Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 01:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Down goes Burrow and down goes my chances this week. Hard to win if your QB leaves the game in 1st half.  Plus my #2 picks was Higgins after taking Tyler Hill in #1.  I feel worse for how their injuries are effecting Bengals 2 losses in 5 days.  I'm a Bengals Fan first, and Fantasy is a distant second.

Tiger

You definitely have felt the wrath of the Fantasy Football Gods this season.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 02:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You definitely have felt the wrath of the Fantasy Football Gods this season.

I was able to add Stafford of the Rams today.  Bengals will not find a replacement as easy.  As for this week, If Ty Hill has a huge game and others on my team, I could make a run at winning still. If Hill has one of those around 40 point WR days that top WR's have now and then. If anybody could, Hill could, and Tua feeding him the ball. Doing the math, my opponents Jackson put up about 15 more points than my Burrow. So I need rest of my team to cover those 15 points, which is not impossible. Hard, but not impossible.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-17-2023

(11-17-2023, 01:39 PM)kevin Wrote: Down goes Burrow and down goes my chances this week. Hard to win if your QB leaves the game in 1st half.  Plus my #2 picks was Higgins after taking Tyler Hill in #1.  I feel worse for how their injuries are effecting Bengals 2 losses in 5 days.  I'm a Bengals Fan first, and Fantasy is a distant second.

Tiger

Bold move. I've never heard of him

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-17-2023

Tiger

Hey, wait a minute. Didn't you already beat me earlier this year?

I owe you Kevin!!!!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-18-2023

(11-17-2023, 11:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey, wait a minute. Didn't you already beat me earlier this year?

I owe you Kevin!!!!

Wasn't Me....Wasn't Me....Wasn't Me. 

OK, maybe it was.   However after injuries last year, I had record losing streak rest of season.  I've added Super Bowl ring for Rams Stafford for next week against Arizona.  I have RB Conner back for Arizona.  I added Browns RB on pace for 1,000 yard season replacing Chubb.  I have Hill for Miami, who I have trouble with his first name, so often I just say Ty Hill.  I have 49ers LB that announcers rave about.   So you may beat me this week due to Burrow half a game, but I'm going to do all I can to avoid another record losing streak as I had last season.  I'm not in play-off hunt at this time, but I do not want to lose rest of season as my team did after injuries last season.  I'm not without good players on my team to get some more wins, in spite of Burrow out and Higgins injury season.  As coaches say in Pee Wee Football on up to teams behind, No Quit.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-20-2023

Only 6 teams make the playoffs in our league. It's going to be a competitive fight to see who makes it and who doesn't. If the season ended today, I think I'd be the only team with a winning record not in the playoffs.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 11-20-2023

F Calvin Ridley! That is all.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-20-2023

(11-20-2023, 02:40 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: F Calvin Ridley! That is all.

I bet you draft him in round 2 next year. If you don't, he'll be a top 5 NFL WR.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-21-2023

(11-20-2023, 11:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Only 6 teams make the playoffs in our league. It's going to be a competitive fight to see who makes it and who doesn't. If the season ended today, I think I'd be the only team with a winning record not in the playoffs.

Boy do we have a fist fight this week!  AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-22-2023

My switch of players went through waivers. Dropped my #2 pick in draft. Seemed good at the time getting Hill and Higgins as WR's. Even if Higgins gets healthy, it's now Browning and not Burrow. Beckham on the other hand has Jackson and they could get real good together. Switching Higgins for someone else seemed right. Hate to give up on a #2 pick, but without Burrow, had to trade in Higgins.

Burrow out forces another move, dropping Bills Gabe Davis against Eagles, bye week and Chiefs rest of our regular season. Burrow out, so Stafford is best QB that I could get for week 12, but Mayfield and the team he plays in week 13 is needed.

So losing Burrow forces tough choices down the stretch if I'm trying to finish with a winning record at 5-6 now.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 11-25-2023

(11-22-2023, 05:53 AM)kevin Wrote: My switch of players went through waivers.  Dropped my #2 pick in draft.  Seemed good at the time getting Hill and Higgins as WR's.  Even if Higgins gets healthy, it's now Browning and not Burrow.  Beckham on the other hand has Jackson and they could get real good together.   Switching Higgins for someone else seemed right.  Hate to give up on a #2 pick, but without Burrow, had to trade in Higgins.

Burrow out forces another move, dropping Bills Gabe Davis against Eagles, bye week and Chiefs rest of our regular season.  Burrow out, so Stafford is best QB that I could get for week 12, but Mayfield and the team he plays in week 13 is needed.  

So losing Burrow forces tough choices down the stretch if I'm trying to finish with a winning record at 5-6 now.

kevin, you put it all in your efforts here!  Never give up.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-25-2023

(11-18-2023, 05:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Wasn't Me....Wasn't Me....Wasn't Me. 

OK, maybe it was.   However after injuries last year, I had record losing streak rest of season.  I've added Super Bowl ring for Rams Stafford for next week against Arizona.  I have RB Conner back for Arizona.  I added Browns RB on pace for 1,000 yard season replacing Chubb.  I have Hill for Miami, who I have trouble with his first name, so often I just say Ty Hill.  I have 49ers LB that announcers rave about.   So you may beat me this week due to Burrow half a game, but I'm going to do all I can to avoid another record losing streak as I had last season.  I'm not in play-off hunt at this time, but I do not want to lose rest of season as my team did after injuries last season.  I'm not without good players on my team to get some more wins, in spite of Burrow out and Higgins injury season.  As coaches say in Pee Wee Football on up to teams behind, No Quit.

You're scrapping and clawing to stay in the race. I commend you for the effort. You won last week and you have a legit shot this week still. 

I just can't seem to get over that 2 games over .500 hump. Every time i get there i'll get a "favorable" matchup and then i'll have a guy or two completely tank that week and drop a game or two then have to climb the ladder all over again. 

I think teeth has some kind of voodoo hex on me or something. There's some sketch stuff happening in that garage of his...

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-26-2023

I added a good last week of our regular season defense today, but then had to drop them back in F/A. Turns out Odell Beckham is a game time decision on playing or not injury. If he plays, he does show off in Prime Time, as we saw in Super Bowl. If he doesn't play Sunday Night, I needed a Monday Night WR for a last minute switch with Beckham before Sunday Night game. I really wanted that defense for week 14, but often injured Odell is in question again. I could have just put in Johnson of Steelers against Bengals, but Steelers haven't been throwing to him. IF Beckham plays, he will get the ball because Ravens have injuries and could use him. Turned out I needed a Monday Night back-up if he sits this out. They don't make it easy on us Fantasy League players.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 11-26-2023

(11-25-2023, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're scrapping and clawing to stay in the race. I commend you for the effort. You won last week and you have a legit shot this week still. 

Have people given up already? 

Quote:[quote pid='1425822' dateline='1700931680']
I just can't seem to get over that 2 games over .500 hump. Every time i get there i'll get a "favorable" matchup and then i'll have a guy or two completely tank that week and drop a game or two then have to climb the ladder all over again. 

[/quote]

Running into the same stuff. Although, I will admit this week Thanksgiving plans got the best of me and effected my teams.

Quote:I think teeth has some kind of voodoo hex on me or something. There's some sketch stuff happening in that garage of his...

When you masturbate to Mad Magazine, freaky shit happens. Just sayin.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 11-27-2023

Ima score about 110 points and still be the team that loses by the most points this week.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ima score about 110 points and still be the team that loses by the most points this week.

So at the end of this weeks games, we could be looking at seven 7-5 teams and one 8-4 team. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ima score about 110 points and still be the team that loses by the most points this week.

Even my backups had great games. “The wolves are hungry, my friends!” says Costanza the Marine Biologist.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 11-27-2023

I enter MNF losing by .36 points and have my IDP Edwards for the Bears playing. Dude better get me my .37 points tonight!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 11-27-2023

Houndizzles got me. He Wins and I Lose. I can't have a winning record. At 5-7, I can still shoot for a .500 record of 7-7. Of course I need to win game 6 first and Bob Jones will be the favorite by Yahoo. With Burrow out, not sure to start Stafford or Mayfield, but I saw Cooper Kupp playing which is one good reason to start Stafford again next week. Rams have Stafford, Kupp, Higbee, and look more like that Super Bowl than injured Bengals now. Rams could be tough rest of season. Yahoo will tell me to start Mayfield over Stafford, but that's all computer stat and doesn't take into account Rams are healthy and a tough team again. Of course if Burrow and Higgins hadn't been so injured this year, IF, IF, IF.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 11-27-2023

(11-27-2023, 02:40 PM)kevin Wrote: Houndizzles got me. He Wins and I Lose.  I can't have a winning record.  At 5-7, I can still shoot for a .500 record of 7-7.   Of course I need to win game 6 first and Bob Jones will be the favorite by Yahoo.  With Burrow out, not sure to start Stafford or Mayfield, but I saw Cooper Kupp playing which is one good reason to start Stafford again next week. Rams have Stafford, Kupp, Higbee, and look more like that Super Bowl than injured Bengals now.  Rams could be tough rest of season.  Yahoo will tell me to start Mayfield over Stafford, but that's all computer stat and doesn't take into account Rams are healthy and a tough team again.  Of course if Burrow and Higgins hadn't been so injured this year, IF, IF, IF.

Barely pulled out a win this week but even if I win out and go 8-6 I probably still miss the playoffs.

Outside of 2 teams it's been super competitive this season.