Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 08:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I appreciate the personal sentiment.

I'll keep my spot in the league and attempt to compete from week-to-week.

Yes, hope your Family stuff is fine

I disagree that your team needs a complete tweak.   You had pick 7, so Jefferson and Chase were off the board anyway.  You got Kupp and Waddle for 2 top Wr's and Steelers Harris as a solid RB and you know Steelers coach is going to give him carries to help out the young QB.  Plus you got Lawrence at QB who could have the best QB season of anybody in the draft.  You got the Dallas D for crying out loud. You got Tucker as your kicker.  

I see you already dropped 2 players.  What you need is a D Player.   You are showing projected losing week one by 5 points, but not if you add a D Player.  Did somebody take that monster DE for Dallas nobody can block.  If so, what other D Monsters are out there that just take over NFL games.  Only 14 teams, has to be some good D Player F/A to add, And THAT gives you starting player points to be projected to win week one.  

So do not tweak your entire team.  As LM says, most of your team is good.  Those telling you to tweak or trade your whole team only want to steal Lawrence, Kupp, Waddle, Harris, Cowboys D or Tucker from you.  For Pick 7, you got good players.  Lawrence is the best QB in the AFC South, and he is going to throw for around 4,500 yards or more.   Yahoo gave you some top players at Pick 7, and as LM and I are telling you, trying to change all those players would be your real misteke, Yahoo gave you some good players. 

You do need to start a D Player week one, because LM upped the D Player points.  You not having a D Player is why you are projected to lose week one by 5 points, no D Player.  You add a MONSTER D Player, and you get better right there.  Again, did anybody take that Dallas monster nobody can block ???  If so, there are other Monsters on D in F/A. 

Kupp and Waddle might be better than year you had Kupp and Chase. Kupp will lead Rams in receiving. Waddle will lead Dolphins in receiving. Harris will lead Steelers in rushing. Cowboys D will be great again. Tucker still HOF kicker. Lawrence could have best QB year of anybody, and best QB in AFC South.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 10:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm open for trading season. My auto-draft squad isn't giving me the feels so make offers if you want.

Who you looking to trade? You know I'm always down to shake things up with a trade so send me some offers.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 02:31 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, hope your Family stuff is fine

All is well, thank you.
(08-25-2023, 05:57 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: so send me some offers.

No, you have to send me offers.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-25-2023

I'm putting Bob as the league winner; Mahomes, 2 WRs that get 100 receptions, and nice grab with the rookie RB.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 08-25-2023

(08-25-2023, 07:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm putting Bob as the league winner; Mahomes, 2 WRs that get 100 receptions, and nice grab with the rookie RB.

Damn. He prepared. Hell, I thought the draft started at 7. Thought I was logging on early and bam, it was starting in 8 minutes. Not like I prepared anyway, but making a dramatic excuse for how bad my team will suck this year. Unless, Bob wants to do some trading for some hopefuls? HAHA 

What would you give me for Kelsey Bob? Don't think small.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-26-2023

(08-25-2023, 07:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm putting Bob as the league winner; Mahomes, 2 WRs that get 100 receptions, and nice grab with the rookie RB.

(08-25-2023, 07:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn. He prepared. Hell, I thought the draft started at 7. Thought I was logging on early and bam, it was starting in 8 minutes. Not like I prepared anyway, but making a dramatic excuse for how bad my team will suck this year. Unless, Bob wants to do some trading for some hopefuls? HAHA 

What would you give me for Kelsey Bob? Don't think small.

You guys just jinxed me for sure, incoming disaster season.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-26-2023

(08-25-2023, 07:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: All is well, thank you.

No, you have to send me offers.  Hilarious
If you go to D Players and trust in Yahoo projected scoring per our LM new D stats,  you will see players like Zaire Franklin would give you the week one and season points needed to improve that position and your teams starting points.  It shows Sneed also, but he is questionable for week one with knee swelling.  Franklin is set again to be Colts lead tackler and one of best LB's in NFL.   I see Bob got Dallas Monster Parsons, but there are others.  Me, I'm going against Yahho projected points and gambling on a comeback year from TJ Watt who is a Monster when healthy, but if he can't cut it anymore, I also will be looking for a D Player Free Agents at some point in season.  There is Franklin and about 7 others Yahoo has projected to put up good points in our league that you might consider as your Starting D Player to up your week one points.  Due to LM upping D Player points, we all need weekly D Player as much as Kicker or Defensive Team.  Heck, some weeks a D Player might be one of highest scoring players to have on a team, if they have break out monster games of many tackles, get a fumble, get an interception, score a TD, or get a safety.  Many ways a D Player can rack up points under new LM points.  Now with Tackle points, somebody like Franklin who gets about 10 tackles a game for Colts will be huge.  There are others if you click on Yahoo D Player projected points for rest of 2023 season. 

It's showing you need about 5 points to take on who you play week one.  You have no D Player. Pick out a good starting D player, and you get those needed 5 points and more. 

Also someone who I think is a Free Agent is 49ers Nick Bosa who shows as not reporting DNR. However he is expected to sign with 49ers before week one. We all know what a Monster 49ers Nick Bosa is, so that is worth consideration. He would be great to have once he signs, and so what if he didn't play preseason, neither did Bengals key starters. Put a 49ers uniform on Bosa and watch that Monster go to work. Bosa would be an All Madden or a Bill Parcells difference maker. Parcells list had to be a player who takes over a game, a very short list by Parcells, but I'm sure Bosa would be on that list. If you click on Nick Bosa, you will see The News is he is expected to be signed before week one. It's a gamble but maybe a gamble worth taking. Me, I'm already gambling on a comeback season out of TJ Watt. I think they are low risk gambles. Bosa will sign and be a monster, and TJ Watt if he plays at all will be a monster. Of course Yahoo says Franklin of Colts is a sure bet, and he probably is. I think Franklin and Bosa are Free Agents going into Sunday Morning FA opening....Yes Bosa is there, go to Players, go to D Players, go to 49ers only, he is there as Did Not Report, but the news says he is to resign before start of season any day. I mean, if he doesn't, you could always switch him for a good D Player in F/A in time for week one. ,,,But Yahoo is even pushing Franklin on me over Watt, Yahoo high on Franklin in F/A undrafted.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-26-2023

(08-25-2023, 10:10 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Fantasy is like 90% luck anyway so a good chance you end up with a solid team atleast.

Also seems Yahoo got rougher with the draft grades, a couple D's and even an F which I don't remember seeing in previous years.

It's a good thing they mean nothing.

Yeah. It reads like they hired The Onion to do the draft grades.  Hilarious

It's def less sterile than in years past.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-26-2023

I always get bad Yahoo draft grades because I do stuff like passing on RunCMC and Nick Chubb for Bijan Robinson. Yahoo hates it lol.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 01:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I always get bad Yahoo draft grades because I do stuff like passing on RunCMC and Nick Chubb for Bijan Robinson. Yahoo hates it lol.

When did you draft Robinson? He was my target for pick 7 if I was present at the draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 02:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: When did you draft Robinson? He was my target for pick 7 if I was present at the draft.

3rd

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-26-2023

I did reach for Aiyuk, but wanted a WR in that spot. It was between him and another (I forget who). Pulled the trigger based on his talent level, it’s got to shine through sometime. Why not this year?

(08-26-2023, 04:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: I did reach for Aiyuk, but wanted a WR in that spot. It was between him and another (I forget who). Pulled the trigger based on his talent level, it’s got to shine through sometime. Why not this year?

I get baited into Aiyuk every year and he sucks so I trade him then he pops off.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 04:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I get baited into Aiyuk every year and he sucks so I trade him then he pops off.  Hilarious

I always end up with Mike Williams who puts up top receiver numbers until he gets hurt for 5 or 6 games lol.

(08-26-2023, 01:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I always get bad Yahoo draft grades because I do stuff like passing on RunCMC and Nick Chubb for Bijan Robinson. Yahoo hates it lol.

Good thing i care more about the poo that i just sent downstream to the city than i do about their "draft grades".  Hilarious

(08-26-2023, 04:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: I did reach for Aiyuk, but wanted a WR in that spot. It was between him and another (I forget who). Pulled the trigger based on his talent level, it’s got to shine through sometime. Why not this year?

Unlike last year, i didn't make a single reach and didn't miss a single guy i was targeting so if i suck balls this year it will be solely because i suck balls and not because i took a bunch of chances. 

I can live with that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-27-2023

(08-26-2023, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Unlike last year, i didn't make a single reach and didn't miss a single guy i was targeting so if i suck balls this year it will be solely because i suck balls and not because i took a bunch of chances. 

I can live with that.

Had I been an NFL team, I would have traded down… . I’m happier with my team to start the year than any I’ve started with so far.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 08-27-2023

(08-26-2023, 04:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I get baited into Aiyuk every year and he sucks so I trade him then he pops off.  Hilarious

So if he starts out hot, maybe I should trade him  I’ll hit you up then.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-27-2023

I should have done my normal 1 million mocks. My team sucketh.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 08-27-2023

Bummer, I didn't get the waiver claim on one of the decent IDP left.

[Image: auto-draft-sucks.png]