Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-24-2023

I think I lost, big time. Mellow

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-24-2023

(09-24-2023, 08:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think I lost, big time. Mellow

You're only down 80, just need a 40 point game from Hurts and Mixon. Seems pretty likely to me  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-25-2023

(09-24-2023, 11:12 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You're only down 80, just need a 40 point game from Hurts and Mixon. Seems pretty likely to me  Ninja

Mixon should be solid for 7 TDs tonight, right?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-25-2023

(09-24-2023, 08:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think I lost, big time. Mellow

But you went wild on me in baseball play-offs putting up almost 900 points in one week.  I did good almost putting up 800, I never quit.   So my Cincy Red Bengals who had a good 1st place record over the season in one division is out due to you Tecmo.   You are now in the World Series this week against Houndizzles, who was in 1st place in the other division over the season.  But I can say I put up points in our NFL League here and won 2 weeks in a row.  I did the right thing benching my Bengals due to Burrow injury.  I'm usually a good record in baseball, but I want to improve my football record this year.  I would like to show I can go play-offs in football and not so last place as I have been, because I do good in Fantasy baseball and basketball. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-26-2023

How do waivers work in our league? I just realized it's not based on the sucky teams getting first pass on free agents.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 09-26-2023

(09-26-2023, 01:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How do waivers work in our league? I just realized it's not based on the sucky teams getting first pass on free agents.

Once waiver priority 1 places a successful claim, they go to waiver priority 14 and priority 2 moves to priority 1.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-28-2023

(09-26-2023, 06:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Once waiver priority 1 places a successful claim, they go to waiver priority 14 and priority 2 moves to priority 1.

as it should be. I think every Fantasy League works same way.  Also. I think #1 draft pick starts at last waiver position, and last pick at top of waiver in just about all Fantasy leagues.  

I saw my D player Watts has an early bye week, so I had to add a D player needed in week 6.   I took Nick Bosa for a bye week D.   Now both my QBs have injuries. Burrow calf, now Watson throwing shoulder.  Still, I'm sticking with them after looking at F/A QB's.  Watson has a week 5 bye week and throwing arm troubles week 4, so I considered replacing Watson, but the F/A QB talent tells me no.  

We will soon be getting into bye weeks, and that causes a whole bunch of Fantasy starting line-up problems.  With the added D Player points by LM, I felt I better have a week 6  D Player when Watts is off.  Watson off week 5 for me, so hopefully Burrow able to go week 5 or next week I will be scrambling to add a F/A QB, so hoping Burrow keeps playing.  Bye Weeks combined with injures does get tricky. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-28-2023

(09-28-2023, 12:21 AM)kevin Wrote: as it should be. I think every Fantasy League works same way.  Also. I think #1 draft pick starts at last waiver position, and last pick at top of waiver in just about all Fantasy leagues.  

I saw my D player Watts has an early bye week, so I had to add a D player needed in week 6.   I took Nick Bosa for a bye week D.   Now both my QBs have injuries. Burrow calf, now Watson throwing shoulder.  Still, I'm sticking with them after looking at F/A QB's.  Watson has a week 5 bye week and throwing arm troubles week 4, so I considered replacing Watson, but the F/A QB talent tells me no.  

We will soon be getting into bye weeks, and that causes a whole bunch of Fantasy starting line-up problems.  With the added D Player points by LM, I felt I better have a week 6  D Player when Watts is off.  Watson off week 5 for me, so hopefully Burrow able to go week 5 or next week I will be scrambling to add a F/A QB, so hoping Burrow keeps playing.  Bye Weeks combined with injures does get tricky. 

I still think we should get rid of waiver priority and bring in FAAB bids.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 09-29-2023

(09-28-2023, 01:27 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I still think we should get rid of waiver priority and bring in FAAB bids.

If this is a suggestion to LM for next season, fine.   I am against major rule changes in mid season, unless absolutely needed, which this is not.   

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 11:13 AM)kevin Wrote: If this is a suggestion to LM for next season, fine.   I am against major rule changes in mid season, unless absolutely needed, which this is not.   

Clearly talking about next season.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 09-29-2023

Well, I had a small electrical fire last week. Started out as almost nothing. I had a fire extinguisher ect. Long story short things went to hell quickly. While I was fighting the fire in the bathroom closet it went up the wall and into the ceiling. Then down the hall where all of the smoke and burning chemicals burst through and poured down onto my fur babies. I managed to bring the dog and one of my cats back. Lost a couple littles and managed to save a couple.

The top of my head is badly burned from the heat and my left shoulder/arm is severely burned. They had to pick a bunch of plastic out of it. Been a rough week.

Anyways, that's why I haven't been on. Just got my internet back in the last couple of days. At 53, I've seen my fair share of terrible things. This is easily the worst thing that I have ever experienced. My dog still has a terrible cough, but she is alive and seems to be moving in the right direction. In less than a minute it went from a spark to an inferno.

Moving forward I will be mostly talking about the league in here. Just needed to vent and share why I have been a little absent recently.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-29-2023

(09-29-2023, 12:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, I had a small electrical fire last week. Started out as almost nothing. I had a fire extinguisher ect. Long story short things went to hell quickly. While I was fighting the fire in the bathroom closet it went up the wall and into the ceiling. Then down the hall where all of the smoke and burning chemicals burst through and poured down onto my fur babies. I managed to bring the dog and one of my cats back. Lost a couple littles and managed to save a couple.

The top of my head is badly burned from the heat and my left shoulder/arm is severely burned. They had to pick a bunch of plastic out of it. Been a rough week.

Anyways, that's why I haven't been on. Just got my internet back in the last couple of days.  At 53, I've seen my fair share of terrible things. This is easily the worst thing that I have ever experienced. My dog still has a terrible cough, but she is alive and seems to be moving in the right direction. In less than a minute it went from a spark to an inferno.

Moving forward I will be mostly talking about the league in here. Just needed to vent and share why I have been a little absent recently.

Damn, hopefully you and the dog have a smooth recovery. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Synric - 09-30-2023

(08-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Synric Wrote: I always end up with Mike Williams who puts up top receiver numbers until he gets hurt for 5 or 6 games lol.

Never fails lol.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 09-30-2023

(09-29-2023, 12:04 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, I had a small electrical fire last week. Started out as almost nothing. I had a fire extinguisher ect. Long story short things went to hell quickly. While I was fighting the fire in the bathroom closet it went up the wall and into the ceiling. Then down the hall where all of the smoke and burning chemicals burst through and poured down onto my fur babies. I managed to bring the dog and one of my cats back. Lost a couple littles and managed to save a couple.

Anyways, that's why I haven't been on. Just got my internet back in the last couple of days.  At 53, I've seen my fair share of terrible things. This is easily the worst thing that I have ever experienced. My dog still has a terrible cough, but she is alive and seems to be moving in the right direction. In less than a minute it went from a spark to an inferno.

Wishing you the best!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-30-2023

If anybody wants to trade a decent RB to me send some offers.

Edit : Also not Joe Mixon for Justin Jefferson thanks.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-01-2023

(09-30-2023, 08:20 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If anybody wants to trade a decent RB to me send some offers.

Edit : Also not Joe Mixon for Justin Jefferson thanks.  Hilarious

You passed on Nico Collins who had 170 yards a 2 TDs today + Mixon manning the Bengals juggernaut of an offense.

Edit: I think I'm getting my first W today.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 05:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You passed on Nico Collins who had 170 yards a 2 TDs today + Mixon manning the Bengals juggernaut of an offense.

I like Nico but not giving up Jefferson for anybody at this point.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 05:35 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I like Nico but not giving up Jefferson for anybody at this point.

You'll regret not having a Bengal on your fantasy team.  Sarcasm

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 10-01-2023

(10-01-2023, 05:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You passed on Nico Collins who had 170 yards a 2 TDs today + Mixon manning the Bengals juggernaut of an offense.

Yes, you got your 1st win today.   Not the lone reason for my low points, but I saw it as a problem.  Burrow playing injured and my back-up to Burrow is Watson who is out from injury in Tennessee game.  I think we can now say Tennessee gets to the quarterback.  Both Watson and Burrow popped pretty good by Tennessee sack attack. 

My hope is that Watson stays on OUT status during next week bye week for him, so that I can maybe just put him on injured list and add a much needed QB to my team.  Also Higgins after today is listed as OUT with rib injuries.  

I think Burrow and Bengals will get healthy and tough at some point in season.  I think my Fantasy Team will have better weeks.  I do have to grab a F/A QB.  I don't see any worth using a waiver move on.  Wednesday morning will be god enough.   It's too early in season for me to dump Burrow or Watson.  I'm not making a ton of moves, Yahoo said I drafted a good team.  So at 2-2, I'm not scraping my team over one bad week.  That's Fantasy, you have good weeks and bad weeks.  I do have to address QB, because Burrow and Watson are just both way too injured to start week 5, and Watson on a bye week also.   No trades, no waiver move, just a Wednesday QB addition. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 10-01-2023

Sorry for your fire.  

You did win baseball season World Series over Tecmo, so Congrats on that.   Last I saw me and Dune Dogs were in a tie on the 3rd place consolation match up.  So you as Holmscreek Houdnizzles fnish FIRST PLACE, Tecmo Bengals SECOND PLACE and my Cincy Red Bengals and Dune Dogs may have ended in a tie for THIRD PLACE and FOURTH PLACE.  

So congrats on winning the 6 months baseball season and again, sorry you had a fire, but glad you lived through it.