahead of me and gets the bye? I just want to understand... only explanation would be the divisional record, but if that were to count, the Flying Wolves and Made you cry teams would have to switch places too.

I mean, I take it, I will play the Cloe team that easily beat me twice instead.... but I'm just wondering.

I think it goes head to head first. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 01:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think it goes head to head first. 

But I just beat this cöcky team, so head to head would be 1-1, with me having the edge in points.

But thanks for answering. I made my peace with not understanding that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 05:28 AM)hollodero Wrote: But I just beat this cöcky team, so head to head would be 1-1, with me having the edge in points.

But thanks for answering. I made my piece with not understanding that.

After i answered, i noticed that there's a banner on the team page that says 'with playoffs starting...check out tiebreakers...etc'. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 11:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After i answered, i noticed that there's a banner on the team page that says 'with playoffs starting...check out tiebreakers...etc'. 

Yeah I clicked that, but found not much of an explanation - but anyway, I am fine with it now, no longer worth exploring that. The Cöcky commander team was on top of the division the whole time and has deserved the title anyway. Making the wildcards and keeping Tecmo away is already wild for me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-16-2022

(12-15-2022, 01:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I clicked that, but found not much of an explanation - but anyway, I am fine with it now, no longer worth exploring that. The Cöcky commander team was on top of the division the whole time and has deserved the title anyway. Making the wildcards and keeping Tecmo away is already wild for me.

[Image: so-salty.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-16-2022

(12-16-2022, 10:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: so-salty.gif]

I'm not salty! I praise myself for beating the champ, the legend, the fantasy football genius - which makes me all of those things, of course on an even more elevated level. That's not salty, it's just spicy.

[Image: comebacks-when-people-call-you-salty.jpg]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-16-2022

(12-16-2022, 12:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not salty! I praise myself for beating the champ, the legend, the fantasy football genius - which makes me all of those things, of course on an even more elevated level. That's not salty, it's just spicy.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-16-2022

(12-16-2022, 12:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I'm not salty! I praise myself for beating the champ, the legend, the fantasy football genius - which makes me all of those things, of course on an even more elevated level. That's not salty, it's just spicy.

(12-16-2022, 02:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: jim-carrey-throw-up.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ebd72c67dd3a0e6e89...y.gif&ct=g]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 12-17-2022

Man, it has been a fun season scrapping together a team all season! CMC had a good start for me but I got a rough match up. Maybe ole Goffy can pull one out of his arse. Either way will be a fun weekend!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 12:06 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Man, it has been a  fun season scrapping together a team all season! CMC had a good start for me but I got a rough match up. Maybe ole Goffy can pull one out of his arse. Either way will be a fun weekend!

Yeah, agreed on all counts. Apparently I can't exactly wish you good luck, but I can wish you a fun weekend.