Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 12-27-2022

(12-26-2022, 09:14 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, congratulations to cöck commander, who I believe is Vas? If so, happy it's you. What an epic nosedive my team did.

So that makes it four semifinal losses in a row for me. Something ain't right about that.

not me.  thats bfred.

we'll all rue the day if he wins this league.  the gloating will be poignant and incessant.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 12-27-2022

(12-27-2022, 03:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: not me.  thats bfred.

we'll all rue the day if he wins this league.  the gloating will be poignant and incessant.

Whatever happened to Fred?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 12-27-2022

(12-27-2022, 06:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Whatever happened to Fred?

according to another thread were in the midst of a merging event.  a once in a lifetime pressurized collision of hot air from the midwest meeting halitosis from the south.  you're encouraged to find shelter.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-28-2022

Congrats to Cupcake and Commander for making the Super Bowl.

Houndz, I'll see you in the baseball draft in March. I hope to have better luck with my WR position in this league next year. The WR's I drafted flopped after good year before and earned me last place. Either injured all year, or demoted to their team rarely getting thrown to. I had no teams #1 WR, and so last place.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-29-2022

Good luck in the championship game!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 01-01-2023

Credit to CC and JC. whichever one wins damn sure didn't "back into it".

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 01-02-2023

Congrats to Cupcakes on Super Bowl Win

Good job by Commander who had the lead and lost by about 3 points due to Ravens TE in Sunday night game.

Good Close Championship Game

From the worst team this year which is me, to the Champion, Great Season Cupcakes.

As always, GO BENGALS

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-02-2023

That was a really close championship game. Congrats to Cupcake Johnny for pulling out the W.

I'm in again next season!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)kevin Wrote: Congrats to Cupcakes on Super Bowl Win

Good job by Commander who had the lead and lost by about 3 points due to Ravens TE in Sunday night game.

Good Close Championship Game

From the worst team this year which is me, to the Champion, Great Season Cupcakes.

As always, GO BENGALS

I didn’t think I was going to get it. I was down by about a point and a half. I was actually hoping for a Steelers TD. I knew that if they scored, it’d give the Ravens the ball back needing to score, and TEs get a ton of play when the D is playing prevent.

It worked out. He got 2 catches on that final drive.

Good job to Cøck Commander…super close final, and a great season overall.

Good season everyone. It’s always been a super enjoyable league with enjoyable people in it. I look forward to next year!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 01-02-2023

So, has there been a back-to-back championship team yet in this league? Can we start talking already about my likelihood of repeating?

And will someone please tell me who the cøck commander is?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 01-02-2023

There is a pattern here. Tecmo won last year by having the 2 Super Bowl WR stars of Chase and Kupp. Cupcakes won this year with top pass catchers. Neither had a QB that would go in early rounds or even high middle rounds. But they had those pass catchers. On the other hand, I've had Allen or Mahomes at QB and Henry or Barkley at RB and have did awful both years. So it seems you do not need Allen or Mahomes to win in this league, but you better have early pick pass catchers if you hope to win. Something to remember in August draft. Pass Catchers win Championships in this league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 05:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: And will someone please tell me who the cøck commander is?

Kate Upton

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 01-02-2023

(01-01-2023, 09:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Credit to CC and JC. whichever one wins damn sure didn't "back into it".

Well, you are the resident authority around here when it comes to "backing into things".  Ninja

Congrats CC!

Smoke and mirrors all season long for me. Losing my internet through rds 4-7 made it an uphill battle at WR all season long.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-03-2023

(01-02-2023, 06:01 PM)kevin Wrote: There is a pattern here.  Tecmo won last year by having the 2 Super Bowl WR stars of Chase and Kupp. Cupcakes won this year with top pass catchers.  Neither had a QB that would go in early rounds or even high middle rounds. But they had those pass catchers.  On the other hand, I've had Allen or Mahomes at QB and Henry or Barkley at RB and have did awful both years.  So it seems you do not need Allen or Mahomes to win in this league, but you better have early pick pass catchers if you hope to win.  Something to remember in August draft.  Pass Catchers win Championships in this league.

Our league awards points for receptions. If you can get the WRs catching all the balls and a RB catching passes you're in good shape.

I maintain a lot of luck is needed. I've won fantasy football twice in about a 20 year period. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 01-03-2023

(01-02-2023, 08:44 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, you are the resident authority around here when it comes to "backing into things".  Ninja

Congrats JC!

Smoke and mirrors all season long for me. Losing my internet through rds 4-7 made it an uphill battle at WR all season long.

You mean to tell me you weren't planning on taking 2 Safeties early?  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 01-03-2023

(01-03-2023, 12:25 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You mean to tell me you weren't planning on taking 2 Safeties early?  Hilarious

Yeah, that pretty much sucked hind teet the whole way.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 01-03-2023

(01-02-2023, 05:24 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: And will someone please tell me who the cøck commander is?

Bengal Dude

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 01-04-2023

It appears Johnny has a hit list checking off us scrubs he owned throughout the year.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 02-13-2023

After Super Bowl and media is raving how Mahomes was NFL MVP and Super Bowl MVP. I had him and I had one of the worst Fantasy seasons ever. So having the MVP everything QB doesn't mean much in Fantasy. Tecmo won last year with using whatever QB's he could pick up in free agency, but he had those WR's. In our League, you need those team #1 WRs that get thrown many passes, or Kelce. Most QB's can give you QB points, but there are only 32 team #1 WR's and our 10 teams grab them fast. The #2 or #3 WR's have too many games of few passes their way.

So as everybody in media hypes Mahomes as MVP everything, In this Fantasy it would have been better to have Jefferson of Vikings getting thrown the ball a lot. Or better to have Kelce of Chiefs over Mahomes. I had all MVP everything Mahomes and I had one of longest longest losing streaks this league has ever had. I also took Barkley #1 and year before Henry and had Bills Allen. In this league, I now see the #1 pick better be a WR like Jefferson or Chase or Kelce who get a ton of passes every week. The WR's who only get a few passes are no help. I have had a top RB and a top QB, but the WR's who get few passes each week are last place in this league. Better to have a Jefferson type than Mahomes or Allen or Chubb or Henry. There are not many like Jefferson who get a ton of passes every week, so they go fast in Round 1.

Mahomes may be all everything, but my last place team had him. He isn't even worth a top 3 pick in this league where you need a ton of WR points. Jefferson would have been this leagues MVP this year. I saw that with Tecmo winning with Chase and Kupp last year. Still I took a RB and a QB in my top 3 picks. That works in some fantasy leagues, but not this one so heavy on WR positions, top picks better be #1 teams receivers.

Same with baseball league I've been in. Teams with all hitting finish last place. I do well with Pitching Win guys, but the ones who do great have Pitching Wins and also Saves Pitchers and hitting not so much. And this football league is slanted to needing Jefferson a hundred times more than Mahomes.