Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like JC has renewed. Go to your Yahoo email.

Yep, it's back up again.  Already did 2 mocks.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 06-04-2016

(06-03-2016, 07:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like JC has renewed. Go to your Yahoo email.

Savages

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 06-05-2016

I'm back on board looking to go from 8 to great.

Can we clarify the rules for keepers? I forgot if we decided on anything.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 06-05-2016

(06-05-2016, 11:46 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm back on board looking to go from 8 to great.

Can we clarify the rules for keepers? I forgot if we decided on anything.

Yeah, I'm a little fuzzy on how the keeper idea plays out, as well. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-06-2016

The league has been renewed, as I see that some of you noticed.

When you get a chance, let me know who you want as your keepers. We can set up a deadline to do this. We'll say July 1st just to make sure everything keeps moving along. In the case that you guy that you pick gets injured, we'll figure something out. Hopefully, it doesn't happen that way.

As for the rules, you can pick to keep any player that you drafted, or had on your team before week 8. If you drafted him in the first 8 rounds, you give up the previous round's pick. If you picked him, or drafted him in rounds 9 - 16, you give up your 8th round pick.

You can keep 0, 1, or 2 players.

Any rule/method changes that you want to suggest for the league? Throw them out there and we'll figure it out.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 10:04 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The league has been renewed, as I see that some of you noticed.

When you get a chance, let me know who you want as your keepers. We can set up a deadline to do this. We'll say July 1st just to make sure everything keeps moving along. In the case that you guy that you pick gets injured, we'll figure something out. Hopefully, it doesn't happen that way.

As for the rules, you can pick to keep any player that you drafted, or had on your team before week 8. If you drafted him in the first 8 rounds, you give up the previous round's pick. If you picked him, or drafted him in rounds 9 - 16, you give up your 8th round pick.

You can keep 0, 1, or 2 players.

Any rule/method changes that you want to suggest for the league? Throw them out there and we'll figure it out.

Two questions:

What if you want to keep somebody you picked up on waivers or FA?

By previous round's pick: Do you mean if I drafted someone I want to keep in the 4th round last year, I lose my 3rd rounder this year?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 06-06-2016

Does anyone know how to get a hold of last years draft results? The page I go to on Yahoo is erased for the upcoming draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Two questions:

What if you want to keep somebody you picked up on waivers or FA?

By previous round's pick: Do you mean if I drafted someone I want to keep in the 4th round last year, I lose my 3rd rounder this year?

Yeah, that's the most common rule I could find regarding it, and I think we discussed it sometime last year and agreed on it. 4th round pick? Give up a third this year.

As for players that you picked up as FA or on waivers, I think we decided on having to have them for at least half the season (to prevent a last place team from picking up players like Jordy Nelson or Jamaal Charles in the final weeks to stockpile for this year), and that you would have to give up an 8th round pick for it.

If people don't like these rules, we can discuss other ones. I just wait it to be as fair as possible and I've never played in a keeper league before.

(06-06-2016, 12:42 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Does anyone know how to get a hold of last years draft results? The page I go to on Yahoo is erased for the upcoming draft.

Click on the "Draft" tab, and scroll down to the "last year" option.  It shows who was on your final roster and where they were picked. 

I also cannot find anything that shows the full results of last year's draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 06-06-2016

Do you want us to PM you our choices, or just post them in here?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 06-06-2016

Ok I sent mine in.

(06-06-2016, 01:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do you want us to PM you our choices, or just post them in here?

If you go to the My Team tab while on the league page there is an option called Choose Keepers or something like that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 03:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Ok I sent mine in.

If you go to the My Team tab while on the league page there is an option called Choose Keepers or something like that.

I saw that, is that how we're going to do it? 

When you get a chance remember to import the draft order from last season after picks were traded. On the page were it shows all the picks it says they have to be processed for the new season or something.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 06-06-2016

(06-06-2016, 03:20 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Ok I sent mine in.

When I get home I'll try to link it here

(06-06-2016, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When I get home I'll try to link it here

Good idea didn't think of that.

(06-06-2016, 03:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I saw that, is that how we're going to do it? 

I don't know I thought it was a setting JC just turned on.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-07-2016

(06-06-2016, 03:44 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: When you get a chance remember to import the draft order from last season after picks were traded. On the page were it shows all the picks it says they have to be processed for the new season or something.

I'll look into it all this weekend and try to get everything all set up and ready to roll.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 06-07-2016

Just for the record. And just as I said last year, I just don't want to finish in last place. Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 06-08-2016

Question:

Does the draft order randomize, or do we pick last to first like the NFL does?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 06-11-2016

I'd like to know my draft position before I name my keepers.

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly: If Julio Jones was my 2nd round pick then that means he'll cost me this year's first to keep, right?

Oh, and do we get to choose the total number of keepers, from 0-3. I can choose any of these?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 06-11-2016

Good info, got my keepers selected.