Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-18-2023

(07-17-2023, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Friends it's getting near that time again. If you're in let me know

As always, it's appreciated you run the league.

I'm in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-18-2023

(07-18-2023, 09:47 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm in, I think?  Lol

Of course, you're in. Get those mocks started. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-18-2023

So far I got;
Harley
ASS Commish
Tecmo
Bob
Teeth
Coach

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-19-2023

(07-18-2023, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course, you're in. Get those mocks started. 

I can assure you he's a couple hundred in at this point.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 07-19-2023

Here.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-20-2023

(07-18-2023, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So far I got;
Harley
ASS Commish
Tecmo
Bob
Teeth
Coach

I want to stay in.  I can do better than the lousy season I had last year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-20-2023

(07-18-2023, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So far I got;
Harley
ASS Commish
Tecmo
Bob
Teeth
Coach

Synric and Kevin make 9

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-21-2023

Guess I have a streak of 10.000 semifinals without any finals to defend... so sure, I'm in.

As usual, if a more active and popular poster desperately wants in, I can be asked to step back without me being sour about it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-22-2023

It looks like there are going to be KEEPERS by teams in this draft, per League Yahoo Site settings and rules for 2023. If so, how many per team ? I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2, so that us losers have a chance to draft better teams and take on last years winners.

Ready for another season, and of course GO BENGALS..... Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-22-2023

(07-22-2023, 01:37 PM)kevin Wrote: It looks like there are going to be KEEPERS by teams in this draft, per League Yahoo Site settings and rules for 2023. If so, how many per team ?  I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2, so that us losers have a chance to draft better teams and take on last years winners.

There were keepers like 2 years ago but thought we had decided to get rid of it going forward but not sure, might be misremembering.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-22-2023

(07-21-2023, 08:22 AM)hollodero Wrote: Guess I have a streak of 10.000 semifinals without any finals to defend... so sure, I'm in.

As usual, if a more active and popular poster desperately wants in, I can be asked to step back without me being sour about it.

(07-22-2023, 01:37 PM)kevin Wrote: It looks like there are going to be KEEPERS by teams in this draft, per League Yahoo Site settings and rules for 2023. If so, how many per team ?  I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2, so that us losers have a chance to draft better teams and take on last years winners.

(07-22-2023, 06:17 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: There were keepers like 2 years ago but thought we had decided to get rid of it going forward but not sure, might be misremembering.
Hollo makes 10. 

I usually get the feel of the league about keepers, seems we've kept them more often than not. 

If we do go with them they'll cost you one round higher than when you drafted them last year, but no lower than a 7th rounder.

For instance, I drafted Jaylen Waddle in the 5th round last year if I keep him; it'll cost me a 4th.
Conversely, I drafted DJ Chark in the 12th round last year if I keep him; it'll cost me a 7th

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-22-2023

(07-22-2023, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hollo makes 10. 

I usually get the feel of the league about keepers, seems we've kept them more often than not. 

If we do go with them they'll cost you one round higher than when you drafted them last year, but no lower than a 7th rounder.

For instance, I drafted Jaylen Waddle in the 5th round last year if I keep him; it'll cost me a 4th.
Conversely, I drafted DJ Chark in the 12th round last year if I keep him; it'll cost me a 7th

In the past, how many Keepers per Team did you allow ? Trying to know how many per team.  I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2 Keepers per team, so trying to find out how many Keepers per Team.  Hopefully not unlimited, because wouldn't be much point in having a draft.  I don't care if we have Keepers or not, but hopefully a limit to 1 or 2 per team. I assume people will Keep Jefferson, Chase, McCaffrey, and top players like that, and you mention players you could keep and not give up a top pick, but hopefully teams can't Keep most of their team from last year. I would hope no more than 1 or 2 Keepers Per Team. If we have a hundred players off the board before the draft even starts, why even have a draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-23-2023

(07-22-2023, 07:45 PM)kevin Wrote: In the past, how many Keepers per Team did you allow ? Trying to know how many per team.  I'm hoping no more than 1 or 2 Keepers per team, so trying to find out how many Keepers per Team.  Hopefully not unlimited, because wouldn't be much point in having a draft.  I don't care if we have Keepers or not, but hopefully a limit to 1 or 2 per team.  I assume people will Keep Jefferson, Chase, McCaffrey, and top players like that, and you mention players you could keep and not give up a top pick, but hopefully teams can't Keep most of their team from last year.  I would hope no more than 1 or 2 Keepers Per Team.  If we have a hundred players off the board before the draft even starts, why even have a draft.

It was 2 last time.

Also just for me I hate keepers, it just ruins the draft completely even if it's just 1-2. Especially with new people coming in it makes it even worse.

If we're voting I vote for a fresh redraft but its whatever.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-23-2023

(07-19-2023, 12:58 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I can assure you he's a couple hundred in at this point.  Hilarious

Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-23-2023

(07-22-2023, 07:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hollo makes 10. 

Do I have a roster?  What are the positions?  Yo, don't say 69 pervster.  Lmao

(07-21-2023, 08:22 AM)hollodero Wrote: Guess I have a streak of 10.000 semifinals without any finals to defend... so sure, I'm in.

You're just trembling in immense fear and foreboding at the future...facing me.  Europe.  Ha!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 11:18 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're just trembling in immense fear and foreboding at the future...facing me.  Europe.  Ha!

Ah, you know what they say. Tigers that mewl don't bite. Or something like that. How would I know, I'm just a silly incompetent European that beats you in fantasy football, to your eternal shame.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 01:07 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: It was 2 last time.

Also just for me I hate keepers, it just ruins the draft completely even if it's just 1-2. Especially with new people coming in it makes it even worse.

If we're voting I vote for a fresh redraft but its whatever.

I have no problem with 1 or 2 Keepers.  I've been in baseball leagues of 2 Keepers.  

In my case, I doubt I would give up a Pick One to keep Barkley.  Not sure if I drafted Mahomes 2 or 3, I'll try to find where last years drafts are in system.  I would not Keep both and then struggle to get pass catchers.   I see Barkley going fast in mock drafts, but he was a mistake by me last year so early in draft, as was Deebo Samuel who 49ers didn't use as much as in 2021.   I was not going to Keep Mahomes either, but since I can't get a Jefferson or Chase type, maybe lock in my QB as Mahomes and build around that.  If it turns out I took him in 3 and only have to give up a 2,  even better.  I need to pull up last years draft, wherever that is. 

OK, Mahomes was a 3 so I would have to give up a 2, but not bad, I still get a Pick One. I see the RB Wilson for 49ers and Dolphins last year was a pick 14, and maybe worth a pick 13. He put up OK fantasy points, and only got traded because 49ers added McCaffrey in mid season. I might need a pick 13 RB, and Wilson at 13 as a Keeper not bad. He had big weeks at Miami in Fantasy Points for a Pick 13 Keeper...So maybe I Keep Mahomes in Round 2 and RB- Wilson in Round 13. It gives me plenty of room to draft other needs besides a starting QB and a back up RB. I could have a Round One, then Mahomes, then 3 to 12, then RB-Wilson, then rest of draft. Not bad, and I put Barkley back in draft pool, and I get a Round One Pick. Sounds like a plan. Keep Mahomes and still have a Round One, and build a team around Mahomes as a Round 2 Keeper. Some weeks Wilson gave me more points than Barkley, not bad for a Round 13 Keeper as opposed to a Round 1 Keeper.

I have no problem with League Manager having ONE or TWO Keepers per team.   I think I can still build a better team than the sorry, stinking, lousy, record losing streak team that I put together last year.  I'm still on the record breaking losing streak until I get a Win in 2023.  Some of you guys goals are play-offs, but my first goal is to end one of longest losing streaks in this leagues history. I had too many players pretty much take the whole season off, what a flop Renfro for Raiders was for me after so tough against Bengals in 2021. Theilan of Vikings was a flop. One of my biggest flops was Deebo Samuel, who I took in round 2. No pass catchers ended up in no wins.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-23-2023

I guess I’ll stick around. Has this league had a back to back champion yet?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 11:16 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do I have a roster?  What are the positions?  Yo, don't say 69 pervster.  Lmao

You have the team Rfaulk had last year; he was just babysitting for you. 

I'm pretty sure it was called Made You Cry, but not 100% sure. If someone can verify I'll give you the roster.