Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 02:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I guess I’ll stick around. Has this league had a back to back champion yet?

Nope, nor will it. 

JC makes 11

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-23-2023

(07-23-2023, 02:05 PM)kevin Wrote: I have no problem with 1 or 2 Keepers.  I've been in baseball leagues of 2 Keepers.  

In my case, I doubt I would give up a Pick One to keep Barkley.  Not sure if I drafted Mahomes 2 or 3, I'll try to find where last years drafts are in system.  I would not Keep both and then struggle to get pass catchers.   I see Barkley going fast in mock drafts, but he was a mistake by me last year so early in draft, as was Deebo Samuel who 49ers didn't use as much as in 2021.   I was not going to Keep Mahomes either, but since I can't get a Jefferson or Chase type, maybe lock in my QB as Mahomes and build around that.  If it turns out I took him in 3 and only have to give up a 2,  even better.  I need to pull up last years draft, wherever that is. 

OK, Mahomes was a 3 so I would have to give up a 2, but not bad, I still get a Pick One.  I see the RB Wilson for 49ers and Dolphins last year was a pick 14, and maybe worth a pick 13.  He put up OK fantasy points, and only got traded because 49ers added McCaffrey in mid season. I might need a pick 13 RB, and Wilson at 13 as a Keeper not bad. He had big weeks at Miami in Fantasy Points for a Pick 13 Keeper...So maybe I Keep Mahomes in Round 2 and RB- Wilson in Round 13.  It gives me plenty of room to draft other needs besides a starting QB and a back up RB.  I could have a Round One, then Mahomes, then 3 to 12, then RB-Wilson, then rest of draft.  Not bad, and I put Barkley back in draft pool, and I get a Round One Pick.  Sounds like a plan.  Keep Mahomes and still have a Round One, and build a team around Mahomes as a Round 2 Keeper. Some weeks Wilson gave me more points than Barkley, not bad for a Round 13 Keeper as opposed to a Round 1 Keeper.

I have no problem with League Manager having ONE or TWO Keepers per team.   I think I can still build a better team than the sorry, stinking, lousy, record losing streak team that I put together last year.  I'm still on the record breaking losing streak until I get a Win in 2023.  Some of you guys goals are play-offs, but my first goal is to end one of longest losing streaks in this leagues history.  I had too many players pretty much take the whole season off, what a flop Renfro for Raiders was for me after so tough against Bengals in 2021.  Theilan of Vikings was a flop.  One of my biggest flops was Deebo Samuel, who I took in round 2.   No pass catchers ended up in no wins.

Yea not the end of the world, always liked fresh starts but can roll either way.

(07-23-2023, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You have the team Rfaulk had last year; he was just babysitting for you. 

I'm pretty sure it was called Made You Cry, but not 100% sure. If someone can verify I'll give you the roster. 

Pretty sure you're right on that one.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Bengal Dude - 07-24-2023

I'm in.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-24-2023

(07-23-2023, 05:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, nor will it. 

JC makes 11

JC makes meth in his trailer.  Juat sayin...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-24-2023

(07-23-2023, 05:33 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea not the end of the world, always liked fresh starts but can roll either way.

Pretty sure you're right on that one.

Right, it makes no difference to me.  I just hope it is around only 2 Keepers, and teams can't just keep everybody.  

If it is 2 Keepers, I did a pretty good practice mock draft of a 1st Round Pick, but I took a player rated to go after pick 28 due to Keepers.  Then I had Mahomes in 2 as my Keeper.  Then I just drafted until round 13 and RB-Wilson was gone, but I took a RB to stand in for Wilson as my round 13 Keeper.   I did good in the draft per Yahoo....The key is for me to throw Barkley back in the draft pool....but that changes if we have a lot more than 2 Keepers.  The more Keepers we have, the weaker the draft pool will be with 14 teams.  So I'm hoping around only 2 Keepers per team, and we all can still find good players in THE DRAFT......If many more than 2, then the 1st round will stink, and I might as well keep Barkley, which I do not want to do.....Based on 2 Keepers per team, I liked the players in my mock in One and Three bookending keeping Mahomes in Two. I can see RB- Wilson in 13 good, because he was off the board by 13.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-25-2023

(07-24-2023, 06:38 PM)kevin Wrote: Right, it makes no difference to me.  I just hope it is around only 2 Keepers, and teams can't just keep everybody.  

If it is 2 Keepers, I did a pretty good practice mock draft of a 1st Round Pick, but I took a player rated to go after pick 28 due to Keepers.  Then I had Mahomes in 2 as my Keeper.  Then I just drafted until round 13 and RB-Wilson was gone, but I took a RB to stand in for Wilson as my round 13 Keeper.   I did good in the draft per Yahoo....The key is for me to throw Barkley back in the draft pool....but that changes if we have a lot more than 2 Keepers.  The more Keepers we have, the weaker the draft pool will be with 14 teams.  So I'm hoping around only 2 Keepers per team, and we all can still find good players in THE DRAFT......If many more than 2, then the 1st round will stink, and I might as well keep Barkley, which I do not want to do.....Based on 2 Keepers per team, I liked the players in my mock in One and Three bookending keeping Mahomes in Two. I can see RB- Wilson in 13 good, because he was off the board by 13.

IF we do play Keepers it'll be 2 at most. I have no problem with keepers or starting fresh

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 09:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IF we do play Keepers it'll be 2 at most. I have no problem with keepers or starting fresh

I got no issue with Keepers but if were voting I'll throw my vote into the fresh start option.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-25-2023

Commish suggests:

There will be no keepers this year.

There will not be more than 12 teams in the league

We're at 11 now. If 2 more show up, I'll give up my spot and just moderate.

We'll start a new "relegation" rule this year. If you're bottom 2; you're out. First 2 on the "wait list" take your spot.

You go back on the waitlist,

Thoughts?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-25-2023

(07-25-2023, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Commish suggests:

We'll start a new "relegation" rule this year. If you're bottom 2; you're out. First 2 on the "wait list" take your spot.

Thoughts?

If the last few years are any indication we may be in trouble with that one  Hilarious

On a serious note, would suck to lose active people because of a couple injuries or a bad draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 07-25-2023

Thoughts?

I like it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-26-2023

(07-25-2023, 11:00 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If the last few years are any indication we may be in trouble with that one  Hilarious

On a serious note, would suck to lose active people because of a couple injuries or a bad draft.

Only because asked, " Thoughts ". 

I never gave up last year.  I started OK, but then had a losing streak. Some of those losses were be just a few points.  So the idea that if you finish in the last 2 spots you are kicked out of the league is getting kicked when you are down.  Anybody can have a bad season. Some of the best from last year and most popular on here can have a bad season this year and get the boot, and I mean anybody on here.   

So I kind of liked the League Manager making it 14 teams last year.  I'm not for going back to 12, and whoever finishes last gets kicked out of the league.  14 was good, and I'd like to see the League Manager have a team. 

Now if someone just drafts and then walks away and doesn't do anything but draft and as an absentee manager ends in last, I can see removing them. I have seen people in baseball and football fantasy who do Draft Day and nothing else and it's pretty obvious, and people who do that in leagues should get removed the next season.  However my warning to everybody on here is that anybody on here can have a bad season and get kicked out of the league next year, so be careful what you wish for.   

I liked the 14 teams league manager came up with last year.  This year I have no problem with Keepers or No Keepers.   I agree with Bob Jones though on not kicking people out if they have a bad season.  Anybody on here could have a bad season.  There is LUCK involved.  Now if somebody only does Draft Day and the clearly does nothing else all season, thus having line-ups of bye week players or injured players while people who could start for points are on bench.  I see in different leagues people who do Draft Day and that is all they do, and of course those type last place teams need weeded out.  I can say that last year I was trying to win, and came close many weeks.  You lose by a couple points here and there, and BOOM, you got a bad season.  It could happen to anybody on here. 

So my thoughts :  Keep the 14 teams as league manager came up with last year.  I thought that was good. ....Keepers or No Keepers, either is OK.....but I'm not for kicking out the 2 teams that finish last, unless a team manager clearly only does The Draft and then doesn't play the game all season, just Drafts and walks away. 

My THOUGHTS.....but it ain't up to me....Just my input on Thoughts.....I thought League Manager came up with good stuff last year in 14 teams, and his maybe around 2 Keepers ain't bad either.  I don't want to see the League Manager not have a team, I want him to have a shot at winning this thing.  I think him going to 14 teams last year was good.  In 2021, I was doing good until Henry got injured, and in 2022, I started OK, but I had many pass catchers injured and some very close losses.  One season was 12 teams, one season was 14 teams.  2 extra teams had nothing to do with my team injuries, nor did it change the free agent pool that much.  So 14 teams and the League Manager in playing trying to win.  

Another Thought.  Some kidding cast insults at the League Manager.  I never have.  Now when he asks for people's thoughts before season, I'll give mine.   But my Thought is that the League Manager does a great job with this, but you can't please everybody.  It's why I stopped doing DJ music for clubs, you please most, but somebody is always going to say you didn't play enough old rock, or enough old country, or enough new country, or enough rap, or enough Motown, so 99 % are happy, but to please 100 % is just impossible......So I just want to say that I think the League Manager does a great job, and we have benefited by being in this Bengals League thanks to him. 

and as always....GO BENGALS....2 years in a row coming close to Super Bowl win,  close with Super Bowl Champ Rams and then close with Super Bowl Champ Chiefs.  Bengals could win it all this year.  GO BENGALS. 

Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 07-26-2023

Thoughts?

I am against you not actively participating in the league. You organize it all, you deserve to have fun playing the game. If this idea is followed through, it should be other people going on the wait list. Like me, for example. I'd volunteer.

That being said, I am not against it. We could reactivate the "other bengals board league" as some kind of qualifier and let the two finalists advance. Or the top three even, replacing the three worst teams.

What I will say, if there are just 12 teams I'm all for expanding the roster again. A second RB at the very least, but possibly even more spots like a TE or third WR.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-26-2023

(07-26-2023, 09:01 AM)hollodero Wrote: I am against you not actively participating in the league. You organize it all, you deserve to have fun playing the game. If this idea is followed through, it should be other people going on the wait list. Like me, for example. I'd volunteer.

That being said, I am not against it. We could reactivate the "other bengals board league" as some kind of qualifier and let the two finalists advance. Or the top three even, replacing the three worst teams.

What I will say, if there are just 12 teams I'm all for expanding the roster again. A second RB at the very least, but possibly even more spots like a TE or third WR.

Yea I'm fine with only 12 if it's all we can find, but if we end up with 13 surely we could find one more and go to 14 so bfine doesn't have to sit out.

Also all for expanding the roster if we're at 12, maybe even a roster shakeup if we end up at 14 again with maybe another RB or TE only spot.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-26-2023

Thoughts?

I'm with hollo.  You play or I'm the new guy out.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-26-2023

What if The Bengals would have been kicked out of The NFL after the 2019 or 2020 season's ??? They don't get to bounce back and have Super Bowl type years in 2021 or 2022.

Be careful what some of you are wishing for. Any of you could have a bad 2023 Fantasy Season, in spite of how great you may think you are, it could be you getting the boot next season. All it takes is some very close losses and some major injuries.

So I am with Bob Jones on this. No to the last place teams getting dumped to add in others.

This is why I say keep it 14 teams and by all means have the League Manager with a team and playing.

Now people who only Draft or quit during season, by all means replace them. You can tell when someone quits during season, they have starting rosters of Bye Week or Injured players while players who could get points ride the bench, so they have clearly quit during the season.

If we had been using this dump the 2 teams with worst records, last year Poppies and Houndizzles would not have been in after 2021. This year Sho Nuff and Me would not be in after 2022. That makes Poppies, Houndizzles, Sho Nuff and Me out of League. I can point out none of these 4 teams had back to back bad seasons. I will point out that a bad season can happen to Anybody, even those who think they are unbeatable.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-27-2023

Thoughts?

Try and expand before giving up your spot. To be a fun ""Bengals Board League" we need active posters and fantasy owners. It's part of the fun. 

Nah, because I don't want to risk losing a really active owner who came upon bad luck with injured players, etc. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 07-27-2023

I’m in, if there’s still a spot. Missed these posts. Didn’t get an email that I remember. But my memory aint what it used to be sometimes.
3rd times a charm…

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-27-2023

(07-27-2023, 09:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Try and expand before giving up your spot. To be a fun ""Bengals Board League" we need active posters and fantasy owners. It's part of the fun. 

Nah, because I don't want to risk losing a really active owner who came upon bad luck with injured players, etc. 

[Image: bravo-applause.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 07-27-2023

Thoughts?

If you have too many I can give up my spot and just rotate back in if you need another person later. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-27-2023

Well I am "The People's Commish" as opposed to my ASS. So we'll roll with 14 and no Keepers.

Managers who have RSVP'd:

Coach
Bob
Harley
Dude
Synric
kevin
Hollo
JC
Teeth
Slade
Tecmo