Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I am "The People's Commish" as opposed to my ASS. So we'll roll with 14 and no Keepers.

Managers who have RSVP'd:

Coach
Bob
Harley
Dude
Synric
kevin
Hollo
JC
Teeth
Slade
Tecmo
Vas
bfine

Manager Ghosting:
Cloe; I'll PM him.

Excellent.  You are THE PEOPLES COMMISH, and good to see you have a team.

Now for whatever form of picking something with a hidden draft position to it.  The way you have did it is fair and works well.  I still don't know what we were picking from in 2021, but it doesn't matter, I picked something off the list and you gave me my hidden draft spot to what I picked. 

Burrow carted off with a calf injury.  OUCH....I hope Burrow not too badly injured, because GO BENGALS.... Tiger

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 07-29-2023

(07-28-2023, 03:12 PM)kevin Wrote: Excellent.  You are THE PEOPLES COMMISH, and good to see you have a team.

Now for whatever form of picking something with a hidden draft position to it.  The way you have did it is fair and works well.  I still don't know what we were picking from in 2021, but it doesn't matter, I picked something off the list and you gave me my hidden draft spot to what I picked. 

Burrow carted off with a calf injury.  OUCH....I hope Burrow not too badly injured, because GO BENGALS.... Tiger

Wasting no time and ready for draft positions, I like it.

Hoping for 1st or last pick ThumbsUp

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 07-29-2023

Sweet, am I picking a feline, pro wrestler, all-time great QB, color, or rock band to determine my draft slot this year? Wink

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-02-2023

I have a question for the experts. I've ran a FF league at work for the past few years. Last year was 14 teams and this year a couple more want in. Does anyone know a way where we can all play in 1 league but have 2 different draft pools?

I'm talking 2 different 8-10 team divisions where each division drafts separately, plays mostly in their division, and then the 2 Champs play in a final. They may have some of the same players.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-02-2023

(08-02-2023, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a question for the experts. I've ran a FF league at work for the past few years. Last year was 14 teams and this year a couple more want in. Does anyone know a way where we can all play in 1 league but have 2 different draft pools?

I'm talking 2 different 8-10 team divisions where each division drafts separately, plays mostly in their division, and then the 2 Champs play in a final. They may have some of the same players.

http://home.myfantasyleague.com/features/any-size-league/

Quote:Deluxe Leagues!

You can have a separate Player Pool and a Separate Draft for each Conference or Division. It’s like having Multiple Leagues within one league.

Only one I know of and have never personally used it but it seems to do what you're looking for.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-03-2023

(08-02-2023, 11:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: http://home.myfantasyleague.com/features/any-size-league/

Only one I know of and have never personally used it but it seems to do what you're looking for.

Thanks. I think I'll just go standard and limit the roster

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-03-2023

(08-02-2023, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a question for the experts. I've ran a FF league at work for the past few years. Last year was 14 teams and this year a couple more want in. Does anyone know a way where we can all play in 1 league but have 2 different draft pools?

I asked your question in Bing AI chat. Results below.

Yes, it is possible to have two different draft pools in one league in Yahoo Fantasy Football. You can create two different divisions for an added element of competition. Once you enable divisions, you’ll be able to edit divisional play and seeding options[color=var(--cib-color-foreground-system-link-primary)][color=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/color][/color].

I hope this helps!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-03-2023

To add to my post, I think you can have up to 20 teams.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-03-2023

To BeFine :

My only hope is that 2 leagues doesn't cost you too much money. It does cost something to start a league, I think. I looked at starting a league once, but I hit delete when it asked me for the money.

That said, however you do it is fine with me.

I assume we will draft after a couple preseason games, but before season starts. Players do get injured in Preseason Games, and that would be a team behind the 8 ball before the season even starts. I think we have been drafting after preseason, which is a good time to draft.

The 2 Leagues that someone mentioned sounds OK, but then I'm not the one paying for 2 different leagues. 2 Leagues of 10 would get 6 more in, and also create a much better free agent pool for teams who get a bad injury. Or the league of 14 is also fine.....Whatever The League Manager decides.

(08-03-2023, 09:54 PM)kevin Wrote: To BeFine :

My only hope is that 2 leagues doesn't cost you too much money.  It does cost something to start a league, I think.  I looked at starting a league once, but I hit delete when it asked me for the money.  

I assume we will draft after a couple preseason games, but before season starts.  Players do get injured in Preseason Games, and that would be a team behind the 8 ball before the season even starts.  I think we have been drafting after preseason, which is a good time to draft.

The 2 Leagues that someone mentioned sounds OK, but then I'm not the one paying for 2 different leagues.  2 Leagues of 10 would get 6 more in, and also create a much better free agent pool for teams who get a bad injury.  Or the league of 14 is also fine.....Whatever The League Manager decides.

I'm not talking about this league. I'm talking about a league at work. 

(08-03-2023, 08:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I asked your question in Bing AI chat. Results below.

Yes, it is possible to have two different draft pools in one league in Yahoo Fantasy Football. You can create two different divisions for an added element of competition. Once you enable divisions, you’ll be able to edit divisional play and seeding options[color=var(--cib-color-foreground-system-link-primary)][color=var(--cib-color-foreground-accent-primary)]1[/color][/color].

I hope this helps!

Great, I'll look into it. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-04-2023

(08-03-2023, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not talking about this league. I'm talking about a league at work. 

Ok, I didn't see or read that part.  So this is for the people you work with.   Has no effect on this league.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-04-2023

(08-03-2023, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not talking about this league. I'm talking about a league at work. 

Thats unfortunate. I think having 2 divisions in this league would be pretty competitive for the following reasons:

- You can eliminate people on standby and let them play.

-Trying to create competitive teams in a 10-12 man league is difficult and usually gets 1 or 2 teams that consist of a roster that couldn't win no matter how hard they tried. This wouldn't prevent that but only make it less likely to happen.

-Divisions would be smaller and more players would be available.

Just a thought, because I thought you were talking about this league also. But if we do it the normal way, that's great too. I just like to play FF.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-04-2023

(08-03-2023, 09:54 PM)kevin Wrote: To BeFine :

My only hope is that 2 leagues doesn't cost you too much money.  It does cost something to start a league, I think.  I looked at starting a league once, but I hit delete when it asked me for the money.  

I assume we will draft after a couple preseason games, but before season starts.  Players do get injured in Preseason Games, and that would be a team behind the 8 ball before the season even starts.  I think we have been drafting after preseason, which is a good time to draft.

The 2 Leagues that someone mentioned sounds OK, but then I'm not the one paying for 2 different leagues.  2 Leagues of 10 would get 6 more in, and also create a much better free agent pool for teams who get a bad injury.  Or the league of 14 is also fine.....Whatever The League Manager decides.

It's free to start a league on both Yahoo and ESPN. I think there are options on both sites to create money leagues, and Yahoo even has its own betting like Fanduel and DraftKings. But it's not required to pay money to play normal FF.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-04-2023

We ever get a 14th? Anybody on the list to fill in if he doesn't show up?

Need that draft position so I can get a couple mock drafts in    Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 05:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We ever get a 14th? Anybody on the list to fill in if he doesn't show up?

Need that draft position so I can get a couple mock drafts in    Hilarious

I can get us a 14th owner, if need be, no worries. Not an active poster but is a registered member of the boards. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-05-2023

(07-27-2023, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I am "The People's Commish" as opposed to my ASS. So we'll roll with 14 and no Keepers.

Managers who have RSVP'd:

Coach
Bob
Harley
Dude
Synric
kevin
Hollo
JC
Teeth
Slade
Tecmo
Vas
bfine

Manager Ghosting:
Cloe; I'll PM him.
Sounds like League Manager has 14 covered.  In fact, he says he has a Waiting List to join.  So much so that LM has suggested the 2 last place teams this year may not be eligible to join next year, and that indeed means he has 14 covered due to his Waiting List. So people trying to suggest player 14 to LM may be a moot point if LM says he has a Waiting List to Join.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 08-05-2023

(08-04-2023, 05:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We ever get a 14th?

That certainly won't be an issue. I'd even know a German Browns fan who desperately would want to join a good league like this one. I tell him no way year after year :)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 01:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: That certainly won't be an issue. I'd even know a German Browns fan who desperately would want to join a good league like this one. I tell him no way year after year :)

A German Browns fan?  Next you'll be telling us they follow Pittsburgh in Ireland.  I thought they ran the commies out of Berlin man?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-05-2023

(08-03-2023, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Great, I'll look into it. 

Is there like a join link there chief?