Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CloeHokie - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 12:13 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, agreed on all counts. Apparently I can't exactly wish you good luck, but I can wish you a fun weekend.

Somehow I managed to get in the playoffs in all 4 leagues I am in. That is a first. Normally injuries or dumb choices get me in 1 or 2. Lol. 

This season MVPs - Figuring draft position heavily for this and injuries - Just throwing a few for each

QB - Jalen Hurts - Most drafts he went in rounds 6-8. What a steal
QB - Joe Burrow - Same - not quite as good but for where he was taken in most leagues (I got him in round 9) he is 4th in QB
QB - Geno Smith - There is no way anyone drafted this guy - LMAO

RB - Josh Jacobs - Man I got him in one league in round 7. He has been a beast. #1 RB no one saw coming - well maybe but not like this
RB - Miles Sanders - There are others but I got him super late and he has been a solid RB2 for me all season

WR - Christian Kirk - Another late pick that really was a solid WR2 all season
WR - Amari Cooper - I did not take this guy anywhere but wish I had. He had a solid season for where he was drafted and could have you sitting pretty with surprising depth

TE - WTF - I know this position always is a little hard to find but man. This year. Man

Now for the biggest BUSTS - Also taking draft position heavily into these and injuries

QB - Justin Herbert - Dude went way too early - He still finished 9/10th depending on your scoring format but that sucks for where people took him. You had to sacrifice a strong WR/RB to take a QB and when Fields and Daniel Jones are on either side of your points at the end of the season... welllll
QB - Russel Wilson - I know he was not taken high but he was still such a bust. I mean I felt bad watching him ruin the fantasy value of all broncos

RB - Najee Harris - Had a few good games but people took him at 4. I did not. That O line and losing Ben spelled trouble for me so I stayed away - hopefully you did too
RB - Taylor - Too obvious. Would have been hard to repeat last year but ,an the colts were bad. Not Denver bad but bad

WR - Courtland Sutton - Man. The Broncos. Could really out them all on this list
WR - Mike Evans - Could be his last season as a WR1
WR - Dionte Johnson - Throwing a Stooler in here. 

TE - This is too easy. Kyle Pitts - Falcons are bad. I think Ridder in there would have been a different story. 

Like I said its been a fun year! Fell free to add your own list! Was kind of fun looking at my leagues and seeing which guys stood out from draft position standpoint 

ALSO I did not figure injuries in as those happen - Hard to call a guy a bust that broke his leg

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 12:42 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: QB - Jalen Hurts - Most drafts he went in rounds 6-8. What a steal

Yep, I am proud of that one actually. Took him over Lamar and it paid off, say, bigly.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 12:42 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Somehow I managed to get in the playoffs in all 4 leagues I am in. That is a first. Normally injuries or dumb choices get me in 1 or 2. Lol. 

This season MVPs - Figuring draft position heavily for this and injuries - Just throwing a few for each

QB - Jalen Hurts - Most drafts he went in rounds 6-8. What a steal
QB - Joe Burrow - Same - not quite as good but for where he was taken in most leagues (I got him in round 9) he is 4th in QB
QB - Geno Smith - There is no way anyone drafted this guy - LMAO

RB - Josh Jacobs - Man I got him in one league in round 7. He has been a beast. #1 RB no one saw coming - well maybe but not like this
RB - Miles Sanders - There are others but I got him super late and he has been a solid RB2 for me all season

WR - Christian Kirk - Another late pick that really was a solid WR2 all season
WR - Amari Cooper - I did not take this guy anywhere but wish I had. He had a solid season for where he was drafted and could have you sitting pretty with surprising depth

TE - WTF - I know this position always is a little hard to find but man. This year. Man

Now for the biggest BUSTS - Also taking draft position heavily into these and injuries

QB - Justin Herbert - Dude went way too early - He still finished 9/10th depending on your scoring format but that sucks for where people took him. You had to sacrifice a strong WR/RB to take a QB and when Fields and Daniel Jones are on either side of your points at the end of the season... welllll
QB - Russel Wilson - I know he was not taken high but he was still such a bust. I mean I felt bad watching him ruin the fantasy value of all broncos

RB - Najee Harris - Had a few good games but people took him at 4. I did not. That O line and losing Ben spelled trouble for me so I stayed away - hopefully you did too
RB - Taylor - Too obvious. Would have been hard to repeat last year but ,an the colts were bad. Not Denver bad but bad

WR - Courtland Sutton - Man. The Broncos. Could really out them all on this list
WR - Mike Evans - Could be his last season as a WR1
WR - Dionte Johnson - Throwing a Stooler in here. 

TE - This is too easy. Kyle Pitts - Falcons are bad. I think Ridder in there would have been a different story. 

Like I said its been a fun year! Fell free to add your own list! Was kind of fun looking at my leagues and seeing which guys stood out from draft position standpoint 

ALSO I did not figure injuries in as those happen - Hard to call a guy a bust that broke his leg

Well I drafted 2 of the bust you listed back to back in rounds 3-4. Ninja

(12-17-2022, 12:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yep, I am proud of that one actually. Took him over Lamar and it paid off, say, bigly.

I stupidly panic drafted Herbert when all the QBs started flying off the board when my original plan was to wait for Hurts at the 5-6 turn, of course I made one of many mistakes and didn't wait thinking he would be gone.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 01:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I stupidly panic drafted Herbert when all the QBs started flying off the board when my original plan was to wait for Hurts at the 5-6 turn, of course I made one of many mistakes and didn't wait thinking he would be gone.  Hilarious

Yeah well, I for one used this round to draft Eli Mitchell. Drafting is erring. To which those who drafted Wilson, Brady or Rodgers over Hurts can attest to.

(12-17-2022, 01:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well I drafted 2 of the bust you listed back to back in rounds 3-4. Ninja

I stupidly panic drafted Herbert when all the QBs started flying off the board when my original plan was to wait for Hurts at the 5-6 turn, of course I made one of many mistakes and didn't wait thinking he would be gone.  Hilarious

It happens. Most of these were hard to see coming which is why they are busts in the first place. While Herbert did not miss any games he did injure his rins and not really look the same since until maybe a week ago or so.

I could not believe when Burrow was there in my other draft, I had already taken Mixon with the 8th pick and did not want 2 Bengals but in round 9? Yeah I took him and did not look back. 

In this league I thought I will just get a QB later. Stafford did not pan out and the SF QB got hurt. Was hard finding a guy out there but scrapped as best I could. Lol

Look forward to hearing about some of your steals/busts

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 01:52 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: It happens. Most of these were hard to see coming which is why they are busts in the first place. While Herbert did not miss any games he did injure his rins and not really look the same since until maybe a week ago or so.

I could not believe when Burrow was there in my other draft, I had already taken Mixon with the 8th pick and did not want 2 Bengals but in round 9? Yeah I took him and did not look back. 

In this league I thought I will just get a QB later. Stafford did not pan out and the SF QB got hurt. Was hard finding a guy out there but scrapped as best I could. Lol

Look forward to hearing about some of your steals/busts

Not a ton of steals for me in this league but made the playoffs with only 3 of the guys I drafted still on the team. 1 of which was injured a large chunk of the year and the other that just got injured for the playoffs.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 01:37 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah well, I for one used this round to draft Eli Mitchell. Drafting is erring. To which those who drafted Wilson, Brady or Rodgers over Hurts can attest to.

Wilson. I thought a change of scenery might do him good. Oof. In hindsight, he probably sank my season. 

I also thought that Hill leaving KC would benefit Kelce, and he was solid all year. Etienne also wound up working out, but it sure took the Jags long enough to notice his production.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 12-17-2022

(12-05-2022, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalvin Cook decides to have a good game.

Damn you Dalvin Cook. Didn't do jack for me all year....

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn you Dalvin Cook. Didn't do jack for me all year....

If the Colts lose this game they should just forfeit the season... 33-0 at half.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 12-17-2022

(12-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Colts lose this game they should just forfeit the season... 33-0 at half.

I said in the "Pathway" Thread. Matt Ryan can be on the wrong end of the largest Superbowl comeback and regular season comeback

(12-17-2022, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I said in the "Pathway" Thread. Matt Ryan can be on the wrong end of the largest Superbowl comeback and regular season comeback

Oh man. That's bad........ .  Feel kind of bad for Saturday as well but is what it is

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-19-2022

Well looks like I'm out unless Lazard fumbles on an end around and doesn't play another snap.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-21-2022

Good luck this week to those who advanced in the playoffs.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 10:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good luck this week to those who advanced in the playoffs.

Thank you. Could you heal up Hurts for me? Thoughts and prayers?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 12-21-2022

(12-19-2022, 05:01 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well looks like I'm out unless Lazard fumbles on an end around and doesn't play another snap.  Hilarious

Well, it only took me 3 tries and both teams played absolutely terrible. One of us had to lose last week so that the other can lose this week.  Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 01:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Thank you. Could you heal up Hurts for me? Thoughts and prayers?

Just throwing this out there for you since apparently half of the people in this country believe it solves all problems! Thoughts and prayers, buddy.   Sarcasm

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 02:30 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Just throwing this out there for you since apparently half of the people in this country believe it solves all problems! Thoughts and prayers, buddy.   Sarcasm

Thanks, buddy! You really are a friend, pal. Looking for that 'no sarcasm' smilie here...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 02:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, it only took me 3 tries and both teams played absolutely terrible. One of us had to lose last week so that the other can lose this week.  Cool

We may have peaked too early  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-26-2022

Well, congratulations to cöck commander, who I believe is Vas? If so, happy it's you. What an epic nosedive my team did.

So that makes it four semifinal losses in a row for me. Something ain't right about that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 12-27-2022

(11-29-2022, 06:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Who is **** commander anyway?

(12-01-2022, 11:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your mom

Gonna have to pull a Menendez brothers on my mom this week.