Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 12:46 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Or just get rid of it and replace it with a mandatory TE spot.

If we're not going to open up the scoring, I am all for that. Ts, that's a pretty closed-minded approach. Using that position properly opens up an entire new pool of scoring players to choose from. 

It can be a fun addition in FF if done properly. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 12:31 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we're not going to open up the scoring, I am all for that. Ts, that's a pretty closed-minded approach. Using that position properly opens up an entire new pool of scoring players to choose from. 

It can be a fun addition in FF if done properly. 

All for it, but like you said it's just a waste of time if it's gonna be 0-2 points every week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-08-2023

Don't want to do TEs; especially in a 14-Team league. I will research and make the DP more relevant

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-08-2023

(08-07-2023, 12:30 AM)hollodero Wrote: In my league I used legendary norwegian ski jumpers... don't know if that's of any interest. Well I do know, it is not, I mention it anyways.

I'm interested.  I myself use Danish ski jumpers.  Personal taste I guess.  Norway huh?  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-08-2023

(08-07-2023, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll get it going tomorrow and you don't need to know what rfaulk left you as we are starting fresh. As to the 14th: Cloe never answered the PM, if faulk wants 14 it's his, if not I'll find a board member.

As to the draft criteria...I'm thinking trees

I'm not digging the vibe here mouthy.  You get Mauled first.  Tiger's Maulers 2.0, back for another first year trophy!  I want faulk in!  Wildcats are funny against Beasts of Prey!  Bwahahahahaha!  Lol

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-08-2023

(08-08-2023, 03:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not digging the vibe here mouthy.  You get Mauled first.  Tiger's Maulers 2.0, back for another first year trophy!  I want faulk in!  Wildcats are funny against Beasts of Prey!  Bwahahahahaha!  Lol

Oh don't worry. I'm in and my first order of business is to change my team name to 'Mikey's Daddy'. 

(08-06-2023, 08:51 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I just wanna pick a color and see where I'm picking so I can do a mock draft  Hilarious

[Image: chris-evans-laughing-out-loud.gif]

(08-08-2023, 03:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh don't worry. I'm in and my first order of business is to change my team name to 'Mikey's Daddy'. 

Hold me daddy!
[Image: clemsontigers-alabama.gif]

(08-08-2023, 05:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hold me daddy!
[Image: clemsontigers-alabama.gif]

I don't know what that tiger's left paw connected with but i damn sure know it had to hurt. 

(08-08-2023, 04:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: chris-evans-laughing-out-loud.gif]

Quick story;

The other day i decided to jump in a mock for the hell of it and there were 2 guys in there named Mike. 

[Image: HilariousSlushyAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-09-2023

(08-08-2023, 02:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't want to do TEs; especially in a 14-Team league. I will research and make the DP more relevant

There are a couple good Tight Ends in NFL, but not 14.  I like the WR/TE option you've used.  Let's a person use a WR, but sometimes a TE gets hot in free agency worth putting in there. 

As for Defensive Player.  After so few points last year, I was going to do as some did and not even carry a defensive player.  

Maybe no TE position but no D Player position either, and just add an extra starting position OR an extra bench depth spot.  Due to injuries and bye weeks, a bench depth spot would be more helpful than the low scoring D Player not even worth drafting.  Then that spot would vary because one person might want to carry a bye week QB, another person might want a bye week Defense, or a bye week Running Back or a bye week WR or TE.  So not all of the 14 teams would draft the same type injury or bye week depth 

Or no TE, and no D Player and keep roster as you have them without adding one more roster spot.  D Player was a good idea, but I don't know how you are going to make it more relevant and worth drafting.  

OK, let me make up something.  People won't like this, but I'm just tinkering with an idea here.  D PLAYER :  1 point per tackle.  3 points per sack. 3 points per interception. 3 points per fumble recovery. 4 points per safety.  6 points per touchdown by the D Player.....OR for more points, make it 2 points per tackle.  So if a player makes 7 tackles, that is 14 points PLUS if he does any of these other things he gets more points.  That would make D Player very relevant.  This also makes it so all D positions can score, not just pass rushers. .....OR just don't have a D Player position. .....So on scoring I pulled out of my wazzo, Lets say Bengals Hendrickson has 6 tackles and 2 sacks. 12 points for tackles and 6 points for sacks, so an 18 point day, and those are relevant points. Lets say a DB for somebody has 5 tackles and 1 interception, that is 13 points and relevant. Of course scoring should be 6 points, but D players don't score that often. Let's say Hendrickson has a Monster Day. 8 tackles, 3 sacks, a safety and a fumble recovery for a touchdown. 16 points for tackles. 9 points for sacks. 4 points for safety. 3 points for fumble recovery, 6 points for TD. So Henderson would get 37 points for such a Monster Day. But lets say somebody has a LB or DB that has 7 tackles, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery and a TD. 14 points for the tackles, 3 for interception, 3 for fumble recovery, 6 for TD, That is 26 points for an LB or DB Monster Day....and now D Player has points that are relevant. However our D Players will not have days like this every week, but they should put up more points than our scoring system last year where they put up no points,

Whatever you come up with is fine.  If it is like last year, I will do like others and not even carry a D Player.  I think you need points per tackle to accumulate any points on this.  Now some might say if a D Player has a monster day he might score 30 or 40 points. Well, WR's and RB's on a monster day can score 30 or 40, even a Kicker or a Defense, so why not a D Player ? If the D Player can only score a few points a game, why even bother with it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-10-2023

(08-09-2023, 02:25 PM)kevin Wrote: There are a couple good Tight Ends in NFL, but not 14.  I like the WR/TE option you've used.  Let's a person use a WR, but sometimes a TE gets hot in free agency worth putting in there. 

As for Defensive Player.  After so few points last year, I was going to do as some did and not even carry a defensive player.  

Maybe no TE position but no D Player position either, and just add an extra starting position OR an extra bench depth spot.  Due to injuries and bye weeks, a bench depth spot would be more helpful than the low scoring D Player not even worth drafting.  Then that spot would vary because one person might want to carry a bye week QB, another person might want a bye week Defense, or a bye week Running Back or a bye week WR or TE.  So not all of the 14 teams would draft the same type injury or bye week depth 

Or no TE, and no D Player and keep roster as you have them without adding one more roster spot.  D Player was a good idea, but I don't know how you are going to make it more relevant and worth drafting.  

OK, let me make up something.  People won't like this, but I'm just tinkering with an idea here.  D PLAYER :  1 point per tackle.  3 points per sack. 3 points per interception. 3 points per fumble recovery. 4 points per safety.  6 points per touchdown by the D Player.....OR for more points, make it 2 points per tackle.  So if a player makes 7 tackles, that is 14 points PLUS if he does any of these other things he gets more points.  That would make D Player very relevant.  This also makes it so all D positions can score, not just pass rushers. .....OR just don't have a D Player position. .....So on scoring I pulled out of my wazzo, Lets say Bengals Hendrickson has 6 tackles and 2 sacks. 12 points for tackles and 6 points for sacks, so an 18 point day, and those are relevant points.  Lets say a DB for somebody has 5 tackles and 1 interception, that is 13 points and relevant.  Of course scoring should be 6 points, but D players don't score that often. Let's say Hendrickson has a Monster Day. 8 tackles, 3 sacks, a safety and a fumble recovery for a touchdown.  16 points for tackles. 9 points for sacks. 4 points for safety. 3 points for fumble recovery, 6 points for TD.   So Henderson would get 37 points for such a Monster Day. But lets say somebody has a LB or DB that has 7 tackles, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery and a TD.  14 points for the tackles, 3 for interception, 3 for fumble recovery, 6 for TD,  That is 26 points for an LB or DB Monster Day....and now D Player has points that are relevant.  However our D Players will not have days like this every week, but they should put up more points than our scoring system last year where they put up no points,

Whatever you come up with is fine.  If it is like last year, I will do like others and not even carry a D Player.  I think you need points per tackle to accumulate any points on this.  Now some might say if a D Player has a monster day he might score 30 or 40 points.  Well, WR's and RB's on a monster day can score 30 or 40, even a Kicker or a Defense, so why not a D Player ?  If the D Player can only score a few points a game, why even bother with it.

This scoring system is fairly close, actually. An average day for the IDP should score between 12-20 on average, with a monster, monster day approaching 40 points. That is how one makes the IDP a relevant fantasy position. It should roughly be equivalent to what one might get out of an RB or WR. In a 14-team format every team should be able to roster a fantasy relevant defender. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2023

(08-09-2023, 02:25 PM)kevin Wrote: There are a couple good Tight Ends in NFL, but not 14.  I like the WR/TE option you've used.  Let's a person use a WR, but sometimes a TE gets hot in free agency worth putting in there. 

OK, let me make up something.  People won't like this, but I'm just tinkering with an idea here.  D PLAYER :  1 point per tackle.  3 points per sack. 3 points per interception. 3 points per fumble recovery. 4 points per safety.  6 points per touchdown by the D Player.....OR for more points, make it 2 points per tackle.  So if a player makes 7 tackles, that is 14 points PLUS if he does any of these other things he gets more points.  That would make D Player very relevant.  This also makes it so all D positions can score, not just pass rushers. .....OR just don't have a D Player position. .....So on scoring I pulled out of my wazzo, Lets say Bengals Hendrickson has 6 tackles and 2 sacks. 12 points for tackles and 6 points for sacks, so an 18 point day, and those are relevant points.  Lets say a DB for somebody has 5 tackles and 1 interception, that is 13 points and relevant.  Of course scoring should be 6 points, but D players don't score that often. Let's say Hendrickson has a Monster Day. 8 tackles, 3 sacks, a safety and a fumble recovery for a touchdown.  16 points for tackles. 9 points for sacks. 4 points for safety. 3 points for fumble recovery, 6 points for TD.   So Henderson would get 37 points for such a Monster Day. But lets say somebody has a LB or DB that has 7 tackles, 1 interception, 1 fumble recovery and a TD.  14 points for the tackles, 3 for interception, 3 for fumble recovery, 6 for TD,  That is 26 points for an LB or DB Monster Day....and now D Player has points that are relevant.  However our D Players will not have days like this every week, but they should put up more points than our scoring system last year where they put up no points,

Whatever you come up with is fine.  If it is like last year, I will do like others and not even carry a D Player.  I think you need points per tackle to accumulate any points on this.  Now some might say if a D Player has a monster day he might score 30 or 40 points.  Well, WR's and RB's on a monster day can score 30 or 40, even a Kicker or a Defense, so why not a D Player ?  If the D Player can only score a few points a game, why even bother with it.

Are your fingers sore, bro?   Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 03:46 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This scoring system is fairly close, actually. An average day for the IDP should score between 12-20 on average, with a monster, monster day approaching 40 points. That is how one makes the IDP a relevant fantasy position. It should roughly be equivalent to what one might get out of an RB or WR. In a 14-team format every team should be able to roster a fantasy relevant defender. 

Yep. A simple tweak of the scoring system fixes the problem. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-10-2023

(08-10-2023, 03:46 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This scoring system is fairly close, actually. An average day for the IDP should score between 12-20 on average, with a monster, monster day approaching 40 points. That is how one makes the IDP a relevant fantasy position. It should roughly be equivalent to what one might get out of an RB or WR. In a 14-team format every team should be able to roster a fantasy relevant defender. 

and I'm suggesting to LM to have points per tackle. 1 or 2 points.   Then of course have points for sacks, interceptions, fumble recoveries, touchdowns by D Player.  LM says he is looking at ways to make the D Player points more, then the simplest tweak is for the LM to click on Points Per Tackle and add some Tackle points.  Tackles happen far more and a D Player TD is very rare. .....So much so, that without Tackle points it will again be pointless to carry a low scoring D Player. 

Of course however LM wants to do it is fine.  He did say he didn't want a TE, but was looking at how to up the D Player Points....and I suggest adding 1 or 2points per Tackle, and that Tweak would make D Player points more significant, no matter a D Line or LB or DB. 

Last year, some didn't even carry a D Player since the points scored were so few. I'm all for LM raising the points a D Player can get. Adding Points per Tackle would be simple enough. The LM is saying D player points last year were not enough, and he would like to increase D Player points. I am suggesting Points Per Tackle added, which would be be a simple tweak. 1 or 2 points per tackle would at least get most D Players off of zero points, and give members more reason to carry a D Player. The scoring for D Player was not good last year, LM has already said he wants to increase D Player Points So sacks and interceptions and D TD's are few, but D Players make 5 to 10 tackles a game, so Points Per Tackle is quick way to increase D Player Points.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-11-2023

(08-10-2023, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. A simple tweak of the scoring system fixes the problem. 

Yep, just adding one point per tackle sets us on the right course. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2023

(08-10-2023, 08:52 PM)kevin Wrote: and I'm suggesting to LM to have points per tackle. 1 or 2 points.   Then of course have points for sacks, interceptions, fumble recoveries, touchdowns by D Player.  LM says he is looking at ways to make the D Player points more, then the simplest tweak is for the LM to click on Points Per Tackle and add some Tackle points.  Tackles happen far more and a D Player TD is very rare. .....So much so, that without Tackle points it will again be pointless to carry a low scoring D Player. 

Of course however LM wants to do it is fine.  He did say he didn't want a TE, but was looking at how to up the D Player Points....and I suggest adding 1 or 2points per Tackle, and that Tweak would make D Player points more significant, no matter a D Line or LB or DB. 

Last year, some didn't even carry a D Player since the points scored were so few. I'm all for LM raising the points a D Player can get.  Adding Points per Tackle would be simple enough. The LM is saying D player points last year were not enough, and he would like to increase D Player points.  I am suggesting Points Per Tackle added, which would be be a simple tweak. 1 or 2 points per tackle would at least get most D Players off of zero points, and give members more reason to carry a D Player.  The scoring for D Player was not good last year, LM has already said he wants to increase D Player Points   So sacks and interceptions and D TD's are few, but D Players make 5 to 10 tackles a game, so Points Per Tackle is quick way to increase D Player Points.

Are you ***** with me rn?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-11-2023

Folks shoulda got an email about where I made some changes. Let me know what you think. You can check it out in the league settings, but they are:

Scoring: Defensive Player now gets 1 point/solo, 0.5 points/assist, and 1 point for TFL.

Roster: QB(1)/WR(2)/RB(1)/W-R-T(1)/K(1)/DEF(1)/D.Player(1)/Bench(4)/IR(2)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-11-2023

(08-08-2023, 05:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick story;

The other day i decided to jump in a mock for the hell of it and there were 2 guys in there named Mike. 

[Image: HilariousSlushyAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif]

Who's Mike?  
[Image: suspicious-mr-rogers.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks shoulda got an email about where I made some changes. Let me know what you think. You can check it out in the league settings, but they are:

Scoring: Defensive Player now gets 1 point/solo, 0.5 points/assist, and 1 point for TFL.

Roster: QB(1)/WR(2)/RB(1)/W-R-T(1)/K(1)/DEF(1)/D.Player(1)/Bench(4)/IR(2)

I haven't gotten anything there boss.  Where's my link?