Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 12:51 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Ridley doing Ridley shit when in my lineup, JS!!! Lol...plz put this season out of my memory....jeez. 

As Bfine quickly develops a flop sweat with Lawrence on the turf.  

It's been a rough one, ready to never see that clown Mahomes on one of my fantasy rosters again.

Dude has lost me games this season.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-05-2023

Boys, I'll see some of you in the playoffs courtesy of bfine.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-05-2023

Playing Poppie for the division crown. Good luck, G!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playing Poppie for the division crown. Good luck, G!

Pretty crazy that so many teams technically have a shot at the playoffs with only 1 locked in going into the last week.

You and Poppies are 2 and 3 right now but could possibly miss the playoffs with a loss if I'm seeing things right.

Gonna be a crazy finish.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 02:01 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Pretty crazy that so many teams technically have a shot at the playoffs with only 1 locked in going into the last week.

[Image: i-am-that-guy.gif]

(12-05-2023, 06:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: i-am-that-guy.gif]

Careful you don't wanna get too positive, we both know your brand is more of the sky is falling type.  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playing Poppie for the division crown. Good luck, G!

I actually had a decent draft this year. Not starting off 0 and 5 or some such crap helps a lot! Gonna be crazy, though. I’m nervous, the past couple of weeks I couldn’t miss, eveyone showed up. Watch my whole team score single digits this week, lol.

Good luck!

(12-05-2023, 06:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Careful you don't wanna get too positive, we both know your brand is more of the sky is falling type.  Ninja

[Image: who-me.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-06-2023

I'm out of play-offs, but still trying to win last week of season. So when you see me dumping players such as RB-Conner it is due to his bye week which does me no good. So I'm not dumping players to help play-off teams, I'm dumping players to help me win one more game my last week of season. I also dumped QB-Stafford playing at Baltimore and Steelers WR and TE due to their QB injury. Some of the players I dumped could help a team in the play-offs, but that ain't why I'm dumping them. They don't fit into my final week plans for me, and I'm still trying to win my final week this season.

Anyway, I am not dumping players to help play-off teams. It may look that way, but I'm not.

I had a good draft. I had a few injuries but so has everybody. My biggest problem is that I have had more points scored against me than any other team on the season. If you lead the league in points scored against you in football or baseball fantasy, that is just bad luck. It's hard to win. I have seen good teams in fantasy baseball struggle because they had the bad luck of being the team with the most points scored against them. This means you aren't catching any teams having off weeks, and everybody is having season best weeks against you. This bad luck falls on somebody, and it fell on me per the League season points against stats. I will end up with enough points scored, but the points against me were too much to be in play-off running. A play-of type team such as Made You Cry said I beat him twice. There is a good team I beat twice, so I had a good draft and a good team, just way too many season points scored against me and their is no Defense to that, it comes down to Luck. I did good in baseball, but I saw one good team losing because his bad luck of leading league in most points scored against him. It Happens.

So trying to win last week. It was fun again. Good luck to the play-off teams. Tecmo is scoring a ton of points, but play-offs is a whole new season. A lot of teams could win the Championship. Any team that makes play-offs Could Go All The Way.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-06-2023

(12-06-2023, 11:58 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm out of play-offs, but still trying to win last week of season.  So when you see me dumping players such as RB-Conner it is due to his bye week which does me no good.  So I'm not dumping players to help play-off teams, I'm dumping players to help me win one more game my last week of season. I also dumped QB-Stafford playing at Baltimore and Steelers WR and TE due to their QB injury.  Some of the players I dumped could help a team in the play-offs, but that ain't why I'm dumping them.  They don't fit into my final week plans for me, and I'm still trying to win my final week this season.

Anyway, I am not dumping players to help play-off teams.  It may look that way, but I'm not.

I had a good draft.  I had a few injuries but so has everybody.  My biggest problem is that I have had more points scored against me than any other team on the season.  If you lead the league in points scored against you in football or baseball fantasy, that is just bad luck.  It's hard to win.  I have seen good teams in fantasy baseball struggle because they had the bad luck of being the team with the most points scored against them.  This means you aren't catching any teams having off weeks, and everybody is having season best weeks against you.  This bad luck falls on somebody, and it fell on me per the League season points against stats.  I will end up with enough points scored, but the points against me were too much to be in play-off running. A play-of type team such as Made You Cry said I beat him twice.  There is a good team I beat twice, so I had a good draft and a good team, just way too many season points scored against me and their is no Defense to that, it comes down to Luck.  I did good in baseball, but I saw one good team losing because his bad luck of leading league in most points scored against him.  It Happens.

So trying to win last week.  It was fun again.  Good luck to the play-off teams.  Tecmo is scoring a ton of points, but play-offs is a whole new season. A lot of teams could win the Championship. Any team that makes play-offs Could Go All The Way.

[Image: 300px-Confused_Nick_Young_%28wide%29.jpg]

Drops a teams RB1 cause he can't help you win this week, keeps 2 QBs and 2 Defensive players.  Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-06-2023

Dropping Conner is odd because. You could ditch Faker Mayfield.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-07-2023

(12-06-2023, 04:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Dropping Conner is odd because. You could ditch Faker Mayfield.

No.  This is my last week, because I'm not going play-offs next week.  So Conner on Bye Week is no help to me.  With Burrow out for me,  Mayfield is best option this week at QB.   I have been using Stafford, but I don't like at Baltimore this week, so I dumped him also and going with Mayfield doing OK for Tampa against Atlanta.   I would have loved to have had Conner finally back from injury most of season, but his week 14 Bye Week does me no good.  I'm sure he will do good week 15, but I won't be in play-offs week 15, so I don't need his Zero Points week 14. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-07-2023

(12-06-2023, 01:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: [Image: 300px-Confused_Nick_Young_%28wide%29.jpg]

Drops a teams RB1 cause he can't help you win this week, keeps 2 QBs and 2 Defensive players.  Hilarious

Again, I won't be in play-offs next week, so I don't need a bye week 14 player even if it is Conner.   I was saving my extra QB and D player to make late week moves, which I just did.  Flacco could have been a choice over Mayfield, except Flacco is still list N/A...and I'm starting Watt for Steelers tonight on Thursday, so I just dumped Bates.  Not much to add though.  Houston Ohio State WR that the Ohio State QB likes to go to and Bills TE Kincaid.  At least if I need them to start Sunday, they are active and not on bye week.  

Last week before play-offs, and I ain't in the play-offs.  Injury to Burrow had me carry some QB's.  Stafford and Mayfield and I added Flacco. but Stafford and Flacco dropped because I'm starting Mayfield against Atlanta.  I don't like Stafford at Baltimore and Flacco listed as N/A.  Didn't need Bates if I'm starting Watt.   This is my last week of season, you other guys are looking weeks ahead, I'm only looking Week 14. 

No, I don't have Flacco and Bates, who could have been starting options, but aren't. I replaced them with Noah Brown and Kincaid who their QB's like to go to. So come Sunday morning I'll look it over, and see what my starting team is Sunday. There is no Week 15 or Week 16 for me. I'm not in the play-off picture,

Yes, drops a bye week RB like Conner because he can't help me win this week. What am I suppose to do, save his as a possible draft keeper in August next year. If there are keepers, I would keep Tyreek Hill.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-07-2023

(12-07-2023, 09:30 PM)kevin Wrote: Again, I won't be in play-offs next week, so I don't need a bye week 14 player even if it is Conner.   I was saving my extra QB and D player to make late week moves, which I just did.  Flacco could have been a choice over Mayfield, except Flacco is still list N/A...and I'm starting Watt for Steelers tonight on Thursday, so I just dumped Bates.  Not much to add though.  Houston Ohio State WR that the Ohio State QB likes to go to and Bills TE Kincaid.  At least if I need them to start Sunday, they are active and not on bye week.  

Last week before play-offs, and I ain't in the play-offs.  Injury to Burrow had me carry some QB's.  Stafford and Mayfield and I added Flacco. but Stafford and Flacco dropped because I'm starting Mayfield against Atlanta.  I don't like Stafford at Baltimore and Flacco listed as N/A.  Didn't need Bates if I'm starting Watt.   This is my last week of season, you other guys are looking weeks ahead, I'm only looking Week 14. 

No, I don't have Flacco and Bates, who could have been starting options, but aren't.  I replaced them with Noah Brown and Kincaid who their QB's like to go to.  So come Sunday morning I'll look it over, and see what my starting team is Sunday. There is no Week 15 or Week 16 for me.  I'm not in the play-off picture,

Yes, drops a bye week RB like Conner because he can't help me win this week.  What am I suppose to do, save his as a possible draft keeper in August next year. If there are keepers, I would keep Tyreek Hill.

It ain't worth arguing over in a free league but it's generally in bad taste to drop a RB1 who's 92% owned a week before the playoffs. 

Not a big deal though.

A solution to this problem in the future could be rewarding the winner of the consolation bracket with there choice of draft position. 

Just a thought but could keep people interested even if they miss the playoffs.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-08-2023

My waiver wire pickup of Zeke already putting up big points.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-08-2023

(12-07-2023, 09:30 PM)kevin Wrote: Again, I won't be in play-offs next week, so I don't need a bye week 14 player even if it is Conner.

Many fantasy players view it as a bush league move because you are handing a playoff team a free RB1. It is funny more people got upset when I picked up Colt McCoy last season than you dropping a RB1. If this were a money league hell would be raised about your move.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-08-2023

(12-08-2023, 09:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Many fantasy players view it as a bush league move because you are handing a playoff team a free RB1. It is funny more people got upset when I picked up Colt McCoy last season than you dropping a RB1. If this were a money league hell would be raised about your move.

[Image: giphy.gif]

That's still crazy to me, every competitive league I've ever played in it would have been the other guys fault for not picking up a QB before Monday if his starting QB status was unknown.

Guess some people feel differently though.  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 12-08-2023

Monitoring the Connor situation. First off, I'm sure Kevin meant to give anyone an unfair advantage. The situation is nuanced. For instance, there's a reason I'm priority 1 in Waiver Wire; I don't claim off waivers unless it's someone I need; while others will use waiver wire to upgrade Defense weekly.

He has dropped 2 players that could aid playoff teams; he could have easily dropped the likes of Noah Brown and held onto Connor, but each manager manages his own team.

WTS, I will not be claiming either

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-09-2023

Nobody wanted Conner? He was my 2nd priority for waiver claims and I ended up getting him. I put in for Logan first.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 12:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nobody wanted Conner? He was my 2nd priority for waiver claims and I ended up getting him. I put in for Logan first.

I rather need a WR, so I figured to wait for Kevin to drop Tyreek Hill.